Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,009 members, 7,863,664 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time (42036 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: U23 AFCON (0 - 0) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast: U23 AFCON (0 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Libya: U23 AFCON Qualifier (4 - 0) On 25th March 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by Excellergroup(m): 12:15am On Nov 13, 2019
ukukaegbu:

We have to. I understand head-to-head applies here, and Coted'ivoire beat us in the first match.

Bro, the Nigerian team's qualification into the semifinal stage can only be determined by the team itself and no other. All they need to do is to defeat South Africa.

A win by both Nigeria and cote d'ivoire would lead to both teams having six(6) points each, enough to qualify them both for semi final, thereby leaving S.A and Zambia with 4 & 1 points respectively.

The head to head situation would only come into play if both games (CIV vs Zam and RSA vs NIG) end in a draw, thereby leaving cote d'ivoire and Nigeria on four points each.

The most interesting thing about the group is that any of the teams can still qualify (Zambia inclusive) and the team on the top of the log (RSA) can still be sent packing grin

1 Like

Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by godwon01(m): 12:20am On Nov 13, 2019
yinkeys:

May I know why ?
Money and connection will start changing hands. Power that be will start bringing their kids in.
Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by andrewbaba44: 12:36am On Nov 13, 2019
Kylekent59:
You all should be happy Nigeria won. We have good footballers in this country ,just that some of them have no connection.
You would see some Nigerian players playing in countries like; Switzerland, Greece, Portugal etc, but they are not in the National team. Greed and nepotism is killing us in this country.

What are you smoking bro

You want players from switzerland portugal greece to be in the national team Agead of england, spain, italy belgium? is that how others national team do by calling players from a lower league, if our players are in top club like porto basel olympiakos in those league you mentioned i will understand, not those back water teams
Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by ofiko123(m): 3:26am On Nov 13, 2019
Nice one.. Thank God we won the match..
Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by Aystarz: 6:04am On Nov 13, 2019
otokx:

its part of our culture over time.

The Super Eagles of yore weren't like that, bro. Look how they took Bulgaria and Greece apart in their first World Cup games. Mehn they even went ahead in the games against favourites, Argentina and Italy, in that same Mundial.
It's a recent 'culture' that needs to be discarded.
Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by ukukaegbu(m): 6:08am On Nov 13, 2019
Excellergroup:

Bro, the Nigerian team's qualification into the semifinal stage can only be determined by the team itself and no other. All they need to do is to defeat South Africa.

A win by both Nigeria and cote d'ivoire would lead to both teams having six(6) points each, enough to qualify them both for semi final, thereby leaving S.A and Zambia with 4 & 1 points respectively.

The head to head situation would only come into play if both games (CIV vs Zam and RSA vs NIG) end in a draw, thereby leaving cote d'ivoire and Nigeria on four points each.

The most interesting thing about the group is that any of the teams can still qualify (Zambia inclusive) and the team on the top of the log (RSA) can still be sent packing grin

Oh, that's true. I didn't think of that. We may only have issues if we fail to win against SA. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by rapthugx(m): 6:49am On Nov 13, 2019
godwon01:
Money and connection will start changing hands. Power that be will start bringing their kids in.

This is very rare at U23 level. At this stage we are looking at established professionals. I know corruption strives in Nigeria football but from this level you can't just take a bunch of rookies to Olympics.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by DarkJeddi(m): 7:11am On Nov 13, 2019
ukukaegbu:

We have to. I understand head-to-head applies here, and Coted'ivoire beat us in the first match.
We don't have to,

If we beat South Africa we would be on 6 points thus eliminating them and if CIV wins they would be on 6 points thus eliminating Zambia..

That means we and CIV qualifies..
Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by jargooflife912(m): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2019
Amuatulu:
Zambia vs Nigeria
Tip: 1/
Odds: 2.08
Hello
Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by IduNaOba: 10:49am On Nov 13, 2019
maynation:

Exactly grin grin grin.

I am not a 'bro' tho undecided undecided
Sorry sister m.
Ewela iwe nwanyị ọma dị mma wink
Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by AlphLukau: 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by rewiwe: 11:17am On Nov 14, 2019
Samueltemi337:
Nigeria will be aiming to bounce back from their 1-0 loss to Ivory Coast when they take on Zambia in their second Group B game at the Africa U23 Cup of Nations.

The defending champions need to avoid defeat on Tuesday to boost their chances of progressing into the semi-final and qualifying for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

The Olympic Eagles sit at the base of the group with no point while Zambia are third in the standings after sharing the spoils against South Africa.

Nigeria have been boosted with the arrival of Mainz forward Taiwo Awoniyi and Istanbul Basaksehir midfielder Okechwukwu Azubuike while Zambia have RB Salzburg talisman Patson Daka back in the team to strengthen their attacking options, after playing out a goalless draw against South Africa on Saturday.
Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by Britboy(m): 9:47am On Nov 15, 2019
maynation:

Exactly grin grin grin.

I am not a 'bro' tho undecided undecided

My love.
I'm not happy with you.
sad
Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time by Britboy(m): 11:04am On Nov 15, 2019
Miss you though
...just saying!

maynation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / Why Did Xhaka & Shaqiri Celebrate By Making 'double Eagle' Signs Against Serbia? / Juventus Present Cristiano Ronaldo Iconic 770th Career Goal Jersey (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.