Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots (3156 Views)

10 Phone Brands That Failed Instantly / Brands That Are True To The Nigerian Root. Hhere’s Why? Check Out Some Brands / Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by Bixxbent(m): 11:53pm On Nov 01, 2019
These Brands are true to the Nigerian root. Hhere’s why?
Check Out Some Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots
Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots

Sometimes, you can’t help but wonder how a little child can mention the name of a brand off the top of their head or how some brand names have become the umbrella name for other products in their line.
If you are in doubt that there are brands that have localized themselves so well that Nigerians believe that life without these products would not be complete, h. Here are four brands and products that haveare of true Nigerian roots, and here is why:why I believe that they do;
UAC:

United Africa Company of Nigeria (UAC) which was founded in 1931, is indeed the first and real lifesaver. If you are a Nigerian and spend a lot of time in traffic then you know why this brand is on the list. The brand gave us the first ready to go sausage – the idea was most likely to make an easily accessible snack on-the-go, but if you have ever been in Lagos traffic, once in your life then you understand the saving power thatn Gala has when hunger comes knocking at your stomach’s door. This is nNot to say the least that there are a lot ofno other similar brands in the market now, but Gala still remains the brand name for every single one of them. If you are in doubt, leave your house without eating, and then get affected by traffic and then see if you won’t be tempted to purchase a Gala or two. Don’t forget to come back to you would be back to say thank you.

Pepsi:

The product made its debut in to the Nigerian market in 1992 and you know for sure that this is just more than just a carbonated drink. The brand has found a way to waormed its way into the hearts of Nigerians and has continued to make innovative moves to grow brand its loyalty. Aside from creating the Pepsi lLongt Throat bottle, which gave Nigerians more content at a flat rate of ₦100 – the brand has a Football Academy that helps groom young Nigerian talents.

itel Mobile:

Founded in 2007, the brand has, over the years, created amazingly trendy devices that are affordable, quality, and reliable. Over the years, the The brand has also made it clear through its “Love Always On” CSR initiative several CSR activities “ LOVE ALWAYS ON” that it is more than a device maker and seller, but it really cares about the development and betterment of the Nigerian society beyond making smartphones for everyone. .
Also, in terms of devices, theThe brand has also been able to increase smartphone usage by providing, because functional smartphones are now available at an affordable rate. So, low -income earners can now enjoy premium smartphone features on their smartphone without breaking the bank.

Globacom

For all things right, this brand has made it on this list. Founded in 2003, when call rates were really on the high side, the brand came and gave Nigerians a new costing scheme that adjusted the operations of other telecommunication brands in the country.
It is safe to say that Glo broke the exploitation chain in Nigeria – with over 45 million subscribers, the brand was the first to build an $800 million worth high-capacity fiber-optic cables known as Glo 1 in 2011, which was submarined from the United Kingdom to Nigeria. Also, the brand has over 3,800 employees – increasing the chances of Nigerians for a better living.

Do you agree with our list? Mmake yours in the comment section below. ….

Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by Babalegba(m): 12:33am On Nov 02, 2019
You're wrong about Pepsi. I used to drink it around 1980

11 Likes

Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by Solsix(m): 2:05am On Nov 02, 2019
Op use your head

3 Likes

Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by Bixxbent(m): 10:11am On Nov 02, 2019
Listen is not all the answers you get from Google! Pepsi is true! I know! I've researched!! Okay

1 Like

Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by livebyday(m): 11:33am On Nov 02, 2019
What sort of nonsense fraudulent marketing is transsion trying these days ?

Is it because Nigerians don't buy their fake tecno , infinix and itel trash phones as they used to that this company is resorting to out right lies and twisting of history?

Itel is a fake Chinese phone company under transsion just like infinix and tecno they are under one company called Transsion

Their CEO is George Zhu from China

Their phones are so fake that the Chinese government doesn't allow transsion sell their phones in their own country because the phones use the cheapest substandard parts in their devices

So they come to poor countries like Nigeria where they bribe the standards organization staff to get approved to sell

Why do you think upon the whole mancity fake brand endorsement their logo was not even found in the Mancity website listed as a sponsoring brand?

Itel is not a Nigerian company it is a fake phone maker under transsion holdings , just like infinix and tecno . They are all one company

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by Babalegba(m): 11:39am On Nov 02, 2019
Bixxbent:
Listen is not all the answers you get from Google! Pepsi is true! I know! I've researched!! Okay
I didn't consult any Google, I was drinking Pepsi regularly in abeokuta ogun state circa 1980 before I travelled abroad. I remember it was much sweeter than Coca-Cola then and my friends used to tease me for my sweet tooth. You researched wrong

4 Likes

Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by Sabby1(m): 11:40am On Nov 02, 2019
UAC foods undoubtedly have massive Nigeria root especially with GALA, SWAN water, SUPREME ICE CREAM and FUNTIME CUPCAKE.

I think TECNO mobile have more Nigeria root than ITEL mobile. If not for TECNO mobile, probably an average Nigerian would rarely use Android phone due to the exorbitant prices and maybe I will still be using my Nokia Asha 210

2 Likes

Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by napoleon77(m): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
How does Pepsi have Nigerian roots when it was invented in the USA in 1893?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by napoleon77(m): 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
UAC was not founded in 1931 but in 1879!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by LOGOBELT: 2:06pm On Nov 02, 2019
shocked shocked what did you say??

Meanwhile, is your Laptop faulty? Let's fix it for you. Do you need Laptop Chargers/Adapter or Cables? We sell. Check my signature for contact

1 Like

Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by oodua1stson: 2:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nonsense
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by 1shortblackboy: 2:41pm On Nov 02, 2019
This is the post with the most false information I've ever seen on nairaland. Itel?........pfessse

2 Likes

Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by Donpiro: 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2019
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by kode12: 6:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
This OP is such a disgrace. When you said business with Nigerian roots I thought you actually understood what you were saying. So Pepsi and Itel have Nigerian roots. Post nonsense like this again and senior men, will collect that phone from you.

2 Likes

Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by bravesoul247(m): 8:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
Bixxbent:

Sometimes, you can’t help but wonder how a little child can mention the name of a brand off the top of their head or how some brand names have become the umbrella name for other products in their line.
If you are in doubt that there are brands that have localized themselves so well that Nigerians believe that life without these products would not be complete, h. Here are four brands and products that haveare of true Nigerian roots, and here is why:why I believe that they do;
UAC:

United Africa Company of Nigeria (UAC) which was founded in 1931, is indeed the first and real lifesaver. If you are a Nigerian and spend a lot of time in traffic then you know why this brand is on the list. The brand gave us the first ready to go sausage – the idea was most likely to make an easily accessible snack on-the-go, but if you have ever been in Lagos traffic, once in your life then you understand the saving power thatn Gala has when hunger comes knocking at your stomach’s door. This is nNot to say the least that there are a lot ofno other similar brands in the market now, but Gala still remains the brand name for every single one of them. If you are in doubt, leave your house without eating, and then get affected by traffic and then see if you won’t be tempted to purchase a Gala or two. Don’t forget to come back to you would be back to say thank you.

Pepsi:

The product made its debut in to the Nigerian market in 1992 and you know for sure that this is just more than just a carbonated drink. The brand has found a way to waormed its way into the hearts of Nigerians and has continued to make innovative moves to grow brand its loyalty. Aside from creating the Pepsi lLongt Throat bottle, which gave Nigerians more content at a flat rate of ₦100 – the brand has a Football Academy that helps groom young Nigerian talents.

itel Mobile:

Founded in 2007, the brand has, over the years, created amazingly trendy devices that are affordable, quality, and reliable. Over the years, the The brand has also made it clear through its “Love Always On” CSR initiative several CSR activities “ LOVE ALWAYS ON” that it is more than a device maker and seller, but it really cares about the development and betterment of the Nigerian society beyond making smartphones for everyone. .
Also, in terms of devices, theThe brand has also been able to increase smartphone usage by providing, because functional smartphones are now available at an affordable rate. So, low -income earners can now enjoy premium smartphone features on their smartphone without breaking the bank.

Globacom

For all things right, this brand has made it on this list. Founded in 2003, when call rates were really on the high side, the brand came and gave Nigerians a new costing scheme that adjusted the operations of other telecommunication brands in the country.
It is safe to say that Glo broke the exploitation chain in Nigeria – with over 45 million subscribers, the brand was the first to build an $800 million worth high-capacity fiber-optic cables known as Glo 1 in 2011, which was submarined from the United Kingdom to Nigeria. Also, the brand has over 3,800 employees – increasing the chances of Nigerians for a better living.

Pepsi and Itel should be taken out the list
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by careytommy37(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
Just negodu at baggage of lies seun and his mods move to the homepage
Nonsense and bubu angry
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by dipson4u08(m): 9:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
Bixxbent:

UAC:

Pepsi:

itel Mobile:

Globacom

this one is a lie oooooo shocked shocked
glo keh....
itel na big lie i never use am before,.....
only that gala part got me
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by chloride6: 10:46pm On Nov 02, 2019
Pepsi ?

Really?

Where is Dangote?

Where is GTB?

Where is Zenith?

1 Like

Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by edoairways: 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2019
livebyday:
What sort of nonsense fraudulent marketing is transsion trying these days ?

Is it because Nigerians don't buy their fake tecno , infinix and itel trash phones as they used to that this company is resorting to out right lies and twisting of history?

Itel is a fake Chinese phone company under transsion just like infinix and tecno they are under one company called Transsion

Their CEO is George Zhu from China

Their phones are so fake that the Chinese government doesn't allow transsion sell their phones in their own country because the phones use the cheapest substandard parts in their devices

So they come to poor countries like Nigeria where they bribe the standards organization staff to get approved to sell

Why do you think upon the whole mancity fake brand endorsement their logo was not even found in the Mancity website listed as a sponsoring brand?

Itel is not a Nigerian company it is a fake phone maker under transsion holdings , just like infinix and tecno . They are all one company
Unfortunately transsion holding company has come to stay. They are the market leader presently in Nigeria
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by edoairways: 11:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
The moderators should close this thread for false information.
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by livebyday(m): 1:04am On Nov 03, 2019
[s]
edoairways:

Unfortunately transsion holding company has come to stay. They are the market leader presently in Nigeria
[/s]

They where , but they aren't anymore

Sulking won't change the facts that numbers don't lie

Cheers
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by edoairways: 1:06am On Nov 03, 2019
livebyday:
[s][/s]

Cheers
They are and would be kiss the truth
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by edoairways: 1:08am On Nov 03, 2019
livebyday:
[s][/s]

Cheers
The reality on ground shows many Nigerians are not ready to give up
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by livebyday(m): 8:14am On Nov 03, 2019
edoairways:

The reality on ground shows many Nigerians are not ready to give up

Please stop quoting me

All your comments read like that of a sales rep , I work with facts, market share projections and numbers not "the reality in ground" as said by a sales rep .

You are wasting my time if I argue with you .

Have a great day

Cheers
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by livebyday(m): 8:14am On Nov 03, 2019
edoairways:

They are and would be kiss the truth

Don't quote me again

Cheers
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by edoairways: 8:47am On Nov 03, 2019
livebyday:

Please stop quoting me

All your comments read like that of a sales rep , I work with facts, market share projections and numbers not "the reality in ground" as said by a sales rep .

You are wasting my time if I argue with you .

Have a great day

Cheers
I work with fact too Mr sales person who is paid to demarket brands like they did to lacasera
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by livebyday(m): 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2019
edoairways:

I work with fact too Mr sales person who is paid to demarket brands like they did to lacasera

Lol

I hear you

Cheers
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by livebyday(m): 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2019
[s]
edoairways:

[/s]
Lol

I hear you

Cheers
Re: Four Brands That Have True Nigerian Roots by Bixxbent(m): 7:54am On Nov 09, 2019
Itel phones are just too awesome!
Try it out y'all

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These 4 Phones Should I Buy? / Convert All Java(.jar) Games And Apps To Andriod(.apk) / Infinix Hot S X521 Gaming Review (modern Combat, Pokemon Go And Others)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.