Stats: 3,152,454 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

What Is Special About Lagos People Are Moving To On Daily Bases - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Special About Lagos People Are Moving To On Daily Bases (449 Views)

Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

What Is Special About Lagos People Are Moving To On Daily Bases by DieselGen: 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2019
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Greetings Fellow Nairalanders,
Please, matured advice only for those more experienced in situations like this would be highly appreciated.
I live and work in Lagos with my family since 10 years. Wife is busy  with a good business that has helped the family in trying times. No doubt, it's a small business,  but we know any business well managed can sell well in Lagos because of population density.  The kids attend good school. Imagine a full grown man has no #2,000 savings in his bank account even though all bills are paid and everything looks good, Everything seems like rat race. In the next couple of weeks again, we'll  start worrying about school feels, and the cycle goes on and on year after year, hoping that there are better opportunities that  may come someday.I got a job in another state, with less pay, less stress, but with peace of mind. I can drive within 20 minutes to my office, sleep 5 hours a night, less pollution which I can not achieve in Lagos.
The problem now is, wifee loves Lagos and doesn't welcome the idea of leaving the city. Seems am on my own, but I love my family.  Anytime I visit them, immediately I return, I'll have health issues like sore throat, tongue etc, I suspect this to be water or environmental effects from Lagos.
Last experience that scared me, I got another chance for an interview last month in a company slated for 12pm, I left my house 8am and got there 11:45am for a journey of 58minutes on Google map.
Long story short,  I've been here for 10 years, but never happy here since then because of the lifestyle,  yet my wife loves this crowded city. I think the stress here doesn't worth it. Please, share your opinion on how I can find happiness again with my family living together in a place I like.
Note,  other cities don't have the opportunities here...
Re: What Is Special About Lagos People Are Moving To On Daily Bases by chukwuibuipob: 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
wink 10 yrs and u dnt knw how to jump out/down from moving molue /danfo in motion. Young man,ti survive in lagos,u must have a THICK SKIN. U must be ready to wake up@ 3.00Am and hit the road at 4.weda ur office dey mainland/ island, no time for slow pipu here./arrive home ar 11pm sad.chop and sleep.
Re: What Is Special About Lagos People Are Moving To On Daily Bases by tpiar: 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2019
Work and opportunities.
Re: What Is Special About Lagos People Are Moving To On Daily Bases by Crixxx: 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2019
Its the same way people are moving out

And probably because it was the former capital of Nigerian and the government work a lot on the state which now leads to opportunities.. Nothing really special
Re: What Is Special About Lagos People Are Moving To On Daily Bases by DieselGen: 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
wink 10 yrs and u dnt knw how to jump out/down from moving molue /danfo in motion. Young man,ti survive in lagos,u must have a THICK SKIN. U must be ready to wake up@ 3.00Am and hit the road at 4.weda ur office dey mainland/ island, no time for slow pipu here./arrive home ar 11pm sad.chop and sleep.

Haha, this is totally insane. A lot of mentally insane fellows in that noisy overcrowded state. 60% are poor, 30% are living a fake life. Only few got the wealth. Is that what you're enjoying?
Re: What Is Special About Lagos People Are Moving To On Daily Bases by chukwuibuipob: 1:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
DieselGen:

Haha, this is totally insane. A lot of mentally insane fellows in that noisy overcrowded state. 60% are poor, 30% are living a fake life. Only few got the wealth. Is that what you're enjoying?
so abnornal,werey plus pipu nor roam up/down in State? Ilu EKO"Ilu ogbon.Lagos for show.Pipu here work, dey dnt cum here to count bridge
Re: What Is Special About Lagos People Are Moving To On Daily Bases by pocohantas(f): 3:02pm On Nov 19, 2019
Heya. I can feel your pains.

You know Lagos is like a country inside a country. Everything happens there. It has opportunities, infrastructure, ease of career developments...etc. Ironically, a very large percentage of Lagosians would never be able to access these things till they die. Maybe due to lack of funds or time.

When I was younger, during Xmas - people in the East would wait for we LAGOS chapter to arrive, like royals that we were. Not minding that we sometimes bought 3 seats for 7 persons (in Ekenedilichukwu or Chisco) and couldn't even afford buying suya at Benin.

-Oloshos in some remote states, consider it an upgrade moving to Lagos- it doesn't matter if they squat in a room with 10 other sisters.

Sometimes, some women forget the longterm goal, or maybe they just leave the man to bother his head about it- while they keep up appearances. You people need to have a retirement plan and with what you described, it is far from you. Except your wife is into a business or career that is very pro-Lagos, you need to wake her to the harsh realities of life. After the glitz of being a Lagosian, what next?

Sit her down and explain these things to her. Let her know it is taking a toll on your health. Is she bothered about the kids or she just can't stand going from a Lagos woman to an Onitsha or Osogbo woman.

Last last, all these things na buga, it is peace of mind and your longrun achievements that counts.

Re: What Is Special About Lagos People Are Moving To On Daily Bases by CareerBegger: 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
DieselGen:

you have to fake it till you make it bro. Its called packaging

I also opened a thread about leaving lagos a week ago. I guess people think alike
Re: What Is Special About Lagos People Are Moving To On Daily Bases by izzou(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
Anybody telling you Lagos is a peaceful place to live has probably never lived somewhere else before

In Lagos, being "smart" means you have to act mad or impatient.

The only advantage of here is there are opportunities to survive. Just buy a big bowl and put #100 satchet water and you'll earn something

Asides that, people here are suffering

Re: What Is Special About Lagos People Are Moving To On Daily Bases by DieselGen: 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
pocohantas:
Heya. I can feel your pains.

You know Lagos is like a country inside a country. Everything happens there. It has opportunities, infrastructure, ease of career developments...etc. Ironically, a very large percentage of Lagosians would never be able to access these things till they die. Maybe due to lack of funds or time.

When I was younger, during Xmas - people in the East would wait for we LAGOS chapter to arrive, like royals that we were. Not minding that we sometimes bought 3 seats for 7 persons (in Ekenedilichukwu or Chisco) and couldn't even afford buying suya at Benin.

-Oloshos in some remote states, consider it an upgrade moving to Lagos- it doesn't matter if they squat in a room with 10 other sisters.

Sometimes, some women forget the longterm goal, or maybe they just leave the man to bother his head about it- while they keep up appearances. You people need to have a retirement plan and with what you described, it is far from you. Except your wife is into a business or career that is very pro-Lagos, you need to wake her to the harsh realities of life. After the glitz of being a Lagosian, what next?

Sit her down and explain these things to her. Let her know it is taking a toll on your health. Is she bothered about the kids or she just can't stand going from a Lagos woman to an Onitsha or Osogbo woman.

Last last, all these things na buga, it is peace of mind and your longrun achievements that count.

���
Thanks for your points. You really nailed it in the last paragraph.
Imagine a guy in Benin or Delta who could afford a piece of land for 1million and start off his project, and with 5 million self person no fit see em for Lagos, last last, na your achievements and peace of mind matter pass...
Thanks again

O. B. Lulu-briggs: The Real Reasons Dumo Wants Another Autopsy On His Father / Simple And Reliable Business Opportunity / Join The Sos Motor Club