Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,396 members, 7,846,657 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

UK Police Release Shocking Details From The ‘mysterious’ Truck With 39 Bodies - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UK Police Release Shocking Details From The ‘mysterious’ Truck With 39 Bodies (477 Views)

Gboyega Odubanjo's Body Found By UK Police / UK Police Officers Had Sex With Women While On Duty / How We Extract Bank Details From Stolen Phones To Withdraw Money —suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UK Police Release Shocking Details From The ‘mysterious’ Truck With 39 Bodies by davidkingsley59(m): 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2019
Police investigators in the United Kingdom has said that 10 teenagers were among the 39 people found dead in an abandoned truck container.

UK police also confirmed that all 39 victims in the truck were Vietnamese. Their bodies were discovered in Grays, a small town in southeast England.

Details of the failed human trafficking plot which occurred in last month was released by local police—for the first time—on Friday. Two of the dead were identified as 15-year-olds, and the oldest among them was just 44 years old. The tragic incident is Britain’s worst case of people smuggling.

Police said 20 of the identified victims were from a province in Nghe An, located in northcentral Vietnam—about 120 miles from Hanoi.

UK policed decided to complete the entire identification process before releasing details of the deceased, Assistant Chief Constable Tim Smith said. “Our priority has been to identify the victims, to preserve the dignity of those who have died and to support the victims’ friends and families.”

“It remained of paramount importance to us to ensure that an individual’s next of kin were informed, and that they were given some time to absorb this tragic news before we publicly confirmed their loved one’s identity,” Smith added.

Authorities in the UK collaborated with the coroner and Vietnamese police to unravel mysteries surrounding the 23 October incident.

Police revealed DNA samples were taken from all Vietnamese citizens who suspected their missing relatives could have been on that abandoned truck found in an industrial park in Grays.

One of the travellers was earlier identified as Pham Thi Tra My, a 26-year-old Vietnamese whose heart-breaking message to her mother—at the point of death—clearly explained the many risks of illegal migration. “I’m so sorry mom and dad…. My journey abroad doesn’t succeed,” she wrote. “Mom, I love you and dad very much. I’m dying because I can’t breathe …. Mom, I’m so sorry.”

Pham’s family said they were unable to contact her after receiving that final text message about suffocating.

Media reports confirm that a 22-year-old Irish named Eamonn Harrison was arrested on a British warrant. Meanwhile, Essex Police in Britain said have started extradition proceedings to bring him to the U.K. to face charges of manslaughter. Vietnam police also confirmed they had arrested some suspected members of the human trafficking gang.

Re: UK Police Release Shocking Details From The ‘mysterious’ Truck With 39 Bodies by angelEmade: 5:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
sooo sad
Re: UK Police Release Shocking Details From The ‘mysterious’ Truck With 39 Bodies by fckmn24seg(m): 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2019
Human snuggling! I remember the president begging to supply Nigeria riice.
Rip

(1) (Reply)

I Swear I Don’t Know Boy Bitterly Cried As Was Arrested By The Police / Lagos policemen seen assaulting a man after allegedly bashing his car / Maryam Sanda: Another Wife Stabs Husband To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.