Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,946 members, 7,814,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines (13177 Views)

NCC Changes Nigeria’s Fixed Phone Lines Numbering Format To 10 Digits / Alleged USSD service charge: Pantami orders immediate suspension of charges / NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by Islie: 8:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
By Collins Nnabuif ...

The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Pantami has issued a broad policy directive to the sector regulator Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), to immediately ensure that issues regarding automatic voicemails are addressed on all existing phone lines and the subscribers, given the option of accessing the service via an activation code.

According to a statement issued by the Spokesperson to the Minister, Mrs Uwa Suleiman, it described it as financial exploitation by Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) in the country, through the automatic activation of the Voicemail Service on their platforms.

The statement said the Voicemail service should be accessed at the discretion of the subscriber and not by default.

It noted that the Minister finds it worrisome and totally unacceptable, that telecoms subscribers incur financial charges, for a service they are compelled to use by default.

“Voicemail is not a popular service among mobile phone users in Nigeria, coupled with the language challenge among rural dwellers, who mostly do not understand the language deployed by these networks”, the statement added.

“It is apparent, that the recent clampdown on the exploitative activities of some Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) in the country, has beamed the searchlight on the sector properly, and some unpatriotic elements in the system are devising subtle, ingenious methods of defrauding Nigerians,” the statement said.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/pantami-orders-deactivation-of-automatic-voicemails-on-existing-phone-lines/

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by obiekunie2: 8:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
fantastic order!

is not only villagers they exploit oo!

even some city dwellers like me often get scammed by network operators thru it - cause majority of the time i dial numbers and wait for the person to pick before i place the phone on my ears - before u know it, the call has entered voice mail and before you realize its voicemail some seconds has already passed and your credit deducted as usual!

OGA ABEG USE SAME AVENUE TO TELL BANKS TO STOP SENDING ME UNSOLICITED TEXT MESSAGES THAT THEY STILL DEDUCT FROM MY ACCOUNT!

LIKE THEIR USELESS BIRTHDAY MESSAGE THEY STILL BILL MY ACCOUNT FOR THE TEXT!

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
Fantastic... Airtel is guilty of this

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
God bless you pantami... but do you know the voicemail was always optional before, until the thieving Telecom companies decided to make it mandatory just to steal while naming it INSTAVOICE

If the optional voicemail introduction was not selling, why introduce instavoice and cunningly make it mandatory?..

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by OlujobaSamuel: 6:34am On Nov 15, 2019
This minister seems to be aware of all the gimmicks by network providers in stealing from us. God bless you with wisdom and strength to deal with them appropriately.
Sir, there is one MTN is currently doing, a pop up/flash message showing up at intervals on the phone screen saying we have a low balance and should recharge directly from our account, also, another saying we should just tap the ok button to subscribe to one useless message for our callers to see anytime they dial our number.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by OlujobaSamuel: 6:40am On Nov 15, 2019
obiekunie2:
fantastic order!

is not only villagers they exploit oo!

even some city dwellers like me often get scammed by network operators thru it - cause majority of the time i dial numbers and wait for the person to pick before i place the phone on my ears - before u know it, the call has entered voice mail and before you realize its voicemail some seconds has already passed and your credit deducted as usual!

OGA ABEG USE SAME AVENUE TO TELL BANKS TO STOP SENDING ME UNSOLICITED TEXT MESSAGES THAT THEY STILL DEDUCT FROM MY ACCOUNT!

LIKE THEIR USELESS BIRTHDAY MESSAGE THEY STILL BILL MY ACCOUNT FOR THE TEXT!
Banks do not charge you for birthday messages.
That control is under CBN and not NCC or his ministry.
I think the CBN should look into banks charging alert and ATM charges for failed transaction but failing to reverse the charges when the transaction sum is reversed.
Eg, using the ATM after 3times in a month on a 3rd party machine, they debit you ₦65 and ₦4 for SMS, if the transaction fails, they don't refund the fee and still debit you SMS alert for the reversal notice, so you might lose ₦73 if you are trying to take ₦1000

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 15, 2019
tongue

One of the best minister, this man doesn't have time for bullshit propaganda that the useless APC are known for, He is just result-oriented and focussed.
Imagine less than few hours of giving this directives useless MTN bowed down immediately and suspended their automatic voicemail. Honestly the ripoff from MTN was becoming alarming, that one have to be ready immediately to disconnect an outgoing call once that "autovoice" sound

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by BuhariCarryGo: 6:54am On Nov 15, 2019
Mallam is working to give Nigerians their rights and privileges they deserved as citizens, which the telecos have denied us for long.The only minister that has his eyes on the ball!!!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by helinues: 6:55am On Nov 15, 2019
Pantami have been really active..

Kudos

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by princemillla(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2019
What happens to previous directives ?

1 Like

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by BuhariCarryGo: 6:56am On Nov 15, 2019
NyenwePHC:
tongue

One of the best minister, this man doesn't have time for bullshit propaganda that the useless APC are known for, He is just result-oriented and focussed.
Imagine less than few hours of giving this directives useless MTN bowed down immediately and suspended their automatic voicemail. Honestly the ripoff from MTN was becoming alarming, that one have to be ready immediately to disconnect an outgoing call once that "autovoice" sound
Finally telecommunications is finally been checked....a lot more worms will come out of the Telecom.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by Kennitrust(m): 7:13am On Nov 15, 2019
They said 'VOICE FOR THE VOICELESS!

My worried over this issue has always remain with me because I don't know who to complain to.

I called this, The Best News of the hour.

I just wish something is done fast to check this scam by M. N. O.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by Bossontop(m): 7:14am On Nov 15, 2019
Very good sir....these days when person dial number u no go even hear any tone, d next tin na voicemail and jus like dat d tif tif networks don chop ur money on top nonsense voicemail.

Very commendable i must say.......make we still dey wait for implementation sha

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by Osyxcel(m): 7:15am On Nov 15, 2019
Very good directive. I'm beginning to like this Minister sha.

12 Likes

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by ursullalinda(f): 7:15am On Nov 15, 2019
Wonderful news....this man seems to be on top of the game....I'm impressed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:18am On Nov 15, 2019
All these directive this minister have been giving out to telecos. ....it's funny o. one thing is to give order or directives, the other is to implement, follow or obey it. none of these have been obeyed. I remember last week or so, the order to reduce data charge was issued out, till now no difference.
instead telecos got annoyed and made data use a frustrating one...data gets exhausted more this days....this time around its voicemail, may God help this country!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by yusufu16: 7:18am On Nov 15, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 15, 2019
Be like say these networks don show this man shege? Him be real street man. More knocks to come ,if them no obey, fine them billions.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by shyvicky: 7:18am On Nov 15, 2019
The ones that are working you will see it, the ones that are giving excuses u will also see it, by their fruits we shall know them, kudos

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by cicero(m): 7:20am On Nov 15, 2019
Thank you sir but don’t stop there, let them refund the airtime they have stolen in this way to all active phone lines.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by Grundig: 7:20am On Nov 15, 2019
This minister appears to be the only one that's working.

While this minister is trying to put money back in our pockets by adding value, emefiele and CBN in connivance with banks and telco's want to impoverish Nigerians

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by saheedbadmus(m): 7:20am On Nov 15, 2019
Better
Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by flejnr2(f): 7:23am On Nov 15, 2019
The only minister making sense since inauguration I swear!

Not the one saying Nigeria road is not as bad as it seems

Or

The one advocating death by hanging for hate speech

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by klax(m): 7:23am On Nov 15, 2019
This is what you get when you put educated, well exposed person in charge of affairs. Someone who was there, who has seen it all and who is not ready to pretend forming posh a s s.

Good move. Pantami I think im eith you on your actions.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by BabaO2: 7:25am On Nov 15, 2019
Samething should be applied to ussd *565#.
No option to check BVN or not, once u dial it, it forcefully deducts ₦20.
NCC should wake up
Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by Wasky101: 7:27am On Nov 15, 2019
Great
Re: Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 15, 2019
Right from performance at the ministerial screening, we knew this one was marvelous.

Kudos APC for spotting this brain for us. ( differences apart).

Another thing the minister should do is that one they automatically display on your screen and if you mistakenly press "OK", the next thing you will see is that #500 has been deducted as subscription fee to hfdsdghjohfdss, which is usually something very useless and has no bearing to your life.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbrick your tecno f7 now / !!yes!!! How To Play Multiplayer On Ppsspp Using Pes 2016 **picz** **hot** / Gionee M6 Now In Nigeria — See Specs And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.