Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,100 members, 7,825,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? (3306 Views)

Smartwebng.com My Worst Mistake Ever / Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses / Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by lojik(m): 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2010
A lot of my sites(over 10 of them) hosted on smartwebng.com has not been accessible today including a site that had been published in Tuesday Guardian for job seekers to register with a deadline for a vacancy. The sites are still not accessible.

All these Nigerian hosts sef. I hope they are not threading the same path that saw NAI.RAHO.STĀ of yesteryears destroying many online businesses including one of mine?

Is anybody using smartwebng.com experiencing the same problem or is it just me

I am a proudly Nigerian person and i try to be patriotic by patronising Nigerian companies but these 9ja webhosts make me weep at times.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by abhosts(m): 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2010
Why don't you contact them? Their website appears to be loading fine.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by lojik(m): 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2010
Trust me. several calls, texts and support tickets.
They said they need time which i don't have. Their own site is working that's y i wanna know if any other person is affected.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by DualCore1: 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2010
Your site is accessible from my end.
Dunno if its among the ones inaccessible from your end.

Don't lose faith in our webhosting industry yet bro. Give 'em some time. If they have an SLA, you can ask for your compensation(s) when you are back up. You know SLAs are just one cool way of cashing in on a host's eff up. grin But it may not make up for money you lose as a result of the downtime.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by lojik(m): 12:16am On Nov 19, 2010
My personal site is not on their server. The sites affected are some of my client's sites.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by Cactus(m): 6:10am On Nov 19, 2010
first, i understand they are resellers, becoming a reseller comes withi many responsibilities. But smartwebng it is like they dont care at all, I still have an issue that they have not fixed for several months now.

I can never recommend them to anyone again. I definitely know I wont be using Nigerian resellers again go direct to source.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by lojik(m): 8:24am On Nov 19, 2010
@cactus
So which host do u use now?
Godaddy? Hostgator? Justhost?
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by Afam4eva(m): 10:09am On Nov 19, 2010
lojik:

@cactus
So which host do u use now?
Godaddy? Hostgator? Justhost?

If you must go for an American Host. I'll suggest you choose Hostgator. JustHost just an OK host. Nothing so fantastic about. Finally run away from Godaddy aka Nodaddy. They are only best for domains.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by friendehis(m): 10:25am On Nov 19, 2010
Now the issue here is Nigeria companies are not leaving up to expectation. but i want us to note something here. there is no such thing as perfect web hosting company, there is no such thing as 99% uptime. All host do go down sometime because of issues no matter how good they are.

Hw about we learn how to understand and be patient for a while. Even the world leading guys have issues
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by DualCore1: 10:31am On Nov 19, 2010
friendehis, there is 99% uptime. its just us not understanding what it means and what role it plays alongside SLA. 99.5% uptime for instance means the host can have a downtime of 3hours and 30 minutes per year. any downtime within that time frame is okay and there is nothing wrong with them. if they exceed that duration, you can press for your compensations as stated and agreed to in the service level agreement.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by Afam4eva(m): 10:38am On Nov 19, 2010
friendehis:

Now the issue here is Nigeria companies are not leaving up to expectation. but i want us to note something here. there is no such thing as perfect web hosting company, there is no such thing as 99% uptime. All host do go down sometime because of issues no matter how good they are.

Hw about we learn how to understand and be patient for a while. Even the world leading guys have issues

Ther's no perfect host but there are close to perfect host companies of which Hostgator falls into. Ironically. most problematic hosts are usually the big ones that are usually mistaken as the best rather than the biggest. Even in America the most annoying host companies are usually the most popular ones with very few exceptions. Small or growing hosts tend to be more reliable. Look at MDDHosting that was setup in 2007 by Michael Denney. They are relatively new but they have one of the best hosting reviews on the internet.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by Cactus(m): 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2010
My normal host is ixwebhosting.com

I like their service, very good not a single complaint having used them and recommended them to several clients.

Will always recommend them. If you make an order they do verification, so they will actually call u before processing the order even if u r in Nigeria. Kinda neat though.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by Afam4eva(m): 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2010
Cactus:

My normal host is ixwebhosting.com

I like their service, very good not a single complaint having used them and recommended them to several clients.

Will always recommend them. If you make an order they do verification, so they will actually call u before processing the order even if u r in Nigeria. Kinda neat though.

ixwebhosting is a host that targets low budget users such just like Justhost and fatcow. What kind of site do you host with them.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by friendehis(m): 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2010
@afam4eva

I agree with u man. The point i am trying to prove is this. Downtime result because diverse issues but how a company handle this is what make them ok or not.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by lojik(m): 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2010
Can anybody help me with the office address of smartwebng.com?
I heard they are in Port Harcourt and i may need to go there ASAP.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by DualCore1: 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2010
lojik:

Can anybody help me with the office address of smartwebng.com?
I heard they are in Port Harcourt and i may need to go there ASAP.
This thing don dey pass be careful. Are you saying they are not responding to all available support channels?
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by Cactus(m): 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2010
It is just small scale personal and business info site. They really get not much traffic.

IT serves the purpose but of course if you want better, their vps is pretty decent and you can get customised.

Works so far.

Smartwebng , difficult for them to reply to tickets on time maybe a couple days later
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by abhosts(m): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2010
Their whois clearly states where they are located:

http://www.who.is/whois/smartwebng.com/
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by doncigalo: 6:00am On Nov 20, 2010
@lojik: Please get in touch with me asap. Cheers
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by lojik(m): 12:41pm On Nov 23, 2010
Thanks all!
They've resolved the issues.

@doncigalo
call 0818 4401410
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by basking4me: 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2010
SmartWeb.show your face in J town, Na you dey spoil my business. I was with a client the other day, told the guy hosting is 20k per yr, na so the guy show me your email with price of N2000 hosting for yr,

Abeg stop am , see your host dey go offline now, ? angry
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 10, 2011
friendehis:

what the f4k do u mean b patient. Business is not run on sympathy. Time is money and a webhost that can't guarantee 99% uptime shouldnt b in business. this is the same thing the then kayode muyibi of nairahost expected me to swallow for 3 weeks while he enjoyed his xmas/new year holidays. The honest thing is Nigerian hosts clearly lack the manpower to offer any support, I wonder why people still bother. Hostgator anytime anyday.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by infomineng: 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2011
I will like to tell you guys that SMARTWEBNG are incompetent FOOLS. My advice is that you should transfer your domain to another host. This isnt the first time they would switch off their phones. DONT mind that MONKEY saying its because of the JOS CRISIS. They where up an running when the crisis was very serious. AS FOR ME, I am backing up all my sites (i can only access them through Swift Networks. As soon as this idiots switch on their phones, i will transfer all the domains that are at least 3 months old. I WILL ADVICE YOU TO DO LIKEWISE. A word is enough for the wise
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by Sub5(m): 12:42am On Feb 06, 2011
I regrated staring a web hosting business using Smartwebng.com resellers package instead of
going to the source because of payment method. Smartwebng.com is the worst of nigeria web hosting service.
Now am left with no option of finding a way of going to the source (foreign host).
i will not advice anyone to use them except they improve on their services. All the site hosted with them only load in the night and very early in the morning but will never load in the afternoon, all you get is a massage from guide.open.dns.com
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by nd1: 2:36pm On Feb 19, 2011
Smartweb Nig Ltd uptime see http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptime/SmartwebNigLtd.html
if your web hosting company have that uptime rating U MUST CLOSE SHOP! Beware!! Nigerians
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by Greatsteps: 5:11pm On Feb 21, 2011
I like Smartwebng.com. My experience with them taught me another great lesson in reseller venture- go cheap at your own risk.
I quite sympathise with all those who got injured in the Smartweb adventure.
For me, I have moved on to HOSTGATOR as a reseller. Please come over to TREASUREDHOST.COM where your sites safety is guaranteed. We accept NAIRA. ITS TIME TO MOVE ON!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by zogo(m): 6:06pm On Feb 21, 2011
so how do you order from host gator? i mean payment system.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by Greatsteps: 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2011
Please visit HOSTGATOR reseller in nigeria- www.treasuredhost.com. Your payments are made in naira.
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by Greatsteps: 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2011
As a reseller, you may have to obtain a visa or seek someone that will help you make payment online for a commission.

But if looking for reliable host for your site then visit www.treasuredhost.com. grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by jimmie(m): 9:50am On Feb 23, 2011
There is nothing wrong with them, i have hosted my site with them without any issue. check: www.kbprudence.com
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by Kingsley62: 7:56am On Feb 24, 2011
Guyz its a secret, For y0ur c0mputer s0luti0n, paid iwp server's,, free br0wsing cheats,make free calls with mtn, kindly visit www.mobteams.tk hurry up b4 registrati0n cl0ses www.mobteams.tk
Re: What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? by mrperfect(m): 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
Contact them, they may have support hours, and try to contact them during such.
I don't see any reason they should ignore their customer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Built Instant Messaging App - Qbee Chat. Download And Review / Download Any Paid Course From Udemy For Free With This Software / Top 12 Benefits Of Being A Web Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.