Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Sterling Bank Vs Uba - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sterling Bank Vs Uba (27819 Views)

STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! / Sterling Bank Invitation / Oceanic Bank Vs Etisalat Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sterling Bank Vs Uba by mikebuddy(m): 11:24pm On Jul 15, 2011
Hello friends, i have an opportunity to work with the above stated banks. (Sterling Bank and UBA)
I have already passed their test and now am trying to consider which one to choose.
Please your suggestions with GOOD REASONS will be welcome. Thank You.
BS: I will also want to know their salaries for E.T.
Please be sure before you mention salaries.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 15, 2011
Please look for another bank, i have told u for your own good. Try GT Bank.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by mikebuddy(m): 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2011
@1acre, please what are your reasons?
Moreover i don't have GT opportunity at the moment.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by danie09(m): 6:27am On Jul 16, 2011
Cos sterling and uba will surely end up throwing you in the marketing field and giving you riidiculous targets to fufil every month and once you can't meet up they 'll show you the exit door the basic ssalary at uba for a fresh graduate is N106,000 and i sincerely don't think sterling bank's pay will be better than that. @ gtb you ll earn N178,000 for a start(executive trainee) with lots of benefits ( which you may never get in uba and sterling) and there's assurance that you' ll make operations and even if you are in marketing the case will be absolutel different from uba and sterling.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by mikebuddy(m): 10:49am On Jul 16, 2011
@Daniel,
Thanks alot.
I served with UBA i know it's 106,000 NGN for Executive trainee and 126,000 when you are confirmed after like 6months to one year.
UBA doesn't really send every Bsc to marketing, it just depends plus they don't give any targets like you stated.
Please i need sterling bank info.
Thanks you anyway.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by danie09(m): 11:11am On Jul 16, 2011
Nope . My girlfriend is one of the new recruits @ uba she did her nysc there & was retained and she was posted to the marketing section. I have a cousin and about two friends who had to resign their their marketing positions @ uba because they couldn't meetup with the ridiculous targets they were been given and most of them are in gtbank now the only comlain they give is the bank (UBA) has nothing ✽Ɠ☺☺Ɖ to offer them in terms of staff welfare & job security. I serve (nysc) at gtbank so i can speak for them in terms of staff welfare. I don't know much about sterling but iknow their pay package is similar to uba
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by mikebuddy(m): 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2011
@danie, Okay oo, am still searching for Sterling Bank info.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by Tomishow(m): 10:09am On Jul 17, 2011
sterling on paper is about 2mill + per annum, but take home is less than 100k with about 100k quartely upfront, they dont pay staff welfare stuffs, no performance, its even worse now as ur salary is based on each branch profitability, (at least up north dont know about down south, )

i will try get specific numbers from my brother that works there

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by starfox(m): 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2011
Hi mikebuddy,

I will advise that you choose Sterling Bank. Though, I don't know a lot about their pay structure. However, I am aware they are being taken over by First Rand Bank of South Africa.

That could portend great career opportunities for you. You can find out if the proposed merger is still on.

Forget about the money for now and think about career goals and opportunity. Take this advice from someone caught up in Intercontinental Bank Plc.

Above all, pray to God.

Best of luck.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by mikebuddy(m): 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2011
Tomishow:

sterling on paper is about 2mill + per annum, but take home is less than 100k with about 100k quartely upfront, they dont pay staff welfare stuffs, no performance, its even worse now as your salary is based on each branch profitability, (at least up north dont know about down south, )

i will try get specific numbers from my brother that works there
I really dont understand you. If it says 2mil on paper then take home of less than 100k , it does make sense cos when u calculate it will not be up to the amount on paper.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by mikebuddy(m): 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2011
starfox:

Hi mikebuddy,

I will advise that you choose Sterling Bank. Though, I don't know a lot about their pay structure. However, I am aware they are being taken over by First Rand Bank of South Africa.

That could portend great career opportunities for you. You can find out if the proposed merger is still on.

Forget about the money for now and think about career goals and opportunity. Take this advice from someone caught up in Intercontinental Bank Plc.

Above all, pray to God.

Best of luck.
Thanks alot for your advice, i will really put your suggestion into consideration. God bless you.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by Tomishow(m): 10:10am On Jul 18, 2011
promotion is another thing to consider
u can choose sterling bank based on that also
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by bumba1234: 10:26am On Jul 18, 2011
UBA is a crappy bank, the have liquidity probles, thats why they came up with the new minimum balance, they are looking for foreign invsetors, go for sterling its musch stable
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by chineds(m): 8:48pm On Jul 18, 2011
take sterling even if na 1kobo dem go pay you. U will regret it if you eventually jump into UBA. me sef i dey look at that sterling sef, words from my side is based on experience.
dont mess up with your life
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by mikebuddy(m): 11:44pm On Jul 18, 2011
Tomishow:

promotion is another thing to consider
u can choose sterling bank based on that also
But UBA also give promotion.
bumba1234:

UBA is a crappy bank, the have liquidity probles, thats why they came up with the new minimum balance, they are looking for foreign invsetors, go for sterling its musch stable
I think UBA wanted to reduce their customer base thats the reason behind the minimum balance thing.
chineds:

take sterling even if na 1kobo dem go pay you. U will regret it if you eventually jump into UBA. me sef i dey look at that sterling sef, words from my side is based on experience.
dont mess up with your life
Thanks but i will appreciate reasons.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by dammiecool(m): 8:22am On Jul 19, 2011
mikebuddy:

.I think UBA wanted to reduce their customer base thats the reason behind the minimum balance thing,

haba!!! is dat possible on this planet
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by chineds(m): 8:27am On Jul 19, 2011
i am telling you from authenticated source that that bank is being run by a mafia that is so self centered. there is no organisation, everything is kill or die. no formalized structure that lasts up to 6 months. If you want to find out my brother, call someone who is a staff and confirm,
words of the elders are words of wisdom, i dont want to talk more as it is said that when the enemy is on the air, grasses have ears,

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by smooooooth: 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2011
@iacre

if you have gtb levels, tell the guy and help him get him. the guy got just opportunities in the two banks he mentioned.

i will advise you follow your mind anyway, cos most of the info here may not be correct. i am not a banker and dont hope to be one in my life, but i doubt if sterling is a better bank than Uba. haba!!
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by mikebuddy(m): 10:42pm On Jul 19, 2011
mikebuddy:

But UBA also give promotion.I think UBA wanted to reduce their customer base thats the reason behind the minimum balance thing.Thanks but i will appreciate reasons.
Yes it's possible, you might not know what their staff suffer but i have an idea because i was with them for a year (NYSC).
chineds:

i am telling you from authenticated source that that bank is being run by a mafia that is so self centered. there is no organisation, everything is kill or die. no formalized structure that lasts up to 6 months. If you want to find out my brother, call someone who is a staff and confirm,
words of the elders are words of wisdom, i dont want to talk more as it is said that when the enemy is on the air, grasses have ears,
The bank's GMD is Philips Oduoza, he's not a gangster and CBN cant allow gangsters run banks in Nigeria. The chairman Isreal Ogbue is also a reputable person, am talking about UBA.
smooooooth:

@iacre

if you have gtb levels, tell the guy and help him get him. the guy got just opportunities in the two banks he mentioned.

i will advise you follow your mind anyway, cos most of the info here may not be correct. i am not a banker and dont hope to be one in my life, but i doubt if sterling is a better bank than Uba. haba!!
Thanks alot for your contribution. I appreciate.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by JazzyPhizzle: 8:57am On Jul 20, 2011
For UBA:

If you are VERY fortunate, you will be promoted. I do not know the criteria for promotion. If you like, you work hard, it may never come to you. NEVER! Please do not think that you will be confirmed after 6 months/1 year and start earning the N126K. You may never be confirmed. It is not impossible that your salary will be cut 6months into your employment with UBA. Staff welfare is for a few.

My advice: Make sure you work yourslf into the Treasury department. That is the only epartment that a 9yr old can be promoted without effort.

I do not know anything about sterling bank.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by chineds(m): 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2011
The bank's GMD is Philips Oduoza, he's not a gangster and CBN cant allow gangsters run banks in Nigeria. The chairman Isreal Ogbue is also a reputable person, am talking about UBA.

I rest my case. you did only youth service right? Follow your mind my guy. and who told you that the former MD is gone from that bank? I just dey laugh oooo.
''Truth is always bitter but behold truth is just life in full''
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by mikebuddy(m): 10:23pm On Jul 20, 2011
JazzyPhizzle:

For UBA:

If you are VERY fortunate, you will be promoted. I do not know the criteria for promotion. If you like, you work hard, it may never come to you. NEVER! Please do not think that you will be confirmed after 6 months/1 year and start earning the N126K. You may never be confirmed. It is not impossible that your salary will be cut 6months into your employment with UBA. Staff welfare is for a few.

My advice: Make sure you work yourslf into the Treasury department. That is the only epartment that a 9yr old can be promoted without effort.

I do not know anything about sterling bank.
Wow, this is wonderful, you really said it all about UBA, i know most of those info. thanks alot. I really need Sterling info.
chineds:

I rest my case. you did only youth service right? Follow your mind my guy. and who told you that the former MD is gone from that bank? I just dey laugh oooo.
''Truth is always bitter but behold truth is just life in full''
I know more about UBA than you think. Thanks anyway.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by Toladipo(f): 9:21am On Jul 21, 2011
hi have u gone to training skool i mean uba if yes aw is it like. i have done my medicals with uba and awaiting them to call for training. as per u question y dont go down on ur knees for god directive.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by Mentaremix(m): 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2011
HI MIKEBUDDY.IS THERE VACANCY NOW IN STERLING BANK SO I CAN APPLY.I HAVE 2-1 IN B.SCIENCE AND 4YRS WORKING EXPERIENCE.I HEARD DEY RECRUIT CONTRACT MARKETERS WITH TARGET FOR #41,000 MONTHLY SALARY WHICH I CANT SUSCRIBE FOR.THANKS.

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by mikebuddy(m): 8:43pm On Jul 21, 2011
Toladipo:

hi have u gone to training skool i mean uba if yes aw is it like. i have done my medicals with uba and awaiting them to call for training. as per u question y dont go down on your knees for God directive.
Thanks dear, i know God will do his part but i have to also do my part which is what am doing now.
which zone of UBA are you hoping to be recruited?
I went to training as a corper, not been to the main one.

Mentaremix:

HI MIKEBUDDY.IS THERE VACANCY NOW IN STERLING BANK SO I CAN APPLY.I HAVE 2-1 IN B.SCIENCE AND 4YRS WORKING EXPERIENCE.I HEARD DEY RECRUIT CONTRACT MARKETERS WITH TARGET FOR #41,000 MONTHLY SALARY WHICH I CANT SUSCRIBE FOR.THANKS.
I really don't know details like that, why not confirm from your source to be sure?
Is it OND that you want to work with? why 41k?
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by Mentaremix(m): 1:05pm On Jul 22, 2011
d lady i got d information frm works in sterling bank and was an ond holder when she applied there tru dr recruiting agency situated at lekki.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by Toladipo(f): 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2011
my zone is in the north jos to the precise wat abt u
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by mikebuddy(m): 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2011
Mentaremix:

d lady i got d information frm works in sterling bank and was an ond holder when she applied there tru dr recruiting agency situated at lekki.
Thats okay, so why dont you ask her how you can enroll?
Toladipo:

my zone is in the north jos to the precise wat abt u
I was in North Central. You know there are issues with Jos-the crisis, so who knows.
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by Mentaremix(m): 11:32pm On Jul 22, 2011
thanks mike buddy i will endeavour to do dat!
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by stevewale(m): 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2011
Please does anyone in d house know how Gtbank pays their contract HND staffs and wht are d questions to expect from their recruiting agency, ICSL?
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by mikebuddy(m): 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2011
stevewale:

Please does anyone in d house know how Gtbank pays their contract HND staffs and wht are d questions to expect from their recruiting agency, ICSL?
no idea
Mentaremix:

thanks mike buddy i will endeavour to do dat!
u r welcome
Re: Sterling Bank Vs Uba by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 29, 2011
good morning all, please who knows the test format of uba. i have a test today by 2pm. i submitted my cv at thier abuja office about six months ago.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting / Is This Real Or Scam Or GNLD?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.