Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months (32874 Views)

Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) / Kidnappers Kill Jeremiah Omolara, Winners Pastor In Kaduna, Abduct Wife / Winners Pastor Kingsley Emeka Mokwunye In Sex Scandal, Defiled An Underage Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Johnwhiteceo(f): 3:29am On Nov 12, 2019
Pastor Moses Oyeleke, a cleric with Living Faith Church (Winners Chapel), #Maiduguri, #BornoState, has regained his freedom, after six months in Boko Haram’s captivity.

The pastor and a National Youth Service Corps member, Abraham Amuta, were abducted in May, 2019, while on their way to Chibok to distribute relief items to Internally Displaced Persons and evangelize.

Oyeleke who was abducted alongside a corps member in the southern part of Borno on April 10 by Boko Haram and released on Sunday evening, said he was almost executed by the insurgents during his nearly seven-month stay in his abductors’ camp.

“My survival is an act of God. I was almost executed by the Boko Haram. They told us one day they were going to kill us but they changed their mind later,” he told our correspondent shortly after he and another teenage school girl, Ndagilaya Ibrahim Umar were handed over to the Borno government by the Department of State Service (DSS).

He, however, said the insurgents did not manhandle him. “They didn’t manhandle me; they gave me foods but often times I didn’t eat. I was always praying and fasting.

“They asked me to stop my prayers and be praying like them. I told them it is the same prayers we are doing together to same God and since it is the same God that owns all of us. So they left me,” he explained.

He also said he was always attentive anytime the insurgents preach to him and never argued with them or ask questions, a development which made one of them developed interest in him.

He disclosed that the National Youth Service (NYSC) Corps member abducted with him was still with the insurgents, calling for prayers for his release too.

While recalling how he and the corps member were kidnapped by Boko Haram, he disclosed that the incident occurred a few metres to a deserted petrol station near Bama in the central part of Borno.

“We were going to Chibok on that day and as we were approaching the bridge, few metres away from a deserted petrol, the insurgents ambushed us,” he explained. He said they were driven into Sambisa bush where he spent most part of the seven months.

Fourteen years old Ndagilaya Ibrahim Umar, said she was 13 when the insurgents abducted her. She was abducted in her village near Lassa at Askira/Uba Local Government. She was a student at the Government Science Secondary School, Askira Uba.

“I spent nine months with them (Boko Haram), ” she disclosed. She said she was neither violated nor given to any of the insurgents as was often the case with Boko Haram. “I saw some young girls being given in marriage by Boko Haram,” she said.

The release was negotiated by some local non-governmental organisations.

“We have been working hard to secure their release but thank God today they have been set free. We went through processes before we secured their release,” Kalthum Umar, founder of Kalthum Foundation for Peace said.

Borno State deputy governor, Usman Kadafur, while receiving the released victims commanded the security operatives and the local NGOs.

Our correspondent learnt that the processes for securing the release of the pastor and teenager was initiated by the state government and ransom allegedly paid to Boko Haram

According to reports, he was freed yesterday, while Abraham remains in captivity allegedly because the abductors said he is “stubborn” to them. However, he is expected to also regain his freedom in December.

After being released, Pastor Oyeleke headed to church to give praises to God and he is now safely at home.

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/11/winners-pastor-pastor-moses-oyeleke.html

9 Likes

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Johnwhiteceo(f): 3:30am On Nov 12, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Johnwhiteceo(f): 3:31am On Nov 12, 2019
Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 12, 2019
Ransome will generate fund for bokoharram..and they will adopt more christians. imagine churches and government contributing money to release influential pastor, this is totally insane

Why is the poor girl Sharibu not released?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by alonzoiv(m): 4:00am On Nov 12, 2019
The local NGO that facilitated their release should be closely monitored and profiled. There's no smoke without a fire.
I hope the pastor will seek redeployment to another axis of the country. Seven months is not beans.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by alonzoiv(m): 4:00am On Nov 12, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
Ransome will generate fund for bokoharram..and they will adopt more christians. imagine churches and government contributing money to release influential pastor, this is totally insane

ask Buhari. Or because she's a Christian.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by alonzoiv(m): 4:01am On Nov 12, 2019
The local NGO that facilitated their release should be closely monitored and profiled. There's no smoke without a fire.
I hope the pastor will seek redeployment to another axis of the country. Seven months is not beans.

8 Likes

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Nobody: 4:18am On Nov 12, 2019
alonzoiv:
ask Buhari. Or because she's a Christian.
Is bcus she was poor..nobody to pay ransome for her

2 Likes

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by SeedofDavid: 5:40am On Nov 12, 2019
This is great news.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Davinity: 6:21am On Nov 12, 2019
Thank God... So the other guy is stubborn? okay stay there na

2 Likes

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by seunlayi(m): 6:35am On Nov 12, 2019
How long are we going to continue like this and this is even getting worse. They kidnapped, demand for ransome, get Paid without any traces, they kidnapped again...... The circle goes and no sensible security agency to break it.

14 Likes

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by ladilawal82(m): 8:12am On Nov 12, 2019
Glory to God smiley

1 Like

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by yokofiki65: 12:43pm On Nov 12, 2019
wow

he don old small o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2019
Thank God
Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by sotall(m): 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2019
Free at last
Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Thegoodone13(m): 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2019
Anybody kidnapped and released by Boko Haram need to be monitor.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Naijacommando22: 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2019
alonzoiv:

Guy Ur very intelligent..u Sabi how things dey sup..But an average Nigerian go want criticise u now

1 Like

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Sultty(m): 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2019
God save us from bht o
Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2019
alonzoiv:

NGO's the world over often times do what this NGO has done, establish contacts and often times fora for negotiaton between governments and terror groups.

The UN for example has done a lot of intermediary work.

Both sides see them as neutral...and as such, work with them

Even the freed Chibok girls was done in part, with the aid of an educationalist and NGO worker.

6 Likes

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Naijacommando22: 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2019
Thegoodone13:
Anybody kidnapped and released by Boko Haram need to be monitor.

Honestly
Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by obembet(f): 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

U need help
Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by DonFreshmoney(m): 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2019
As Jesus would say "Go and sin no more"

But as The Don would say "Go and be kidnapped no more"

1 Like

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by lyriclekidd(m): 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2019
Okay
Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2019
seunlayi:
How long are we going to continue like this and this is even getting worse. They kidnapped, demand for ransome, get Paid without any traces, they kidnapped again...... The circle goes and no sensible security agency to break it.

More often than not, Nigerians pay the ransom

Back in 2005, one of Joseph Yobo's brothers was kidnapped by millitants. The Police was ready and raring to go...but Yobo himself asked them to back off, and negotiated a ransom with the kidnappers.

That's how many people do the thing. Add the fact that some kidnappers are bonkers really (one police and army attempt to free a kidnapped expat in Sokoto ended with the death of the expat, as soon as the kidnappers saw the Police advancing.).
Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Kubernetes: 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

You could see the pastor used wisdom and listened to them while preaching to him.They developed interest in him and this made them release him.
I feel for Sharibu,but she should also be calm and not be stubborn.They will gradually develop interest for her calmness and release her.

4 Likes

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by VxcyLv: 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
lipsrsealed

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Passionate888: 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2019
Na God
Re: Winners Pastor, Moses Oyeleke Kidnapped By Boko Haram Is Released After 6 Months by Sholaco: 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2019
Boko haram go kidnapped a Christian and even a pastor and released him .....una never talk the koko grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Philippines: Nigerian Man Arrested For Threatening To Leak Woman’s Nude Photos / Woman Pour Hot Oil On Lover For Refusin To Marry Her / Abdullahi Bachi, Fulani Imam Murdered By Armed Militia In Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.