Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? (2532 Views)

Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses / What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by valleyice(m): 8:05pm On Jan 17, 2011
Greeting guys this happen to be my first post here.
I just want to know if anyone has been experiencing what I am experiencing with Smartweb.com right now? My website with them has not been coming up since Saturday till now, I try reaching them today on phone, i was assured that my website will come up before now only to refreshing it from then till now. i tried their number again "subscriber does not exist (glo)" and "number switch off (MTN)"
Pls anyone knows what the problem is?
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by Afam4eva(m): 8:10pm On Jan 17, 2011
What's it with smartwebng this days.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by valleyice(m): 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2011
their hosted websites will just stop opening for no reasons,
and the customer care will told there is no problem with it.
I sent a ticket since morning and till now no reply yet, their keep bouncing back.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 17, 2011
smartwebng is really given me headache, over 761 of the websites hosted by them are currently down, as reported by dailychanges and whois, two of my key websites are their. I really hope something will be done very quickly.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by gabuzee(m): 10:08pm On Jan 17, 2011
News have it that web4africa.Net av acquired smartwebng, and i know that they av bought nairahost also. I guess they are doing some handing overs and others stuff thats why ur site is not online.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 17, 2011
smartwebng is really given me headache, over 761 of the websites hosted by them are currently down, as reported by dailychanges and whois, two of my key websites are there. I really hope something will be done very quickly.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2011
@gabuzee - Where did you get the news from, and how long did you think this will last. they sent an email that they were ungrading their systems, i even called them and they obtained my website address and promised that something will be done, as if i was the only one affected.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by utimatedes(m): 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2011
@gabuzee- Handing over or not handing over should be the reason for most of the website going ofline.

If the want to move all the site hosted on smartwebng to their main server, they can do that bid by bid without most of the sites going offline.

I most site from server to server without having problem.

It means they are have foldup and I advise you should get a new hosting company and move all your files to the new server.

Their support is simply non existing.

They don't have office and if they abscond? you know what that means
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by phreakabit(m): 12:20am On Jan 18, 2011
They are a bunch of morons. Yes I said it MORONS. Did not want to do it like this but with the pain they are causing me, what more can I do. They are simply pathetic! The worst part of it is that when its time to renew your hosting contract which I dont plan on doing, they would simply Ignore these past wasted weeks.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by bug24(m): 7:47am On Jan 18, 2011
well, i'm stil waiting for more posts with the topic " I NEED THE CHEAPEST HOSTING COMPANY IN NIGERIA PLS?"

una neva start. grin
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by valleyice(m): 9:11am On Jan 18, 2011
@phreakabit, Yes! the pain they are causing is unbearable, it is so pathetic,
How can I transfer my files please to another host? Please anyone one knows should direct me since the website is still down (for over three days now).
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by Afam4eva(m): 9:42am On Jan 18, 2011
My humble advice is that once your websites come up just move your files to another server ASAP.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by schneid: 11:24am On Jan 18, 2011
I think they should be able to offer an explanation. My clients are seriously on my neck.
The most painful thing is , I just paid for their reseller hosting not up to a month now.
shiit, I ran away from foreign host, cos of visa card issues at times, now paying in naira now for easy transactions has landed me in this mess.
PLEASE SMARTWEB, WHATS GOING ON?
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by valleyice(m): 11:41am On Jan 18, 2011
@schneid

Yeah I finally hooked up with them on phone, they apologize for inconveniences. I think the issue is about server maintenance, which went initially beyond their control, but they are putting things together now, though no one knows when it will be resolve. Please lets bear with them and remember
they was once good. I pray one of their staff jumps in here an give us a better explanation. what baffles me most is their lack of communication, they should at-least communicate to clients, not waiting for complaint. I pray one of their staff come here and clarify us better.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by bug24(m): 12:58pm On Jan 18, 2011
not everyone can handle pressure. most people deploys the *SILENCE* technique in situations like this cos they know they dont have any quality explanatiopns to give.

>>> PING SMARTWEBNG.COM
Reply [ destination host unreachable please change your host]
grin
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by afrobaby(f): 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2011
I think they have dia office in jos and due to d probs in Jos, maybe dey are kinda affected
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by valleyice(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2011
Then shuld have relocate since, or let us know what the problem is.
Haba! my business is seriously affected!
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2011
i called them today and they apologized, although they said they have resolved the issue, they said the problem was only for the last weekend and that all sites are on now. even though my sites are not on.

they said i should mail them so that they can forward my site address to their technical dept for processing, guys let us try and mail them to see their response, they are pretty sorry, though i am still angry with them. i may considering changing hosting company.

they have me alot, they are killing my credibility and i can take that again. for them not to have communicated well with us, it means if this is over such will still happen again.

Lekan.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by valleyice(m): 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
@lekanesan
When did you called them? I called in the morning it rang twice with the 3rd was when they picked, yeah they are pretty sorry I understand but am angry with them seriously they should have let us know. and if they told you they have rectify the problem that is not true. one of my website has not been coming up since Saturday till now so how would they say it's be resolved? am considering another host though cuz I have some projects coming up. and am ready to tell my clients stories anymore. let be watching. I still pray one of them especially Murtala comes here and explain this angry
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by utimatedes(m): 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
@Afrobaby: I thought you have good knowledge in web server but your comment proved me wrong.

What does problem in Jos got to do with server that is located in US or Europe?

Running away from your responsibilities simply means you don't no why you are in business, and for smartwebng, it is one man business, an information marketer who does not know what its takes to provide excellent hosting services.

@BUG24: don't mind them, cheap hosting, big problem.

Get another hosting account and move your files now!

If they have hear, let them hear! Fowl where no dey hear word, na inside pot he go hear am
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 19, 2011
@valleyice.
I called their MTN line around 11. am on tuesday, that was when they said i should mail them, i have done that now but without any reply. I called them later in the evening but they did not pick the call.

Are you affected also? do you use any other hosting comapany?

@utimatedes
tell me which host you use, this guys were once good.

smartwebng are not really smart at all, there mere rubbish, their site is on, they careless about their clients. no communication at all. too bad. I really hope they will redeem their image.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by valleyice(m): 8:25am On Jan 19, 2011
@lekanesan
am seriously affected my sites are hosted by them and am not using another host. I agree with you that there was once good, but now they losing it, right am surfing to get another host for now till I have my master card.
They don't seems to be remorse. apologizing on phone? anyone can do that their mails keep bouncing back into my spam.
Is this how we are going to make a better Nigeria?
This is getting out of hand.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by bug24(m): 8:55am On Jan 19, 2011
ok now, i for say make una come use my company hosting platform but we no dey cheap o (not that its costly too).
Its specifically for our client's jobs we do and some others who know about it.

No publicities on it. tis a private server. anyone interested, bleep (yey! bleep?) beep me.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by afrobaby(f): 9:40am On Jan 19, 2011
@ultimatedes, never in ur life shud u respond to mypost and refer to me cos u are really pissing me off
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by valleyice(m): 10:37am On Jan 19, 2011
@afrobaby
take easy, it seems ur website is also affected. we will overcome this that is all i know, But for the mean time Murtala should com here and tell what is happening and when we will be expecting them rather than giving us yeye hopes.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by ewds(m): 11:04am On Jan 19, 2011
Please is there any other way I can retrieve d transfer code for my domain name with them? Since they r not available to ask. I spoke with a he-goat yesterday and told him I wanted to transfer, he pleaded and assured me that it will b up in 30mins and till now, nothing. I'm talking about a bulk sms portal so this is really killing biz 4 my client, dunno how I'l explain this. I knw I can't access my files now but I have them backed up on my system. All I need from d morons is my domain name transfer code ASAP.

Thanks in advance for ur suggestions.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by bug24(m): 11:47am On Jan 19, 2011
ewds:

I spoke with a he-goat yesterday and told him I wanted to transfer,

Ol boy, Murtala is in trouble, never knew he-goats know how to handle domain issues. thought they only bleat. mmmbaaaahhh.

Ok, here is the truth babe, no hosting company is ever willing or wanting to release domains for their clients. Irrespective of if they are doing well for you or not. its always hard for dem.

so i i'll just advice is that you keep your fingers (all ten of em together) and pray this just works. (dem neva answer ur fone, na to release domain dem go come gree for you?)
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by valleyice(m): 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2011
I managed to get on them guys they said they rectified the problem that any website not opening now should call them, but an still thinking -possibility of transfer- i wished I could. wished I had never register with them. I wonder if they knew that some of their clients want to change from lower to higher bandwidth.
Haba! is this how we beat others in IT-(Africa)
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by valleyice(m): 12:58pm On Jan 19, 2011
Am tired of refreshing my website, so confused right now.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by bug24(m): 1:05pm On Jan 19, 2011
lol, u culd put a javascript to make it refresh every 0.006 second. lol

OOps!! sorry i forgot u cant even access ur cpanel grin
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by ewds(m): 1:23pm On Jan 19, 2011
R u sayin I can't transfer my domain name, even though it's not expired? I no want refund ooo. I dash dem d money. Let them jst gv me my trf code lemme take a walk. Very poor customer service, Honestly.
Re: Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? by valleyice(m): 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2011
Finally guys we online! I pray it never happens again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Tricks To Build Quality Backlinks To Your Site / Time To Stop Running After Adsense / A Blog Content Writer Needed ASAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.