Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned (10291 Views)

#EndSARS: Ondo, Oyo, Ekiti Shut Down Schools / Federal Polytechnic Ado- Ekiti Shut Down Indefinitely Over Protests / Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by Cutefergieee: 6:49am On Nov 04, 2019
Violent protest: School authority shuts Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti, bans SUG

The Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti, has been shut on the orders of the authorities of the institution.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Students’ Union Government (SUG) has also been banned by management, with immediate effect.

The actions followed the violent protest staged on Friday by the students over alleged meddling of management in the affairs of the SUG, including alleged attempts to install its stooges as leaders of the students’ body during its election held on Thursday.

During the protest, the students had disrupted normal academic activities by blocking all the gates leading to the institution for hours, thereby hindering human and vehicular movement.

Some valuable facilities in the institution’s School of Engineering were also destroyed.

The institution’s Director of Protocol, Information and Public Relations, Mr Adeyemi Adejolu, in a statement issued in Ado Ekiti on Sunday, denied the students’ claims that authorities were interfering with the union’s affairs.

He also described as needless and unwarranted the violent protest by the students, saying their action was based on a mere rumour from unreliable sources, adding that management had nothing to gain from imposing candidates for students’ union election.

According to him, the decision to shut the polytechnic was arrived at during an emergency joint meeting of the Academic Board and Management Committee held on Saturday.

“The attention of the management of the Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti, has been drawn to insinuations suggesting that the students’ protest of Friday, Nov. 1, 2019, was caused by an alleged imposition of candidates in the students’ union elections, which held the previous day.

“For the avoidance of any doubt, it has never been in the tradition of the institution’s management to impose candidates under any guise in the electoral process of all unions at the polytechnic.

Also for over two decades now, students’ union electoral processes are run and conducted by the students themselves through their accredited representatives called APECO.

“The management only engages in monitoring the process by ensuring that the rules set for they set for themselves are strictly adhered to, under a well-secured atmosphere,” he said.

Adejolu said management was, therefore, surprised at the last unprovoked protest and unverified allegation of the imposition of candidate.

“Management has consequently affirmed that all students resident on campus should promptly vacate their accommodation on a week compulsory break,” he said.

The institution’s spokesman said that students would resume Nov. 10, adding that second-semester examination would commence on Nov. 12.

He also announced that embargo had been placed on students’ union activities with immediate effect.

Adejolu said that an 11-man committee had already been set up to look at the immediate and remote causes of the protest.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/management-shuts-ado-ekiti-federal-poly-proscribes-students-union/amp

1 Share

Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by Salvador1: 7:03am On Nov 04, 2019
That's why I love unizik

Hardly do you see any form of violence nor protest, cos they have put fear on students.
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by Freemanbobble: 7:04am On Nov 04, 2019
Too many protest in our tertiary institutions

Uniben own fit continue today
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:04am On Nov 04, 2019
Some valuable facilities in the institution’s School of Engineering were also destroyed.
This is the only issue we have with the present day students.
During our time in UNI, we don't go about destroying the school properties that the student benefit from.
That is crude.

They will still be the ones to pay for it......after everything.

Anyways, ALUTA CONTINUA.......

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by Zombiekiller010: 7:05am On Nov 04, 2019
post=83722995:
Okay
whats your shop address and phone number, i need your service for a birthday party

2 Likes

Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by montumonami(m): 7:06am On Nov 04, 2019
What these students that go about destroying school properties fail to know is that they will always be at the loosing end. No two ways about it.

1 Like

Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by chibu4u2(m): 7:06am On Nov 04, 2019
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by deepwater(f): 7:07am On Nov 04, 2019
Lol

1 Like

Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by engrkaz(m): 7:11am On Nov 04, 2019
It’s always been their practice to impose a yes man. I remember something similar happened in 2002 or thereabout. We were forced to pay 10k each for destroying then rector’s Peugeot 406 prestige. Poly Ado management can sabi fit interfere with sug electoral process.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by Pavarottii(m): 7:11am On Nov 04, 2019
Fayemi should come and speak phonetics for them...

1 Like

Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by Hez143(m): 7:13am On Nov 04, 2019
from ASSU and ippis,to students,SUG in all tertiary institutions, they sha want to show theirself
Every body is just mad in this country

1 Like

Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by MrVegina(m): 7:21am On Nov 04, 2019
[s]
post=83722995:

During our time in UNI, we don't go about destroying the school properties that the student benefit from.
That is crude.

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by OlawaleBammie: 7:22am On Nov 04, 2019
post=83722995:

That is crude.

I can bet my ball on it bro, the students didn't destroy anything, all those people calling demselves d management are liars, they meddle in d affairs of d sug and wouldn't allow dem hav any say thereby siphoning the fund and many of dem says they are pastors.

The tym I spent there was hell.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by Cutefergieee: 7:34am On Nov 04, 2019
Salvador1:
That's why I love unizik

Hardly do you see any form of violence nor protest, cos they have put fear on students.

Wen the a former rector was there,he did same at a point but the student union thing have a way of coming back
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by Cutefergieee: 7:35am On Nov 04, 2019
Freemanbobble:
Too many protest in our tertiary institutions

Uniben own fit continue today

Every body is angry somehow
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by Cutefergieee: 7:36am On Nov 04, 2019
engrkaz:
It’s always been their practice to impose a yes man. I remember something similar happened in 2002 or their about. We were forced to pay 10k each for destroying then rector’s Peugeot 406 prestige. Poly Ado management can sabi fit interfere with sug electoral process.

From a former student to another former student... The school always have a way of interfering in the students political process though
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:37am On Nov 04, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by Cutefergieee: 7:37am On Nov 04, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

I can bet my ball on it bro, the students didn't destroy anything, all those people calling demselves d management are liars, they meddle in d affairs of d sug and wouldn't allow dem hav any say thereby siphoning the fund and many of dem says they are pastors.

You are very correct.. They always have a way of upping their claims to justify the stewpeed reparation fee to be collected later

1 Like

Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by Cutefergieee: 7:37am On Nov 04, 2019
Pavarottii:
Fayemi should come and speak phonetics for them...

Oshey

Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by Cutefergieee: 7:39am On Nov 04, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by Passionate888: 7:48am On Nov 04, 2019
Fayemi sef grin
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by naijacentric(m): 7:54am On Nov 04, 2019
Its sad all these yeye news coming from our ivory towers daily
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by LOGOBELT: 7:56am On Nov 04, 2019
I heard its up on sales on JIJI grin

Meanwhile, is your Laptop faulty? Let's fix it for you. Do you need Laptop Chargers/Adapter or Cables? We sell. Check my signature for contact
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by quizpaid(f): 8:03am On Nov 04, 2019
I don't think protest is only way to show your pains
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by OlawaleBammie: 8:08am On Nov 04, 2019
Cutefergieee:

You are very correct.. They always have a way of upping their claims to justify the stewpeed reparation fee to be collected later

I know their tactics na, I graduated from there both ND and HND. If I should have my way d school would hav either momentarily or permanently stopped operating by now.

Too much parasites in d system. But Wat am sure of is dat d student might not destroy anything, those pastors putting the waistband of a trouser on a navel are bunch of liars.
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by OlawaleBammie: 8:10am On Nov 04, 2019
quizpaid:

Soo how can student make their discontent known oo, filing a case against the management in d court of law or folding of arms??

OR ARRANGING A PTA MEETING?

1 Like

Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by MichaelUweh(m): 8:23am On Nov 04, 2019
If you weren't SUG official in your school days, you don't need to comments on this issue. School management's are very corrupt ; I am talking from experience, a super SUG official for that matter.
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by tspouse(m): 9:30am On Nov 04, 2019
LOGOBELT:
I heard its up on sales on JIJI grin

Meanwhile, is your Laptop faulty? Let's fix it for you. Do you need Laptop Chargers/Adapter or Cables? We sell. Check my signature for contact
na EKSU be that not fed poly
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by tspouse(m): 9:31am On Nov 04, 2019
quizpaid:
so tell me the other way
Re: Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned by wajaja: 9:56am On Nov 04, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

U knw them very well...they can claim pastor in that state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OOU Expelled A Kidnapper For Failure To Pay Fees / GEJ - 100 Top Student Brains To Be Given Scholarships / Uniben Post Ume Result Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.