Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,790 members, 7,844,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

My Daughter Has Hair Lice. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Daughter Has Hair Lice. (66509 Views)

Hair Lice / 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair / Ayomikun Juliana: Corper Dies After Applying Sniper to Her Hair To kill Lice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by grandstar(m): 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
Swiftest solution is gorimapa. All lice will disappear ASAP

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Erastuslove: 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
You will have to shave the hair clean, in the village you can use camphor and spirit

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by webngnews: 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
Oh
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
Dear Poster...

I recently fell victim to head louse.

Fact is, head louse thrives on clean hair, so don't suppose you haven't been taking proper care of your daughter's hair.

I melted two balls of camphor in olive oil, let it hit properly for a few mins on fire. Then applied it generously thru out my hair after it got cool. Then I covered with a shower cap for about an hour plus. Used my hair dryer to kill off the remnants and rinsed out after wards.

Then I dried the hair again under high heat and went to the salon to flat iron.

This was about a mobth ago.

And pls do not cut off her hair, no need for that.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 05, 2019
Just shave her hair na afterall na black head/hair she get and problem solved.
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by davillian(m): 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2019
Adenle041:
Though I do not have solution to the lice problem in the hair, but I strongly advice not to use insecticides because the insecticide will get into the blood stream. I once applied insecticide on my dog body why I notice lice. The dog got killed through that.
Dogs lick liquids on them .
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by amarulabae(f): 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
cut off the hair and be applying vista cream. tested and trusted
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by mechanics(m): 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
For your son's head, you should be using spirit to treat his hair and also get him a personal clipper.
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by YeyeGirl(f): 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
Lemme tell u.... Relax her hair, then barb it d next day..... Cos relaxing it doesn't help.... Pls and pls don't make use of Sniper or any insecticide.... It would kill her.... All d best...
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Lucas4903: 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
midehi2:
The house/environment is dirty

You just comment for the sake of commenting. So everyone who lives in a slum has lice. You must be dreaming. America and Canada have one major problem which is bedbug. Even the neatest oyinbo have it in their homes. But in Nigeria, the likes of you and Ur cohorts will believe only dirty people should have bedbugs. #pleaseSeekKnowledgeAndGetSchooled

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by subcbouy: 6:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
Good one! So many doctor who on here.
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by subcbouy: 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
davillian:
Dogs lick liquids on them .
No, it penetrates the scalp
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by sugarcoatted(f): 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2019
I had same issue sometime last year. This is what i did.

Apply olive oil to the hair, plenty olive oil. Then wrap the hair tightly over night. Use Nit comb to comb every single strand (nit comb is quite painful). Then wash

Repeat same every 2-3 days for about 2weeks.
Most importanly, wash the bedsheet she sleeps in and anyother thing that gets in contact with the hair daily so it doesnt spread to other people.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by prettysom(f): 6:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
It happened to me earlier this year and I had to cut my hair to the lowest. It became unbearable as the itching was discomforting and I observed it on my 8 months old baby's hair then who has always itching and crying. Afterwards, I cleaned my house with hypo, changed my beddings. That was how it disappeared.
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by NeoGabino(f): 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
This is exactly what i did when we got it recently.
Someone new came into the house and brought it unknown to me. My toddler got it, transferred to me and me to my husband.

I was devastated- i didn't want to cut nor relax my hair now my baby's hair but i saw a youtube video that suggested this. But i did it morning and night o! Gosh it is a horrible experience seeing living things on your hair. Within 1 week we were free! But i think i had PTSD for 3 more weeks lol. T trauma of those living things on my head was palpable.
sugarcoatted:
I had same issue sometime last year. This is what i did.

Apply olive oil to the hair, plenty olive oil. Then wrap the hair tightly over night. Use Nit comb to comb every single strand (nit comb is quite painful). Then wash

Repeat same every 2-3 days for about 2weeks.
Most importanly, wash the bedsheet she sleeps in and anyother thing that gets in contact with the hair daily so it doesnt spread to other people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by IMASTEX: 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
Crystalclara:

My son had. I imported a certain lice treatment. I can send you the name via DM, If you care. The major issue was even my wife. She had maintained a virgin hair. Her hair got infested via the salon, from which she transferred to my son. Who also had a virgin hair as an infant. So, I would advise the entire house to be sanitized. Everyone keeping bush hair should get hair treatment as well. Else, it will just keep been transferred from one person to another. Especially, when the very tinny eggs are there to hatch out. Then watch where you guys get salon services.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by midnighter(f): 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
IMASTEX:
My son had. I imported a certain lice treatment. I can send you the t.

From a salon? Crazy

This thread is making me itch

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by IMASTEX: 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2019
midnighter:

From a salon? Crazy
Yeah. Some of those guys could be very careless at times. Funny enough, those things are so tinny, even the eggs are almost invisible to the eyes. This makes it very unnoticeable for transfer. Just simple weaving for a nursing mother oh. And she came home with lice. I could imagine the discomfort my innocent baby went through because of that. She had to put a ban on that salon. Bought her things for hair making. So we simply get home service.
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by obillyj(f): 8:32pm On Nov 05, 2019
Talking from experience. My youngest sister treated it just last month. She went to salon for hair wash only for the stylist to tell her that she got lice. Mind you, her hair has being itching her badly.
The stylist told her to buy camphor, grind it and apply it to her hair. She did n the whole thing died off including the eggs.
The stylist advised that ladies should go to d salon with their hair items including combs. Lice is easily transfered by using contaminated combs n it's much now especially those with virgin hair.
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by danny34(m): 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2019
Crystalclara:
Good day everyone.

Please, my daughter has been itching her hair for some days. I just got to find out she has hair lice and it has been transferred to her brother. Her hair is neatly cared for so I wonder how she got in contact with this.
I was advised to use insecticide on her hair or use relaxer since it's a virgin hair.
Has anyone ever experience this?
How did you go about it.

Please I need your suggestions to get rid of this thing completely.

According to my kid sister, she had a friend apply abonik balm to her hair the way they apply relaxer. Sher carried it for 2 days and had to wash and comb it. As she was combing, she was seeing the dried stuffs falling of.

Don't know if it will work for you
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by midnighter(f): 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2019
IMASTEX:

Yeah. Some of those guys could be very careless at times. Funny enough, those things are so tinny, even the eggs are almost invisible to the eyes. This makes it very unnoticeable for transfer. Just simple weaving for a nursing mother oh. And she came home with lice. I could imagine the discomfort my innocent baby went through because of that. She had to put a ban on that salon. Bought her things for hair making. So we simply get home service.

Hm. Thank God o

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by frikpus: 10:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
Crush camphor and apply onto her hair. Let she tie a scarf and afterwards, wash with a warn lime water and shampoo that has enough menthol in it. Thank me later
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
Ginaz:
What are the symptoms of hair lice in your hair if I may ask? sad
Itching,serious one

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by MariaAngeles: 10:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
I get goosebumps just by reading the comments here undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Shalommy(f): 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2019
Blood of Jacob, so lice still dey dis country?. I've never seen that thing to know how it looks like. Hmmm
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by shegzydave(m): 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2019
Please I beg you in the name of God, if you don't wanna loose your daughter, don't use insecticide, it is on this nairaland I read that a lady use insecticide on her hair and she pass away.....please don't use insecticide oooo

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by shegzydave(m): 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
Go and look for black soap, use new blade to scratch the spotted area of the lice and apply the black soap
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by Crystalclara(f): 1:46am On Nov 06, 2019
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate this forum.
Before I got back home, hubby had already done wonders by applying insecticide. cry cry cry

Now, I'm scared even though my daughter is strong.
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by nadiq1: 7:32am On Nov 06, 2019
Permethrin is the best if you can find it over there. Wash hair with salt and vinegar to suffocate and remove the nits.
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 8:49am On Nov 06, 2019
My niece had lice and even tho it can be eradicated without cutting the hair, the less tedious and best solution for me is to cut the hair. Cutting it make it easier to wash with warm water and salt, comb out the eggs and monitor.

She’s lice free now.

Crystalclara:
Good day everyone.

Please, my daughter has been itching her hair for some days. I just got to find out she has hair lice and it has been transferred to her brother. Her hair is neatly cared for so I wonder how she got in contact with this.
I was advised to use insecticide on her hair or use relaxer since it's a virgin hair.
Has anyone ever experience this?
How did you go about it.

Please I need your suggestions to get rid of this thing completely.
Re: My Daughter Has Hair Lice. by anuoluwasam(m): 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3mIvVi5MgY

follow us on youtube @livinghealth tv

follow more health videos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Surgery Gone Wrong: Dr Anu Gave Me An Infection - Lady Cries Out (Graphic Photo) / Nigerian 'Coutinho' Slumps, Dies While Playing Football, Buried (Disturbing Pix) / Prostitute In Congo Uses Nylon As Condom For Protection Against HIV/AIDS (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.