Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Esso Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Esso Scholarship (4039 Views)

2013 NNPC / ESSO International Postgraduate Scholarship Awards / Esso Postgraduate Scholarship 2008 / Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Esso Scholarship by R4J(m): 6:26pm On May 22, 2007
Hi people. Mobil has advertised its Esso Scholarship award for this year. These are the essential requirements:

1. Must be a grad from a Nigerian University with relevant degree (B.Eng in Chem Eng., Mechanical or Elect Eng) or B.Sc Geology/Geophysics)

2. Bachelor's degree with 2.1 min in any of the Engineering discipline and Geoscience.

3. NYSC discharge cert or exemption certificate. Those completing NYSC by Sept 2007 may also apply.

4. Must have provisional admission/accomodation into a reputable university in the US, UK or Canada only.

N.B.  Adhere strictly to one-row excel spreadsheet format pls.

send to upstreamtrainingnigeria@exxonmobil.com

Deadline: Friday, June 8 2007.

The excel format is attached, otherwise look for the Gurdian Newspaper of Teusday, 22nd May 2007. It's on page 55. Chers all.

Re: Esso Scholarship by ermish: 7:02pm On May 22, 2007
Nice one r4j. Good looking out. Hope u and every1 else out there gets their shot at it. Pls i thought the scholarship was for all disciplines (including petroleum and civil) coz u posted chem, elect and mech. Abeg let me know. Thanks a million.
Re: Esso Scholarship by anifel20(m): 5:35pm On May 23, 2007
good job my dear, it is nice haviing some1 like you on this forum. God bless you
Re: Esso Scholarship by anifel20(m): 6:02pm On May 23, 2007
I just applied, i should have asked if there is any written application to be added.
Re: Esso Scholarship by anifel20(m): 6:04pm On May 23, 2007
hey pls check the email address for any error as the mail just bounced back now. Pls treat as urgent. Thank you.
Re: Esso Scholarship by R4J(m): 9:49pm On May 23, 2007
Petroleum & Civil are OK, but ur Master's course has to be among the listed ones: Pet; Chem; Mech; Elect and Geosciences.

P.S.
the email address is good, I used it. Good luck all.
Re: Esso Scholarship by R4J(m): 9:50pm On May 23, 2007
Petroleum & Civil are OK, but ur Master's course has to be among the listed ones: Pet; Chem; Mech; Elect and Geosciences.

P.S.
Re: Esso Scholarship by R4J(m): 9:51pm On May 23, 2007

P.S.
Re: Esso Scholarship by REMIS(m): 11:16pm On May 23, 2007
I HAVE TO USE THIS MEDIUM TO THANK RJ4 FOR THE ESSO INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD INFORMATION HE POSTED.
PLEASE LET ME MAKE THE NECESSARY CORRECTIONS FOR THE POSTING.
1 PETROLEUM ENGINEERING IS INCLUDED.
2 EMAIL ADDRESS IS:upstreamnigeriatraining@exxonmobil.com.

THE AWARD APPLIES TO TUITION,BOOKS,ACCOMMODATION AND FEEDING EXPENSES FOR THE DURATION OF THE SELECTED COURSE OF STUDY INCLUDING AIR FARE TO AND FROM THE LOCATION OF STUDY.
NOTE:INVITED CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO SIT FOR SKILL TEST.
ONCE MORE,RJ4 THANKS A MILLION FOR THE INFO ESPECIALLY AS YOU ATTACHED THE EXCEL SPREADSHEET WHICH SHOULD BE A 1-FORMAT.
Re: Esso Scholarship by jagalo(m): 12:03am On May 24, 2007
pls fellow landers, I have not secured any provisional addmission in any university abroad, can i still apply for the scholarship inview of getting the addmission later?

thanks your suggestions will be highly appreciated. wink

jagalo
Re: Esso Scholarship by REMIS(m): 2:58am On May 24, 2007
jagalo, i don't know how you are going to apply because you have to indicate the university that offered you admission and course of study in the spreadsheat.but my honest advice to you is look for one uk university and apply which you are going to use infilling the spreadsheet.please tell me the course you studied at first degree and i will assist you in applying.
Re: Esso Scholarship by orjigga1: 9:32am On May 24, 2007
@ REMIS

tnx there, wont mind ur assistance. i studied elect / elect 1st degree
n wil be glad u assist me in securin a UK admission. i'l appreciate so much.
i dun realy knw hw 2 go 'bout it. tnx in anticipation smiley
Re: Esso Scholarship by eseclem: 9:32am On May 24, 2007
REMIS, pls i have the same problem as jagalo . i dont have a provisional admission yet.
i read GEOLOGY from UNIBEN, i will really appreciate ur help. i dont want 2 lose this opportuinity. in case u need my email, its eseclem@yahoo.com
Re: Esso Scholarship by timx(m): 10:00am On May 24, 2007
Hi, a big thank u 4 the info. we really appreciate it. i got a problem with the address though, it just aint going. would like to know if the address is correct. pls do give us a fit back. Thanks
Re: Esso Scholarship by eezy: 12:09pm On May 24, 2007
thanx alot r4j . u've a great tin and great tins will mos def come ur way. but i think u made a mistake with the email addy. cos mine bounced back. thanx also to u remis cos u made a whole lot of corrections.

pls i'd like to know the kind of books one can read to prepare for the test if called up? PLS can kindly post it on nairaland so that everyone can see. thanu all wink
Re: Esso Scholarship by loparino: 1:47pm On May 24, 2007
The email address is uptresmnigeriatraining@exxonmobil.com and not upstreamtrainingnigeria@exxonmobil.com.
Take careful note of the order of the conjunction of uptream and nigeria in the email address, please landers.
Godspeed!
Re: Esso Scholarship by daluoa(m): 2:51pm On May 24, 2007
GOODDAY EVERYONE,

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SOME CLARIFICATIONS BASED ON ENQUIRIES MADE:

1. ON THE ISSUE OF NOT HAVING ADMISSION

*MY EXPERIENCE FROM LAST YEAR SHOWS THAT YOU WOULD BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT YOUR LETTER OF OFFER OF ADMISSION BEFORE YOU WOULD BE ADMITTED INTO THE TEST VENUE. THEREFORE IF YOU DO NOT PRESENT YOUR LETTER YOU WONT WRITE THE TEST, ALSO IMPLYING A WASTE OF RESOURCES ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE COMING FROM OUTSIDE LAGOS.

2. ON THE ISSUE OF NOT MISSING THIS OPPORTUNITY

*EXPERIENCE ALSO SHOWS THAT THIS IS A YEARLY PROGRAM. THEREFORE IT WOULD BE ADVISABLE FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE ADMISSION YET, TO USE THIS TIME TO PREPARE FOR NEXT YEARS AWARD BY APPLYING AND SECURING ADMISSION IN ANY OF THE UNIVERSITIES IN THE U.K, US OR CANADA.

NOTE THAT APPLYING NOW FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP WITHOUT SECURING ADMISSION WOULD JEOPARDIZE YOUR CHANCES WHEN YOU EVENTUALLY WANT TO APPLY NEXT TIME.

FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES CALL ME ON 08030884750 (UCHE)
eseclem:

REMIS, please i have the same problem as jagalo . i don't have a provisional admission yet.
i read GEOLOGY from UNIBEN, i will really appreciate your help. i don't want 2 lose this opportuinity. in case u need my email, its eseclem@yahoo.com
orjigga1:

@ REMIS

tnx there, wont mind your assistance. i studied elect / elect 1st degree
n wil be glad u assist me in securin a UK admission. i'l appreciate so much.
i dun realy knw hw 2 go 'bout it. tnx in anticipation smiley
jagalo:

please fellow landers, I have not secured any provisional addmission in any university abroad, can i still apply for the scholarship inview of getting the addmission later?

thanks your suggestions will be highly appreciated. wink

jagalo
Re: Esso Scholarship by Einstein(m): 4:57pm On May 24, 2007
Hi guys, this is really a big nut to crack. Could someone tell me how the NYSC discharge certificate number differs from the call-up number? I would round off September, 2007. What do I fill in as my , number?
Re: Esso Scholarship by REZIGIRL(f): 11:55am On May 25, 2007
Hello Everyone,

It's a good forum. I'm quite new here. But then R4J can u tell me what else is required for the esso scholarship? Do I need to attach my credentials apart frm the excel cv u attached. Haven't seen the paper yet.

Cheers
Re: Esso Scholarship by R4J(m): 7:11pm On May 26, 2007
Nothing more than the details necessary for the Excel sheet are necessary. The rest is up to them and God. Wish you all the best.

P.S.
So sorry for the mistake in the email. I was in a rush. REMIS thanks for correcting my errors.
Re: Esso Scholarship by Einstein(m): 7:28pm On May 26, 2007
RJ4,

You've done a pretty good work posting this information for everyone. Do you have the slightest idea about what a guy who's going to complete his NYSC programme by Aug/Sept, 2007 could fill in the space alloted for discharge certificate number?

(1) (Reply)

About Etf Scholarship / Graduate Management Trainee Of Cadbury Nigeria Plc. / What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.