Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Is Heaven God's Dwelling Place - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Heaven God's Dwelling Place (277 Views)

What Is Heaven Like? / Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? / Preparing For Rapture, Part 12; Crisis In Heaven (god's Emergency Plan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Heaven God's Dwelling Place by MhizVee(f): 11:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
Often times, I have had to question where God stayed or lived before time began, where he lived before he created the heaven, going through the scriptures I began to have an understanding of where God lived and still lives before and after time began.

When God created the earth, the first thing he introduced to the earth was 'light' which was an hint of his dwelling place, he said "let there be light".

Often time, a man's abode is discerned by his language, his accent, his dressing.

The language God speaks is "light" check through the scripture, there are countless number of times were the term "light" was used.

Isaiah 60:1 it says "Arise shine, for thy light is come, and the glory of the lord is risen upon you" After light was mentioned, God followed.

John 1:3 says "in him was life, and the life was light unto all men (it then means for you to come in contact with God's dwelling place, there is a life you must first have an encounter with) I think this life is 'eternal life'.

Have you ever wondered why darkness cannot comprehend 'light', it is not because light is a force that repels darkness.

It is because 'light' is God's dwelling place.

Another thing is this, when man encounters the life, he comes in contact with the light, ask Paul the Apostle.

God is not an old man, just sitting on a throne in heaven, God is not static, he moves.

God does not live in heaven, if heaven were his dwelling place, he wouldn't say heaven and earth will fade, so if heaven fades, where will God live? Have you ever thought about that?

I think heaven is where God sits and oversees the earth.

God says in scriptures that "heaven is my throne" ( does a throne depict that heaven is his dwelling place?). Does the judgement seat of Judges in court depicts that a court is where Judges live? Of course, no.

God's language is light, he dwells in light, 1 Timothy 6:16 explains this "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen (KJV).

"who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen" 1 Timothy 6:16 (NKJV)

"who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen". 1 Timothy 6:16 NIV

Watch out for my next post

(1) (Reply)

AUDIO: Bro. Chima Njimaezi Gospel Album / Why “Biblical Marriage,” Not “Traditional Marriage?” / Christian Writers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.