Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Star Times Dish Vs Antenna - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Star Times Dish Vs Antenna (6338 Views)

Star Times: Free To Air Stations Has Been Monitized, Including NTA, Sporty TV / Star Times Gradually Dieing? / Star Times App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 09, 2019
Hello Nairalanders,

Please, I wish to make an inquiry. Startimes Combo decoder can work with both the dish and the antenna. From what I hear, full subscription for the dish is N3,800/month, while that for the antenna is N1,900. What are the outstanding differences between both?

1. Does the dish repeat programs unnecessarily like the antenna?
2. How about program quality?

Thank you.

Cc:
Lalasticlala
UjSizzle
Briareos
prof800

Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
Bro they are the sane both for subscription and programs.. It all depends on the bouquet you are on... Ordinary V shape TV antenna that they sell for 200 naira will give you the same channels as the dish and antenna

1 Like

Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2019
kallmemrB:
Bro they are the sane both for subscription and programs.. It all depends on the bouquet you are on... Ordinary V shape TV antenna that they sell for 200 naira will give you the same channels as the dish and antenna
Thank you bro. For the antenna, the classic subscription is N1,900 while the Super bouquet is N3,800 for the dish. Some channels like Irokotv are on the dish but not on the antenna, so I was just wondering...
Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 09, 2019
MasterRahl:

Thank you bro. For the antenna, the classic subscription is N1,900 while the Super bouquet is N3,800 for the dish. Some channels like Irokotv are on the dish but not on the antenna, so I was just wondering...
the super is also available on Antenna...

1 Like

Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Dantedasz(m): 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
MasterRahl:

I use the dish and I have never seen Irokotv on it and I pay N3,800 every month.
Irokotv is actually n Dstv as ROK,ROK2 and ROK3.

1 Like

Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by edoairways: 10:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
Dstv has persuaded iroko to move it's stations to their platform while they abandon star times

1 Like

Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 10, 2019
Dantedasz:

I use the dish and I have never seen Irokotv on it and I pay N3,800 every month.
Irokotv is actually n Dstv as ROK,ROK2 and ROK3.
Thank you bro. So you say it ain't worth it?
Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 10, 2019
edoairways:
Dstv has persuaded iroko to move it's stations to their platform while they abandon star times
That's serious! I never knew. So startimes with dish isn't worth it?
Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Dantedasz(m): 5:53am On Nov 10, 2019
MasterRahl:
Thank you bro. So you say it ain't worth it?

Dstv is by far better content. I only subscribe to Startimes because of the Europa league football matches for which they have the exclusive rights.

While I have criticized Dstv for their monopolistic,money grabbing tendencies,their content and package is far ahead of Startimes. However Startimes is ahead in their stability in bad weather. In rain storms the Startimes broadcast is stable most times while Dstv content disappears at the slightest hint of rainfall.
So the ball is in your court depending on what your viewing priorities are based on.

1 Like

Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by edoairways: 8:45am On Nov 10, 2019
MasterRahl:
That's serious! I never knew. So startimes with dish isn't worth it?
No it isn't. Most of the interesting movies are on dstv

1 Like

Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by edoairways: 8:46am On Nov 10, 2019
Dantedasz:

Dstv is by far better content. I only subscribe to Startimes because of the Europa league football matches for which they have the exclusive rights.

While I have criticized Dstv for their monopolistic,money grabbing tendencies,their content and package is far ahead of Startimes. However Startimes is ahead in their stability in bad weather. In rain storms the Startimes broadcast is stable most times while Dstv content disappears at the slightest hint of rainfall.
So the ball is in your court depending on what your viewing priorities are based on.
You are correct
Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 10, 2019
edoairways:

No it isn't. Most of the interesting movies are on dstv
Thanks bro
Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 10, 2019
Dantedasz:

Thank you for taking time to explain this to me. I'm not really a movie guy sha as I rarely have the time. And I'm single so it's not like I have a family to watch DStv. Lol.
But all in all, DStv is cool. But spending ₦15k+ on subscription (premium) doesn't sound interesting. Hahahaha. Maybe I'll just get it anyway.
Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Dantedasz(m): 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
MasterRahl:
Thank you for taking time to explain this to me. I'm not really a movie guy sha as I rarely have the time. And I'm single so it's not like I have a family to watch DStv. Lol.
But all in all, DStv is cool. But spending ₦15k+ on subscription (premium) doesn't sound interesting. Hahahaha. Maybe I'll just get it anyway.

As I explained,it depends on your priorities/interests and your budget. I subscribe to Dstv compact plus at 10650. I also subscribe to Startimes premium at 3800.
I do this because I am a football person. It is a hole in my budget in these harsh Buhari times but watching sports in particular football is a hobby I developed over the years. Good luck as you make your choice. wink

1 Like

Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
Dantedasz:

As I explained,it depends on your priorities/interests and your budget. I subscribe to Dstv compact plus at 10650. I also subscribe to Startimes premium at 3800.
I do this because I am a football person. It is a hole in my budget in these harsh Buhari times but watching sports in particular football is a hobby I developed over the years. Good luck as you make your choice. wink
Yeah. I may just give out my Startimes and get the DStv or maybe just get the dish & continue using Startimes. It depends....
Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2019
MasterRahl:
Yeah. I may just give out my Startimes and get the DStv or maybe just get the dish & continue using Startimes. It depends....
due to my schedules am only at home during the weekend so I do subscribe to the daily plan that last me thru the weekend so don't throw out ur startime yet.. It has some values

1 Like

Re: Star Times Dish Vs Antenna by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2019
kallmemrB:
due to my schedules am only at home during the weekend so I do subscribe to the daily plan that last me thru the weekend so don't throw out ur startime yet.. It has some values
Thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

Website To Download Nollywood Movies English & Yoruba Play / Download Jide Jendo Part 2 Latest Yoruba Movie 2020 / Need A Link For The Movie "Phone Swap"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.