Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? (902 Views)

Nigerian Publishers Flay Opera News Over Unremitted Payments / How Opera News Is Scamming Nigerian Publishers / 7 Ad Networks To Make Money On Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? by Apeshy101(m): 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2019
Previously, Brave paid all publishers at a flat rate of $5 (in BAT) for a every confirmed referral made by the publisher.

On 25th September, 2019, I got a mail from Brave informing me of new changes made to publishers’ referral payment taking effect from 1st Oct, 2019.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10565409_k1_jpeg0cd12d1fc43ff41f9ad4d8eae9ade860
The new updated payment rate affected Nigerian publishers badly as the new rate for Nigeria and other African countries went down to $1 where as US and other countries went up as high as 7$.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10565410_k2_jpeg8c4c72fb1e5de31418ba97c680a23e87
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10565411_k3_jpegb5a8ad9be5a7de2c8f97f943b01edf16

Fast forward to November, I got my earning for October but this time, my payment was 5X below what I usually received.
So publishers and economists in the house, could this be caused by our week economy/currency?
What is the basis for deciding this?

If you have been affected by this policy before, kindly share your experience(s).

cc
Sen
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Mynd44
Re: Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? by yomalex(m): 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
Quality of traffic
Re: Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
How does one earn for publishing or referring through brave. Do we have to open an account via the browser?
Re: Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? by Apeshy101(m): 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
yomalex:
Quality of traffic
Thanks
Couldl you pls give more insight into this?
Re: Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? by henryobinna(m): 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
Apeshy101:

Thanks
purchasing power.

Users from the US and other tier1 countries have a much higher purchasing power than Nigerian users. This is the most basic explanation but there are more I could go into but in summary that is it.
Re: Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2019
Nigerians don't buy online, that's the reason. They click Ads, but don't buy. If you run ad online you'll understand better.
Re: Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? by Apeshy101(m): 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
ThisisIkemefuna:
How does one earn for publishing or referring through brave. Do we have to open an account via the browser?
It's simple.

Download brave broker using the link https://brave.com/mpe132

Install and browse with it.

You will be paid in BAT for for the period your app is active based on the ads surfed.

To surf ads you need to allow enter through brave reward, then allow ads. (Ads are set to block by default)

Once you have entered the brave reward, you will get BAT deposit.

This BAT deposit is meant for tipping ("dashing"wink publishers and as such, you cannot withdraw it.

Now to the main deal.

To withdraw you need to be publisher, as a publisher you can tip yourself and withdraw.

Head on to brave Creator and register as a publisher.

Now, you will need to have either a website or a YouTube channel.

Add your website or YouTube channel and verify.

Verification is simple and quick.

After you have verified your channel or website, you will need a BAT wallet to withdraw.

Brave is working on getting their own wallet but for now, uphold manages their wallet and payment.

Head on to upload.com and register, verify your identity.

Head back to brave Creator and connect your uphold acct to brave acct.

Now you are set,

You will be assigned refferal link which you can share anywhere, you can start an affiliate, write reviews about brave and attach your link. (Man money comes from ref)

There you have it.

If there is anything more you need clarification, quote me.

If you need a step by step guide, contact me through pm.

Sorry for typos
Re: Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? by Apeshy101(m): 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
henryobinna:
purchasing power.

Users from the US and other tier1 countries have a much higher purchasing power than Nigerian users. This is the most basic explanation but there are more I could go into but in summary that is it.

Alright, thanks
Re: Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? by Apeshy101(m): 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
PatrickOkunima:
Nigerians don't buy online, that's the reason. They click Ads, but don't buy. If you run ad online you'll understand better.

Your assertion is plausible Sha.

Some people buy but most don't
Re: Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? by yomalex(m): 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
Apeshy101:

Thanks
It's not just about the volume of the traffic, conversion for the advertiser is also paramount. Traffic from Africa is assumed to be of low quality by major advertising platforms whereas the advertiser maybe getting impressive conversions.
Re: Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2019
Apeshy101 thanks for the clarification.
Re: Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2019
Apeshy101:

It's simple.

Download brave broker using the link https://brave.com/mpe132

Install and browse with it.

You will be paid in BAT for for the period your app is active based on the ads surfed.

To surf ads you need to allow enter through brave reward, then allow ads. (Ads are set to block by default)

Once you have entered the brave reward, you will get BAT deposit.

This BAT deposit is meant for tipping ("dashing"wink publishers and as such, you cannot withdraw it.

Now to the main deal.

To withdraw you need to be publisher, as a publisher you can tip yourself and withdraw.

Head on to brave Creator and register as a publisher.

Now, you will need to have either a website or a YouTube channel.

Add your website or YouTube channel and verify.

Verification is simple and quick.

After you have verified your channel or website, you will need a BAT wallet to withdraw.

Brave is working on getting their own wallet but for now, uphold manages their wallet and payment.

Head on to upload.com and register, verify your identity.

Head back to brave Creator and connect your uphold acct to brave acct.

Now you are set,

You will be assigned refferal link which you can share anywhere, you can start an affiliate, write reviews about brave and attach your link. (Man money comes from ref)

There you have it.

If there is anything more you need clarification, quote me.

If you need a step by step guide, contact me through pm.

Sorry for typos
Re: Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? by Apeshy101(m): 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
ThisisIkemefuna:
Apeshy101 thanks for the clarification.
uwc
hope you find it helpful

(1) (Reply)

Mrcommonsense Is Trying My Patience: Warn Him Please / Requirements Needed To Start A Whatsapp TV? / Have You Ever Received A Google Adsense Cheque?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.