Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul (4481 Views)

The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 10, 2019
Please help and read to the end, your little comment might save a depressed soul.

I finished NYSC early this year and moved in with my brother who is a site engineer in Lagos, I tried all I can to secure a job after my NYSC but mother luck is not smiling on me

After so many month of fruitless search, my brother and I concluded that we should open a business in which I will be in charge, my estimate of the business requires at least 400k for a start, my brother transferred 200k to me in late August and asked me to keep it until we get the remaining money for the business, but things were hard a little bit since then and he couldn't comes up with any other money

Week before last week my phone started one of his usual problem and I had to take it to an engineer for repair ( I have been using the phone for more than 3 years) after spending 2k on the phone the problem disappeared only to returns 3 days later

Due to the problem the phone is giving me a thought came to my mind last week Tuesday that I should use 20k out of the money with me to stake on 2 odds and use the profits to get my self a new phone

I never knew I was putting my self in a trouble that I will continue to regret for the rest of my life, I staked 20k on the champions league games of Tuesday with an expected return of 50k but Barcelona been the early kick off game spoiled it, I was frustrated and in a bid of winning back the lost 20k I lost another 20k that same Tuesday night.

Since then I have been staking trying to win the money back but everytime I keep loosing, I used the last 50k of the money to bets on 4odds yesterday and Napoli later spoiled it.

Since yesterday night I have been depressed I couldn't sleep throughout, a lot of thought have came to my minds

I have thought of Suicide but I couldn't afford to bring my mother to that much agony of loosing me

I thought of running away from house leaving my brother a note of the main reason why I left and why they shouldn't bother looking for me, but my mother also came to my mind, I couldn't afford to send the poor woman to an early grave we are the only ones she has been looking upto since she lost her husband in January this year, loosing me again can bring her sudden death.

I knew I am cursed and I have made a mistake that will continue hunting me for the rest of my life but I don't want to make another one.

Pls your little advice can go a long way in saving this depressed soul.

Cc: lalasticlala
Cc: Dominique
Cc: mynd44
Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by DonBenny77(m): 8:55am On Nov 10, 2019
grin grin grin
Your mumu pass my mumu jor!
No guts no glory.....

25 Likes

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Pubichairs(m): 8:59am On Nov 10, 2019
Mehn..using that money .to travel to even Panya for greener pasture would have been better..

I believe u have learnt ur lesson the hard way...

The day I almost fell into the gutter because of virtual bet..since then I cancelled anything betting and gambling

Go sort ur self out..mother4ker

11 Likes

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by healthserve(m): 8:59am On Nov 10, 2019
My goodness
Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by nero2face: 9:01am On Nov 10, 2019
well, that's de big lesson u have to learn, always work for ur money, don't wait for lucks, lucks may come, but never wait for it as a means to survive, it's a costly mistake u have made, ur brother will be disappointed, he trusted u but u failed him, just look for any little thing u can be doing even if it's doing labour jobs, while things take shape, success to u brother

1 Like

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by bdchange(m): 9:04am On Nov 10, 2019
Gambling or betting is greediness in making fast money without much effort. Forget about this useless depression you are talking about because people have been in worst situations and they live. Look for a job and start it no matter how little it is and see yourself being lifted up in no time. Nobody brings success to this world, it was made here and I am making mine right now.so nothing stops you from making yours with diligence, focus, smartness and hardwork.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by seunlayi(m): 9:09am On Nov 10, 2019
I will still blame this country leadership for this before blaming you for your impatient. The rate of unemployment needs to be checked even entrepreneura are falling by the way side every minutes.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 10, 2019
Please help me push to front-page, more comments are needed

Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Cutehector(m): 9:13am On Nov 10, 2019
I think you need some serious cane. That's the only help you can get to remove that demon of betting from you

9 Likes

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 10, 2019
depressedsoul01:

Please help, how do I tell him, I am just confused, I don't know what to do
Please help and read to the end, your little comment might save a depressed soul.

I finished NYSC early this year and moved in with my brother who is a site engineer in Lagos, I tried all I can to secure a job after my NYSC but mother luck is not smiling on me

After so many month of fruitless search, my brother and I concluded that we should open a business in which I will be in charge, my estimate of the business requires at least 400k for a start, my brother transferred 200k to me in late August and asked me to keep it until we get the remaining money for the business, but things were hard a little bit since then and he couldn't comes up with any other money

Week before last week my phone started one of his usual problem and I had to take it to an engineer for repair ( I have been using the phone for more than 3 years) after spending 2k on the phone the problem disappeared only to returns 3 days later

Due to the problem the phone is giving me a thought came to my mind last week Tuesday that I should use 20k out of the money with me to stake on 2 odds and use the profits to get my self a new phone

I never knew I was putting my self in a trouble that I will continue to regret for the rest of my life, I staked 20k on the champions league games of Tuesday with an expected return of 50k but Barcelona been the early kick off game spoiled it, I was frustrated and in a bid of winning back the lost 20k I lost another 20k that same Tuesday night.

Since then I have been staking trying to win the money back but everytime I keep loosing, I used the last 50k of the money to bets on 4odds yesterday and Napoli later spoiled it.

Since yesterday night I have been depressed I couldn't sleep throughout, a lot of thought have came to my minds

I have thought of Suicide but I couldn't afford to bring my mother to that much agony of loosing me

I thought of running away from house leaving my brother a note of the main reason why I left and why they shouldn't bother looking for me, but my mother also came to my mind, I couldn't afford to send the poor woman to an early grave we are the only ones she has been looking upto since she lost her husband in January this year, loosing me again can bring her sudden death.

I knew I am cursed and I have made a mistake that will continue hunting me for the rest of my life but I don't want to make another one.

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 10, 2019
How do I tell him, I am just Confused please help
Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by cassidy1996(m): 9:28am On Nov 10, 2019
hmmmm.. I don't in anyway support gambling. stake what you can afford to lose. I nor dey stake pass 100# I do it for fun. just take heart and move on
Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by kestolove95(m): 9:32am On Nov 10, 2019
Just go and die
Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by healthserve(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2019
depressedsoul01:
How do I tell him, I am just Confused please help

Tell them you lost the money. Simple.
Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Nigga44: 10:12am On Nov 10, 2019
Jeez shocked
Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by mrssomebody(f): 10:16am On Nov 10, 2019
This story is not true right? embarassed if not u are on your own o grin

5 Likes

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by DonBenny77(m): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2019
Oya make I pity you small
go borrow money to stake make I give you 9.0 fixed odds
Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:22am On Nov 10, 2019
depressedsoul01:

Scatter everything by telling your brother you got scammed by a ponsi scheme. You were simply trying to help him double the money.
But guy, you don't know when to stop ooo. 8 have been there before and I know exactly how you got here.
One thing I'm grateful to God for in my life is how he totally rescued me from gambling. I never thought I'll survive the addiction.
Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Oriyomin25(m): 11:28am On Nov 10, 2019
What advice do u need again? You should have advice urself b4 staking. he'd be mad and prolly lock u out and then you will have to move on.
Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Richy4(m): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2019
How would you manage a business assuming you were in charge of it if u will be making poor decisions all the time?
Though I don't think there's anything wrong with gambling. If I say there is, I wIll be a big time hypocrite because there are lots of people making it through speculation using , Futures or Options market... That is also gambling..but when next u wanna gamble make sure it's your money.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2019
Use coconut wash ur head.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by uboma(m): 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hahaha.

Gambling is addictive and never leads to true success.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Acidosis(m): 2:06pm On Nov 10, 2019
Since your mother is the reason you won't take any s!lly step, I would advise you report yourself to your mother ASAP. She knows the right words to tell your brother. Don't think of going back to your brother though, at least not immediately.

7 Likes

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by MedicH: 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ppl like u are just destined to be poor and miserable till death. U blew away 200k someone gave u while me self became a millionaire before I left school from earning 5$ from my first task on fiverr. See eeh u are empty and I advice ppl when u pray for a child try and be specific. Just go to the village and start farming on some piece of land let the toughness of tilling land be ur penance. You deserve no form of help or pity.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by fayded(m): 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:
Just go and die
coming from someone who's already dejected and left behind by the world. I'm not surprised.
Even if he commits suicide and dies today,he is still better than you. wretched thing.

open, take heart. Shit happens. just suck it up and move on. you'll find a way. I'm sure of that

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by fayded(m): 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:
Just go and die
coming from someone who's already dejected and left behind by the world. I'm not surprised.
Even if he commits suicide and dies today,he is still better than you. wretched thing.

op, take heart. Shit happens. just suck it up and move on. you'll find a way. I'm sure of that

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by ifyalways(f): 4:45pm On Nov 10, 2019
I knew it must be Bet people. Shioooor.

I hope your brother sells you, Your phone, clothes and everything you have to recover part of his money. You can go sleep at the Bet shop.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2019
ifyalways:
I knew it must be Bet people. Shioooor.

I hope your brother sells you, Your phone, clothes and everything you have to recover part of his money. You can go sleep at the Bet shop.
I asked for an advice please, if you can't kindly ignore, I have made a mistake and I am ready to face the consequence

1 Like

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 10, 2019
fayded:

op, take heart. Shit happens. just suck it up and move on. you'll find a way. I'm sure of that
Thank you brother, I am ready to face any consequence it will bring, I just need advice on how to tell him, or if I shouldn't but find a way of getting the money back
Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2019
MedicH:
Ppl like u are just destined to be poor and miserable till death. U blew away 200k someone gave u while me self became a millionaire before I left school from earning 5$ from my first task on fiverr. See eeh u are empty and I advice ppl when u pray for a child try and be specific. Just go to the village and start farming on some piece of land let the toughness of tilling land be ur penance. You deserve no form of help or pity.
Thank you for this but believe me this is a trying time and I know I will surely be over it.

Mind you I am not a regular or heavy gambler, just don't know what came over me. all I need is advice on what to do next

1 Like

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2019
Acidosis:

Since your mother is the reason you won't take any s!lly step, I would advise you report yourself to your mother ASAP. She knows the right words to tell your brother. Don't think of going back to your brother though, at least not immediately.
Thank you brother, this is my best option for now, I just couldn't face my mother when I knew I have disappointed her

4 Likes

Re: I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul by mrjojo: 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2019
You should be out on the street trying to at least get someone's sweat and blood back, There are laborer jobs everywhere, better get to it. It even a good thing your innocent brother hasn't invested the full amount for the business, now he will know the kind of person you are. If you had access to more funds, you would have kept going.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Your Sleeping Position Says About Your Relationship / Can We Use Omo Detergent To Bath New Born Babies? / What Should I Do About My In Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.