Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? (33104 Views)

Should I Accept This Job Offer? / Should I Accept The Job Offer From Him Or Not? Pls Help! / Should I Accept This Salesboy 7am-7pm, N25k Job Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by sholay2011(m): 8:46pm On Nov 07, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

Na this thing wen you talk many bsc and MSC take remain for house 20 years." I'm a bsc holder"

No dont take it. Maybe you think you're the only graduate. A fresh graduate for that matter with naked CV. Have you any working experience yet? Dey there dey form yen yen yen yen yen holder.

You Better take it and use it to boost your CV and get exposure before you become something else for house waiting for million naira job.

Start from somewhere.
Lol...you dey vex oo
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Neddyogu(m): 8:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
Great doors swing on little hinges. My first job after NYSC back in 2010 paid 20k monthly but today my least paid member of staff takes more than that. Great doors swing on little hinges.
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by bonnyhope: 8:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I just finished serving last month and I got a job offer of 40k. I am a B.Sc holder, graduated with second class upper. I need your candid advice whether I should accept or decline the job offer.

You are fortunate to get that immediately after your service. Many do not have that opportunity

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by skyhighweb(m): 8:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
calculate ur transport to and fro and feeding if u get half remaining take it if not, u working to earn nothing, d whole experience matter nah crap u don already get am
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by 12345baba(m): 8:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
U will earn more and flex driving uber

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
sholay2011:

Lol...you dey vex oo

No mind am jare.
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
My brother humble yourself and gather experience.. Onitsha market Has Billionaires without 2.1...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by xenten: 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I just finished serving last month and I got a job offer of 40k. I am a B.Sc holder, graduated with second class upper. I need your candid advice whether I should accept or decline the job offer.

does it go with your dream? check with your ambitions for life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by abbasajao(m): 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2019
Collect it. I collected 25k job in 2014 few months I finished NYSC and is better now.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by LOVEGINO(m): 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
CarlyX8:
Reject it and let hunger kee you there

You only have to reject a job when there's another one around the corner.
hahahahaha. Hee never see nothing
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by myfan: 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
"The way Nigeria is now, if oyibo people bring ship to start shipping people to US for slave trade, people will be struggling to enter. Some go come with their own chain to avoid stories like chain have finished, stay back in Nigeria"

Lol. Even me sef go follow struggle enter.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by BianoJay(m): 8:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:

With same category of your certificate, I have worked for 20k plus plenty insult
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Femich18(m): 9:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
myfan:
"The way Nigeria is now, if oyibo people bring ship to start shipping people to US for slave trade, people will be struggling to enter. Some go come with their own chain to avoid stories like chain have finished, stay back in Nigeria"

Lol. Even me sef go follow struggle enter.

Hahahahaha. I reject it for you bro
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by AlphaT1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
GRACEGLORY:

You have four options to consider:

1. Accept the job, and do it joyfully until your heaven break lose.
2. Create a job.
3. Go to the farm.
4. Reject the job offer and wait for the better days that may never come as big things always starts small.

Do not despise these small beginnings... Zechariah 4:10

N:B
School doesn't guarantee you good pay, that can only happen in the industrial age, wake up, this is the information age, only applicable information to solving man's problem pays more money now, no be by how good your cert is.
Very true...I was part of an interview panel last month (HSEMS-data entry officer) and the company didn't care about your PhD.. but just who could do the job..shikena. Though training shall be provided but suitable candidates needed to demonstrate (practical) understanding of basic concepts.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by orezino(m): 9:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
someone don dy graduate dy look for job.
JAMB WHY?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by VicM6: 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:
firstly, whc state are u given the job. secondly, transportation fare, house rent money etc
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by yomi007k(m): 9:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
GRACEGLORY:

You have four options to consider:

1. Accept the job, and do it joyfully until your heaven break lose.
2. Create a job.
3. Go to the farm.
4. Reject the job offer and wait for the better days that may never come as big things always starts small.

Do not despise these small beginnings... Zechariah 4:10

N:B
School doesn't guarantee you good pay, that can only happen in the industrial age, wake up, this is the information age, only applicable information to solving man's problem pays more money now, no be by how good your cert is.

Man of Grace. Peace be unto you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by myfan: 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2019
Femich18:

Hahahahaha. I reject it for you bro

Lol. Reality!
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by GRACEGLORY: 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2019
AlphaT1:

Very true...I was part of an interview panel last month (HSEMS-data entry officer) and the company didn't care about your PhD.. but just who could do the job..shikena. Though training shall be provided but suitable candidates needed to demonstrate (practical) understanding of basic concepts.

The cert only serves as proof that you have the ability to learn, understand, communicate that learnt, and apply it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Mutunchina: 9:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
I will take it and use the salary for beer grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by ridbell01(m): 9:27pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:

Yeah, that's one of the things I am considering cos the resumption time is 8am and you close 5pm. The work day is from Monday to Friday n the transport fare per day is #250.
take the job you are one of the few luck ones in this shit hole but remember thats not your place just as stepping stone
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Jh0wsef(m): 9:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ikechukwuanozie:
whats your location Bro, i got job for you, only if your price is affordable and your work neat...

Good evening, location is in lagos, mile12 axis.
Let's text on WhatsApp.
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Juliearth(f): 9:39pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:

Take the job! At this level, what you should worry about is post NYSC job experience. So take it, build your connect while at the job...
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by folasky: 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
Please don't take the job offer. You are graduate for God sake. Don't worry, keep searching with time you will get a well paying job. I was in your shoe before. I thank God I didn't accept that small offer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by chubbyG(m): 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:
Consider the following
If it's in line with your course of study
If it's close to your house
If you'll learn From the job.

The truth is recruitment for most firms have ended For the year, why not take this one pending when you get a better paying job next year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Stonjay: 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:
Go and think. There is power in thinking, but pple just jump into conclusion without taking time 2 think over thing(s).
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by ctleurocollege: 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:

Take it
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Worksunlimited: 9:49pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:

Where MSc holders are earning less than 100k and in shitty work environments, where people resign on a daily basis.. Dude! Start from somewhere and work your way up..
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by dgee1(m): 9:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
This is wisdom.
Mitocyan:

Well it depends on lots of factors. They include but are not limited to
1)what you studied in school

2)the career plan you have for your self

3)the gp you graduated with(if you had a great 2-1 or first class for instance I will advise you to seek scholarship for masters abroad

4)the financial situation of your family. If your family or whoever is still supporting can do so for 6 months without complaining, I will advise you not to take up the job, you can choose to use this period to learn a digital skill or enrol in a training academy that will prepare you for better opportunities.

The bad thing about accepting any job that comes immediately after NYSC is that time passes quickly when you are out of school and you might just be in this job and it could consume so much of your time and might be hard to change. It could make u not have time to reach out for better opportunities again.

Also if this job has no career prospect for you, I will advise you to get some money print some flyers for home tutorials and distribute it actively, in your church and in your area, you can charge around 20k per student and it will probably be 3 days in a week at 2 hours per session. If you get 3 clients that is 60k already. By doing this you will have more time to yourself unlike being in that job and you can plan for more business ideas or more career path.

Don't fall for the deceit that you are still young, time passes quickly and motivation wanes with years. Don't let your drive wane. Make good use of it. Above all I wish you success.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by foolbuster: 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:

If you think its not good enough reject. Me i will reject. Because i know i can get a better offer. Or accept while putting in maximum effort to get a better one. Then the 40k job will contribute to experience in my updated CV.
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Ennybright: 10:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:

Accept it,it's always good to start with something.You can continue applying to better jobs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Isnow: 10:10pm On Nov 07, 2019
am receiving the exact salary since 2017..but will break out soon like this year by the grace of almighty God..u don't even HV to ask twice, accept it..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Academic And Non-academic Job Vacancies At Federal University, Oye-ekiti 14 Vac / RECRUITMENT: Police Fixes Date For Screening Nationwide; Here Are 8 Things You M / An Ugly Experience With A HR Officer In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.