Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse (24040 Views)

Busola Dakolo And Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation: 5 Shocking Things / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Busola Dakolo's Rape Allegation Against Pastor Biodun / Busola Dakolo: I Was Raped By Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA - Timi Dakolo Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by Praizenewstv: 7:38am On Nov 17, 2019

For Busola, wife of Nigerian musician, Timi Dakolo, her coming out to give account of her alleged rape experience at the hands of Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, was a victory for her beyond the court hearing of the case.

Busola, a professional photographer, made this known on Thursday night while reacting to the judgment by Justice Oathman Musa, who had earlier that day dismissed the suit filed by her and asked the she pays N1m for wasting the court’s time.

The judge posited that the matter amounts to injustice and an abuse of judicial process, adding that the case was empty and purely sentimental.

Justice Musa insisted that the case was aimed more at cruelty than obtaining justice.

But reacting to the ruling shortly after the judge’s pronouncement, Busola, through her lawyer, Pelumi Olajengbesi, disclosed that she was going to appeal the matter.

In a post on her official Instagram handle, Busola said, “When I set about confronting one of my biggest fears and a horrible experience from my past, the first hurdle was finding the confidence to. Victims usually do not find a place for their voice, certainly not in our deeply conservative country where might is right and a virtue while innocence is a licence for abuse and disregard.

“I had no illusions about the herculean task before me in not only openly confronting the man behind the mask but seeking remedy and sanction against him before the court.

“I set out to ease the hurt, the sense of shame and abuse, the nightmares and traumas not by securing judicial victory only but by boldly sharing my story and calling out my transgressor robed in the vestiges of clerical power and pretence.

“I understood and accepted that by voicing out was silencing the screams in the night.

“Ever since my story broke, the reactions were mixed but largely comforting. I noted that otherwise hushed victims of rape and sexual abuse were taking a cue from my stoicism in the face of ridicule and opposition and sharing their equally appalling stories.

“It is in this response that my victory was sealed, in knowing that one woman's boldness could encourage others and challenge the institutionalised silence and the repression of the victim's narrative by a culture of guilt-tripping, stigma and an inexplicable clamour to make irrational excuses for sexual offenders.

“Even so, there is much to be said about what transpired in court.

“In the court's wisdom, my legal action is statue barred and that means the time has passed within which I could or should have initiated the suit.

“The substance of the suit which is my allegations of sexual abuse leading to emotional distress on my person against Mr Biodun Fatoyinbo has neither been entertained by the court nor ruled upon. I believe that the effect of the injurious claim is a continuous one that transcends time and place.

“This has only made me to wonder more what a country we have. I was particularly surprised at the hearing of the case when the court said the file was missing and later when the court said my own processes cannot be found and finally the case is out of time. This only shows that we have a lot to address to bring sanity to our country.

“Today, I am glad that my voice is not silenced and this is victory for me. I must encourage every woman out there to keep the pace and never stop voicing out against the evil of rape and sexual abuse.

“We must not give up for our victory lies more in finding our voice than anything else.”

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2019/11/15/never-stop-voicing-out-against-rape-sexual-abuse-says-busola-dakolo

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by Praizenewstv: 7:38am On Nov 17, 2019
smiley hmmm she right

See More Photos and Watch the Rape Allegation Video ===> HERE

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by Deomovies: 7:42am On Nov 17, 2019
Yes you're right maam.... And it should be early not later when you had a voice. If you can't voice out at the moment, meet a guardian that can put you through both spiritually and lawfully. Thanks.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by Ajokebayyy: 7:45am On Nov 17, 2019
Absolutely

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by KanuSE: 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
This girl again. undecided

Busola needs to change her legal team as they're not doing a good job.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by lilmax(m): 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
Your husband's plan to shame a man because you were knacked didn't work, so MOVE

You should not have special treatment because you're a celeb

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by ukilidi92: 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
sad

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by ayukdaboss(m): 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
Madam abeg park well. The real rape victims have no one to fight for them, you all spent so much time and resources on social media fighting a dead case for reasons best known to you. As we speak a young girl in the North is being raped by one old fool, you'll see it in the news sometimes but no one really to fight for them

116 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by Prec1ous(m): 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
Yeah, don't stop but with EVIDENCE too!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by geloorrrrdd(m): 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
Most importantly, only voice out when you experience it. Don't go about faking up stories that don't add up.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by RamseyBolton: 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
May your sons be accused of rape like you have accused another man's father and husband.
Because dem knack you sara. When dem dey give other babes 10k, dem give you only Krest drink. The thing still dey pain you till tomorrow that you never became Mrs. Fatoyinbo.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by ekwuemendinso(m): 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2019

shocked

It's so amazing when individuals don't know when to shut it! Madam, just shut up!

Whatever happened should be between you, your God and the pastor... This is so especially as you just woke up only more than 15yrs ago.

Admit it; if it happened you sure enjoyed it... Being stupid you decided to still cash out on him because he is now famous. Supposing the pastor ended up a barrow-pusher, would you still have the effrontery to go public let alone to court?

Just note your children, grandchildren, your entire family and the whole world now knows you were never a Virgin; that you fu.k.ed anyhow roughly. Infact, you are a fuc.k.er. Shameful of you. A big secret that may have remained.

For the ruling, it's so good as it would serve as deterrent to stupid oloshos that might wake up one day to tarnish individuals/personalities just because he don make am. Neymar and Davido comes to mind...

Shameful!

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by Greengrass260: 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
Na wao. She should calm down.

Meanwhile, Watch TEDDY-A AND Bambam white wedding ceremony below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C8ZA10iidg

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by alfredov: 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by Esycoco(f): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
Odiegwu undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by kingjrofficial(m): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
How

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by Sunnycliff(m): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
Voice out with facts and evidences and not social media justice.

Judges don't give rulings based on emotions or public opinion.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by shogsman(m): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
Next we’ll hear now is that she’s releasing a BOOK.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by AllenSpencer: 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
Deomovies:
Yes you're right maam.... And it should be early not later when you had a voice. If you can't voice out at the moment, meet a guardian that can put you through both spiritually and lawfully. Thanks.

You are very right but not has easy has you stated.

How many girls can come out to say they were raped days after assualt. Some even die with the trauma.

It's just like telling a cultist to come out and give the full names of people he has killed.

15 Likes

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by femi4: 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
WEll said

1 Like

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by GeneralPula: 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
This lady looks decent!

Something tells me she was in love with the guy man years back!

Well something is telling me again that the love isn’t dead yet! grin

Abi no be woman again!
lipsrsealed

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by H2Ossss(m): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
Liar

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by KingAzubuike(f): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
Shut up blackmailer.

What really happened was that she had a relationship with biodun but he dumped her and moved on with his life. Busola was so bitter the man who dumped her is making progress in life she resulted to making false accusations. I'm sure they must have had sex fine but it was consensual not rape. She is just a bitter human being.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by olaarie(m): 4:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
In my opinion, she was raped years ago...she dated the man for some time sef wink

But she is speaking out in revenge on been ignored and dumped grin

Chai.....

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by Patosky4U: 4:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
Is okay... Pls the guy below me has something to say
Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by lessonsoflife: 4:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
Never call a groundnut seller when you don't have money to buy.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by ainas247: 4:47pm On Nov 17, 2019

If Pastor Abiodun Raped her like
If Busola has lied Share

Let's settle this

5 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by Fedrams: 4:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
This girl again. Who rape you? You gave it free and enjoyed it only to come out after many years that someone rape u. Shameless dog

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by babyfaceafrica: 4:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
audio rape

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by mascot87(m): 4:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
Can this Olosho shut the f**k up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busola Dakolo: Never Stop Voicing Out Against Rape And Sexual Abuse by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2019
I just pitied the woman as the judgement didn't favour her. Her exposing her family and herself is my concern. The stigma would take forever to get erased.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Men Who Have Been Romantically Involved With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe / Picture Of Inyanya Before And After / Damilola Adegbite: I’m Not Perfect, It’s All Angles And Edits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.