Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? (8668 Views)

Short Nigerian Superhero-themed Film ‘oya: Rise Of The Orisas’ / What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? / Who Is The Strongest Superhero Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by temmyabby(f): 10:21pm On May 26, 2007
sango , oya, amadiora(hope dats correct) we ve many grin
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by TCUBE(m): 8:52am On May 27, 2007
Sango, olukoso

but come to think of it , superhero for naija? na charm dem' go use killl am , the only person wey smilar to that na SHINA RANBO, ogbologbo car theiverey expert,
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by dakmanzero(m): 10:29am On May 27, 2007
Gbade.x

Great Idea! A few suggestions:

1) Not a secret Govt project, a project initiated and funded by foreign oil companies and only suspected to exist by the Nigerian govt. Also, rather than growing the soldiers from scratch, Local ethnic militia members are abducted, brainwashed and genetically altered due to covert agreements reached between certain militia leaders.
Later in your story the govt will discover and attempt to hijack the project. You can have a supporting cast character as a civil servant investigating what he(she?) believes to be a bunkering racket leading to the hijack attempt.

2) Not dreddlocks by default. Try to come up with a more serious sounding acronym that will be shortened to dreddlocks by the govt agents that discover the project, due to the way the hair of DRDDL-injected subjects tends to grow.
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by obong(m): 12:41pm On May 27, 2007
http://pandoracomics.com/home.asp

dont know fi this ever came out but they look decent
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by gbadex1(m): 1:41pm On May 27, 2007
@ darkman :

thanks for the suggestion, will definitely re-modify my storyline and align it with your suggestions.

@ the poster above me:

Pandora was a flop -so i was to learn from an insider- and their comics didn't go past the first edition. I once subscribed online for their comics. Till date, i haven't gotten sh*t. Their characters are terrific though.
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by Vieira(m): 3:45pm On May 27, 2007
obong:

http://pandoracomics.com/home.asp

don't know fi this ever came out but they look decent

I tried them as well and did not anything from them.

a shame.
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by Raymand(m): 4:30pm On May 27, 2007
gbade. x:

@ darkman :

thanks for the suggestion, will definitely re-modify my storyline and align it with your suggestions.

@ the poster above me:

Pandora was a flop -so i was to learn from an insider- and their comics didn't go past the first edition. I once subscribed online for their comics. Till date, i haven't gotten sh*t. Their characters are terrific though.

Why do such great ideas flop like that? it would have been great!
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by dakmanzero(m): 4:36pm On May 27, 2007
Pandora had a distribution problem

People I know who saw the comics and wanted them, couldnt find them.

Personally I had to speed-read them at a friends house, because he didn't want to let go of them- they were like gold. I assumed they would soon hit shelves, but they never did.

Some much-lower quality crap called 'kinetic' landed on silverbird galleria shelves some time ago and they flew off the shelves so fast, yet, no second issue, no nothing.

I think there's some deep rooted issue with printing and distribution that is crippling these guys, perhaps bankrupting them before they can turn a profit. Personally one of my ambitions is to start a general-purpose printing press when I have enough dough. I will certainly be less-than-hostile to anyone that attempts to pitch the idea of a comic book to me but, that could be a long tiome from now.
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by obong(m): 8:50pm On May 27, 2007
i think in general things on the groun dont allow for production of paper products in nigeria. the thing to do may have been to have them done in asia or something
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by Ka: 11:35pm On May 27, 2007
The idea of a Nigerian superhero is intriguing - but I suspect that it wouldn't take long for him to turn from being 'superhero' to 'super-dictator', given the controlling tendencies most Nigerians seem to have (as much as they would like to deny it).
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by PoDeep(m): 12:15am On May 28, 2007
Shegs.
Indomies(or somn lyk dat).
Sky captain(damn rip off).
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by acidrop(f): 2:40am On May 28, 2007
Ka:

The idea of a Nigerian superhero is intriguing - but I suspect that it wouldn't take long for him to turn from being 'superhero' to 'super-dictator', given the controlling tendencies most Nigerians seem to have (as much as they would like to deny it).

hahah, typical political nigerian
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by Pain(m): 4:25am On May 28, 2007
A Nigerian SuperHero Would Take Bribes & "SHAVE" the World.

He Would Protect Yahoo Boys. And Have "Chief" Before His Name.

"Chief" *****Man shocked

Wait A Minute,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Theres One Already- Remember the "Bagco Super Sack" Icon Guy?
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by acidrop(f): 4:29am On May 28, 2007
nw tell me wat exactly is supre about that ur superhero undecided
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by dakmanzero(m): 8:09am On May 28, 2007
people, this corruption, 419 superhero joke is getting old, and is irritating. angry

Give sensible ideas fro Gods sake.
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by moondust(m): 10:05am On May 28, 2007
I'll giv u all a tip off here, the indomitables comicbooks will soon hit stores and i assure you that the whole plot and xters have seriously been hammered to shape and its bound to sweep y'all off ur feet.
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by Raymand(m): 10:53am On May 28, 2007
The Indomitables is just a plot to boost profit for Indomie noodles.
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by moondust(m): 12:07pm On May 28, 2007
u're not totally correct there.
pretty soon u'll see them stand apart from the brand
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by osereka(m): 1:32pm On May 28, 2007
he will be somebody well connected, powerful, extreemly lucky, incorruptible, fearless, ready to stab u in the back, farmer, politician, crimefighter, owe a very big library, owe half a state as his land, like eating amala with ewedu, like palmwine, have many wives and concubines ETC. YEA WE SHOULD CALL HIM BABA OR WE CALL HIM KAMPE
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by PoDeep(m): 2:56pm On May 28, 2007
D indomies is wack, jo!
Copy-cattish horse s h i t.
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by Raymand(m): 2:58pm On May 28, 2007
So you think it's unoriginal?
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by redsun(m): 3:36pm On May 28, 2007
Every body is a hero,just discover it,heroism is in all of us,it is just our limited imagination that inhibits it sometimes.Reason outside the box,then you find something diffrent.
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by dakmanzero(m): 5:00pm On May 28, 2007
@moondust

Your artwork in indomitables is stunning

however be prepared for mountains of criticism as per the whole indomie-noodles-marketing-shill standpoint.

I hope you can rid yourself of the shackles of corporate merchandising and do your own thing, pretty soon.
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by chrysler(m): 7:27pm On May 28, 2007
A Nigerian Super hero will be like me, oohhh, why i con dey fumble like dis, sorry jare, it is me
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by gbadex1(m): 8:49pm On May 28, 2007
Well, i've got a bunch of characters in my head. I've named only one so far and his story- Dreddlock. Here's some of them :

Tincan

Ajanaku

Captain Nigeria (yeah well, call this a rip-off, who fuckin' cares)

-Porcupine (a.k.a Exo)

and one i'm currently working on (prolly my fave)

Behemoth

i'd give their abilities and story later on. . . .
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by Raymand(m): 11:31am On May 29, 2007
redsun:

Every body is a hero,just discover it,heroism is in all of us,it is just our limited imagination that inhibits it sometimes.Reason outside the box,then you find something diffrent.

We are looking for a model, an icon kids can look up to and say " I want to be as strong as this man" just like Hulk Hogan, look at the way he captured the patronage of children in America and world over, i cried when the Undertaker beat him at survivor series. If the Nigerian entertainment industry can bring one up maybe just maybe corruption in Nigeria wouldn't be as pronounced as it is. The media is quite powerful you know?

gbade. x:

Captain Nigeria (yeah well, call this a rip-off, who fuckin' cares)

You're damn right. grin
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by free2ryhme: 11:13pm On May 29, 2007
well my idea of a naija super hero is one with put bellys and wears agbada and can deceive and steal very well even fraud anybody i mean anybody he might be a yoruba igbo or hausa and a male to be precise grin
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by OmoEko1(f): 11:17pm On May 29, 2007
sex_me_up:

the one man or woman who will replace pessimism out of the mind of Nigerians and replace it with optimism.
ferlie can u take that pic on ur profile down angry angry angry, u need help
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by OmoEko1(f): 1:53am On May 30, 2007
sex_me_up:

@Omo_Eko

Shut your small mouth up and hold your peace forever.

You dey craze abi someone don put cuss for your head angry angry angry, you better watch yourself
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by Raymand(m): 7:38pm On May 30, 2007
Is there any day you ever get along with people peacefully? , Seriously.
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by denex: 8:51pm On May 30, 2007
Well, last year, my crew was contemplating shooting our first movie in 2007 and a director suggested one about a superhero. dakmanzero is the only one in this forum that has a solid idea of what a Nigerian superhero should be. His/her powers should be consistent with what is actually tenable in Nigeria i.e juju/jazz/otumokpo.
Their weakness should be distance from the shrine or some kind of abomination.
The superhero's name could be something like VOODOO. Don't even laugh cos that just came
off the top of my head.

Anyway, how come you all forgot our old superheroes:
Benbella
Pa Jimoh
and,
, now this one is crazy but Dauda the sexy guy/ Nackson. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the guy into a hero. He's a damn rapist for crying out loud!
All the same, I'm making my movie on Nackson. I don't care what anyone says. Maybe I'd get an R18 rating, but I'll do it all the same.
Perhaps I could do a little switch; instead of being a rapist, he could be this guy who could sense heat in a woman and went around town giving satisfaction. Is that heroic? Well, whatever. I love this forum. So many intelligent people.
Ah what about Gbefila? She solves problems by spreading rumours. Didn't anyone in here read Funtimes?
Re: What Will A Nigerian Superhero Be Like? by denex: 8:52pm On May 30, 2007
Well, last year, my crew was contemplating shooting our first movie in 2007 and a director suggested one about a superhero. dakmanzero is the only one in this forum that has a solid idea of what a Nigerian superhero should be. His/her powers should be consistent with what is actually tenable in Nigeria i.e juju/jazz/otumokpo.
Their weakness should be distance from the shrine or some kind of abomination.
The superhero's name could be something like VOODOO. Don't even laugh cos that just came
off the top of my head.

Anyway, how come you all forgot our old superheroes:
Benbella
Pa Jimoh
and,
, now this one is crazy but Dauda the sexy guy/ Nackson. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the guy into a hero. He's a damn rapist for crying out loud!
All the same, I'm making my movie on Nackson. I don't care what anyone says. Maybe I'd get an R18 rating, but I'll do it all the same.
Perhaps I could do a little switch; instead of being a rapist, he could be this guy who could sense heat in a woman and went around town giving satisfaction. Is that heroic? Well, whatever. I love this forum. So many intelligent people.
Ah what about Gbefila? She solves problems by spreading rumours. Didn't anyone in here read Funtimes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Secondary School Students Caught On Camera “doing It” Right Inside The Classroom / OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film / Kenny And D-1: Boring!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.