Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

What Is Heaven Like? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Heaven Like? (11056 Views)

Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? / Is Heaven Real? / 3 Viral Images Of "Jesus" In 3 Months! Is Heaven Trying To Say Something To Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Heaven Like? by Banilla: 5:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
How is it? What do we do there? What do we become?

I'll take any answer whether it's your opinion, a vision, from a holy book.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2023
Banilla:
■How is it? What do we do there? What do we become? I'll take any answer whether it's your opinion, a vision, from a holy book. Thanks.
Heaven is only possible for those who are born-again. So, why worry about that which does not concern you? undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by galadima77(m): 5:31pm On Jan 14, 2023
A place for the righteous

7 Likes

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Banilla: 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Heaven is only possible for those who are born-again. So, why worry about that which does not concern you? undecided
I have lived a sinful life. I don't want to turn to dust or burn in hell for all eternity.

I need to know what I'm earning before I decide to be born again. smiley

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Banilla: 5:34pm On Jan 14, 2023
galadima77:
A place for the righteous
But what is it like? No one knows? Someone here said all we do is sing there. Is this true?

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2023
You mean Paradise? Simple definition. It's a reward for those who fulfil God's purpose on earth and its content and quality is far far far sophisticated than anything you can imagine.

You can forget about the rest of the details.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by emorse(m): 5:39pm On Jan 14, 2023
in portable's voice Even pastor no wan go heaven.. grin grin grin grin grin

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Banilla: 5:40pm On Jan 14, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
You mean Paradise? Simple definition. It's a reward for those who fulfil God's purpose on earth and its content and quality is far far far sophisticated than anything you can imagine.

Revelation made it sound scary but what do I know? Nothing!

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2023
Banilla:
■I have lived a sinful life. I don't want to turn to dust or burn in hell for all eternity.
■I need to know what I'm earning before I decide to be born again. smiley
1. Sin, the disobedience, violation, or transgression of God's Law, is defined by God's Law. What that means is that you would first need to be under God's Law before you can be said to be in disobedience or transgression of said Law. For instance, you cannot be said to have violated Nigerian Law if you have never been in Nigeria or under Nigerian jurisdiction, to begin with.

And since Jesus Christ is God's Law in the Kingdom of God, you will first need to have been born-again, in order to be considered a sinner, living a sinful life under the Law. undecided

2. Well, I suggest you instead begin by counting the cost as Heaven will cost you everything you own and are here on earth. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Banilla: 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Sin, the disobedience, violation, or transgression of God's Law, is defined by God's Law. What that means is that you would first need to be under God's Law before you can be said to be in disobedience or transgression of said Law. For instance, you cannot be said to have violated Nigerian Law if you have never been in Nigeria or under Nigerian jurisdiction, to begin with.

And since Jesus Christ is God's Law in the Kingdom of God, you will first need to have been born-again, in order to be considered a sinner, living a sinful life under the Law. undecided

2. Well, I suggest you instead begin by counting the cost as Heaven will cost you everything you own and are here on earth. undecided

I forgot. When I become born again, my past would be behind me, it wouldn't matter. That's reassuring.

I don't mind. I am willing to give up everything.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
Banilla:
■I forgot. When I become born again, my past would be behind me, it wouldn't matter. That's reassuring.
■I don't mind. I am willing to give up everything.
1. We are talking about being eternally conscious of your existence. At least when you die and are turned to dust you cease to exist. i.e. finally rest from the worries of this world. But being eternal means there is no end to you. Are you sure this is what you want for yourself? Once you are in, there is out. undecided

2. You don't mind having to sell all you have to give it away to the poor? You don't mind abandoning your family, friends, reputation, ego, self-worth, status in society, etc. all so you can become a slave to God? You are ready to even have to be killed by others for choosing to live for God and not for yourself? undecided
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
The Heavens God made for His spirit children (angels) but earth is where He designed for humans {Psalms 115:16} it's none of our business what goes on in the spirit realms since we already have our own place that's why God's word said:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and desolate, and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep, and God’s active force was moving about over the surface of the waters! Genesis 1:1-2

Did you notice that God said nothing further about how heavens look like?
Well that's because it's of no concern to readers of this book, the place God purposely created for us is EARTH! smiley

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by sonmvayina(m): 7:13pm On Jan 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
The Heavens God made for His spirit children (angels) but earth is where He designed for humans {Psalms 115:16} it's none of our business what goes on in the spirit realms since we already have our own place that's why God's word said:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and desolate, and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep, and God’s active force was moving about over the surface of the waters! Genesis 1:1-2

Well that's because it's of no concern to readers of this book, the place God purposely created for us is EARTH! smiley

Wao...this is brilliant coming from you...

Like they say "every dog gets his day"

But this is only one part of it...

The other half......you have to find it..

4 Likes

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:46pm On Jan 14, 2023
Everything has been excellent but you're the one trashing it due to sentiment!

Meanwhile go and teach your students what you know then help them in the worship of your God! wink

sonmvayina:

Wao...this is brilliant coming from you...
Like they say "every dog gets his day"
But this is only one part of it...
The other half......you have to find t..
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by sonmvayina(m): 8:13pm On Jan 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Everything has been excellent but you're the one trashing it due to sentiment!

Meanwhile go and teach your students what you know then help them in the worship of your God! wink

That's the part you are missing..

A little heads up...there is only one power in the universe! It's the name that is different.

Keep digging ....you might just hit the jackpot.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES whatever you hear from me is the same you'll hear from my over 8,000,000 brothers and sisters throughout the world. John 17:22; 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3
So stop dreaming! smiley

sonmvayina:

That's the part you are missing..
A little heads up...there is only one power in the universe! It's the name that is different.
Keep digging ....you might just hit the jackpot.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by sonmvayina(m): 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES whatever you hear from me is the same you'll hear from my over 8,000,000 brothers and sisters throughout the world. John 17:22; 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3
So stop dreaming! smiley

It does not mean it is true or correct...

You just don't want to accept the fact you belong to a cult and that you have been lied to...

The day you figure that out will be the first day of your liberation and redemption.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:39pm On Jan 14, 2023
I will never ever leave God's organization. In fact i will kneel and beg with tears if they are angry for whatever i did wrong and i will humble myself to make amendments quickly so as to remain one of Jehovah's Witnesses! Psalms 133:1 smiley

sonmvayina:

It does not mean it is true or correct...
You just don't want to accept the fact you belong to a cult and that you have been lied to...
The day you figure that out will be the first day of your liberation and redemption.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by sonmvayina(m): 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
I will never ever leave God's organization. In fact i will kneel and beg with tears if they are angry for whatever i did wrong and i will humble myself to make amendments quickly so as to remain one of Jehovah's Witnesses! Psalms 133:1 smiley

Then the brain washing is really deeper seated..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2023
Better to be brainwashed in the midst of God's organized and orderly people than your self esteemed isolated thinking! cheesy
sonmvayina:

Then the brain washing is really deeper seated..

3 Likes

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:08am On Jan 15, 2023
Banilla:
I have lived a sinful life. I don't want to turn to dust or burn in hell for all eternity.

I need to know what I'm earning before I decide to be born again. smiley

Your first obstacle is would God forgive you?

If you have burnt out your forgiveness grace, nothing for you.

And especially you women, in spite of the fact that your mother Eve destroyed everything, God still tried giving you people a chance but no you people always always reject His Hand and follow the ways of your mother Eve.

So I don't think you have any grace left especially when you sold your virginity in spite of God's Help and Warning!
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:09am On Jan 15, 2023
Banilla:
But what is it like? No one knows? Someone here said all we do is sing there. Is this true?

I know. It is a very very very sweet place.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:12am On Jan 15, 2023
UnusualEmissary:

There is heaven. Read the Bible again, you would see that heaven and earth are always together. And you might have been there,if you are God loving that is.

It is not for nothing we sing "heart like heaven" or "a touch of heaven" (both Hillsong) if your spirit man is alive you would see it and visit it regularly.

If your spirit man ain't living, it means you are dead even though you live.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:17am On Jan 15, 2023
emorse:
in portable's voice Even pastor no wan go heaven.. grin grin grin grin grin

Na fake pastor na im know say e no fit go heaven. Heaven don lock am out.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:18am On Jan 15, 2023
Banilla:
Revelation made it sound scary but what do I know? Nothing!

That is proof that you are not qualified to go there. That is the meaning of cut off.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:22am On Jan 15, 2023
Banilla:

I forgot. When I become born again, my past would be behind me, it wouldn't matter. That's reassuring.

I don't mind. I am willing to give up everything.

I know you are lost already but that guy is one of the devils here to lead you astray. So if you had any chance before, he guarantees that you would have none.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:29am On Jan 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Just say heaven is closed (brass) to you and you do not know how to enter it and for God showed us how we could enter it.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:38am On Jan 15, 2023
Oya dey go nobody dey stop you nah! embarassed

Dtruthspeaker:

Just say heaven is closed (brass) to you and you do not know how to enter it and for God showed us how we could enter it.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:44am On Jan 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Oya dey go nobody dey stop you nah! embarassed

I just come back so I dey ground to play here. grin
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by 4tomandchi: 9:04am On Jan 15, 2023
As simple as it sounds Jesus said "Heaven is within you".

So many christians believe Heaven is a fancy building somewhere waiting to be given to them as reward for righteousness but in reality the reverse is the case while on earth you must buil your Heaven by purity of heart and maintaining a good relationship with your neighbors.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Samuel1402(m): 9:04am On Jan 15, 2023
k
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by AyemafugeILAJE: 9:05am On Jan 15, 2023
I've seen it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? / Shocking Messages To Pastors From Those Who Saw Heaven/hell And Came Back / Reasons Why Jesus Christ Was Crucified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.