Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,320 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:32 PM

Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). (1179 Views)

It Is Wrong For A Woman To Respect Her Husband — Apostle Okose (pics,video) / Is It Wrong For A Woman To Initiate Conjugal Act In Marriage? / Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by georgemarcus(m): 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
There is this my friend who ahs been dating this his girlfriend for almost a year now..truth be told they loved each other and never intended to marry though. But things got serious between them and this dude has came out serious to tell this JW lady to marry him and she has mad love for this but fear what her dad and her denomination would have to say, especially the elders in the JW shocked. To cut the long story short, its quite unfortunate that JW lady is 8weeks pregnant for this my friend and she said she didnt want to abort just becos she fears something might happen to her, while my man is kicking against abortion already and want the lady to announce to her dad about her present condition and that he is ready to go knocking at their anytime any day he is wanted. This lady had JW boyfriend earlier before he met this my friend, and things didnt work out between them because she claimed they young abandoned her to her suffering after she told the guy she was pregnant and the JW guy denied that and questioned her if 'he was the only guy who was making love to her'! She cried her world out, went through the D/C all alone and she told her dad about the whole issue and the dad advised her to shun the JW dude and remain focus, but then you know as a Nigerian lady, she found love and wants to be loved too,which my dude gave her but then it was over enjoyed then pregnancy came. Now, my guy need your advise, very seriously. He fears the girl's father might disown the daughter becos he is an elder amongst the JW in his District. He fears that the whole situation might make his woman begin to think and that might affect the baby. He also thinks he should go and see the girl's father since her mum is nowhere to be found, according to her she said the dad is making plans to marry another wife, because he had issues with her mum and they've been living separately for more than 2 years now, but she is not accepting the idea. She really wants to marry the dude because she loves him, but the issue now is the dad, because she so scared that without heer father's blessing something wrong might happen in the future if she go against her dad to marry the dude without heeding to the dad's advise.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by Triniti(m): 4:10pm On Nov 11, 2019
Why’s everyone scared of the dad? The deed is done already, she’s pregnant and nothing else can change it except abortion. Both of them are ready, why are they scared if the man will reject him? when they not have told him anything? The guy should urge the lady to tell her dad about her condition. Hear from the man first, then make a decision from there.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by rottennaija(m): 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2019
... Just in case
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by rottennaija(m): 4:20pm On Nov 11, 2019
georgemarcus:
There is this my friend who ahs been dating this his girlfriend for almost a year now..truth be told they loved each other and never intended to marry though. But things got serious between them and this dude has came out serious to tell this JW lady to marry him and she has mad love for this but fear what her dad and her denomination would have to say, especially the elders in the JW shocked. To cut the long story short, its quite unfortunate that JW lady is 8weeks pregnant for this my friend and she said she didnt want to abort just becos she fears something might happen to her, while my man is kicking against abortion already and want the lady to announce to her dad about her present condition and that he is ready to go knocking at their anytime any day he is wanted. This lady had JW boyfriend earlier before he met this my friend, and things didnt work out between them because she claimed they young abandoned her to her suffering after she told the guy she was pregnant and the JW guy denied that and questioned her if 'he was the only guy who was making love to her'! She cried her world out, went through the D/C all alone and she told her dad about the whole issue and the dad advised her to shun the JW dude and remain focus, but then you know as a Nigerian lady, she found love and wants to be loved too,which my dude gave her but then it was over enjoyed then pregnancy came. Now, my guy need your advise, very seriously. He fears the girl's father might disown the daughter becos he is an elder amongst the JW in his District. He fears that the whole situation might make his woman begin to think and that might affect the baby. He also thinks he should go and see the girl's father since her mum is nowhere to be found, according to her she said the dad is making plans to marry another wife, because he had issues with her mum and they've been living separately for more than 2 years now, but she is not accepting the idea. She really wants to marry the dude because she loves him, but the issue now is the dad, because she so scared that without heer father's blessing something wrong might happen in the future if she go against her dad to marry the dude without heeding to the dad's advise.

A real love for others will chase those worries away. The thought of being punished is what makes us afraid. It shows we have not really learned to love...

Tell the girl to Marry someone who really loves her and damn the consequences. Eventually, the Dad will come around after some time.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by Mrshape: 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2019
georgemarcus:

Their is some lies in your write up
The jw guy said if he was the only one making love with her,
She told the dad, he said she should shun the jw dud.
Really just like that?
It does not work that way o.
At that moment the girl and the jw guy should be in hot soap.
And now the supposed father that supported her earlier fornication is the one they are afraid of.

Anyway if this is true
The fathers opinions is no longer necessary because he has already floped up he might even get into more trouble by hiding fornication of his daughter.

But the girl should know that last last she go collect red or yellow card.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by Janosky: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
georgemarcus:

When she was fornicating ,she didn't need her dad's advice and blessings.......
She has embarked on a course , she's an adult & must be responsible for your actions and leave JW out of it.
That girl is simply shirking the responsibilities for her actions, period!
Well ,we have ONLY heard one version of this story......
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by Janosky: 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2019
Mrshape:

Really just like that?
And now the supposed father that supported her earlier fornication is the one they are afraid of.

Anyway if this is true
The fathers opinions is no longer necessary because he has already floped up he might even get into more trouble by hiding fornication of his daughter.

The story get k-leg shaa..... I'm certain it's not the entirety of everything that actually transpired..
The OP captioned the title to stoke up anti JW sentiments here as if JWs were responsible for the course that girl has embarked on...
Las,las each one is accountable to Jehovah God for his/her actions.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by rottennaija(m): 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2019
Mrshape:

Really just like that?

Anyway if this is true

You don't even understand the writeup and yet you have already seen lies in it. Smh for you guys.

The op is speaking about w different people at different time intervals. The first was a Jw guy who got her pregnant and then abandoned her. In the writeup, the op didn't mentioned if the dad was aware of the pregnancy which is unlikely, but he told the girl to forget the Jw guy and focus on her life. The second is a guy who isn't a Jw but the girl fell in love with and she is pregnant for her.

Speaking of cover up, Jw do cover up. The ongoing child sexual abuse in different countries are as a result of cover up, even up to the highest hierarchy of the religion and they are settling millions of dollars. (if you follow my post, you would see it)

On cover up, a lot do get covered up. Fornication, drunkenness, etc. So guy, relax ook.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by Mrshape: 4:52pm On Nov 11, 2019
rottennaija:

You don't even understand the writeup and yet you have already seen lies in it. Smh for you guys.

The op is speaking about w different people at different time intervals. The first was a Jw guy who got her pregnant and then abandoned her. In the writeup, the op didn't mentioned if the dad was aware of the pregnancy which is unlikely, but he told the girl to forget the Jw guy and focus on her life. The second is a guy who isn't a Jw but the girl fell in love with and she is pregnant for her.

Speaking of cover up, Jw do cover up. The ongoing child sexual abuse in different countries are as a result of cover up, even up to the highest hierarchy of the religion and they are settling millions of dollars. (if you follow my post, you would see it)

On cover up, a lot do get covered up. Fornication, drunkenness, etc. So guy, relax ook.
Child sex abuse happens everywhere in the world, but jw don't cover it.
Not too long we studied a watchtower on what to do in case of child abuse
Everybody both children and parents studied it together around the world in more than 230 lands for good two weeks.
And their was a statement in it
That if you have ever experienced child sex abuse
You have the right to report to the authority
If the elders hear about it them go report the matter to the authority
It is not the dutiy of the elders to handle case of child sex abusers,
It is a legal/criminal issue not judicial issue

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by Janosky: 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2019
rottennaija:

Speaking of cover up, Jw do cover up.

By your own admission, your parents are JWs.
Your JW parents dey do cover up?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by rottennaija(m): 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2019
Mrshape:

Everybody both children and parents studied it together around the world in more than 230 lands for good two weeks.

What is cover up? If you learn of fornication about your friend your friend or family member, what would you do so that it's not a cover up?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by rottennaija(m): 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
Mrshape:

Yes I saw the Watchtower study that was studied in more than 230 lands. You don't even know the story of child sexual abuse in the religion and the intricacies in it.

First of all, what you don't realize is that it came a bit late, after so many victims of abuse has suffered and after watchtower has had series of litigation which has resulted in paying millions of dollars in damages to victims of abuse.

Now ask yourself, if the Watchtower wasn't covering this abuse, why were they settling victims, some even privately and with gag order (just as the Catholic Church had been doing for decades)

Second, it came because a lot of JWs had become aware of policies watchtower had that allow this abused to continue. A lot of protest had been ongoing, in kingdom halls, assembly halls, wide publicity is given to this menace that the organisation simply had to write something.

But even with the article that was studied, it still failed short of international best practices. Below is an analysis of the said Watchtower article and the stark ignorance of the Watchtower writer.

https://jwsurvey.org/child-abuse-2/love-and-justice-in-the-face-of-wickedness

Below you will find the story that of how the fight began, a story of a woman who accepted the woman worst label in the world (losing her relationship with her only child in the process) to fight for Jw children when they watchtower leadership wouldn't lift a finger to help this vulnerable ones. Read her story below..

http://watchtowerdocuments.org/life-discoveries-barbara-anderson/
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by rottennaija(m): 7:10pm On Nov 11, 2019
Janosky:

By your own admission, your parents are JWs.
Your JW parents dey do cover up?

If my dad is/was involved in any CSA case and followed the directions given by the organisation, then, yes, he is part of the cover up.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by Mrshape: 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2019
rottennaija:

If my dad is/was involved in any CSA case and followed the directions given by the organisation, then, yes, he is part of the cover up.
It is not too late you can still report your child sex abuse(CSA) case to the government, if you fill like you can get a lawyer and claim damages .

I am sorry that you went through S.A . as a child
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by rottennaija(m): 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
Mrshape:

It is not too late you can still report your child sex abuse(CSA) case to the government, if you fill like you can get a lawyer and claim damages .

I am sorry that you went through S.A . as a child

You see the problem with you JWs? You always assume issues when non exist. I was never a victim of it, okay? But if the Watchtower can openly apologise to victims who need it more, it would make more sense and go a long way to soot their wounds, don't you think so? At least, the Catholic openly apologise. We are still waiting for watchtower to also do same.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by Mrshape: 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
rottennaija:

You see the problem with you JWs? You always assume issues when non exist. I was never a victim of it, okay? But if the Watchtower can openly apologise to victims who need it more, it would make more sense and go a long way to soot their wounds, don't you think so? At least, the Catholic openly apologise. We are still waiting for watchtower to also do same.
Thanks for the discussion sir.
I stop here.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by rottennaija(m): 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2019
Mrshape:

Thanks for the discussion sir.
I stop here.

You see? That's how cover happens. Keep it in the family, don't let people hear about it. What will they say? Hussh.... Don't talk about. Eventually, the cover up.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by georgemarcus(m): 12:37am On Nov 12, 2019
Guys i think you guys have said much to buttress a point on the subject matter, but we forgot to really answer the question from the context..'Is it really wrong for a JW to marry a non witness? This lady had gone to the dad to tell him that she loves the dude and he asked if he is JW she said no and the dad told her to drop the discussion he is not interested and she never told him she is pregnant yet for this dude. Now she fears what the dad would do to her if he gets to know she is pregnant, that he might abandone her and ask her to pack out of the house. Is it really wrong for a JW to marry a non witness...whats wrong with religion in this world sef? We are too concerned about our denomination in marriage just like Deeper Life do and most churches too, they dont like to marry outside their church and Jehovah Witness do same..why? But that wasnt what the scripture said. Isnt this a huge problem to the nearest future?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by ceeceeuwa: 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2019
Na only she them they knock-up every time? She should have been more careful knowing her religious background.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by Richy4(m): 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2019
OP it seems that you have issues with paragraph..Please Have mercy on some of us who likes to read but when letters and words were clustering in one place. it's too exhausting to read.... embarassed
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by Janosky: 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2019
georgemarcus:
Guys i think you guys have said much to buttress a point on the subject matter, but we forgot to really answer the question from the context..'Is it really wrong for a JW to marry a non witness? This lady had gone to the dad to tell him that she loves the dude and he asked if he is JW she said no and the dad told her to drop the discussion he is not interested and she never told him she is pregnant yet for this dude. Now she fears what the dad would do to her if he gets to know she is pregnant, that he might abandone her and ask her to pack out of the house. Is it really wrong for a JW to marry a non witness...whats wrong with religion in this world sef? We are too concerned about our denomination in marriage just like Deeper Life do and most churches too, they dont like to marry outside their church and Jehovah Witness do same..why? But that wasnt what the scripture said. Isnt this a huge problem to the nearest future?

It seems you're getting worked up....
OP, are you the boyfriend of the said JW girl?
please come clean....

The girl already knows she has transgressed scriptural principles regarding dating and marriage, it seems that's why she's dragging her feet..... las, las.
No disclosure of wrongdoing and discipline is joyous to the recipient for the moment....
Bitter leaf no be sugar but it heals in the longterm....
Believe you me, no parents throws away their baby and the bathwater..... Full disclosure is vital for her peace of mind..
To your question,
The Pharisees believe in God and Jesus Christ followers too believe in God.
But,would Jesus Christ command his followers to marry a Pharisee?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by achorladey: 1:23am On Nov 13, 2019
Janosky:

It seems you're getting worked up....
OP, are you the boyfriend of the said JW girl?
please come clean....

The girl already knows she has transgressed scriptural principles regarding dating and marriage, it seems that's why she's dragging her feet..... las, las.
No disclosure of wrongdoing and discipline is joyous to the recipient for the moment....
Bitter leaf no be sugar but it heals in the longterm....
Believe you me, no parents throws away their baby and the bathwater..... Full disclosure is vital for her peace of mind..
To your question,
The Pharisees believe in God and Jesus Christ followers too believe in God.
But,would Jesus Christ command his followers to marry a Pharisee?

Janosky: The Pharisees believe in God and Jesus Christ followers too believe in God.

Achorladey: One would think your illustration fits not forgetting the key here is JESUS CHRIST. Leave JESUS CHRIST out of it. Perhaps your scenario will fit well had you rephrase your QUESTION like this....

(would God command Sadducees to marry the pharisees and then see what the response will be to the question raised below) after all they both believe in God.

Janosky: But,would Jesus Christ command his followers to marry a Pharisee?

Achorladey: Redeemed Christian church of God believe in Christ and Mount Zion Faith......... believe in Christ. Will Jesus Christ command Redeemed Christian church of God to marry Mount Zion Faith......?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by achorladey: 1:28am On Nov 13, 2019
Mrshape:

How many of the court cases on CAS have you seen on JWbroadcast including the ones JW are called upon to participate in a redress scheme. How many? Get your stuff right before saying nothing like cover up.

Especially the 'SOME PROFESSING SAGA' in one of the ARTICLE of the watchtower you are talking about.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Non Witness To Mary A Jehovah Witness (my Friend's Case). by Dannonye(f): 11:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
georgemarcus:

Deeper life is not like that
We emphasize on the will of God.Simple

(1) (Reply)

. / Married People, How Do You Spike Your Sex Life Again / How To Cook Real Party Jollof Rice With A Smokey Taste This New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.