Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam (6472 Views)

4 Prayers To Increase You In Knowledge In Islam / Friday Reminder: Importance Of Seeking Knowledge / Kinds Of Tawassul (ways of seeking To Draw Close To Allah) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Hamzik4real: 7:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
Asalam Alaykum Waramotullah Wabarakatu

All Praise belongs to the Uncreated creator, the Lord of the lords, the knower of the day of Judgement.

I beseach for the Peace and Blessings of Allah upon prophet Muhammed (Peace and blessing of Allah Should be on him), his Households, companions and those that are striving for the existence of the deen (Amen)

I Also seek Blessings of Allah on our parents and all our teachers.

My dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam, i should not be here tonight to give lecture but as Allah want it, i'm here to discuss the benefits of Seeking knowledge in Islam.

i would like to break the topic into sub-topics for better understanding

1. The term Knowlege
2. Islam Sayings on Knowledge
3. Benefits of Seeking of Knowledge

My dear beloved Brothers and Sisters in Islam, lets embark on the journey, May Allah forgive the lecturer and readers on anyway we might transpass (Amen)

Knowledge

According to English Dictionary, version 9 says Knowledge is the fact of knowing about something: general understanding or familiaririty with something. It said further that it is the intellectual understanding.

Islam Saying on knowledge

Islam is a religion of knowledge, we must have knowledge about what is permissible and impermissible in daily life. A person must also learn how to purify their hearts and deeds from guilty traits. Muslims must know how to purify their hearts from the love of wealth, status, and fame, and how to make one’s love for Allah alone. They must also learn the soaring manners taught to us by the religion Islam, and try to live our lives according to Prophet.

There are many evildence and virtues of seeking, acquiring and spreading the knowledge of the deen, that can be found in the Quran and hadith of Allah’s last messenger.

The first aayah of the Qur’aan to be revealed enjoined reading which is the key to knowledge. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Read! In the Name of your Lord Who has created (all that exists).

He has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood).

Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous.
Who has taught (the writing) by the pen.
He has taught man that which he knew not”
Al-‘Alaq 96:1-5

In Islam, knowledge comes before action; there can be no action without knowledge, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“So know (O Muhammad) that Laa ilaaha ill-Allâh (none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh), and ask forgiveness for your sin, and also for (the sin of) believing men and believing women” Muhammad 47:19

Allaah warns every Muslim against speaking without knowledge, as He says (interpretation of the meaning): “And follow not (O man, i.e., say not, or do not, or witness not) that of which you have no knowledge. Verily, the hearing, and the sight, and the heart of each of those ones will be questioned (by Allâh)” al-Israa’ 17:36

Emphasizing the status of knowledge and the scholars, Allaah calls upon the scholars to bear witness to His Oneness, as He says (interpretation of the meaning): “Allâh bears witness that Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), and the angels, and those having knowledge (also give this witness); (He always) maintains His creation in justice. Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the All‑Mighty, the All-Wise” Aal ‘Imraan 3:18

Knowledge and fear of Allaah may be attained by knowing His signs and creation. The knowledgeable are those who know that, hence Allaah praises them by saying (interpretation of the meaning): “It is only those who have knowledge among His slaves that fear Allâh” Faatir 35:28

The scholars occupy a noble status in Islam, and which is higher than the position of others in this world and in the Hereafter. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaniho:“Allâh will exalt in degree those of you who believe, and these who have been granted knowledge” -Mujaadilah 58:11

Because of the importance of knowledge, Allaah commanded His Messenger to seek more of it. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“and say: ‘My Lord! Increase me in knowledge’” Ta-Ha 20:114

Allaah praises the scholars, as He says (interpretation of the meaning): “Say: ‘Are those who know equal to those who know not?’ It is only men of understanding who will remember (i.e. get a lesson from Allâh’s Signs and Verses)” Zumar 39:9

Those who have knowledge are the quickest of people to understand the truth and believe in it:“And that those who have been given knowledge may know that it (this Qur’aan) is the truth from your Lord, so that they may believe therein, and their hearts may submit to it with humility” Hajj 22:54

Now, let's check the Hadith of the prophet on Knowledge

Abu Hurairah reported the Prophet as saying:
If anyone pursues a path in search of knowledge, Allah will then by make easy for him a path to paradise; and he who is made slow by his actions will not be speed by his genealogy.

Abu Hurairah also reported that the Messenger of Allah said: “Whoever takes a path upon which to obtain knowledge, Allah makes the path to Paradise easy for him.”

It was narrated that Abu Umamah said:
“The Messenger of Allah said: ‘You must acquire this knowledge before it is taken away, and its taking away means that it will be lifted up.’ He joined his middle finger and the one that next to the thumb like this, and said: ‘The scholar and the seeker of knowledge will share the reward, and there is no good in the rest of the people.’

It waas narrated from Anas bin Malik that the Messenger of Allah said:
“Seeking knowledge is a duty upon every Muslim, and he who passes knowledge to those who do not deserve it, is like one who puts a necklace of jewels, pearls and gold around the neck of swines.”

With all these saying from the Quran and Hadith, it shows that It compulsory for one to seek Knowledge in Islam.

3. importance of Seeking Knowledge

Islam gives too much importance on seeking knowledge. Knowledge is a key to success. Seeking knowledge is better than any value in the world.

Teaching others is one of the good deeds from which we will earn great rewards even after death. Whoever leaves behind beneficial knowledge will get rewards as long as people are still getting benefits from his knowledge.

Seeking for knowledge makes learning easy for us to the path to Paradise.

There are so many importance of knowledge but we will stop here.

This is a lecture delivered on MSSN Oluwatosin WhatsApp platform on Thursday, 14 November, 2019.

By
Hassan Abdulsalam

Twitter: @ProudlyHassan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by temtyler(m): 9:39am On Nov 15, 2019
ALLAHU AKBAR... JUMAT MUBARAQ TO ALL MY FELLOW MUSLIMS

4 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by geesilver(m): 9:45am On Nov 15, 2019
mashallah..... jumah mufidah

4 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Muhammad2468(m): 9:45am On Nov 15, 2019
masha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by saddler: 9:53am On Nov 15, 2019
All I see is grand delusion grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Judybash93(m): 9:59am On Nov 15, 2019
Well, some considerable amount of knowledge can be gathered from any book or religion but that should never override humanity and that's what we lack in the world today.

4 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by marvin906(m): 9:59am On Nov 15, 2019
nor be only benefit

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Gartol(m): 10:00am On Nov 15, 2019
saddler:
My brother please listen and change your ways., Ask yourself this question why am I always feeling hatred towards this religion why am I so concerned. Seek the truth and it shall reveal itself. I pray Almighty lead you to the right path

7 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Khaleell001(m): 10:13am On Nov 15, 2019
saddler:

I understand your state of mind.
When an ignoramus has been heavily intoxicated with foolish thinking and thinks himself wise, not knowing the things he sees as foolish are as a result of his continuous heedlessness of himself to seek cure through knowledge and enlightenment to remove his foolishness before it damages him.

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Khaleell001(m): 10:15am On Nov 15, 2019
Gartol:
My brother please listen and change your ways., Ask yourself this question why am I always feeling hatred towards this religion why am I so concerned. Seek the truth and it shall reveal itself. I pray Almighty lead you to the right path
Brother, some of these folks do not need soft approach.
If he was really in need of knowledge he would humbly ask instead of being delusional.

4 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Khaleell001(m): 10:21am On Nov 15, 2019
Judybash93:
Well, some considerable amount of knowledge can be gathered from any book or religion but that should never override humanity and that's what we lack in the world today.

The way you people sound it as if Islām was set up to eliminate humanity.
Who or what is "humanity?" to begin with?
It has not known standard meaning.
It could mean anything people endorse and you think that's what Islām should bow to?

Just show us one thing you think is wrong with Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Gartol(m): 10:21am On Nov 15, 2019
Khaleell001:

Brother, some of these folks do not need soft approach.
If he was really in need of knowledge he would humbly ask instead of being delusional.
brother their is no compulsion in religion. You shouldn't force anybody to accept islam. You have done your part by telling them. For on the day of judgment Allah if ask you if you did so and you will have nothing to fear.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Khaleell001(m): 10:29am On Nov 15, 2019
Gartol:
brother their is no compulsion in religion. You shouldn't force anybody to accept islam. You have done your part by telling them. For on the day of judgment Allah if ask you if you did so and you will have nothing to fear.

Did you read my mention at all?
Where did I mention forcing people into Islām?
I was referring to those who mock or throw tirade at us that we shouldn't allow them do that by being soft with them.
Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Gartol(m): 10:33am On Nov 15, 2019
Khaleell001:

Did you read my mention at all?
Where did I mention forcing people into Islām?
I was referring to those who mock or throw tirade at us that we shouldn't allow them do that by being soft with them.
brother we are on the same side I am just saying what the Quran says. I am not referring to you. I am commending you for delivering the message. Why will I fight you? You are my brother. Asalamualeikum brother
Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by DennisEche(m): 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2019
knowledge to learn how to be a fanatic,radical,bombing through suicide or what kind or knowledge ?

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Turantula(m): 12:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
Abeg O! I didn't say anything

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by chuose2: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2019
We need to seek God not allah.

God & allah are different,here are some differences

[1]

God does not permit lying Deu 5:20

Allah permits lying Taqiyya

[2]

God says u cannot beat ur WIFE, 1 Peter 3:7

Allah says u can beat ur wife Surah 38:44

[3]

God's place on earth is Jerusalem,
Allah place on earth is Mecca.

[4]

God reward is eternal life

Allahs reward is 72 virgins
Thats chopping 72 babes grin

Does that sound like what God will give?

This video confirms that God is not same as allah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-i_usnHXs

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Judybash93(m): 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2019
Khaleell001:

The way you people sound it as if Islām was set up to eliminate humanity.
Who or what is "humanity?" to begin with?
It has not known standard meaning.
It could mean anything people endorse and you think that's what Islām should bow to?

Just show us one thing you think is wrong with Islam.

I never pinpointed Islam as a curse to humanity. Christians today are only blaming Muslims because they don't know the kind of atrocities committed by Christians during the dark ages. All I'm saying is that everyone needs to put humanity first, i have nothing against the principles of Islam nor any other religion. Moreover, what i mean by humanity is the respect of life above doctrines.
I'm a deist btw
Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Khaleell001(m): 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
Judybash93:

I never pinpointed Islam as a curse to humanity. Christians today are only blaming Muslims because they don't know the kind of atrocities committed by Christians during the dark ages. All I'm saying is that everyone needs to put humanity first, i have nothing against the principles of Islam nor any other religion. Moreover, what i mean by humanity is the respect of life above doctrines.
I'm a deist btw

And my doctrine (as a Muslim)is very much in support of preserving humanity except if there is a necessity.
Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by IamBlanco(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
Gartol:

Lies! Taqiyya! The later verses of the Quran that commands all Muslims to wage jihad against unbelievers abrogated this verse in the Quran. stop the lies, if there is no compulsion, then Saudi Arabia and other core Muslim republics should allow their citizens make their choice as to what religion to believe in. why the compulsion and threat to life if they disbelieve?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by IamBlanco(m): 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2019
Judybash93:

I'm a deist btw

mention the spanish inquisition or crusades if you like. but note that during the inquisition which was obviously not backed by any scripture in the Bible, historians peg the number of deaths around 30,000 spanning 400 years. I'm not in anyway justifying this wicked act, but it was not as bad as people are made to believe. Moving on to the Crusades, that was a reaction to the conquering of Jerusalem by Muslims. the crusades was a response to the aggression of Islam. say whatever you want about it, what business does Islam have with Jerusalem when your prophet never step his foot in that city?

Now let's come to Islam, where do we start from?
1. 1st Fitnah
2. 2nd Fitnah
3. The Assassination of your first three Rashiduns
4. Your most glorious period under the Umayyid caliphate that Islam left carnage where ever it crossed until it was stopped at the gates of Vienna and pushed back to North Africa.
5. Bokoharam
6. The Ottoman Empire
7. The Seljuk turks
8. Muhammad's Carnage during his life time
9. Al qaeda
10. Isis
11. Bokoharam
12. The Iranian Revolution
13. Muslim Brotherhood
14. Too numerous to mention.

think twice, why is it Islam that is the only religion in the world that has a phobia word attached to it. are you saying the whole world is the problem and not Islam?

Islam needs to reform itself whether you like it or not. the sooner that happens the better.
Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Gartol(m): 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
IamBlanco:

Lies! Taqiyya! The later verses of the Quran that commands all Muslims to wage jihad against unbelievers abrogated this verse in the Quran. stop the lies, if there is no compulsion, then Saudi Arabia and other core Muslim republics should allow their citizens make their choice as to what religion to believe in. why the compulsion and threat to life if they disbelieve?
show me the verses in the Quran. I challenge you brother show me. Who is threatening you in Saudi Arabia? Don't let the media fool you
Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
JAZAKHALAHUL KHAIR

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by gaskiyamagana: 10:53pm On Nov 15, 2019
saddler:
As every Sunday school teachers always did to gullible Sunday school students?
Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by gaskiyamagana: 10:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
IamBlanco:

mention the spanish inquisition or crusades if you like. but note that during the inquisition which was obviously not backed by any scripture in the Bible, historians peg the number of deaths around 30,000 spanning 400 years. I'm not in anyway justifying this wicked act, but it was not as bad as people are made to believe. Moving on to the Crusades, that was a reaction to the conquering of Jerusalem by Muslims. the crusades was a response to the aggression of Islam. say whatever you want about it, what business does Islam have with Jerusalem when your prophet never step his foot in that city?

Now let's come to Islam, where do we start from?
1. 1st Fitnah
2. 2nd Fitnah
3. The Assassination of your first three Rashiduns
4. Your most glorious period under the Umayyid caliphate that Islam left carnage where ever it crossed until it was stopped at the gates of Vienna and pushed back to North Africa.
5. Bokoharam
6. The Ottoman Empire
7. The Seljuk turks
8. Muhammad's Carnage during his life time
9. Al qaeda
10. Isis
11. Bokoharam
12. The Iranian Revolution
13. Muslim Brotherhood
14. Too numerous to mention.

think twice, why is it Islam that is the only religion in the world that has a phobia word attached to it. are you saying the whole world is the problem and not Islam?

Islam needs to reform itself whether you like it or not. the sooner that happens the better.
Good Sunday school teacher. But tell us more about dis verse
"DO NOT THINK THAT I HAVE COME TO BRING PEACE TO THE EARTH. I HAVE NOT COME TO BRING PEACE BUT A SWORD "MATTEW 10 :34
Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by gaskiyamagana: 11:24pm On Nov 15, 2019
chuose2:
We need to seek God not allah.

God & allah are different,here are some differences

[1]

God does not permit lying Deu 5:20

Allah permits lying Taqiyya

[2]

God says u cannot beat ur WIFE, 1 Peter 3:7

Allah says u can beat ur wife Surah 38:44

[3]

God's place on earth is Jerusalem,
Allah place on earth is Mecca.

[4]

God reward is eternal life

Allahs reward is 72 virgins
Thats chopping 72 babes grin

Does that sound like what God will give?

This video confirms that God is not same as allah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-i_usnHXs

You don't know that we manage calling Allah, God, especially when we consider in the Bible :
A "HISSING " God ISAIAH 5:26, 7:18 ZACHARIA 10 :8.
A "ROARING" God ISAIAH 42:13 JEREMIAH 25:30
A " BARBER" God ISAIAH 7:20.
A "PENITENT" God JEREMIAH 15:6 GENESIS 6:6
A " MURDER" 50, 070 for looking into a box 1SAMUEL 6:19.
Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by gaskiyamagana: 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
tweakdude1:
The only thing in Islam i know is right "NO TO SAME SEX MARRIAGE " anything else its a scam.

If you think its a lie ask Osama Bin Laden & the 14 virgins grin grin grin grin grin
"I have not come to bring peace, but sword '" MATTEW 10 :34
Re: Benefits Of Seeking Knowledge In Islam by gaskiyamagana: 11:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
DennisEche:
knowledge to learn how to be a fanatic,radical,bombing through suicide or what kind or knowledge ?
"I have not come to bring peace, but sword "mattew 10 :34.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cutting Of Cake & Doing Other Western Rites In Nikkai, How Islamic Are They? / Laxity, Radical & Moderate Muslims You Might Find In Mosques During Taroweeh / Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.