Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,303 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Be Careful Buying Phones Here - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Be Careful Buying Phones Here (2463 Views)

The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe / Is There Any Risk In Buying Phones From Jumia? / Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Careful Buying Phones Here by chimagiles: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2019
Most of the guys advertising phones here are big time scammers, they just get pictures of phones upload here looking for who to scam. i have sent 70k to someone here including waybill fare and he stopped taking my immediately after he got the money

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by healthserve(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2019
chimagiles:
Most of the guys advertising phones here are big time scammers, they just get pictures of phones upload here looking for who to scam. i have sent 70k to someone here including waybill fare and he stopped taking my immediately after he got the money

Oh my God. Chimo

Jeez. Ndo
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by Rebuke: 10:35am On Nov 01, 2019
Oh gosh! Nemesis will definitely catch up with whosoever did that.

As a matter of fact, I can't even buy a phone from jxt anyone here xcept is pay and "carry go".

Also, buying phone from an individual here is a big risk.

Some of them sell phone with hidden faults.......yhu see them saying clean as new etc.

Please, people should wise up.

Op, report the matter the mods and post the name of that scammer here to avoid anyone else falling for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by theoneJabulani(m): 10:42am On Nov 01, 2019
There are honest people here, I sold a phone here last week . As a buyer, it is better to buy from someone in a location u can easily have access to either by yourself or through a proxy. That way, u can check the phone before paying. It's the safest way

5 Likes

Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by 11Anonymous(m): 10:47am On Nov 01, 2019
Buy phones from only those in your state you can meet.
Check out the phone carefully before paying.

9 Likes

Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by 11Anonymous(m): 11:02am On Nov 01, 2019
Buy phones from only those in your state you can meet.
Check out the phone carefully before paying.

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by sheggsliveth: 11:10am On Nov 01, 2019
chimagiles:

It's good to buy from same state... Just once I waybill and the buyer held my balance immediately he confirmed the item he sent my balance... Not all Nairalander are wolves..... So sorry for the lost sha.
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by chimagiles: 11:21am On Nov 01, 2019
sheggsliveth:

It's good to buy from same state... Just once I waybill and the buyer held my balance immediately he confirmed the item he sent my balance... Not all Nairalander are wolves..... So sorry for the lost sha.
Thanks
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by chimagiles: 11:29am On Nov 01, 2019
his handle here is Kontrolla and his number is 08146469631
Rebuke:
Oh gosh! Nemesis will definitely catch up with whosoever did that.

As a matter of fact, I can't even buy a phone from jxt anyone here xcept is pay and "carry go".

Also, buying phone from an individual here is a big risk.

Some of them sell phone with hidden faults.......yhu see them saying clean as new etc.

Please, people should wise up.

Op, report the matter the mods and post the name of that scammer here to avoid anyone else falling for him.
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by gogeekish(m): 1:29pm On Nov 01, 2019
Did you check his reputation? Has anyone dealth with him before? What's his ID. You can track him down if you care...

Before sending cash to someone, think about using Escrow first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by calabaman(m): 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
chimagiles:
his handle here is Kontrolla and his number is 08146469631

^^^^
He has deactivated his account.
Sorry man... Hate seeing scammers get away with such nonsense!
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by crestedaguiyi: 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
provide the bank details you paid into, lets shame his friends and family, he will talk to you
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by bamac(m): 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
chimagiles:
That is bad, and this is one of those that makes people like me doing online business to look like a scammer in the face of new customer.

He will definitely meet his waterloo.

I understand the pain, but please don't generalize that kind attitude among those of us that share product pictures here. Many nairalander can testify to my Jumia services on both pay on delivery and prepaid orders.
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by chimagiles: 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
Asiriuwa Evidence 3130644315 First Bank
crestedaguiyi:
provide the bank details you paid into, lets shame his friends and family, he will talk to you

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by valgbo(m): 3:53pm On Nov 01, 2019
chimagiles:
Asiriuwa Evidence 3130644315 First Bank
funny that his name is evidence

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by judedave181: 5:26pm On Nov 01, 2019
You can track him and get ur money back tru bank detail.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by chimagiles: 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
how can i do that, i sent @firstbank a tweet still waiting for their official response
judedave181:
You can track him and get ur money back tru bank detail.
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by Mike23r: 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
chimagiles:
how can i do that, i sent @firstbank a tweet still waiting for their official response
enter bank gangan

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by Depressed101: 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2019
Op you can track him, nothing is hidden under the face of earth anymore... Moreover before making such deal you should done a little background check, like year of registration... Evidence of other successful deals... Etc

There are many honest people here. My laptop was bought from a total stranger here, transfered money to him, got my stuff here in delta state from lagos....

I hope you get this Scammer.
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by Sambaby7640: 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
chimagiles:
bro enter bank they might be able to help
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:17pm On Nov 01, 2019
You are the architect of your own misfortune. Even jumia I don't trust them. I do pay on delivery.
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by chimagiles: 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
Bro I'm super busy don't know when I will have time to dat. Thanks for ur comcern
Sambaby7640:
bro enter bank they might be able to help
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by Daviestunech(m): 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
Chai seeing someone being scammed is wat I hate most...with is bank details u HV u can easily track him Nd collect your money back... just go to the bank...
I also bought my laptop here on nairaland(the person brought it down to my ouse ND paid him)... though my own policy stands with pay on delivery....if the buyer no accept that then he can f**k off...
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by trueking: 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
I prefer to take my money, go to a shop, buy and go home peacefully.
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by taiwiki(m): 7:38am On Nov 02, 2019
chimagiles:
send them an email and copy cbn
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 02, 2019
and this guy is advertising 247 on jiji.. imagine how many people he will have scam
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by gogeekish(m): 1:13am On Nov 05, 2019
FromZeroToHero:
You are the architect of your own misfortune. Even jumia I don't trust them. I do pay on delivery.
Lolzzz, you automatically have trust issue. I hope it doesn't steal away opportunities from you.
Sometimes, there is need to trust
Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by Lexusgs430: 1:18am On Nov 05, 2019
chimagiles:

Very easy..... Lodge a complain with 1st bank, he would refund you within 48 hours...........

With long leg o, not just over the counter reporting.......

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Buying Phones Here by chimagiles: 2:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
do you have the "long leg"
Lexusgs430:

Very easy..... Lodge a complain with 1st bank, he would refund you within 48 hours...........

With long leg o, not just over the counter reporting.......

(1) (Reply)

Defective Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Unit “cracks” As User Flips The Phone / Xiaomi Black Shark 3 : OFFICIAL Specs And Price(PICS) / EXCLUSIVE UNBOXING OF THE NEW TECNO PHANTOM Z(A7)...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.