Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts (54993 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji's Movie "Lionheart" Sold For N150 In Traffic / Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter / Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by Abeos(m): 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
Rules are rules but why nominate in the first place?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by Olodo24: 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
Abeos:
Rules are rules but why nominate in the first place?
na wa o. Oscar nominations aren't even out and won't be till January. Educate yourself, please
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by gforce5: 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
Confirmedzombie:
This old cargo is a broke ugly olosho. No wonder at such age she is still single.
Husband snatcher

You are sick and you don't realize it. Every successful woman is an olosho? What does her marital status have to do with the topic? You lots believe that life begins and ends with marriage. That "Olosho" can buy your whole lineage 20 times over.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by peeps4u: 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
hollowpot15684:

There are different categories of contributors on forums like Nairaland.

There are some who would give opinions about the topic and there are some who would give opinion that expands the topic.

Obviously i only make an expansive contribution that deviate attention to the fact that King of Boys would stand a better chance to perform better at any International recognition than Lionheart.

OSCAR or Not, there are worthwhile movies that are better than Lionheart. wink

And you should know that this is my opinion.

As far as you are concerned, that may not be the point of this topic, but as far as i'm concerned that is a take home point for you and every other person who saw my comment.

My advise to you is, learn to communicate properly without been provoked especially in conversations like this one where provocation is not really needed.

That is what communicators refer to as 'Absence of Emotional Intelligence'.

I hope i am communicating to somebody? angry

You've communicated well sir
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by litetias(m): 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by Festus1010: 1:35pm On Nov 05, 2019
Gbe body eee
No matter what happens racism would never end on planet
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by sholay2011(m): 1:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
Olodo24:
They should have submitted Kunle Afolayan's Mokalik. Lionheart had predominantly English dialogues. Genevieve herself barely spoke Igbo there
This. This!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by mine85(m): 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
Threebear:
I love Genevieve but to be honest , that movie was mediocre .

Place it side by side with other movies submitted for best foreign language and it looks extremely bland .

Having 500 plus languages is no excuse .

The requirement for the category has always been clear ....best FOREIGN language .

No need to sensationalize and act pitiable .

A lot of countries are multi lingual but still manage to showcase their cultures and primary language.

So which one is nigeria primary language...or they should speak 3 language in one film?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by Pinkie2018(f): 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
Confirmedzombie:
This old cargo is a broke ugly olosho. No wonder at such age she is still single.
Husband snatcher
she looks way younger than her 40 years. She's work over 2billion. So stop spite and jealousy

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by ajl: 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2019
What about a movie in Igbo with english subtitle? Won't that make sense. I really dont give a damn about their oscar anyway. It's not for us. It's still part of the culture of domination because you go to them to seek validation.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by Abeos(m): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2019
Olodo24:
na wa o. Oscar nominations aren't even out and won't be till January. Educate yourself, please
Why did the Nigeria Oscar community nominate the movie,
https://www.pulse.ng/bi/lifestyle/lionheart-meet-nigerias-first-representative-at-the-oscars/q8m4h7c

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by Akiika: 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
Best defence:
"To @TheAcademy, You disqualified Nigeria’s first-ever submission for Best International Feature because its in English. But English is the official language of Nigeria. Are you barring this country from ever competing for an Oscar in its official language?"
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by Legendguru: 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by Seunpaul01(m): 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
Omotaday:
Mokaliki, i no feel that one.

U should see it. Then tell me if u feel it or not.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by Jonovo98: 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
Some Nigerians will be like,hold your award and give me the money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by Omotaday(m): 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
Seunpaul01:

U should see it. Then tell me if u feel it or not.
I did watch it.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by tintingz(m): 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
Chubhie:
Kunle Afolayan's The Figurine would've been a perfect fit.
The Figurine had good storyline but poorly acted, it's like I'm watching kids movies.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by Fantazy(m): 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
I need to watch that film!
Pls where can I download it
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by tillaman(m): 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
tintingz:
The Figurine had good storyline but poorly acted, [/b]it's like I'm watching kids movies[b].
the movie started getting annoying when his asthma came back and when he started his killing spree, Maybe it’s me sha I really felt some characters aren’t apt for some of the actors
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by sholay2011(m): 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
tintingz:
The Figurine had good storyline but poorly acted, it's like I'm watching kids movies.
Lmao...nope.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by tintingz(m): 11:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
sholay2011:

Lmao...nope.

Watch it again and see how they are acting like amateurs, i watch movies a lot, The Figurine is not even close to best acting.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by tintingz(m): 11:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
tillaman:
the movie started getting annoying when his asthma came back and when he started his killing spree, Maybe it’s me sha I really felt some characters aren’t apt for some of the actors

Exactly, some part of the movie are unnecessary, like the part where the kid try to climb the balcony and fell, most kids(if not all) are scared of height, it's unlikely for a kid to do that in real life, they should have found another way to kill the kid in the movie.

I know the kid arc love superheroes but kids don't climb balconies.

And Ramsey Nouah arc was poorly develop, I know they are trying to portray a nerdy guy who's obsessed with a girl.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by tillaman(m): 12:00am On Nov 06, 2019
tintingz:

Exactly, some part of the movie are unnecessary, like the part where the kid try to climb the balcony and fell, most kids(if not all) are scared of height, it's unlikely for a kid to that in real life, they should have found another way to kill the kid in the movie.

I know the kid arc love superheroes but kids don't climb balconies.

And[b][/b] Ramsey Nouah [b][/b]arc was poorly develop, I know they are trying to portray a nerdy guy who's obsessed with a girl.
i was actually referring to him, no one can possibly say it better, spot on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by SenecaTheYonger: 7:34am On Nov 06, 2019
SolarRen:

Netnaija has it

Can you check if you can get to the download page on Netnaija? Or am i the only one having this issue
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by SolarRen(m): 8:59am On Nov 06, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

Can you check if you can get to the download page on Netnaija? Or am i the only one having this issue

https://www.downloadbetter.com/aXPiWQIgP03/king-of-boys-2018-netnaija-com-mp4.html
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by SenecaTheYonger: 9:04am On Nov 06, 2019
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by MissJoy29(f): 11:12am On Nov 06, 2019
Why are people saying it was nominated? It wasn't! Rather it was SUBMITTED. They're two different words.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts by creepsyme(f): 12:36pm On Nov 06, 2019
Confirmedzombie:

In the resurrection power of Jesus christ, I rebuke you now and forever more.

Thou lion of the tribe of judah, consume you now in the mighty name of Jesus
Amen
Oh yea! So you hate negative words? And you spewn it out to people? Do as you will like others to do unto you! Now you are rejecting it and crying up and down with the power and the blood of Jesus. Do the right thing and the right thing will come to you. All you need do, is to rebuke yourself and not me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV / BBNaija: Isilomo And Avala Evicted / BBNaija: Praise Evicted From Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.