Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,700 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? (27800 Views)

How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? / Lady In Tears After Reducing Her Age To Get A Job She Qualified For With Her Rea / WAEC 2019 Job Recruitment (25 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
I would like everyone to contribute to this topic.

I am 29 years old, by next month I will turn 30. But I am not happy that I am turning 30 with nothing to show for it.

There are lots of job opportunities out there for 26 years old applicants only, if you are 27 you will not be considered. Even the outsourcing firms are on this age restriction too. I went to an outsource firm last month for job. One of the guys that work there checked my credentials and said 'you are 30, I told him I am 29 not 30' thinking there could be a chance for me to get immediate attention. The guy told me, there is an IT(information Technology) interview tomorrow which I would have sent your credentials to the HR but your age is against you. I was sad about this.

Now, my question is, "would there be any penalty for age reduction"? I am using WAEC and you know what that mean. I am planning to go to court for age affidavit.

Your contributions is paramount here. Thanks

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by cassidy1996(m): 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2019
no problem
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by TheTourist: 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2019
Following

Modified: still waiting for useful responses
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by lanreabbey(m): 8:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
I have reduce 3 years already from my age...

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
Here to read comments.

1 Like

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by kibraaminase(m): 9:45pm On Nov 08, 2019
I'm also in confusion...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by TheFacelessMan: 12:13am On Nov 09, 2019
Simple advice - never adjust your age.

I think embellishing and exaggerating work experience can still be explained away but not outright age falsification.

PS - I exaggerated work experience at the start of my career. As i got better jobs with quality experience, i slowly went back to reduce the fiction.

NOTE - It is unfair for you to put up the certificate of someone else for public consumption. If MODs are active, this should be taken down and you should be banned if you don't desist. This is wrong.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by galadima77(m): 5:24am On Nov 09, 2019
Now you see how our copy copy system kills dreams and sincere minds...meanwhile those enforcing these age crap aren't saints themselves.

My advice: be patient and keep searching or better still try entrepreneurship. God will see you through.

23 Likes

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Slawormir: 9:28am On Nov 09, 2019
Damnnnnn. Blur that your name or niggarrrs will bomb you before evening. But the age on that certificate is different from the one you stated. Are you a niggarrr or a female?

As a real niggarrr that i am
I would say changing your age will will fuckkk you up overseas. When ever you decide to travel and do something useful there. Probably Education things.

I would advice you to calm down
Let me tell you a secret woman
What will be will be
Don't rush anything when the time comes and when the time is right it will happen

Continue with that age woman
You are who you are
Their approval is not needed
See ehnnnnn sometimes this life get as he be. Wetin go happen go still happen

My interviewer once aske me if i smoke
And i said yes but i smoke the other one. And still my name was on the list of people employed

But for now i might say to you as a real niggarrr
Just do some bombings with updated tools and format and change your IP ( internet protocol)
Women are even good in bombings than niggarrrs

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by hisexcellency34: 9:28am On Nov 09, 2019
No implication whatsoever
Buhari reduced his age
Tinubu reduced his age
Has anything happened to them?

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by kobosmart(m): 9:28am On Nov 09, 2019
grin your juniors no go respect you cause them go think say you be age mates

12 Likes

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by iCauseTrouble: 9:29am On Nov 09, 2019
No implication bro. Your president has no certificate

11 Likes

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 09, 2019
From football to acting to technology, majority of Nigerians are age cheats.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Zombiekiller010: 9:30am On Nov 09, 2019
The mistake you did is by not reducing your age before writing Waec.

That reminds me of my friend that used to brag about his age back then in school, i told him the implication of him using his real age, it was when he was denied NYSC that he valued not using a real age. He can't even apply for some jobs cus of age restrictions ,went to do affidavit but its too late
No implications. Afterall
Buhari is using official Age without implications on him, why will changing of age have implications on you if you do the same wisely.

Op ,after 13 years of writing Waec ,you're still seeking for job and now ,age is now the barrier, sorry oh. Government should cancel NYSC and empower graduates with a reasonable money, come to think of the money used in camping corpers, feeding, uniform , allawee and paying NYSC staff
PrincessGift:
please what is the least Age for NYSC?

I don't think there is any least age.
People are serving at 18
Like having SSCE @ 14, some @ 13.
Depending on how fast you gain admission and how fast the higher institution is

stanliwise:
Not true, age of getting into the University is 16 and above.
it is called NYSC meanings National Youth..... So 21 is the minimum age anyone should be doing NYSC

grin are you saying there is no corpers around 18 years?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by amiibaby(f): 9:30am On Nov 09, 2019
Ok
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by landforeast(m): 9:30am On Nov 09, 2019
Run away from politics it is capable of bringing you down. Age Falsification is a criminal offence liable of imprisonment

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by nairalanduseles: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2019
How foolish can u be ....pasting your original certificate with your name here.....this place is full of frauds ....wise up and delete asap
Bet you some don put your name on Facebook search already

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by sammyj: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2019
That will be revealed if you want migrate to Canada grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by myettiallah: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2019
Why reduce your age at first
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Cutehector(m): 9:31am On Nov 09, 2019
When you finally get a good job and it was later discovered you falsified your age, that results into integrity issue and you will likely lose your job due to that.

Bankers can bear me witness. cool

8 Likes

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by OvaSabi1(f): 9:32am On Nov 09, 2019
The Nigerian labour market is ageist. Once you are approaching 25 and still job hunting, just learn a skill and be self employed. If you are in a serious relationship, get married and start a family. Develop other areas of your life too while you await a job slot as a civil servant. This is your only saving grace of ever being a salaried worker.

Ps... You know that you don't have sense sha abi? You posted your original certificate. So that future employers can search for you, trace it to nairaland and know that you lied about your age to get the job.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Offpoint: 9:32am On Nov 09, 2019
I reduced 2 years out of mine every year for the last 4 years and it has been wonderful experience so far.

The joy of looking at your birth certificate reading '22' for 4 conservative years, it's amazing.

No implications my dear op, do whatever you have to do. Las Las no Nigerian is going to heaven.

Remember the longer you wait to reduce that age, the OLDER you'll get and the more jobs you'll miss.

If they're heartless enough to denied me a job because of my age, then I should be heartless enough to cut a little tiny teeny number out my age.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by bknight: 9:32am On Nov 09, 2019
Hmm..
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by BlackCrainte: 9:32am On Nov 09, 2019
Death
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by UdemeJoshua(m): 9:33am On Nov 09, 2019
Welcome to neco club, my waec is not relevant to me is under my box����

4 Likes

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by stag: 9:33am On Nov 09, 2019
You might get the job but, retaining it might need extreme care.

You must keep keeping under the radar.

I know a bank BM that lost his job for this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by yorke1: 9:33am On Nov 09, 2019
That's why NECO is the best!

5 Likes

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 09, 2019
Having age discrepancies may be a ground for visa rejection. That is if you have plans of pursuing studies abroad.

Don’t let your age bother you. If you think deeply, you have achieved much over the years. Just that you aren’t where you want to be yet.

You’ll be fine in the end with your real age!

14 Likes

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Pavore9: 9:33am On Nov 09, 2019
nairalanduseles:
How foolish can u be ....pasting your original certificate with your name here.....this place is full of frauds ....wise up and delete asap

Is integrated science and social studies part of SSCE subjects in Nigeria? That is a Ghanaian certificate.
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Sirwallace(m): 9:34am On Nov 09, 2019
nairalanduseles:

Leave the idiot.
She forget that the internet never forgets.
Mtchew

3 Likes

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Edoi(m): 9:35am On Nov 09, 2019
You mean real age vs "football age"
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 09, 2019
dayo2me:
I would like everyone to contribute to this topic.

I am 29 years old, by next month I will turn 30. But I am not happy that I am turning 30 with nothing to show for it.

There are lots of job opportunities out there for 26 years old applicants only, if you are 27 you will not be considered. Even the outsourcing firms are on this age restriction too. I went to an outsource firm last month for job. One of the guys that work there checked my credentials and said 'you are 30, I told him I am 29 not 30' thinking there could be a chance for me to get immediate attention. The guy told me, there is an IT(information Technology) interview tomorrow which I would have sent your credentials to the HR but your age is against you. I was sad about this.

Now, my question is, "would there be any penalty for age reduction"? I am using WAEC and you know what that mean. I am planning to go to court for age affidavit.

Your contributions is paramount here. Thanks
Please remove this your result here, the internet doesn't forget, one day it will come to haunt you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way / First City Monument Bank Plc Is Recruiting! / Sterling Bank Vs Uba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.