Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Suggestions For A Protein Diet Needed Apart From Beans - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Suggestions For A Protein Diet Needed Apart From Beans (1038 Views)

Apart From Rice, Beans, Swallow & Indomie/Spaghetti, Whatelse Do You Eat? / Food With Protein Apart From Beans In Nigeria / How To Avoid Heartburn From Beans Porridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestions For A Protein Diet Needed Apart From Beans by throwawaytwin: 8:21am On Nov 10, 2019
I want to embark on a non-carbohydrate diet but I'm having difficulty finding anything apart from beans, moi-moi and àkàrà.

I would appreciate suggestions from the food experts in the house, on high protein nigerian meals.

Thanks guys.
Re: Suggestions For A Protein Diet Needed Apart From Beans by kunleweb: 8:26am On Nov 10, 2019
Foods made from Wheat are high in protein and fibre.

Mix your diets with proteinous foods like milk, eggs, yoghurt that contain high amounts of protein.
Re: Suggestions For A Protein Diet Needed Apart From Beans by KINGreignn: 8:37am On Nov 10, 2019
throwawaytwin:
I want to embark on a non-carbohydrate diet but I'm having difficulty finding anything apart from beans, moi-moi and àkàrà.

I would appreciate suggestions from the food experts in the house, on high protein nigerian meals.

Thanks guys.

Groundnut soup with wheat.
Re: Suggestions For A Protein Diet Needed Apart From Beans by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
SUPERPACK please add to the whatsapp group
Re: Suggestions For A Protein Diet Needed Apart From Beans by Ebonygirl1(f): 3:10pm On Nov 14, 2019
throwawaytwin:

Thanks guys.
I think the protein in akara is destroyed when it is subjected to high level of heat when frying.

If you can afford animal protein in the form of different meats, you can try that. Or protein powder to make a protein drink.
Re: Suggestions For A Protein Diet Needed Apart From Beans by Sultan5(m): 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ebonygirl1:

I think the protein in akara is destroyed when it is subjected to high level of heat when frying.

If you can afford animal protein in the form of different meats, you can try that. Or protein powder to make a protein drink.

Just a quick correction tho.

Protein arnt destroyed by heat they only get denatured which simply means they lose their biological structures. But the amino acids which make up the protein are still very much preserved and ready to be digested and absorbed by the body.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Who Still Remember These? Good Old Memories. / Fresh, Soft & Roasted: That's How I Like Corn (Photo) / Meatless Jollof Rice By A Broke Nigger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.