Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,444 members, 7,861,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:35 AM

Tooth Filling Broke Twice In One Year - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tooth Filling Broke Twice In One Year (636 Views)

Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) / Celebrating One Year Of Abstinence From Sugary Drinks / Tooth Decay And Cavities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tooth Filling Broke Twice In One Year by Emmy2009(m): 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hey guys. Please I need replies from the dentists in the house.
I've filled my tooth (a lower molar) twice this year already with the white filling and it cracks mostly a few months after the procedure. Im writing this now because I'm in pain anytime I chew with it.
Mind you. I did a scan 2 months ago and the cavity hasn't gotten up to the root yet. Atleast thats what my dentist said. Anyway I was eating garri on both occassions when the tooth filling cracked because the grain of the garri seems to press down on the filling and put a hole in it.
I'm thinking of doing a refill this weekend or next week but I'm not sure if I should reuse the white filling again or go for the silver amalgam one which I read online is very strong. I also do not have the money for a crown and am also a bit worried because I heard the more a tooth is worked on the more there's a chance for it to be ruined for life. I moved to Lagos last month and I live in Iju but I'm willing to visit any Dentist that can help and do a good job even if he's on the island . Please I need advice on what to do next and if I should worry. This is the third time I'm filling this tooth and by the way I've quit eating garri for LIFE.
Re: Tooth Filling Broke Twice In One Year by Minjim: 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
Go to any General Hospital. This time, use the silver filling. I've been carrying one for over 10 years now. The thing is cracked but the filling is still there. I planned to refill it by January because I don't feel any pain from it at all.
Try your best to maintain the best oral hygiene. I usually use Oral toothpaste. That's an advice from a dentist. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Tooth Filling Broke Twice In One Year by Malik1338(m): 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2019
an extraction is the best option

(1) (Reply)

M / BREAKING: President Buhari’s Daughter On Self-isolation After UK Trip / Vaccine:google Honors Dame Jean Macnamara For Finding A Vaccine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.