Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion. (1007 Views)

The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars / Someone Spotted Driving Around With Fuel Nozzle & Hose Still Attached To His Car / 1.3 Million Ford F-150 Recalled Due To Doors That May Open On Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion. by BOOOMNAIJA: 7:45pm On Oct 13, 2021
I need ur suggestions guys...wat could be d cause of a car consuming fuel at a more than normal rate...wen d car is on motion, I perceive fuel smell and I've checked everywhere possible for leakages, yet I can't find any....pls any suggestions from car gurus in d house
Re: High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion. by Dozieson(m): 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:
I need ur suggestions guys...wat could be d cause of a car consuming fuel at a more than normal rate...wen d car is on motion, I perceive fuel smell and I've checked everywhere possible for leakages, yet I can't find any....pls any suggestions from car gurus in d house

scan and share code
Re: High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion. by amSTARboy: 8:06pm On Oct 13, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

What's the car model and year?

Have you changed or worked on your fuel pump or fuel filter of recent?
Re: High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion. by BOOOMNAIJA: 8:08pm On Oct 13, 2021
amSTARboy:

What's the car model and year?

Have you changed or worked on your fuel pump or fuel filter of recent?

Yes I changed d fuel pump and filter last week and d problem started since then
Re: High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion. by amSTARboy: 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

Yes I changed d fuel pump and filter last week and d problem started since then

There you go....

You need to go back and ensure that it was properly fixed.
Re: High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion. by okoroemeka(m): 2:39am On Oct 14, 2021
Dozieson:

scan and share code
not every problem is scanned there are issues like this that can only be solved by an experienced mechanic,I haved driven a car that has similar problem like yours and cannot be traced until the engine went up in flames one afternoon, luckily I was in an area with lots of people that helped off the fire,the culprit is a worn rubber O ring that seal the individual fuel injector nozzle on the injector rail,if the ignation is on the pressure from the fuel pump will be leaking from the rubber seal as a tiny fine mist that is hardly detectable until KABOOM!!your car will go up in flames,that small rubbers are the cause of 60-70% car fires.

2 Likes

Re: High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion. by BOOOMNAIJA: 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2021
okoroemeka:
not every problem is scanned there are issues like this that can only be solved by an experienced mechanic,I haved driven a car that has similar problem like yours and cannot be traced until the engine went up in flames one afternoon, luckily I was in an area with lots of people that helped off the fire,the culprit is a worn rubber O ring that seal the individual fuel injector nozzle on the injector rail,if the ignation is on the pressure from the fuel pump will be leaking from the rubber seal as a tiny fine mist that is hardly detectable until KABOOM!!your car will go up in flames,that small rubbers are the cause of 60-70% car fires.

After reading this, I took d car to d mechanic and explained to him....he opened up the nozzle and cleaned it with injector cleaner and also fired d plugs...the smell stopped but I'm still experiencing more than usual consumption of fuel
Re: High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion. by Dozieson(m): 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

After reading this, I took d car to d mechanic and explained to him....he opened up the nozzle and cleaned it with injector cleaner and also fired d plugs...the smell stopped but I'm still experiencing more than usual consumption of fuel

If there Is check light then go and scan it
Re: High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion. by almsofgold: 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

Tell the mechanic to refit the fuel pump
Re: High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion. by BOOOMNAIJA: 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2021
almsofgold:
Tell the mechanic to refit the fuel pump

Pls be clearer on this
Re: High Rate Of Fuel Consumption With Fuel Smell While Car Is On Motion. by emmyN(m): 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

Pls be clearer on this

You were asked to remove the fuel pump assembly and refit it back on the other thread angry

(1) (Reply)

Volkswagen Sharan For Sale / Nigeria Makes Electric Car And Bike? / Want To Refurbish My 1996 Model Toyota Camry - Any Ideas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.