Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? (7271 Views)

Why Do Muslims Pray 5 Times A Day? / How To Pray Five Times A Day / Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by chyz(m): 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2010
Please explain the following references to times of prayer, and if somebody has a passage from the Qur'an that says 5 times prayer please post it.

Please do not give me "hadith" I am asking for Qur'an reference only because I am giving you Qur'an references.

Thank You for helping.

(2:43) [, ]and bow down your heads with those who bow in worship. (2:149) [, ]turn thy face towards the inviolable place of worship.

(5:6) O ye who believe, when ye rise up for prayer, wash your faces, and your hands up to elbows, and lightly rub your heads, and wash your feet up to ankles, and if ye are unclean purify yourselves[, ] (11:114) Establish worship at the two ends of the day and some watches of the night[, ]

(17:78) Establish worship at the going down of the sun (sunset) until the dark of night, and (the recital of) the Qur'an at dawn. Lo! (the recital of) the Qur'an at dawn is ever witnessed.

(24:58) O ye who believe! Let your slaves, and those of you who have not come to puberty; ask leave of you at three times: Before the prayer of dawn (Salat-ul-Fajr), and when ye lay aside your raiment for the heat of the afternoon, and after the prayer at night. (Salat-ul-Isha)[, ] (62:9) O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the day of the Assembly), hasten earnestly to the remembrance of Allah, and leave business.

(4:43) O ye who believe! approach not prayers with a mind befogged, until ye can understand all that ye say, nor when ye are polluted, except when journeying upon the road, till ye have bathed[, ]

(17:107, 108) [, ] fall down prostrate on their faces, adoring, and saying: Glory to our Sustainer! Verily the promise of our Sustainer must be fulfilled. (25:64, 65) And who spend the night before their Sustainer, prostrate and standing, and who say: Our Sustainer! Avert from us the doom of hell; Lo! The doom thereof is anguish. (17: 110, 111) [, ]Neither speak thy prayer aloud, nor speak it in a low tone, but seek a middle course between. And say: Praise be to Allah, Who hath not taken unto Himself a son, and who hath no partner in Sovereignty, nor hath He any protecting friend through dependence. And magnify Him with all magnificence.
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by chyz(m): 6:39am On Nov 19, 2010
Are there no muslims in this section?!
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by azharuddin: 10:13am On Nov 19, 2010
chyz:

Are there no muslims in this section?!
Yes, most of them are intelligent enough to resist such traps.
Have a nice day.
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by chyz(m): 11:36am On Nov 19, 2010
azharuddin:

Yes, most of them are intelligent enough to resist such traps.
Have a nice day.

How is it a trap? angry
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by alienvirus: 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2010
I travelled all the way from milky way to see what's going on on planet earth. Surprisingly, i saw a comment from one MUMU asking for something in a stupid way. I guess u ask ur pastor in church. Idiotic idiot. Message to d poster. U pissed me off. Going back to the space!
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by chyz(m): 7:21pm On Nov 19, 2010
alienvirus:

I travelled all the way from milky way to see what's going on on planet earth. Surprisingly, i saw a comment from one MUMU asking for something in a silly way. I guess u ask your pastor in church. Idiotic . Message to d poster. U pissed me off. Going back to the space!

Not a christian, I am a muslim so answer the question.If you are really following the true Islam you will have a real answer to the question.
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by babs787(m): 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2010
@chyz

Not a christian, I am a muslim so answer the question.If you are really following the true Islam you will have a real answer to the question.

You should have the answer if you are a Muslim and no need of asking this question.
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by alienvirus: 11:56pm On Nov 19, 2010
If truly u don't have the answer, ask google. if google doesn't have it then you are on your own. instead of answering d 3rd century question, i will rather leave u dying in ignorance. and if die, u die wrongfully. Back to the milky way!
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by chyz(m): 1:01am On Nov 20, 2010
babs787:

@chyz

You should have the answer if you are a Muslim and no need of asking this question.

alienvirus:

If truly u don't have the answer, ask google. if google doesn't have it then you are on your own. instead of answering d 3rd century question, i will rather leave u dying in ignorance. and if die, u die wrongfully. Back to the milky way!

It just shows that most of you here are not practicing the real islam. That is the reason why you have come here and insulted me because this is something you want to step over.
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by alienvirus: 1:45am On Nov 20, 2010
Have i ever told u am a muslim? Everything about u is wrong. Man forget about this thread and give us a thread with focus. Back to the milky way
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by babs787(m): 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2010
@chyz

t just shows that most of you here are not practicing the real islam.

What is your definition of practising real Islam?

That is the reason why you have come here and insulted me because this is something you want to step over.

Read my post again, I never insulted you.
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by chyz(m): 6:58am On Nov 23, 2010
babs787:

@chyz

What is your definition of practising real Islam?

Read my post again, I never insulted you.

Practicing the real is Islam, is living by teachings in the Quran and Quran only. It is not "my definition" of practicing Islam, it is Allah's definition of Isalm and is our instructions. Am I wrong? If I am then provide the proof.
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by stranger26(f): 1:00pm On Nov 24, 2010
chyz:

Practicing the real is Islam, is living by teachings in the Quran and Quran only. It is not "my definition" of practicing Islam, it is Allah's definition of Isalm and is our instructions. Am I wrong? If I am then provide the proof.

Bismillahi Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem.

Perhaps, my brother, you believe this because you have not read the following Qur'anic verses. I find them clear in their instructions to us to obey whatever the Messenger (Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) tells us.

Allah COMMANDS us in the Qur'an to "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, " (surah Nur: 54)

"And obey Allah and the Messenger that you may obtain mercy" (Surah Aal-Imran: 132)

"O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, " (Surah An-Nisa: 59)

"And when it is said to them: "Come to what Allah has sent down and to the Messenger," you see the hypocrites turn away from you with aversion" (Surah An-Nisa: 61)

"We sent no Messenger, but to be obeyed by Allah's Leave, " (Surah An-Nisa: 64)

"But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad sallalahu alayhi wasallam) judge in all disputes between then, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission" (Surah An-Nisa: 65)

"And whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger, fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, such are the successful" (Surah Nur: 52)

"The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allah and His Messenger, to judge between them, is that they say:"We hear and we obey". And such are the successful" (Surah Nur: 51)

"O you who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger and render not vain your deeds" (Surah Muhammad: 33)

"Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, " (Surah At-Taghabun: 12)

And how do we fulfil this obligation if not by observing what he said and did so that we may obey and follow these instructions? And are not the ahadith the collection of what the Prophet (SAW) said and did? Thus if it is compulsory for us to obey the Prophet (SAW), it is necessary for us to look at the ahadith so we may know WHAT it is we are supposed to be obeying, n'est-ce pas? "He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allah, " (An-Nisa: 80)

May Allah make it easy for all of us to truly accept what has been revealed to us and make it easy for us to obey Him and hold on to the sunnah of the Messenger who has come as an example and role-model to be followed. "Certainly, there is an excellent example for you in the Messenger of Allah, for him who looks forward to Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah much." (Surah Al-Ahzab: 21)
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by babs787(m): 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2010
@chyz

How could you conclude that one is not practising Islam the way it ought to be practised. Are you saying that we should ignore hadiths please and how many times do you pray if I may start from there?
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by chyz(m): 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2010
babs787:

@chyz

How could you conclude that one is not practising Islam the way it ought to be practised. Are you saying that we should ignore hadiths please and how many times do you pray if I may start from there?

The Qur'an prescribes three prayers a day and these are the only three by name: Salat Al-Fajr (Dawn Prayer)24 Nour 58, Salat Al-Esha (Night Prayer)24 Nour 58, and Al-Salat Al-Wusta (The Middle Prayer) 2 Baqara 238.
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by AbuHanifa: 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2010
I don't think the poster is a muslim from all indications. A muslim must not separate the Holy Book from the Prophet that brought. I will just take a verse you have quoted above and analyze it perhaps you only know English but don't understand English. Qur 17 vs 78 ' Perform Solat from midday till the darkness of the night.( If you want to go by the ordinary meaning of this verse, you have to pray from the midday till the darkness of the night appears which automatically implies you have nothing to do again in this life other than to observe prayers, non stop! You that are looking for making 5 prayers 3 will never like that. ' From the range (midday till darkness), which prayers are we talking about? Obviously Zhur, Asr, Maghrib, Ishai. You may ask me i do i know. I know this because the person that was sent to me , (Muhammad(SAW)), told me and practicalized it. Henceforth, if you believe they are only 3 prayers are given to us then you don't believe what u quoted above, you don't believe in the messenger.
Re: Do We Really Have To Pray 5 Times A Day? by kolamilan(m): 7:22am On Nov 27, 2010
@poster how old are you?

(1) (Reply)

Wet Dreams & Fasting In Islam (For Women) / Salah Break: Thursday & Friday (confirm) / The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.