Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,281 members, 7,846,284 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Car On Acceleration On Drive - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car On Acceleration On Drive (1031 Views)

Honda Accord (EOD)2005 Gear Disengage While Still On Drive / Solution to Rattling Noise On Acceleration On Toyota / Rattling Sound On Acceleration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car On Acceleration On Drive by malawi14(m): 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2019
Pls fam,I need your advice and experience on this issue.

My car (Nissan Altima 09 2.5 series automatic)as been packed for close to 1 month,most night I come around to warm it and make sure the battery is still active.

Yesterday as I was driving down to iyano iba,I noticed the vehicle was no longer accelerating on drive,I meant d normal movement wen d car is on drive,wen I release my leg from the acceleration pad it looks as if I pushed dwn the break pad,so I forced it and it kept on dragging Nd was close to igando,wen I smelt smoke I had to pull over...lo and behold fire was under the vehicle,the break stirring was red...thank God for the mfm Kirk close by,de came and help put out the fire...long story short....I changed both the pads at d front,Nd I tested the vehicle it was ok.

As I left the mechanic,I noticed on drive the car was accelerating on its own,I had to use break to control the car to iyano iba Nd back to Agege without accelerating....pls I need Ur advice what exactly is wrong with my car...Ur suggest r welcomed pls
Re: Car On Acceleration On Drive by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
Scan for possible error codes.

1 Like

Re: Car On Acceleration On Drive by malawi14(m): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2019
Thanks
Re: Car On Acceleration On Drive by sultaan(m): 4:10am On Nov 08, 2019
On drive the car will accelerate on its own since it is automatic transmission, now when you put it in park after it is warmed up what is the idle speed of the tachometer. I am not sure if it was your front break or rear that locked up but the calipers might have siezed up so you may need to grease up the slide pins.

Whenever your car is dragging stop and look around before things get worse

1 Like

Re: Car On Acceleration On Drive by malawi14(m): 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2019
[quote author=sultaan post=83836738]On drive the car will accelerate on its own since it is automatic transmission, now when you put it in park after it is warmed up what is the idle speed of the tachometer. I am not sure if it was your front break or rear that locked up but the calipers might have siezed up so you may need to grease up the slide pins.

Whenever your car is dragging stop and look around before things get worse.
Thank you so much

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get A Toks Muscle Camry For Approximately 2M? / BMW Revealed M340i First Edition – The Fast Wagon Of Our Dreams / High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.