Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman (66484 Views)

The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy / 12 Contrasting attitudes Many Nigerian Men Exhibit In Marriage.Right or Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Dyt(f): 11:49am On May 22, 2020
Never ever
I mean never settle for an entitled man

angry angry angry

165 Likes 12 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Amanee(f): 11:55am On May 22, 2020
Ok

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by ahnie: 12:24pm On May 22, 2020
Dyt:
Never ever

angry angry angry
What's the occasion dyt,?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Dyt(f): 12:48pm On May 22, 2020
I SAID WHAT I SAID AND Y'ALL SHOULD STAY OFF MY MENTION
IF YOU ARE SO DUMB TO UNDERSTAND, THAT'S Y'ALL PROBLEM AND NOT MINE

IF YOU DON'T AGREE, SAY/WRITE YOURS AND WAKA PASS

DON'T COMAN STRESS ME PLEASE

ahnie:

What's the occasion dyt,?

Hormones I guess
cheesy cheesy grin

How you been pretty woman?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by ahnie: 12:49pm On May 22, 2020
Dyt:

Hormones I guess
cheesy cheesy grin

How you been pretty woman?
I'm doing excellently great...and you?
Congratulations ma'am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Coborona: 1:19pm On May 22, 2020
Dyt:
Never ever

angry angry angry

I was expecting something better than this

Entitled man?

Come on... It's the other way round

I'm not disputing that there are entitled men..

But more women act entitled

Right from dating... Most Naija ladies to be specific start asking for money to fix hair, to buy phone...
Money that they can't ask their fathers
They were not there when he was hustling, just toasting a Naija babe alone. She starts feeling entitled... I need money for subscription....I want to fix this.... If you shut her down... She starts giving you attitude

I laff, is this is the best counter thread y'all can come up with? this thread is a failure at best, like shooting yourself in the leg or scoring an own goal grin grin

Dead on arrival

Spits*

1167 Likes 121 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by sisisioge: 1:20pm On May 22, 2020
Ohsey!

I would say never ever settle for an undiagnosed low esteemed unintelligent guy. It is much better to resolve low esteem issues when one is aware and willing to improve.

Also avoid narcist like a plague. These are way harder psychological issues to resolve compared to state of being broke.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 22, 2020
Bull-shiits.
This one no follow at all.
Next time think very deeply before you start to counter.

260 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 22, 2020
hmmmm
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Snaagg(m): 2:40pm On May 22, 2020
Nobody's is forcing you into marriage in the first place.

Afterall it's your gender that cry yourselves to sleep every night, embarking on intense fasting and prayer for husbands + joining Facebook groups to encourage each other in your singleness/loneliness grin

Then you start giving boyfriends ultimatum on when they must propose to you. Hahahhaha!

Na only for Nairaland una get liver. Desperados.

642 Likes 58 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 22, 2020
The biggest mistake would be to marry at all.
The biggest mistake would be to not marry at all.
The biggest mistake would bw to do as others are doing.
Just do what works for you.
But lucky is the one who was never born.

162 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by crackland: 3:56pm On May 22, 2020
Snaagg:

Afterall it's your gender that cry yourselves to sleep every night, embarking on intense fasting and prayer for husbands + joining Facebook groups to encourage each other in your singleness/loneliness grin

Then you start giving boyfriends ultimatum on when they must propose to you. Hahahhaha!

This is how to know that desperation has set in.

117 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by KingSatan: 4:19pm On May 22, 2020
Dyt:
Never ever

angry angry angry

As a man, a father and a grandfather. I have lived life to an extent and this is my view on this subject.

The previous thread was simple and concise, "Never marry a woman who has no means of income".

But that is the truth!

Gone are the days when people marry "Obiageri's" according to the Igbos.
Back then, things weren't this bad. Considering the family setting in those days, women had no other role than to cook, birth, raise children and clean the house.

So their parents prepare them for marriage, teach them how to cook, satisfy a man and raise children. They also spend alot of time grooming their hairs, taking care of their skin (Some parents send their children to fattening rooms) and waiting to get married.

When we got married, we married to keep them at home and show off to our friends. Only a few of us married because of love. Some of our partners were not our choice but our parents.

So when you marry, your wife and children should always reflect your wealth and networth. Most especially, YOUR WIFE.

I repeat, back then things were not this bad and everyone knew their roles.

But in today's world, so many things have changed.

Women should bring to the table as much as they expect from the man.

Raising children costs alot of money and shouldn't be the responsibility of the man alone.

So many marriages have crashed on the alter of poverty or "One stream of income".

We must learn to tell ourselves the truth always.

Back then, you don't spend so much to raise a child. If he or she wants to go to the community school or follow the white man's way of life, you send them as a punishment. But those humble and loyal sons, follow you to the farm and when they come of age, you give them farmlands and wives if possible. But that's not the case anymore.

Apart from formal education abroad, I also encouraged my children to learn sellable skills. One of my son is a fashion designer and that is what puts food on his table in the UK. His college degree only reflects on his call cards.

I told this to my children (Daughters inclusive) never to marry a man or woman who has no verifiable means of income.

Money is needed to run a home in the 21st century. Alot of money!

We no longer live in mud houses or drink from pots.

As for "Entitlement", I think every couple should have that mentality depending on the context.

The man is entitled to his wife's emotional commitment. She is his wife and this also applies to the man.

I am tired of typing.

To be truthful, i warned my son's against mingling with an average African woman. They simply don't want to know the truth. They hate the truth with Passion and that is why true feminism failed woefully here.

In the Diaspora, most men who want peace of mind avoid African women because of their "Entitlement Mentality" and how exploitative they are.

Many of these women don't work but enjoy proceeds of child support from numerous partners. You think it's a coincidence? No it not. It was deliberate.

They just want to seat at home, get fat, enlarge their butts and walk up and down the street like a pussy cat that resides in Buckingham Palace.

Should I talk about Nigeria, where you meet an average Nigerian lady and realise that;

1. She is a college graduate because a "Man" sponsored her in school (Both of them are no longer together as a couple).

2. She has a roof over her head because a "Man" made that available (She has no intention of marrying him).

3. She uses the best smartphone because a "Man" bought it for her (Just another random man).

4. She has clothes on her body because a "Man" gave her money for shopping (Obviously he is "One of those mugus"wink.

5. She has food on her table because so many men send her money.

This same woman has no other skill but sexual skills. The only thing she can offer is "Sexual Intercourse", "Birthing Children" and "Companionship" but she expects the man to "Mark her birthdays with a brand new Escalade", "Buy her parents a new house and train her younger ones in school". Is that not exploitation?

This same woman hates her mother inlaw because she sees her as her rival. Anyway, women have always hated themselves from time immemorial, don't get moved when you see them shout in solidarity, it's just for a few seconds.

When asked about their contribution in the relationship or Marriage, some will say "I birthed children for him". But that's your natural default woman!

Even if you sleep with a sexually active mad man, you will get pregnant and birth for him.

Some will even say, "I satisfy him sexually. I gave him my body and soul". But that is same thing you did with your numerous ex lovers.

According to Pastor Sam Adeyemi, he said "If a woman does not help her husband financially, then how else does she want to help him".

In this age and time, it takes two adults who have a verifiable means of income to build a healthy family.

Cheers!

1362 Likes 330 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Snaagg(m): 7:16pm On May 22, 2020
crackland:

This is how to know that desperation has set in.

grin
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Greatzeus(m): 9:15pm On May 22, 2020
Entitled men? Wow that's new undecided

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by 2buffagain(m): 11:20pm On May 22, 2020
Dyt:
Never ever

angry angry angry

Dyt baby whats up? tongue
It's been ages.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nobody: 12:06am On May 23, 2020
Nigerian women act more entitled to shit than men tho...

The average Nigerian acts very entitled but it’s more strife among the female folks.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by abbiboy: 3:46am On May 23, 2020
Dyt have u read..a bad choice of counter attack,the reverse is the case!

16 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by KingSatan: 4:03am On May 23, 2020
sad

Lalasticlala and Mynd44, please take to front-page so others can have their say on this subject.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:29am On May 23, 2020
Not true@@#$

@Manna below me slow die ��
Dude still hasn't gotten a clue
Keep reading

O no! Dude modified the comment

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:29am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

According to Pastor Sam Adeyemi, he said "If a woman does not help her husband financially, then how else does she want to help him".
Nairaland : A house of comedy and surprises.
Person wey call himself King Satan (out of all the usenames/moniker in the world!) copy and paste so tey, Satan even copy and quote Pastor Sam Adeyemi! grin cheesy wink
Person wey dey abuse God his creator 24/7 shocked
Nairaland : Never a dull moment! cheesy

Dyt:
Never ever

angry angry angry
We concur!
One of us @[/b] (Sisi Yewande) absolutely concur with this.
Just look at her shaking her head in agreement at the moment! wink

[b]Anyone Wanna know the characteristics of an entitled man that Dyt is talking about?!

igbowoman:
The worst of all is an insecure man especially a short ugly insecure man without money.
Hehehehe cheesy grin, igbowoman has spoken, she just break d table patapata.
And she is so apt!
But a quick question please, what about if he is short and ugly but come get money like Dangote?!

Igbo kwenu! grin wink wink

igbowoman:
A short ugly man with money is still preferred even his apparatus no dey work
Chai!
Ewoooo shocked
Madam kuku destroy the table finish! cheesy

Nwanne, ego di nma
......but 95% of ladies will disagree with you sha.
Na dat apparatus gangan dem want lipsrsealed
Apparatus of life!
Nothing fit replace am! tongue

igbowoman:

A man's beauty is his wallet
Nma Nwoke
End of Discussion.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by manontree: 4:29am On May 23, 2020
Rubbish. Marriage is this, marriage is that yet week in week out thousands are getting married. Am I missing something here? If it's that bad why are thousands or even millions getting married. Social media has swamped the institution to the extent that the few bad cases are highlighted and scorned making people think marriage is hell

It is not. Simply marry with no intention to scam your spouse. It is a continuous work in progress for both and approach it with the spirit of give and take and NOT me me me

Also make sure you do not jump into marriage with anyone that catches your fancy. Avoid using looks, wealth and dress sense as a basis which a lot of ladies live and hang by. Character trumps all these. Marry someone with good character and every other would be added onto you

Finally what you expect from your spouse, be that character first

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Dididrumz(m): 4:29am On May 23, 2020
It goes both ways

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Parisian: 4:30am On May 23, 2020
Lol
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Kingspin(m): 4:30am On May 23, 2020
Some men are afraid of marriage today because of the attitude of our new era girls.

Our women sees marriage as a business opportunity and a way to escape poverty, and if you are not providing them heaven and earth they tag you.

After spending most of their era in fashion and relationship contest for satisfactory lifestyle.
Now, is time to settle down they set 7 point agenda for men.

Dear Men if you get the real women hold her tight they are a rare commodity nowadays.

Ladies hear this the World has changed seriously and it will be in the interest of both men and women to assist each other.

*Edited*

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Sanative: 4:31am On May 23, 2020
shocked
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Lexusgs430: 4:31am On May 23, 2020
Dyt:
Never ever

angry angry angry

You enter trap be that .......

Most especially men that still have crude mentalities and mostly avoid those that would attempt to use bible passages, to subdue their wives........

8 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Ent3rpreneur(m): 4:31am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

As a man, a father and a grandfather. I have lived life to an extent and this is my view on this subject.

The previous thread was simple and concise, "Never marry a woman who has no means of income".

But that is the truth!

Gone are the days when people marry "Obiageri's" according to the Igbos.
Back then, things weren't this bad. Considering the family setting in those days, women had no other role than to cook, birth, raise children and clean the house.

So their parents prepare them for marriage, teach them how to cook, satisfy a man and raise children. They also spend alot of time grooming their hairs, taking care of their skin (Some parents send their children to fattening rooms) and waiting to get married.

When we got married, we married to keep them at home and show off to our friends. Only a few of us married because of love. Some of our partners were not our choice but our parents.

So when you marry, your wife and children should always reflect your wealth and networth. Most especially, YOUR WIFE.

I repeat, back then things were not this bad and everyone knew their roles.

To be truthful, i warned my son's against mingling with an average African woman. They simply don't want to know the truth. They hate the truth with Passion and that is why true feminism failed woefully here.

In the Diaspora, most men who want peace of mind avoid African women because of their "Entitlement Mentality" and how exploitative they are.

Many of these women don't work but enjoy proceeds of child support from numerous partners. You think it's a coincidence? No it not. It was deliberate.

They just want to seat at home, get fat, enlarge their butts and walk up and down the street like a pussy cat that resides in Buckingham Palace.

[b] Should I talk about Nigeria, where you meet an average Nigerian lady and realise that;

1. She is a college graduate because a "Man" sponsored her in school (Both of them are no longer together as a couple).

2. She has a roof over her head because a "Man" made that available (She has no intention of marrying him).

3. She uses the best smartphone because a "Man" bought it for her (Just another random man).

4. She has clothes on her body because a "Man" gave her money for shopping (Obviously he is "One of those mugus"wink.

5. She has food on her table because so many men send her money.

This same woman has no other skill but sexual skills. The only thing she can offer is "Sexual Intercourse", "Birthing Children" and "Companionship" but she expects the man to "Mark her birthdays with a brand new Escalade", "Buy her parents a new house and train her younger ones in school". Is that not exploitation?

This same woman hates her mother inlaw because she sees her as her rival. Anyway, women have always hated themselves from time immemorial, don't get moved when you see them shout in solidarity, it's just for a few seconds.

When asked about their contribution in the relationship or Marriage, some will say "I birthed children for him". But that's your natural default woman! [/b]

Even if you sleep with a sexually active mad man, you will get pregnant and birth for him.

Some will even say, "I satisfy him sexually. I gave him my body and soul". But that is same thing you did with your numerous ex lovers.

In this age and time, it takes two adults who have a verifiable means of income to build a healthy family.

Cheers!

See, boss, i dont know you from Adam, but this is the truth and i'm going to write this out, and hang it in a public space where women can look at what they have reduced themselves to and how majority of people see them because it's disgusting.
One bottle of your favorite brand.
Bar man!!!!! grin

Snaagg:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You dey mind them?

Entitled things. See the i.mbecile two posts below me already spewing trash.
Honestly, these females don cast finish and na only simps, virgins and konjified individuals that still give them relevance.
Somebody that her only function is to open her smelling, infected kpekus and later turn around and say, "after all i did for you", BITCH, WHAT DID YOU DO?
ARE YOU MAD

134 Likes 14 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nobody: 4:31am On May 23, 2020
These days, women have nothing to offer. Facts.

They are lower wage earners, dependent on men, have biological clocks that stop working at early 40s, broke, have babies from other men, little to no skills, etc. The list goes on and on.

As a man, you have the world at your feet. Never settle for any woman. The only women you should settle for is the woman who has capital assets and can back you up financially and mentally in hard times. Besides that, my broda, stay on your own. If body scratch you, look for one smallie on social media and scratch your itch and dispose of her afterwards.

My brothers, your time is now. Up your hustle and make money. No time for these empty barrels with dirty weave, smelly leggings, and filthy push up bras.

My brother hustle o.

166 Likes 21 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by igbowoman: 4:31am On May 23, 2020
The worst of all is an insecure man especially a short ugly insecure man without money.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Viral Picture Of Mother And Her Daughters. Can You Spot The Mum? / Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) / Husband Said He Is No Longer Gonna Make Out With His Wife Cos The Vagina Is Lax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.