Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor (52150 Views)

Family Members Of Asoma Banda Clash Over His Wealth In Hospital / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by benjackugo: 10:39am On Mar 21, 2021
Sex therapist, Angela Nwosu has given her opinion on why family members of some rich people are poor, IgbereTV reports.

Taking to her Facebook page, she wrote;

Nigerians think that once you are rich, all your family members must be rich. They forget that being rich takes a whole lot. You worked your way out of poverty, you had the drive and the ambition, which might not be the same for your family members.

You can give someone 50 million, they won’t still be rich, but give another person 50k, what they will achieve with the money will shock you. A lot of family members are comfortable with hand me downs from any of their sibling that is doing well. They want to use expensive phones, wear expensive clothes, without doing anything for a living. They want the type of life they didn’t work for, that is not sustainable, all because they have a rich sibling.

If you force them to get a life, think of something they can do, so that you will establish them to hustle and work their ways out, they come up with no single business idea, no craft, all they want is to get the money from you, waste it and come back for more, they don’t care how it makes you feel, as long as you have the money, they are entitled to it, because they are family, until you allow them wreck you and pull you down to their level.

Society will judge you for having money and living rich, while you have siblings that are not doing well in life. Very wrong mentality, frustrating one at that. You can only take a horse to the river, but you can’t force the horse to drink water.

Ask such people what exactly they want to do in life, they come up with absolutely nothing. Tell them to tell you what they can do with 5 million naira, they tell you to give them the money first, that they will figure it out later, that goes to show that they have no ambition, no plans at all, they just want to get money from their rich sibling and waste it, believing there’s more where that came from.

I personally don’t believe one should have mandatory responsibility over their siblings. That you are willing to help people you didn’t give birth to, doesn’t mean you are responsible for them, especially adults.

You see someone that has ambition, they have drive and lucrative business ideas, all they need is capital from you, as compared to a sibling that only wants money to waste. You know what is right, but chose to give your sibling, all because of your warped mentality, you think the universe will bless you? For how long do you think you will continue to do such?

When I hear things like, ‘see how rich he is, but his siblings are suffering in the village’ I shake my head with reckless abandon, the mentality is a terrible one. Don’t judge what you don’t know, your obligatory mentality is wrong.

I believe in pushing people that wants to be pushed, family members or not, and ignore those that are only comfortable with hand me downs, feeling entitled to the sweat of their siblings, uncles or aunties.

It’s different, if your siblings actually have business ideas, and you refuse to help them, then that is sheer wickedness.

To read is human, to understand is divine!

#angienation

Udo!
https://www.facebook.com/845291392244249/posts/3529596767147018/?app=fbl

123 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Bornsinner7: 10:45am On Mar 21, 2021
Na wetin make me fail waec.. any question wey just dey lengthy a bit I dey skip am..

Anyway, I agree with her.. I know a guy that plays football professionally like he has played in Europe, Saudi Arabia and still playing at a club somewhere.. I have seen some of his post with big names training together and this guy own big big properties here in Nigeria.. I still wonder what kinda of brother he is when I see his younger brother on the street...

But one thing I'd suggest is when you make money.. instead of handing them cash to lavish or waiting for them to tell you about their business idea.. I'd rather you open businesses and make them managers, supervisors etc just engage them

207 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Ekakamba: 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
Hustle oooo....

A time will come (if it hasn't) when your siblings (or you) will absolutely concentrate on their family (especially children) not their adult siblings.

Don't misunderstand me.

grin tongue

135 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by DrBrainstorm(m): 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
I cannot be stinkingly rich, as in a multi-billionaire and have poor family members.

Low budget Inspirational abi na motivational speaker

144 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by eleko1: 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
sad Singing Sunny Add DESTINY cool sad grin sad wink.A subtle for hard work is HARD LIFE.My old man train us well.We wake up at 3 and hit the road at 4..Hard work doesn't kill.If u like,sleep,eat/watch TV from 7 AM to 12 midnight.U'll remain at one spot

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Xscape047: 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
Envy
Jealousy
Hatred
Pride

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Dpriestoo(m): 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
Chai

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by D6thSense: 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
If this advice was coming from someone who made it from clean ventures or by God's mercy, I will gladly take it but not one who made a path with the DEVIL to get wealth.

Talk is cheap and motivations are often from a speaker or writer's perspective of life but the word of God remains the standard for life and living.

'Give, and it shall be given to you; good measure, pressed, and shaken, and running over, they shall give into your bosom; for with that measure with which ye measure, it shall be measured to you again.'. Luke 6:38

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by flemsy15(m): 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
But it still baffles me how someone can be very close to a rich person and instead of asking the person to show u way make u too dey alright, u dey ask am "anything for d boys?, bottle Ur guys naaa, I go like chop fish for Ur hand one of dis weekends, etc"

But a little correction to what she said, some rich men prefer to help u with small small money than teach u d way, once u tell them to teach u d way or help u start up something, wahala don dey. Some want to be the richest in their family.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by PoliteActivist: 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
But giving to your sibs is part of the fun of being rich

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by sofeo(m): 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
Ok
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by NwaNimo1(m): 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
Ada, biko....go Siddon!

[img]https://media./images/ac5ecb53eda4d3011be648f4873987ac/tenor.gif[/img]

Ozigbo ozigbo....

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kupunti

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Hogan17: 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
They always knocking at the gate
SMH!
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by MufasaLion: 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
Family of the rich only wants to be given fish. Most of them don't want to learn how to fish because they're lazy and feel entitled.

Some rich people too are stingy and some don't want you to be rich and they tend to bait you by giving you fish but once you take the bait you'll forever go to them for fish.

Simple!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by MrIcredible: 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
This local ogbaje chicken too don turn motivational speaker grin

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by jospepper(m): 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
Nigerians will say their rich brother used their Star to make wealth.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by stunnert(m): 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
Wealth comes from the mindset not from your rich family members.

Anyways lemme go and smoke my Canadian loud cool

4 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by eleko1: 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
sad In dis obodo 9ja even the poor man dey compete with Rich man .They Marry 4 wives,live in a F 2 F Baba Taju house and breed children like RATS sad.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Ubykcee(m): 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
I agree. I think some family members need to be educated on this.

It's not just about giving them money but what they do to establish themselves

5 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by illicit(m): 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
God will not let marry this type of woman....

5 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by femi4: 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
Let me pretend say I read am
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by DSC7: 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
No body cares.....
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by RRodwave(m): 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
Ok

2 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by pozehnani(f): 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
How about employing them to work and earn the money instead of giving them handdowns since you feel they'll won't be prudent with it?

Everybody just wants to trend.

We have heard you.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by OluwaseunObama: 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
So true

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by ewaski(m): 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
cool
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Highman1900(m): 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
most of the reach people didn't care about their family, and the problem arouse from their wife that doesn't know the background of the family.

7 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Enudapan: 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

African poor people and there hatred for the rich fellow be like 5 and 6
Most won't like to humble themselves to obtain favor and connections from the rich

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by tolet(f): 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Na wetin make me fail waec.. any question wey just dey lengthy a bit I dey skip am..

Anyway, I agree with her.. I know a guy that plays football professionally like he has played in Europe, Saudi Arabia and still playing at a club somewhere.. I have seen some of his post with big names training together and this kind own big big properties here in Nigeria.. I still wonder what kinda of brother he is when I see his younger brother on the street...

Open business and let them be managers,you say?

Go ask those that have tried it in the past,they would tell you stories.
Many of these family members will finish the business without accountability and taking responsibility for the failures and still plan the person for asking them how they managed the business.

But one thing I'd suggest is when you make money.. instead of handing them cash to lavish to waiting for them to tell you about their business idea.. I'd rather you open businesses and make them manages, supervisors etc just engage them

Open business and engage them,you say?

9 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Ademolaononuga: 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
Truth well said. Nothing makes me puke than having a leech around me like I owe you something when you're not willing to do anything to change your circumstances. I will simply write you off in my mind and nothing will make me change my opinion.

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chinese Man Rocks His Nigerian Wife's Behind At An Event (pics) / This Baby Face Something Is Not Working For Me / NAF Airlifts Conjoined Twins Back To Yenagoa After A Successful Surgery (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.