Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. (9060 Views)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs / The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe / Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Mustiboy(m): 8:51am On Nov 15, 2018
I thinks it is no news that the nigerian customs now charges exorbitant fees on phones delivered to Nigeria via aliexpress and its likes. the charges dont make any sense, and the worst part is that they come randomly, with no one knowing for sure if an item is going to be charged or how much its going to be.
to save yourselff from custom wahala, simply order via jumia or some agents on here. its not certain these nairaland agents are going to help you evade custom charges, but they have tactics that they apply to increase your chances of not being charged ; i can vouch for noobody on this.
all in all, stop buying from chinese stores yourself and buy from jumia or nairaland agents instead.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by GrandMufti: 9:32am On Nov 15, 2018
Mustiboy:

Please take this post down! angry

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by sanandreas(m): 9:40am On Nov 15, 2018
The charges are exhorbitant and for now I am staying away from AliExpress.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by flexerking(m): 9:47am On Nov 15, 2018
GrandMufti:

Please take this post down! angry

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by GrandMufti: 9:48am On Nov 15, 2018
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Ejadike(m): 9:57am On Nov 15, 2018
Are you sure? Or is this one scope of spoiling business for hardworking people?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Ejadike(m): 10:04am On Nov 15, 2018
sanandreas:
The charges are exhorbitant and for now I am staying away from AliExpress.
have they charged you directly or is it just mere hearsay?

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 15, 2018
Can you explain the "exorbitant" fee from the custom? I only heard of DHL working in hands with custom to extort recipients. Though custom charge on aliexpress orders but it isn't that much. The worst is 2k. Stop spreading fake news to cause panic in people's mind.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by helium2: 10:46am On Nov 15, 2018
Mrblaster:
Can you explain the "exorbitant" fee from the custom? I only heard of DHL working in hands with custom to extort recipients. Though custom charge on aliexpress orders but it isn't that much. The worst is 2k. Stop spreading fake news to cause panic in people's mind.

Enter the xiaomi thread and see people paying charges of 7k on 45k phone.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by flexerking(m): 10:51am On Nov 15, 2018
Mrblaster:
undecided 2k is the highest u ave seen ? goto xiaomi thread biko and see ur self the receipt is there self

6 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by MetroBaba1(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2018
Dear Op, I order from aliexpress. No exorbitant fees, no extra charges, etc. Nipost or the postal office delivers to me.
To tell you more, I receive calls from the postal office, notifying me of my goods Before delivering, due to strong relationship established.

Sometimes, I tip them off to ensure safety and handling of my goods.

Don't believe craps from people if you've not experience it.

Don't spread false information with no experience to back up your claims.

Take down this post Now

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by cbrezy(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2018
hmm

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by sanandreas(m): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2018
Ejadike:
have they charged you directly or is it just mere hearsay?

They haven't but I want to get a Xiaomi as a Christmas gift for a loved one. I would halt that plan for now.
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Ejadike(m): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2018
sanandreas:

They haven't but I want to get a Xiaomi as a Christmas gift for a loved one. I would halt that plan for now.
can I recommend another phone for you?
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by jeph19(m): 11:44am On Nov 15, 2018
If you can't explain what you mean by exorbitant then please stop spreading those lies
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by gen2briz(m): 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2018
People can lie and mis inform people ehnnnn
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by nenergy(m): 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2018
The OP has a point. Even Jumia now charges N600/item as international customs charge for global orders.

I am a Jumia Sales Consultant. Call or WhatsApp about anything Jumia

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by GrandMufti: 12:43pm On Nov 15, 2018
nenergy:
The OP has a point. Even Jumia now charges N600/item as international customs charge for global orders.

I am a Jumia Sales Consultant. Call or WhatsApp about anything Jumia

₦600 from jumia is old news.

And who orders a Homtom phone with DHL shipping? shocked
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by ikennamadu1(m): 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2018
I rather stay without phone than to buy from jumia... tufiakwa.... rather I will spoil there market

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by kingpheenix(m): 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2018
Don't mind these Jumia agents, DHL and customs sometimes charge stupid fees yes but using other methods and waiting is better than receiving substandard and fake products from jumia

2 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2018
gen2briz:
People can lie and mis inform people ehnnnn
Don’t MIND anthem.
They have been sent to DEMARKET ALIEXPRESS.
RUBBISH.
Na JUMIA agents and the others

3 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Ramon92: 3:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
MetroBaba1:
Dear Op, I order from aliexpress. No exorbitant fees, no extra charges, etc. Nipost or the postal office delivers to me.
To tell you more, I receive calls from the postal office, notifying me of my goods Before delivering, due to strong relationship established.

Take down this post Now
Mr man stop saying nonsense. I paid 8k for a 40k phone.. That it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it's not happening..

8 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by lawrence35(m): 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
Buy and sell on [url]binamart.com[/url]

You can buy everything you want, no charges.
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by MetroBaba1(m): 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ramon92:
Mr man stop saying nonsense. I paid 8k for a 40k phone.. That it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it's not happening..

You must be simpleton. I mentioned the channel I receive my goods. State yours and stop being a dimwit.

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by jesuisnaga: 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2018
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by koonlay101: 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2018
MetroBaba1:

Take down this post Now

Bro, the fact that you have not experienced it does not mean that this does not happen.

I ordered a Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus around July/August and was told to pay around 10k as custom fees when I went to collect it at the post office.

I was told that a DN has been placed on the item by customs. The reason for that, I don't know.

Maybe those who are into cargo/shipping business on nairaland can educate us on the types of item that attracts such charges but I doubt cos some of them too benefit from this as stated by the OP.

Anyone with more information on how this works can share.

You can google "dn attached to package by customs" and see some nairaland threads returned amongst the search results.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Collins4u1(m): 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2018
Mustiboy:
I thinks it is no news that the nigerian customs now charges exorbitant fees on phones delivered to Nigeria via aliexpress and its likes. the charges dont make any sense, and the worst part is that they come randomly, with no one knowing for sure if an item is going to be charged or how much its going to be.
to save yourselff from custom wahala, simply order via jumia or some agents on here. its not certain these nairaland agents are going to help you evade custom charges, but they have tactics that they apply to increase your chances of not being charged ; i can vouch for noobody on this.
all in all, stop buying from chinese stores yourself and buy from jumia or nairaland agents instead.

that you don't know how to do it properly doesn't mean I don't... I'm ranked Diamond on aliexpress, if you know what that means.

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Babyada447: 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
Thanks man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Network Has The Cheapest Call Rate To Ghana Numbers? / Have U Tried This Mtn Promo? / Fix Your Phone Mouthpiece Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.