Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,107 members, 7,842,202 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Growth Takes Time - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Growth Takes Time (153 Views)

Spiritual Growth Takes Time / Saudi Arabia & China For Christ, Apostle Johnson Suleman Takes Crusade To Asia / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Takes His Wife Out, Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Growth Takes Time by christscribe: 1:31pm On Nov 16, 2019
The Growing Pains

I did the big chop on my hair about three years ago. I got tired of my brittle, dry, unmanageable, and lackluster hair. It was not growing, and the edges were not attractive, so I chopped it off, almost to my skin level. Oh, how refreshing it was to experience the breeze of life enter into my scalp and roots. You would see me wearing different wig those days. I hated wigs but preferred them to go about with my shinning head.

The Learning Process

Then I joined the natural hair groups and became intimidated by the beautiful and lustrous pictures of healthy hair posted by sisters in these groups, especially that of Esther Tom. No, I can never achieve such hair length and volume; I continually told myself.

I would look at my slow growing hair and sigh. Forget it, not for me. Maybe those sisters are from families blessed with good hair genes, and I would console myself. Then I began to listen, as in really listen to those who share their hair journeys and stories. I began to understand such grooming processes such as:

conditioning,
deep conditioning,
good hair products, moisturizing, and scalp massaging.
Also hair oils, and the like,
Wide-tooth combing, combing through with your hands to reduce shedding, rice water wash,
Protective hairstyles, onion wash, and so on.
I even once fed my hair with Maltina and Guinness guilder. LOL.

Related Article:

https://memoirofeve./2014/05/14/how-eleven-entrepreneurs-conquered-failure/

Not Giving Up - Persistency

Then I went further in my quest to grow my hair. I improved on my diet, increased my intake of vitamins, fruits, calcium magnesium, and so on. Even then, many times, I became frustrated with my hair for slowly responding to my ministrations and had purchased a relaxer to turn my natural hair into a perm. But I would remember the pictures of healthy, beautiful hair shared on the natural hair forums, and I would encourage myself to be patient.
This went on for three years. Suddenly, I noticed that whenever I go out with my hair in a high puff or one of the natural styles, a few strangers will say hi or smile at me. In fact, I began to make more friends just by having my natural hair on.

Reward Time

I ditched the wigs (though wears one once in a while when my hair is not done, and I need to show up for an appointment). I completely ditched the weaves and began to slay with my hair. As I washed and deep conditioned yesterday, I saw that my natural hair has become long, voluminous, healthy, beautiful, and lustrous. Finally, I am getting close to my hair goal. The effort, investment, and patience of the past three years is finally yielding result.
It is more difficult to grow anything but very easy to destroy. The hair I spent three years growing can be chopped off with scissors in less than a second.

Patience

Growth takes time. Whatever you are working on will not just fall on your laps GBAM!!!. You will need to give it attention and more attention; you will need to ask for counsel from those who have succeeded in that area, you will need to dig deep to get new information on that area. You will be discouraged many times and almost give up, you would think it is not working, and you might even envy those who have reached their own goals.
Growing a business in the climate of today in Nigeria is likened to a plant shooting out of the rock. As difficult as it is for the plant to wiggle through the hard surface, it came through nevertheless.

Continue on this link: The Growing Pains

I did the big chop on my hair about three years ago. I got tired of my brittle, dry, unmanageable, and lackluster hair. It was not growing, and the edges were not attractive, so I chopped it off, almost to my skin level. Oh, how refreshing it was to experience the breeze of life enter into my scalp and roots. You would see me wearing different wig those days. I hated wigs but preferred them to go about with my shinning head.

The Learning Process

Then I joined the natural hair groups and became intimidated by the beautiful and lustrous pictures of healthy hair posted by sisters in these groups, especially that of Esther Tom. No, I can never achieve such hair length and volume; I continually told myself.

I would look at my slow growing hair and sigh. Forget it, not for me. Maybe those sisters are from families blessed with good hair genes, and I would console myself. Then I began to listen, as in really listen to those who share their hair journeys and stories. I began to understand such grooming processes such as:

conditioning,
deep conditioning,
good hair products, moisturizing, and scalp massaging.
Also hair oils, and the like,
Wide-tooth combing, combing through with your hands to reduce shedding, rice water wash,
Protective hairstyles, onion wash, and so on.
I even once fed my hair with Maltina and Guinness guilder. LOL.

Related Article:

https://memoirofeve./2014/05/14/how-eleven-entrepreneurs-conquered-failure/

Not Giving Up - Persistency

Then I went further in my quest to grow my hair. I improved on my diet, increased my intake of vitamins, fruits, calcium magnesium, and so on. Even then, many times, I became frustrated with my hair for slowly responding to my ministrations and had purchased a relaxer to turn my natural hair into a perm. But I would remember the pictures of healthy, beautiful hair shared on the natural hair forums, and I would encourage myself to be patient.
This went on for three years. Suddenly, I noticed that whenever I go out with my hair in a high puff or one of the natural styles, a few strangers will say hi or smile at me. In fact, I began to make more friends just by having my natural hair on.

Reward Time

I ditched the wigs (though wears one once in a while when my hair is not done, and I need to show up for an appointment). I completely ditched the weaves and began to slay with my hair. As I washed and deep conditioned yesterday, I saw that my natural hair has become long, voluminous, healthy, beautiful, and lustrous. Finally, I am getting close to my hair goal. The effort, investment, and patience of the past three years is finally yielding result.
It is more difficult to grow anything but very easy to destroy. The hair I spent three years growing can be chopped off with scissors in less than a second.

Continue on this link: https:///p4w10N-3K

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

"The Baptism Of Jesus" / Take Toefl And GRE To Secure Scholarship Program Abroad / Faithfully Proclaiming Christ The Sanctifier.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.