Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,865 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation (48907 Views)

Elon Musk Offers $ 1 Billion Donation To Wikipedia If They Agree To Do This / Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt / Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by nextstep(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2019
Weedsmoker:
I prefer lavishing #5bn as a billionaire than to donate it to the north for humanitarian cause.

A region that has produced the highest number of rulers in history,whose culture and religion encourages poverty.
They are brainwashed in their early life to enjoy suffering.

In an attempt at correction and fairness: the North East (to which this donation was made) has not produced any Nigerian presidents (if that's what you mean):

Azikiwe - Anambra
Ironsi - Umuahia
Gowon - Plateau
Muritala - Kano
Obasanjo - Ogun
Shagari - Sokoto
Buhari - Katsina
Babangida - Niger
Shonekan - Lagos
Abacha - Kano
Abubakar - Niger
Yaradua - Katsina
Jonathan - Bayelsa

Balewa (Bauchi) and Atiku (Adamawa, though some argue Cameroun) were prime-minister and vice president respectively. Atiku and Indimi (among others from the NE) have been generous with their wealth for years.

I get what you're saying, but imagine the potentials if all regions of Nigeria received assistance from our wealthy. More people removed from poverty, creating businesses and using their minds positively. Both religions bind the minds of many, and it wasn't until the Europeans stopped taking their religion too seriously did they get the Enlightenment that has led to the modern world. I anticipate the same would happen for our country too.

1 Like

Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2019
otedola don enter one chance o! God help am if this money no appear!
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by LordPsalm(m): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2019
OP remember no be kids dey nairaland. Which type of Private jet are u talking about?
Does the one ur talking about fly?
5 billion naira for 7pieces?
We go school too oo. No be only u

1 Like

Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Starz825(m): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2019
But wait 5bn to the north...as if the western part no dey suffer.....
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by shogsman(m): 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2019
The cirrus doesn't even pass as a jet,the way Nigerians gullibly believe anything without thought is embarrassing,makes me understand why our country is such a push over.
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Can we also ask why Boko Haram is not interested in the areas where the rich live but want the poor people's area only?

this is standard practice among the poor all over the world. They destroy their own communities when they riot and the little they have. La riots, Brixton riots, you never hear of beverly hills riot or Hyde park riot. but these are the places the rich live. if there is a riot in Lagos today, it is ajegunle, oshodi, mile 12 that will burn, Banana island will be safe.

1 Like

Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by shogsman(m): 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2019
Incandescent:
If I hear say Ote drop 5billion

All na PR

To think a lot of folks actually believes this makes you question the intellect of the average Nigerian.
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by poshbrave(m): 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2019
He donated it to his daughter cuppy's foundation is still within d family. I shall love d man
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Theboss100(m): 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2019
omenka:
Mynd44, Seun, Obinoscopy, Lalasticlala, I made my post and mentioned NOBODY. I have a right to my opinion, just as much as others do to theirs.

I dont see any reason why this poster should insult me because I aired my opinion.

If the rules are to be suspended so we exercise our stupidity without fear of repercussions, I'm sure I wouldnt bother mentioning any of you.

Treat as necessary.

Thanks.
My frnd keep quiet. So u hate been insulted yet u called Reno a pathetic idiot. Na ur mate? Ure just a lazy coward. Stop looking for who to get banned that's kids mentality. Besides, the guy never said anything wrong when he said u should get ur beans head off ur black ass. I think he made sense with that reply to ur quote. Pls sir, do the needful. No insult intended.

1 Like

Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by leokid866: 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2019
Whose your Daddy..OTEDOLLAR....ha...Gelato.
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by ednut1(m): 1:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
Same man wey no fit pay bank loan Naso
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by InvertedHammer: 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2019
/
Everyone is making it sound like Otedola did a wire transfer of N5b to foundation's account. It is a fundraiser event. OBJ never collect all the money Dem donate for him library. PDP never collect all the money announced during GEJ era. Some never pay finish for the bazaar cow eaten 10 years ago.

No let money announced during fundraiser or launching bother you. It is meant to motivate other donors. Dangote saw through it and threw in realistic N100m. Who you go hold to account for the money?

Don't be surprised that 5 years from now, some of the donors are yet to redeem their pledges.
/

1 Like

Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Daviddson(m): 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2019
Lalasticlala, Otedola donated the ₦5bn to Save the Children Foundation, not Cuppy Foundation.
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Premiumwriter: 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2019
This is the kind of creative blogging that we want. See something that everyone else missed.

Don't just post pictures. See something different in everything
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by franchasng: 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2019
So Nigerians actually believed that Otedola have 5billion naira cash to donate to charity Wonders shocked no wonder Nigeria has remained a 4th world poverty ridden nation.

I saw a flying Keke at TBS today, how can I share the pinchor
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by franchasng: 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
Everyone is making it sound like Otedola did a wire transfer of N5b to Cuppy's account. It is a fundraiser event. OBJ never collect all the money Dem donate for him library. PDP never collect all the money announced during GEJ era. Some never pay finish for the bazaar cow eaten 10 years ago.

No let money announced during fundraiser or launching bother you. It is meant to motivate other donors. Dangote saw through it and threw in realistic N100m. Who you go hold to account for the money?
/
Don't mind poverty ridden, corrupt loving and lie swallowing Nigerians angry
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by vicfajeze: 1:47pm On Nov 12, 2019
omenka:
An altruistic gesture from a kind hearted man fast being turned into an object of politics and hate. No thanks to pathetic idiots like Reno.

Otedola who made the donation hasn't complained about anything, neither has he commissioned anyone to speak on his behalf with respect to it.
Mark my word:Otedola wan contest in d future
I honestly don't get it.

What exactly has Reno or his boss Atiku done per philanthropy for anyone given what they have at their disposal? Since we are now drawing comparisons, I think we ought to know, especially given the fact he took the first shot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Xano(m): 1:47pm On Nov 12, 2019
omenka:
Mynd44, Seun, Obinoscopy, Lalasticlala, I made my post and mentioned NOBODY. I have a right to my opinion, just as much as others do to theirs.

I dont see any reason why this poster should insult me because I aired my opinion.

If the rules are to be suspended so we exercise our stupidity without fear of repercussions, I'm sure I wouldnt bother mentioning any of you.

Treat as necessary.

Thanks.

yawns...NEXT!
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Xano(m): 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2019
Alexgeneration:

You're just pathetic lowlife, always bringing partisan politics into every discourse.

Even going by your warped logic about Reno's outburst, what has the Indimi's done for the teeming IDP camps littering every parts of northern Nigeria rather than flaunting their ill gotten wealth in the presence of abject poverty and here you are mentioning Atiku just to deflect the argument and score cheap and worthless political point.

Guy, learn to think through every matter before coming online to disgrace yourself.

thank you

1 Like

Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Bimpe29: 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2019
His donation is highly commendable. I hope this will change the mindsets of those in the same circle and class as him.
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by yusluvad(m): 2:02pm On Nov 12, 2019
He did well
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by sonature1: 2:17pm On Nov 12, 2019
omenka:
An altruistic gesture from a kind hearted man fast being turned into an object of politics and hate. No thanks to pathetic idiots like Reno.

Otedola who made the donation hasn't complained about anything, neither has he commissioned anyone to speak on his behalf with respect to it.

I honestly don't get it.

What exactly has Reno or his boss Atiku done per philanthropy for anyone given what they have at their disposal? Since we are now drawing comparisons, I think we ought to know, especially given the fact he took the first shot.

Your comments are always very useless and senseless!

Reno never ridiculed the stinking-rich, kind-hearted Otedola.

Instead, he called out rich people from the region to follow in Otedola's footsteps.

What is wrong with this boy?!

5 Likes

Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2019
Alexgeneration:

You're just a coward, always running to the mods like a headless chicken.

I know you'll never know the meaning of patriotism and being a patriotrenuer.

Don't mind those bittch niggas.. bro but how headless chicken dey take run nah grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by saajus: 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2019
7 private jets for 14+ million dollars? Maybe 7 80’s jalopy jet. I would prefer commercial economy to such jets. Risking my life all in the name of flying private jet.
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by victorazyvictor(m): 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Please the Cirrus Vision SF50 is a very light jet and not your standard private jet ..let's be guided with attempts to skew reality in a bid to drive propaganda..

Otedola cutting down is tax burden and Nigerians hailing grin grin. Many Nigerians are too ignorant about the working corporate tax reduction schemes ..

This is toy jet with one engine grin

1 Like

Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Ushiesunday(m): 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
Thanks for the analogies. But that z as a result of ur joblessness. Go and find work and let others celebrate you
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2019
dazzlingd:

What if u spend that money for population control means....
Provide them with genetically modified foods and medical aids that will reduce their fertility... Humans in this part of the world are like animals, will continue to breed without control and destroy themselves with over population and poverty

That's already in motion. Most of these global fast food chains and the likes are the tools been used. Reducing fertility is not the answer but controlling the hazards that development does to our environment is. The world is big enough but soon the resouces available will not go round due to the damage caused by human factors and negligence. Save earth and save mankind not by destroying and altering the DNA in order to clone or create babies in the future for only the select elite.
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2019
Alexgeneration:

You're just a coward, always running to the mods like a headless chicken.

I know you'll never know the meaning of patriotism and being a patriotrenuer.

what the hell does that mean
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Kaymaxine(m): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2019
Incandescent:
If I hear say Ote drop 5billion

All na PR
People like you even doubt themselves when they become successful!!!
May God give you ability to recognise wisdom when you come across it!!!
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by Alexgeneration(m): 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2019
milehigh06:

what the hell does that mean
It's a new term used to refer to those men and women who hide under the cloak of patriotism to support every senseless policy of a administration all in the bid to enrich and line their pocket with the common wealth.

Just as we have pastorprenuers who pretend to be pastors but are only on the altar to fleece the sheep by selling hope to them.
Re: What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation by MrCEO69(m): 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2019
omenka:

Treat as necessary.

Thanks.
LOL grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adama Indimi & Husband Prince Malik Loved Up Photos / Folorunso Alakija Meets With TD Jakes At House On The Rock (Photos) / What Business Can I Start With N70,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.