Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ (2056 Views)

Please Help Me In Making A Decision Turkey Or Egypt / I Just Got My Visa To Dubai.. Please I Need Advise / Australia Or Dubai, Please I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by teamd: 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hello my people I work from home has a 3d animator I made around $1000-$1500 monthly on fiverr/upwork, Am always online 24hrs about 60% of my income goes on large data subscription and buying diesel to my generator.
Have been planning to move out of Nigeria by next January, pls which country is OK for freelance to settle down between turkey or Dubai

Pls ur comment is highly waiting my pple thanks

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by Xavi2019: 1:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
@OP can you share some resources?
I'll love to learn.
Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
teamd:
Hello my people I work from home has a 3d animator I made around $1000-$1500 monthly on fiverr/upwork, Am always online 24hrs about 60% of my income goes on large data subscription and buying diesel to my generator.
Have been planning to move out of Nigeria by next January, pls which country is OK for freelance to settle down between turkey or Dubai

What happened to using Solar?

Or relocating to areas with good power supply.

Anyway, Vietnam, Mauritius, Seychelles are all Visa free and cheap to live in. Dubai is super expensive. I have little knowledge of Turkey.

Check cost of living here: https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Turkey

Judging by your info, $1,500 is around 500k, so you are telling me you spend around 250k on Generator and Internet?

We both know thats a lie, at least for the record.

5 Likes

Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by manneger2: 8:23pm On Nov 04, 2019
Op I live in Dubai, is fucking expensive monthly house rent goes from 2000aed and above in Dubai and u can get lesser in other city, internet is ok Shah, DEWA (Electricity) is on the high side, stay in Nigeria and earn a free tax money, no tax in Dubai but is too expensive, turkey pay tax
Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by stagger: 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
themaestro08:
Don't sugar coat things man. If you are in touch with current events you would have learned that the Turkish economy is struggling at the moment with no ease in sight. However unemployment is high at last I checked 14%...

I will personally advice op to choose Dubai for obvious reasons.

Dumbest advice ever.

The freelance license in Dubai costs $7,500 per annum. You are tied to work in the region where the sponsoring agency is located. Then you have to pay for accommodation, transportation, etc. Where will his $1,500 a month take him?

7 Likes

Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by Suspectzero(m): 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
themaestro08:
Don't sugar coat things man. If you are in touch with current events you would have learned that the Turkish economy is struggling at the moment with no ease in sight. However unemployment is high at last I checked 14%...

I will personally advice op to choose Dubai for obvious reasons.

Unemployment figures obviously don't pertain to him since he finds his work on the web which is not location restricted.
All he needs is a nice base to work from in order to enjoy a better standard of living.
Dubai is quite expensive as explained above and far more discriminating.
OP would be wise to choose Turkey. He can visit Dubai on vacation.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by Jamestown123: 11:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
This OP self. If u want to travel out just trave, and stop using diesel and data as excuse.U can pay 10k or less for an unlimited data with some WiFi company. Go and live in Lekki.

3 Likes

Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by nams77: 4:20am On Nov 05, 2019
I don't want to believe u spend that much on subscription and data

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by dake40(m): 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
teamd:

Im a freelancer and work on Fiverr too... Also had the idea of leaving 9ja because of the poor internet and electricity until I got myself an Inverter with solar panel and changed my location...

As I'm typing this, I'm charging my appliances and also collecting cool breeze...

Just go for inverter bro and move to a better area with good internet. I'm convinced you'd change the notion of even thinking of travelling out due to the reasons you have given

1 Like

Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by AdeTolu29: 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
Las Las abroad na abroad Op I will advise you to travel....

Turkey is Ok for me....I have that as an option and am also looking at Vietnam

These two places are cheap and ok for what you also mentioned...

BTW I just opened a thread I really need invitation letter to Vietnam abeg anybody with info please holla me thanks all
Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by themaestro08(m): 5:54am On Nov 06, 2019
stagger:

Dumbest advice ever.

The freelance license in Dubai costs $7,500 per annum. You are tied to work in the region where the sponsoring agency is located. Then you have to pay for accommodation, transportation, etc. Where will his $1,500 a month take him?
you fail to realize that a struggling economy affects everyone regardless of profession. As far as am concerned this guy will be better off in Dubai than turkey, simply because of the booming economy there.

And who told you freelance license is free in turkey?

You mentioned accommodation and transport? Does he get that free in turkey? Aren't you sounding dumb?

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by Ugosample(m): 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
teamd:

move to either Ghana or ivory coast

You will not regret it

that income is more than enough for you to live just good
Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by Investmentfreak: 10:52am On Nov 07, 2019
Ugosample:

move to either Ghana or ivory coast

You will not regret it

that income is more than enough for you to live just good

Ugo sample is it wise to move to Ivory Coast with 500-600k?
Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by Aaronsrod: 7:54pm On Nov 07, 2019
I wish to marry a rich Muslim woman from this countries.
Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by AdeTolu29: 9:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
Aaronsrod:
I wish to marry a rich Muslim woman from this countries.

Bros hustle oooo

4 Likes

Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by WIZGUY69(m): 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
teamd:

Boss!

I want to make some enquires from you, can you drop your contact? Or mine is on my signature.

Thank you
Re: Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ by evergreen9: 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2019
[ quote author=manneger2 post=83743884]Op I live in Dubai, is fucking expensive monthly house rent goes from 2000aed and above in Dubai and u can get lesser in other city, internet is ok Shah, DEWA (Electricity) is on the high side, stay in Nigeria and earn a free tax money, no tax in Dubai but is too expensive, turkey pay tax[/quote]

Nigerians dey craze I swear grin

(1) (Reply)

Places To Shop In Italy / Retro Photos From The Golden Age Of Air Travel. / On My Way To Iseyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.