Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,617 members, 7,865,487 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:56 PM

How Profitable Is This Business? Advice Needed. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Profitable Is This Business? Advice Needed. (715 Views)

How Profitable Is Eatery Business? / How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? / How Profitable Is A4 Papers Distribution Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Profitable Is This Business? Advice Needed. by amliftedhigher: 6:01am On Nov 14, 2019
I am an Igbo man but I hate business. Recently a friend of mine who runs a restaurant business adviced me to open a Coca-Cola distributor shop for him to manage it for me. He started saying this since last year but but I paid no attention until recently. On Tuesday last week I told him to go to Coca-Cola depot to find out how it will be, how much is involved and the distribution line. He told me that when he was working in Coca-Cola company that he was among their sales staff. He convinced me that there is profit in it if I could start with at least 2. 5M naira.
Please Fellow nairalanders I am not a fan of business and their huge profits or loss infact if I have had a little love for business I would have been managing a big business now after my NYSC. So I need advice from professionals here. Is this journey of having a business worth it? What are the possible challenges and breakthrough?
Help a brother.
Re: How Profitable Is This Business? Advice Needed. by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 14, 2019
Coca-cola is one of the best-selling beverage companies. There's no doubt that it would be a successful business. However , you'd need a good logistical plan to enable you breakthrough
Re: How Profitable Is This Business? Advice Needed. by amliftedhigher: 6:15am On Nov 14, 2019
fairfora:
Coca-cola is one of the best-selling beverage companies. There's no doubt that it would be a successful business. However , you'd need a good logistical plan to enable you breakthrough
Logistical plans like? Please clarify
Re: How Profitable Is This Business? Advice Needed. by Chapter1vs6(m): 6:35am On Nov 14, 2019
The more the capital investment the higher the gain
Re: How Profitable Is This Business? Advice Needed. by SendAbroad: 6:50am On Nov 14, 2019
amliftedhigher:
I am an Igbo man but I hate business. Recently a friend of mine who runs a restaurant business adviced me to open a Coca-Cola distributor shop for him to manage it for me. He started saying this since last year but but I paid no attention until recently. On Tuesday last week I told him to go to Coca-Cola depot to find out how it will be, how much is involved and the distribution line. He told me that when he was working in Coca-Cola company that he was among their sales staff. He convinced me that there is profit in it if I could start with at least 2. 5M naira.
Please Fellow nairalanders I am not a fan of business and their huge profits or loss infact if I have had a little love for business I would have been managing a big business now after my NYSC. So I need advice from professionals here. Is this journey of having a business worth it? What are the possible challenges and breakthrough?
Help a brother.

If you ever decide to tow the line being proposed, get a lawyer and prepare proper legal agreement between both of you, treat it as purely business and no sentiment, and not just that, put checks in place.
Re: How Profitable Is This Business? Advice Needed. by GRACEGLORY: 7:00am On Nov 14, 2019
amliftedhigher:
Help a brother.

Hi, your openness makes this more easier. Show me a man who succeeds doing what he hates.

Quoting you: "I am an Igbo man but I hate business." "I am not a fan of business and their huge profits or loss infact if I have had a little love for business..."

Success in life absolutely depends on passion, it takes passion to conquer failure, if you fall, without passion, you won't be able to get up again. Every business has it's challenges, and it requires passion to stand head to head against such challenges.

You already failed in that business, and lost your 5M even before you start. Seek what you have passion for.
Re: How Profitable Is This Business? Advice Needed. by amliftedhigher: 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2019
GRACEGLORY:

Hi, your openness makes this more easier. Show me a man who succeeds doing what he hates.

Quoting you: "I am an Igbo man but I hate business." "I am not a fan of business and their huge profits or loss infact if I have had a little love for business..."

Success in life absolutely depends on passion, it takes passion to conquer failure, if you fall, without passion, you won't be able to get up again. Every business has it's challenges, and it requires passion to stand head to head against such challenges.

You already failed in that business, and lost your 5M even before you start. Seek what you have passion for.
That I hate business does it mean that I can not succeed in business?
Re: How Profitable Is This Business? Advice Needed. by GRACEGLORY: 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
amliftedhigher:

That I hate business does it mean that I can not succeed in business?

How does one succeed in what he hates, theirs the absence of passion. Passion is the driving factor. More so, we don't have passion for all kinds of businesses, even when we love business. It's like hating a subject in school, you don't get to do well therein. Find your passion or throw the money into thin air. Many goes into business with the plan to kill the business, but in the process, they get killed, hence, many businesses folds up in few months
Re: How Profitable Is This Business? Advice Needed. by amliftedhigher: 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
GRACEGLORY:

How does one succeed in what he hates, theirs the absence of passion. Passion is the driving factor. More so, we don't have passion for all kinds of businesses, even when we love business. It's like hating a subject in school, you don't get to do well therein. Find your passion or throw the money into thin air. Many goes into business with the plan to kill the business, but in the process, they get killed, hence, many businesses folds up in few months
OK thanks for your contribution.
Any one with experience in this kind of business should please say something please

(1) (Reply)

Top 100 MLM Companies For 2019 - Best Network Marketing Companies! / Shell, Imo Gov Renew Commitments To Spdc’s Gas Project / What's Happening To Linda Ikeji's Blog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.