Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,884 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Does CBN Recognize POS Business In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does CBN Recognize POS Business In Nigeria? (326 Views)

Is POS Business Profitable? / At What Rate Does CBN Sell Dollars To BDCs? / How To Start A POS Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does CBN Recognize POS Business In Nigeria? by ncpat(m): 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
To cut the long story short, my question is, is POS business recognized by our financial institutions? or is it a legitimate business if not, how do you make it legitimate, I'm asking because recently I saw a tweet on twitter about a woman complaining that her account was blocked because someone transfer money into the account to make a withdrawal, sometimes you go to pos and transfer money to them using your phone and you will collect cash but in this case the person transferred N200,000 and the POS owner did the necessary requirement for such huge transaction by taking the information of the person as well as his picture but it was later discovered that the person is not the owner of the account that's why the POS owner's account was blocked and she was made to pay back the money, now to me I believe the woman is doing her business and whether someone account was use to pay for it is not her business because how was she supposed to know and more all over she followed due process but the only way she can be force to pay is if the POS business is illegal because I believe in Nigeria, anybody carrying out financial transactions without having license is illegal. Your opinions are welcome
Re: Does CBN Recognize POS Business In Nigeria? by Oyiboman69: 12:14pm On Nov 14, 2019
ncpat:
To cut the long story short, my question is, is POS business recognized by our financial institutions? or is it a legitimate business if not, how do you make it legitimate, I'm asking because recently I saw a tweet on twitter about a woman complaining that her account was blocked because someone transfer money into the account to make a withdrawal, sometimes you go to pos and transfer money to them using your phone and you will collect cash but in this case the person transferred N200,000 and the POS owner did the necessary requirement for such huge transaction by taking the information of the person as well as his picture but it was later discovered that the person is not the owner of the account that's why the POS owner's account was blocked and she was made to pay back the money, now to me I believe the woman is doing her business and whether someone account was use to pay for it is not her business because how was she supposed to know and more all over she followed due process but the only way she can be force to pay is if the POS business is illegal because I believe in Nigeria, anybody carrying out financial transactions without having license is illegal. Your opinions are welcome
Yes, but sometimes risky

(1) (Reply)

(LESSON 9):-- The Habits Scorecard: This Simple Exercise Will Help You. / Become A Digital Marketer In 4 Days. / Tollgate: Regressive Tax Burden On Motorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.