Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) (50124 Views)

Driveinhud Ranks Number 1 Travel App On Play Store! / Civil Defence Officers Revolt Over Deduction Of N5,000 From Their Salaries / Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by thatigboman: 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2019
BluntBoy:

I don't know about the NSCDC, but as far as the military is concerned, you can earn a commission without necessarily having a university degree. I have an uncle who earned a commission simply by graduating from NDA before it was upgraded to a university.

Even Muhammadu Buhari, Obasanjo, and others earned their commissions by graduating from military academies (not universities).
right from time, from NDA, it's straight commissioning. NDA is equivalent to university. While those that enter army straight with school cert go to Depot in Zaria, those ones are non-commissioned

1 Like

Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by blowjohn(m): 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
illitrate:
www.nscdc mhmmm

Dasol!
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by BluntBoy(m): 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2019
thatigboman:
right from time, from NDA, it's straight commissioning. NDA is equivalent to university. While those that enter army straight with school cert go to Depot in Zaria, those ones are non-commissioned

NDA was not equivalent to a university when my uncle graduated from there and earned a commisson.

It was in 1985 that NDA was upgraded to a university.

Even in the United States, graduates of military academies earn immediate commissions.

1 Like

Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by renewable1(m): 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ok

8 HOURS ELECTRICITY DAILY FROM THE SUN.. CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by ogojaogoja(m): 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2019
I applied for ASP 1 in NSCDC but I will roundup my NYSC in August 2020, will they screen me out because of NYSC discharge certificate?
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by thatigboman: 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2019
BluntBoy:

NDA was not equivalent to a university when my uncle graduated from there and earned a commisson.

It was in 1985 that NDA was upgraded to a university.

Even in the United States, graduates of military academies earn immediate commissions.
before 85, it was equivalent of which institution?
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by Alashoalash10: 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2019
MarshallDT:
The Following are the ranks Of Non-commissioned Officers:-

1. Corps Assistant ll

2. Corps Assistant l

3. Assistant Inspector

4. Inspector

5. Senior Inspector

6. Principal Inspector

7. Assistant Chief Inspector

8. Deputy Chief Inspector

9. Chief Inspector

The following are the ranks of Commissioned officers:-

1. Assistant Superintendent ll

2. Assistant Superintendent l

3. Deputy Superintendent

4. Superintendent

5. Chief Superintendent

6. Assistant Commandant

7. Deputy Commandant

8. Commandant

9. Assistant Commandant General

10. Deputy Commandant General

11. Commandant General

Let's have the levels also
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by Avast(m): 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
xaggar:

Ond is placed on level 6 @ N50k or thereabout.
Further studies would upgrade u to level 8 or 9 (depending on the course studied) but must be from a govt recognised or known institution not just any but u must notify the agency when u get an admission

What is the job of non commission officers, do we have some that stay in office?

Presently I have a job in a private sector with the same salary range you mentioned above. Thou, I am okay here but I want to join NSCDC because of job security in the government sector.
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by DonroxyII: 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by greggng: 2:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
anuofGod:

can a female apply? I graduated from a Nigeria university.

If u have big back side the type nara marley says is better than degree then u can apply
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by 1000LIKES(m): 2:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
futurerex:

Is it because they're not harassing and shaving innocent civilians, tagging every successful youth criminal or yahoo boys
Go to north east, south south, Abuja Kaduna high way and you'll see and know their functions even though they're few in number compare to police.

I said barely bro. I didn't at non functional
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by 1000LIKES(m): 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
Philinho:

Empty brain...Right now I'm on the Kaduna- Abuja road with the military killing the "bandits" your brothers .What are you contributing to the NATION?

I said barely functional bro. Insults are not always necessary
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by olayemioshiyemi: 2:45pm On Nov 03, 2019
xaggar:

He meant he has no godfather

Oh oookay. ....thanks for the clarification
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by MarshallDT(m): 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2019
phransix2:
Poor Journalism. You couldn't even include pictures of what the ranks looks like and didn't explain what is the difference between both categories.

You probably must have bribed ur way to FP
Sorry to disappoint you angry Nigerian but I’m not even one of their personnel... I’m just a random bloody civilian so take your anger somewhere else
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by MarshallDT(m): 3:09pm On Nov 03, 2019
danboy12:
please sir what level and rank can HND holder get to reach in nscdc?
Senior Inspector of Corps (SIC), CONPASS 08

Applicants must be holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificates obtained from recognized institutions.

1 Like

Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by achiever1991: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
thatigboman:
1st degree or HND holders are commissioned, below that are non-commissioned. Same happens in police and military are paramilitary

Are you sure about this??
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by MarshallDT(m): 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2019
BluntBoy:

I don't know about the NSCDC, but as far as the military is concerned, you can earn a commission without necessarily having a university degree. I have an uncle who earned a commission simply by graduating from NDA before it was upgraded to a university.

Even Muhammadu Buhari, Obasanjo, and others earned their commissions by graduating from military academies (not universities).
For military there’s also something called “field commission” during war time
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by MarshallDT(m): 3:17pm On Nov 03, 2019
Alashoalash10:
Let's have the levels also
Level 3-5 - Assistant Cadre
Level 6 - Assistant Inspectorate Cadre
Level 7 - Inspectorate Cadre
Level 8 - Assistant Superintendent Cadre II
Level 9 - Assistant Superintendent Cadre I
Level 10 - Deputy Superintendent Cadre II
Level 11 - Superintendent Cadre II
Level 12 - Chief Superintendent Cadre II
Level 13 - Assistant Commander
Level 14 - Deputy Commander
Level 15 - Commander
Level 16 - Assistant Commandant General

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by achiever1991: 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2019
MarshallDT:

Applicants must be holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificates obtained from recognized institutions.
okay
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by achiever1991: 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2019
MarshallDT:

Like how much is the salary for CONPASS 08
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by MarshallDT(m): 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
achiever1991:

Like how much is the salary for CONPASS 08
70k-100k plus
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by BluntBoy(m): 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
thatigboman:
before 85, it was equivalent of which institution?

College of education.
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by BluntBoy(m): 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
MarshallDT:

For military there’s also something called “field commission” during war time

Never heard about that, though. I will read about it.
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by danboy12: 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2019
MarshallDT:

okay thank you sir, my question is,
What is the highest level /rank an HND holder can rise to. As in limit point (level/rank) for HND.
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by Taku555(m): 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2019
1000LIKES:
These guys are barely functional in the society

People like you would never appreciate good things. 'They are barley fictional in the society' tell us what you have done in the society. People like you are yet to leave village.

3 days ago, 3 of its men were ambushed in Rivers and shot dead while other sustain degrees of injury and you are here talking what you don't know. Go to the north east and see. Go to the north west too. I bet you make your findings, these guys are well respected and considered more than the police in the northern states.
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by Taku555(m): 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
MarshallDT:

70k-100k plus
Stop misleading the public. A graduate on L08 is not taking home 70k. It's from 115k-120k depending on the steps. 70k is for the IC-onspector of corps

1 Like

Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by Taku555(m): 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2019
achiever1991:

Are you sure about this??

He Is right
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by Kennitrust(m): 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2019
phransix2:
Poor Journalism. You couldn't even include pictures of what the ranks looks like and didn't explain what is the difference between both categories.

You probably must have bribed ur way to FP
that's why I don't bother reading it because I don't know what the rank look like

1 Like

Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by Taku555(m): 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2019
MrNipplesLover:
I still prefer Antonio Rudigér in the defence to these people.

what they do, I no dey see am

angry

Go for eye surgery
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by 1000LIKES(m): 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
Taku555:

People like you would never appreciate good things. 'They are barley fictional in the society' tell us what you have done in the society. People like you are yet to leave village.

3 days ago, 3 of its men were ambushed in Rivers and shot dead while other sustain degrees of injury and you are here talking what you don't know. Go to the north east and see. Go to the north west too. I bet you make your findings, these guys are well respected and considered more than the police in the northern states.

I am from Delta, but I live in Abuja.
I have friends in the corp, they themselves say the same thing.

So I repeat, these guys are barely functional.
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by Taku555(m): 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2019
1000LIKES:

I am from Delta, but I live in Abuja.
I have friends in the corp, they themselves say the same thing.

So I repeat, these guys are barely functional.
Make your findings first. Do not believe in hear say stories. No man would tell you that his job doesn't have worth even if it's obvious he sleeps at home.
Re: Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) by xaggar(m): 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2019
Avast:

What is the job of non commission officers, do we have some that stay in office?

Presently I have a job in a private sector with the same salary range you mentioned above. Thou, I am okay here but I want to join NSCDC because of job security in the government sector.

Yes some do administrative tasks (office duties) but could be rotated to try other departments. However, we are all operational or general duty staff: meaning we all could go out to the field.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BAT Nigeria Salary Scale: Salary Of British American Tobacco PLC Of Nigeria / Gallant Soldiers Sit On Their Head Inside A Dirty Water During Military Training / 7 Least Stressful Jobs That Pay A Lot Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.