Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

4 Great Places To Look For A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 4 Great Places To Look For A Job (18455 Views)

When Is The Best Time To Look For Job In Nigeria? / Red Flags To Look For When Interviewing Candidates / FG Places Embargo On Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by Sirafoy: 9:37am On Nov 09, 2019
ceeroh:
In as much as jobs are truly scarce, how many graduates are employable? I have witnessed first hand the problems involved in filling just a role. You will search and search, interview until your mouth bends to one side. Yet, you can't get a suitable candidate. Most of them don't know nada. They just carry papers around (certificates) while they're empty upstairs.

They'll gather different certifications but can't handle a simple office task, very clumsy, disorganized and always absent minded.

All in all, we should try to develop ourselves all-round so when the opportunity comes, we would be ready to prove ourselves.

Sir, I disagree that many graduates are unemployable. This is just rubish statement from old people that destroyed our economy to cover up their actions. How will you be expecting someone with no/little idea of a particular thing to be a superman. You have to develop them to become what you want.

1 Like

Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by bukhety(f): 9:50am On Nov 09, 2019
Brighte:
Last last we go dey alright.

It's a lie, we no go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by OracleOmega(m): 10:24am On Nov 09, 2019
Hello nairaland,
my name z Ray am a law student in d faculty of law,NDU
Uhm am having sm issues nd dey are threatning
Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by OracleOmega(m): 10:26am On Nov 09, 2019
Av met sm people buh dey av giving me dire illegal solutions which i wouldnt want 2 do
Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by SamTos2019(m): 10:26am On Nov 09, 2019
Great
Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by OracleOmega(m): 10:27am On Nov 09, 2019
So i av decided dat i wil beg nairalanders as my last option
Jst maybe sm1 wil help me
Its 10k i need
Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by OracleOmega(m): 10:29am On Nov 09, 2019
Plz any helper can snd it 2
EBITIMI MARTIN WANKASSI
FIRST BANK
Thanks alot
Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by bamasite(m): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2019
My dear.

Yesterday, I told a new hire(a young beautiful female graduate that is paid almost 1xxk) to bring me the file for ITF.

Babe went and brought me a file clearly labeled IT (Industrial attachment)

I told the babe that it is the wrong file. Babe argued that it is the same thing. I tried to correct her by showing her the letter we got for ITF audit, comparing that to the contents of the folder she brought. ITF is a body, while IT (Industrial Attachment) is for interns/SIWES, etc.

Babe said they are all the same thing. I simply left her there, went to the document control room and carried the right folder for my job. No time abeg
ceeroh:
In as much as jobs are truly scarce, how many graduates are employable? I have witnessed first hand the problems involved in filling just a role. You will search and search, interview until your mouth bends to one side. Yet, you can't get a suitable candidate. Most of them don't know nada. They just carry papers around (certificates) while they're empty upstairs.

They'll gather different certifications but can't handle a simple office task, very clumsy, disorganized and always absent minded.

All in all, we should try to develop ourselves all-round so when the opportunity comes, we would be ready to prove ourselves.

1 Like

Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by Frezhkid10(m): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2019
wallisdon:
Your number 4 is the bomb. You need a very strong connection to get a good job in Nigeria.Hence,the only available job you can get in our Nigeria is a job who's salary is less than 40k.
...lies...am presently working at Nestle Nig. Where am being paid 200k and I knew no one before getting the job..just applied online like every other person and went for series of test and interviews..
Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by Stayraptured(m): 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2019
You know you just said the truth but out of ignorance they would come after you, certificate and degree won't feed you or give you job it your skill so you have to start developing yourself like your life depends on it
ceeroh:

Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2019
bamasite:
My dear.

Yesterday, I told a new hire(a young beautiful female graduate that is paid almost 1xxk) to bring me the file for ITF.

Babe went and brought me a file clearly labeled IT (Industrial attachment)

I told the babe that it is the wrong file. Babe argued that it is the same thing. I tried to correct her by showing her the letter we got for ITF audit, comparing that to the contents of the folder she brought. ITF is a body, while IT (Industrial Attachment) is for interns/SIWES, etc.

Babe said they are all the same thing. I simply left her there, went to the document control room and carried the right folder for my job. No time abeg

Imagine! And they'd continue arguing with you.
Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2019
Sirafoy:
Sir, I disagree that many graduates are unemployable. This is just rubish statement from old people that destroyed our economy to cover up their actions. How will you be expecting someone with no/little idea of a particular thing to be a superman. You have to develop them to become what you want.

No need to argue with you. Do a random sampling.

Whenever you have time, pick 100 graduates at random and interview them for a particular role most preferably an entry-level role. Then come back here to tell me your observation.

My brother, what I'm telling you is the truth. Applicants would leave you frustrated. And most times, firms end up recruiting the wrong fit for the job. The only thing we're good at is trending and trolling on Instagram/Twitter.
Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by Golden75(m): 1:08pm On Nov 09, 2019
after reading alot of comments here, I draft my conclusion, Majority of Nigerian graduate are suffering from what I called primitive sense of reasoning, we expected what works for our four fathers so many years ago to work for us also. I used to tell anyone who care to listen, d only thing dat will always remain constant in life change, when things changes,we ve to flow with the change also, Iz no more news dat our government has failed,dat there is little job out there, dat there are millions of graduates out there, and d little jobs comes with alot of conditions, like who re u? what do u have to offer dats special ,and so on,...u come from a low/average family and u don't have anything special to offer, yet u believe since u ve ur certificate, u re guy 2 go, LOL my brother think.twice or else u will b left blaming others for ur predicament day in day out

1 Like

Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by Lamanii22(f): 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2019
mascot345:
Nice write up. All the works I got were from directors. The last one is paying me 320k every month. No 4 is correct.

Let me be your P.A na
Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by eniorisha(m): 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2019
mascot345:
Nice write up. All the works I got were from directors. The last one is paying me 320k every month. No 4 is correct.

Could you connect me? I'm willing to relocate, pls

I hold a B.A in English Education. Probably u may av some connection in d education sector: private or public sector. My digits: 08182896938
Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by kemkol(f): 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
ehinmowo:

It's obvious that you don't really understand your job as HR. Perhaps, you not HR at all. It's is outright stupidity on anybody to say a Nigerian graduate cannot comprehend (not those that went to Ghana and Benin though).

Most times people apply for fields that are different from their course of study. They obviously need some adjustment period or training, even if they have been working before. Switching from one company to another in the same industry, requires some adjustments, let alone switch to another industry.

I have heard this stupidity been spoken by even the so called politicians.

I could remember my first TV interview. I was stuttering. Meanwhile, I am VERY Sound. I can bet anything that some of those people you are calling dull will beat you hands down on head-to-head level.

If We put the searchlight on you now and calculate your labour efficiency, we could be shocked.

Why do you guys always look down on people that graduated from Benin or Ghana? I graduated from Benin Republic and I can bodly say that I am better than most Nigerian graduates. If Nigerian schools are to adopt the examination structure of the school I went to, most will not even graduates. When I was interning at Lagos State Government with other Nigerian students, I discovered most are dumb. Especially when I now got to service. Don't generalise please. It depends on the mindset of the student. Just so you know, my school went on a debate competition with other African universities where Unilorin and Unilag came to represent Nigeria and they didn't even get to top 10. My school came second in the competition. Google Les Cours Sonou University.
Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by ehinmowo: 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2019
kemkol:

Why do you guys always look down on people that graduated from Benin or Ghana? I graduated from Benin Republic and I can bodly say that I am better than most Nigerian graduates. If Nigerian schools are to adopt the examination structure of the school I went to, most will not even graduates. When I was interning at Lagos State Government with other Nigerian students, I discovered most are dumb. Especially when I now got to service. Don't generalise please. It depends on the mindset of the student. Just so you know, my school went on a debate competition with other African universities where Unilorin and Unilag came to represent Nigeria and they didn't even get to top 10. My school came second in the competition. Google Les Cours Sonou University.

ok. Thank you for schooling me in this regard. The images from those countries have been that of certificate forgery and so on.
Re: 4 Great Places To Look For A Job by nengibo: 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2020
Frezhkid10:
...lies...am presently working at Nestle Nig. Where am being paid 200k and I knew no one before getting the job..just applied online like every other person and went for series of test and interviews..
I thought they pay higher than that, are you an engineer?

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / How I Stay Awake At Work During My Night Shifts / Apply For Ongoing Irokotv Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.