Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,861 members, 7,851,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:24 AM

Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? (2598 Views)

Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by ImaIma1(f): 6:06am On Nov 21, 2019
MisterKings:

This is actually where I am headed, is it still okay when you are not in good terms and she enters your pot in your absence

There are some things you should not react negatively to. It might not go down well with me but if that's her way of acting, I have to make sure peace reigns somehow and let her be. Whatever grievances I have with her, I'll discuss with my husband.
Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by ImaIma1(f): 6:11am On Nov 21, 2019
cococandy:

Okay like short visit versus living with you?

Anyway to me, it’s the same. I think even if they just came they can go straight to the pot and eat whatever they like.

But different homes different rules I guess.

There's a level of closeness you have with someone that they can do that without problems. But someone that doesn't have a good relationship with you will think twice before walking to your pot except they just want to look for trouble.

If they are staying, it's different
Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:22am On Nov 21, 2019
MisterKings:
Ladies what would you do if your mother in law came visiting for a few and goes to your kitchen to serve her food without your permission or consent.

women are very proud of their kitchens,

cultural where am from (zimbabwe) its sign of disrespect for daughter or mother in law to use utensils or take food with asking permission in their respective kitchens

unless the two have a good relationship, but still they both ask permission as a way to respecting one's property

this also applies to us men, i can not go grab whisky from the cabinet without asking permission

we just have to respect each others home irregardless that s/he is married to son/daughter

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by prettysassygirl(f): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2019
MisterKings:
Ladies what would you do if your mother in law came visiting for a few and goes to your kitchen to serve her food without your permission or consent.
i dont understand,do they need permission to eat again,whats wrong with a trusted family member going around the house freely? i dont see anything wrong with that abeg,some people would just be giving too much importance to food,poverty mentality.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by Mariangeles(f): 10:15am On Nov 21, 2019
MisterKings:

Well, I'd say it depends on the family orientation.
What is common to one, might seem odd to another .

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by blank(f): 11:38am On Nov 21, 2019
ImaIma1:

Eating my food is not something I get angry about. There's a level of feeling free with someone that you will be able to walk straight to the pot. It's not out of spite or disrespect but familiarity and togetherness.

It's not the same with an inlaw that doesn't share any kind of cordial relationship or closeness just walking straight to your pot.

I have had even my husband's friends and some family go and open pot, fridge, etc. They eat and even take away. When my MIL comes, she could ask "wetin you cook?" or something but she she doesn't just go and start searching.

Even for me, there are some people I visit and I can go to the pot while some others I behave myself

So your MIL falls into the category of those who should behave themselves? Her going to your pot will be out of spite and disrespect?

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by nlPoster: 11:58am On Nov 21, 2019
blank:

So your MIL falls into the category of those who should behave themselves? Her going to your pot will be out of spite and disrespect?

Why are you so emotional, are you her mil's pr?
Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by blank(f): 12:04pm On Nov 21, 2019
nlPoster:

Why are you so emotional, are you her mil's pr?

I'm a MIL in the making. tongue.

Just need to understand some people's mindset. My SIL don't act like that. I enjoy having my MIL. Wondering why someone will see their MIL as an enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by nlPoster: 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2019
blank:

I'm a MIL in the making. tongue.

Just need to understand some people's mindset. My SIL don't act like that. I enjoy having my MIL. Wondering why someone will see their MIL as an enemy.

You are not them.

Enjoy your own inlaws and let others be.
Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by blank(f): 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2019
nlPoster:

You are not them.

Enjoy your own inlaws and let others be.

Yes Sir.
Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by nlPoster: 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2019
blank:

Yes Sir.

undecided
Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
ImaIma1:

Eating my food is not something I get angry about. There's a level of feeling free with someone that you will be able to walk straight to the pot. It's not out of spite or disrespect but familiarity and togetherness.

It's not the same with an inlaw that doesn't share any kind of cordial relationship or closeness just walking straight to your pot.

I have had even my husband's friends and some family go and open pot, fridge, etc. They eat and even take away. When my MIL comes, she could ask "wetin you cook?" or something but she she doesn't just go and start searching.

Even for me, there are some people I visit and I can go to the pot while some others I behave myself

I understand your point of view. If she can comfortably come to my house to see her son rather than telling him to visit her instead, there is hope. So I will seek the face of her son once again to see if he can help me diffuse whatever is bugging her. On my part, I will allow her to go to the kitchen after all I want peace. Indulge her as much as I can even if she is not reciprocating. Who knows, one day, it might swing my way. It usually does if u reward evil with good.
Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by blank(f): 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
MisterKings:

Are you female?
Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by ImaIma1(f): 1:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
blank:

I am only responsible for what I say and not how you choose to interpret it.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by blank(f): 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
ImaIma1:

I am only responsible for what I say and not how you choose to interpret it.

I know right? That's why i'm wondering what kind of MIL you have.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by ImaIma1(f): 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
blank:

I know right? That's why i'm wondering what kind of MIL you have.

A good one
Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by MisterKings(m): 6:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
blank:

Are you female?

I am male and we are working on a movie project that is the reason I am asking to know how best my actress is supposed to act when her MIL hates her.

Apparently some of the ladies here are already calling names and saying whatever comes to mind. But I have seen quite a few who have given wise answers.
Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by nlPoster: 6:57pm On Nov 21, 2019
MisterKings:

I am male and we are working on a movie project that is the reason I am asking to know how best my actress is supposed to act when her MIL hates her.

I think there are nollywood movies and characters which deal with this scenario, perhaps you can check those.
Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by MisterKings(m): 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
nlPoster:

I think there are nollywood movies and characters which deal with this scenario, perhaps you can check those.

Nollywood don't do justice to characters

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by MisterKings(m): 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
Most of you here are apparently in a loving relationship with your MILs but you sound like it is impossible to have a bad relationship with ur MIL. I just came across this post and thought I share the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/35959/please-l-need-ur-advise.my

So you know where I am coming from with my question. Imagine the aftermath of this lady's marriage ceremony. The relationship with her MIL
Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by nlPoster: 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2019
MisterKings:

Nollywood don't do justice to characters

Really?

I haven't watched nollywood movies with the theme anyway, I only saw remarks on nl.
Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by armadeo(m): 8:35pm On Nov 21, 2019
MisterKings:

Something dey worry you. What is wrong with that. Many people have a bleeped up mindset. Your wife is you therefore her mother is your mother.

Rephrase: how will you react if your mother comes to your house and enters the kitchen to dish her food, and your wife opens a thread on nairaland ..

That's all I have to say.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? by armadeo(m): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

women are very proud of their kitchens,

cultural where am from (zimbabwe) its sign of disrespect for daughter or mother in law to use utensils or take food with asking permission in their respective kitchens

unless the two have a good relationship, but still they both ask permission as a way to respecting one's property

this also applies to us men, i can not go grab whisky from the cabinet without asking permission

we just have to respect each others home irregardless that s/he is married to son/daughter

Lol. Well me and my crew anytime we visit each other any liquor " in sight" is fair game. No stories asked.

My guys girl brought out the remy/ henny he hid when we landed his crib based on she didnt want him drinking. Dude was offering beer..imagine!!!

We guzzle that shit like it was going out of fashion and he had to guzzle up too cos he knows the rules.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Married Man Be The Bestman At A Wedding? / What Are The Things Never To Say To A Depressed Person? / I Want To Change My Surname To My Mother's Name. Pls Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.