Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 (3041 Views)

This Is The Infinix S5 — What Do You Think? + Camera Samples / Infinix Launches The Infinix S5 [see Details} / Photos From Infinix S5 Launch In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Ayebaeapretai(f): 8:51am On Nov 20, 2019
The brilliant device –S5 was launched earlier this month, with a wide array of trendy smartphone features. Here are a few of them that would really get you excited.

Top-notch aesthetics

Inspired by nature’s beauty, the S5 comes in a stylish Quetzal feather design with gradient colors including Quetzal cyan, Nebula black and Violet, this gives the device a trendy look, making it a perfect fit for fashion-sensitive smartphone users. The delicate feather strokes on the device also guarantees a soothing handling experience for users.

First-of-its-kind Quad camera setup

Mobile photography has become a phenomenal subject in recent years and the youths have really tilted towards this development. The S5 takes mobile photography to an entirely new level with a Quad-core camera setup of 13MP+5MP+2MP+QVGA- AI lens. This camera setup guarantees a brilliant capture when you focus on even the most delicate detail of any subject.

Brilliant 32MP In-Display AI Camera

The 32MP In-Display AI Camera with premium AI technology captures vivid details and true colors, especially in the low light and backlight scenes. It provides 6528x4896 super high resolution to bring out sharp, clear, and vivid detailed selfie images.

Bezel-less Infinity-O Display

Meet the 6.6-inch 20:9 aspect ratio cinematic wide infinity-O display. Deviating from the normative middle placement of front-facing cameras, the S5 hides its 32MP front camera on the top left corner of its screen. This allows it to adopt a slimmer bezel-less design at 90.5% screen-to-body ratio. Immerse yourself in brilliant experiences and enjoy the vivid display.

Amazing processing power under the hood

Unlock your smart life with customized new features on the super-fast Media Tek Helio P 22 processor courtesy of AndroidTM 9 pie operating system. The device is powered by a 4000mah battery and has a 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM, expandable by SD cards.

1 Like

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Kalashnikov102(m): 8:55am On Nov 20, 2019
Hw much?
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Ayebaeapretai(f): 10:21am On Nov 20, 2019
Kalashnikov102:
Hw much?
6GB RAM/128GB Storage for 62,500, 4GB RAM/64GB Storage for 53,000 and S5 Lite variant for 4GB RAM/64GB for 46500, 3GB RAM/32GB for 42,500.

1 Like

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Misskoool(f): 2:38pm On Nov 21, 2019
have infinix signed Angela okorie ?
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Hefymicky001: 8:51am On Nov 22, 2019
Misskoool:
have infinix signed Angela okorie ?
who is she ?
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by meshachdbuzz(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2019
Mtk p22 for 62500

Shaking my head embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by sunshineV(f): 10:43am On Nov 22, 2019
Where's the exciting thing

1 Like

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Misskoool(f): 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hefymicky001:
who is she ?
A nollywood actress
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by skywalker240(m): 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
On helio p22, i should waste 60 something K.

Now you all can now see why we have been preaching against their devices. Redmi note 8 snapdragon 600 and something sells for 40-50 something k.

thank God say i don wake, no be me una go take clean yansh.

3 Likes

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by drjprince: 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2019
Scrap

Helio p22 for over 60k what nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Androidking: 8:39pm On Dec 05, 2019
skywalker240:

Now you all can now see why we have been preaching against their devices. Redmi note 8 snapdragon 600 and something sells for 40-50 something k.

So only d processor is d reason u check wen buying a phone, right.... I am happy all these xiaomi warriors are now coming clean, cox if not the processor the phone is OK, , , , right

I need to say it, don't just condemn everything in the phone just because of one thing is missing..

only missed just one thing... Haba...

Xiaomi as of now is using 2gig ram in devices hey is a good phone, if Infinix do d same, u see warriors

Xiaomi use old snapdragon warriors who Don know that 439 is old processor will start jubilating
If Infinix use p22 which is better they complain..

Xiaomi will use 8mega pix rare camera warriors will say is dupe..

Infinix use 16 they will say its fake number...

Xiaomi users change phones like 3 times in a year, they praise the phone and call u upgrade grin cheesy grin grin
Infinix users change phones ones in a year they tag u marketer...

As in..eh I thank God una hatred only ends on Nairaland and phone section.. In d next 20 years transition devices will still dominate Nigeria, its either u huge transfor or u respect urself and enjoy ur phone in peace.

At least Infinix marketers are being paid and they are doing der job. Xiaomi is not paying u guys, so go and rest
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Androidking: 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2019
skywalker240:

And u cannot afford to buy note 8 pro of 6gig ram 80k plus... Or u want us to ignore the 6 gig ram cox d s5 of 6gig ram is d one of #62500

And Redmi note 8 4gig ram 64gig ROM global in Nigeria is officially 63.000 naira on Lagos, so I assume #65k with transportation

While s5 lite 4gig 64gig is 46500 did u see the 20k different Is use s5 lite because d different between s5 and s5 lite is just d camera and design

So now how is xiaomi cheaper

And if comparing Infinix s5 lite and redmi 8... I will choose the Infinix s5 lite.

coz it. Beats d redmi 8 (not note 8.. Because if unsure smart enough u are not supposed to compare s5 with note 8 in the first place) in everything and am not a ROM fan so I don't need to customize mine like kids do.

No carry Chinese ROM of AliExpress come here doing wrong marketing

Warriors every where on phone section
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by AmosAkins: 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2019
This is about to turn into
Infinix vs Xiaomi grin grin grin grin cheesy
Lemme just follow
grin
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by drjprince: 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
Androidking:

And u cannot afford to buy note 8 pro of 6gig ram 80k plus... Or u want us to ignore the 6 gig ram cox d s5 of 6gig ram is d one of #62500

And Redmi note 8 4gig ram 64gig ROM global in Nigeria is officially 63.000 naira on Lagos, so I assume #65k with transportation

While s5 lite 4gig 64gig is 46500 did u see the 20k different Is use s5 lite because d different between s5 and s5 lite is just d camera and design

And if comparing Infinix s5 lite and redmi 8... I will choose the Infinix s5 lite.

coz it. Beats d redmi 8 (not note 8.. Because if unsure smart enough u are not supposed to compare s5 with note 8 in the first place) in everything and am not a ROM fan so I don't need to customize mine like kids do.

I thought we have spoken about you being daft before

Does that scrapfinix s5 worth over 60k if yes give me reasons why I will buy it over the Redmi note 8,mi A3

I mean give me facts don't start talking nonsense
Just go straight to the point with facts

3 Likes

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Playermayweda(m): 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2019
Androidking:

How does the s5 lite beat redmi 8 sd 439 is better than helio p22, check reviews, and helio p22 over 50k is stupid when redmi is giving sd 632 for 50k, infinix na scam, but I its your choice to buy it, but don't come and say your infinix is better than redmi of the same price, cause its clearly not

2 Likes

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by skywalker240(m): 10:23pm On Dec 05, 2019
Androidking:

yeah,

& D MARKETEER thinks he has made a lot of sense.

3 Likes

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by skywalker240(m): 10:29pm On Dec 05, 2019
drjprince:

Does that scrapfinix s5 worth over 60k if yes give me reasons why I will buy it over the Redmi note 8,mi A3

baba, abeg leave that dumbo, when i was reading his quote, the moment i read where he stated that helio p22 is better than SD 439 I was seriously convinced that this one is a staunch zombified marketer.

6 Likes

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Timileyin1234(m): 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2019
Androidking:

And Redmi note 8 4gig ram 64gig ROM global in Nigeria is officially 63.000 naira on Lagos, so I assume #65k with transportationWhile s5 lite 4gig 64gig is 46500 did u see the 20k different Is use s5 lite because d different between s5 and s5 lite is just d camera and design So now how is xiaomi cheaper And if comparing Infinix s5 lite and redmi 8... I will choose the Infinix s5 lite. coz it. Beats d redmi 8 (not note 8.. Because if unsure smart enough u are not supposed to compare s5 with note 8 in the first place) in everything and am not a ROM fan so I don't need to customize mine like kids do. No carry Chinese ROM of AliExpress come here doing wrong marketing Warriors every where on phone section
Infinix is good and gcam doesn’t work on it

4 Likes

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Androidking: 11:07pm On Dec 05, 2019
skywalker240:

baba, abeg leave that dumbo, when i was reading his quote, the moment i read where he stated that helio p22 is better than SD 439 I was seriously convinced that this one is a staunch zombified marketer.

Xiaomi warriors now see it

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Androidking: 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2019
drjprince:

No matter any reason I give u will count them pointless because in ur mind u have programmed urself that everything xiaomi is better,

If u read my post very well u will see where I said, the guy should not compare Infinix s5 and Redmi note 8,

I said compare it with Redmi 8 not the note 8...
As for the 6 gig ram of the Infinix s5 I think Infinix over do in the price..... Other versions of Infinix s5 is same thing or better And cheaper than redmi 8 but u people will not accept as far old snapdragon 439 is in the list....
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Androidking: 11:15pm On Dec 05, 2019
Timileyin1234:

Infinix is good and gcam doesn’t work on it

Y do I need gcam when my phone camera is a miracle worker, while ur wonderful phone can't do well without gcam.have u being in xiaomi thread lately no one is talking of the processor which I assume supposed to be d selling point all they talk about is multiple versions of gcam, u guys will.soon be tired... Am.waiting
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Androidking: 11:16pm On Dec 05, 2019
skywalker240:

Answer me what can ur phone do that infinix can't do. If u tell me one I will buy another xiaomi phone for u
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by skywalker240(m): 6:49am On Dec 06, 2019
Androidking:

Answer me what can ur phone do that infinix can't do. If u tell me one I will buy another xiaomi phone for u
Gcam for a start, at bolded dont worry, you know you can never in your life do that because obviously you're too broke to afford it. Now i wont reply you again if you dont come up with a more reasonable fact to counter the Xiaomi, MAKETEER!

1 Like

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Timileyin1234(m): 6:50am On Dec 06, 2019
Androidking:

Y do I need gcam when my phone camera is a miracle worker, while ur wonderful phone can't do well without gcam.have u being in xiaomi thread lately no one is talking of the processor which I assume supposed to be d selling point all they talk about is multiple versions of gcam, u guys will.soon be tired... Am.waiting
So, it is infinix camera that is doing wonder. Joker
No wonder one guy dey talk say e wan sell badass phone

2 Likes

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by akingbadeomoseb: 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2019
Androidking:

Yes, you are right brother, even S5 lite is better in terms of processing. Performance of Helio P22 is much better than SD 439.
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Youngsage: 4:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
I saw terrible things on this thread.

@AndroidKing see ehn, I don't even know what to say to you. I am not one to bash devices no matter how cheap or expensive, but it is a sin to know the truth and say otherwise.

Let's be honest, a 4GB ram Xiaomi device will outperform the 6GB ram S5.

One of the most important elements of a phone is it's processor, that is why it's one of the first things people who are smart look out for.
The Xiaomi device your referred to with snapdragon 439 is so because of it's price!

Most people have issues with the likes of Infinix because their devices are a bit overpriced compared to the quality of it's component but the users don't care cos it works I guess?! Yeah. Good. But don't make the mistake of comparing a 4GB/6GB Infinix device with a 4GB device of the likes of Xiaomi.

Lastly, your moniker seems like a joke cos even the Infinix devices you claim to stan so much you know little about them to be called an Infinix King, let alone Android King.

No offeinse!

2 Likes

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by JayTripz(m): 4:33pm On Dec 06, 2019
Me am planning to buy Samsung A70 oo.. Abeg make una give me advice... I don't really know much about processor in phones
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Androidking: 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
Youngsage:

I saw terrible things on this thread.

@AndroidKing see ehn, I don't even know what to say to you. I am not one to bash devices no matter how cheap or expensive, but it is a sin to know the truth and say otherwise.

Let's be honest, a 4GB ram Xiaomi device will outperform the 6GB ram S5.

One of the most important elements of a phone is it's processor, that is why it's one of the first things people who are smart look out for.
The Xiaomi device your referred to with snapdragon 439 is so because of it's price!

Most people have issues with the likes of Infinix because their devices are a bit overpriced compared to the quality of it's component but the users don't care cos it works I guess?! Yeah. Good. But don't make the mistake of comparing a 4GB/6GB Infinix device with a 4GB device of the likes of Xiaomi.

Lastly, your moniker seems like a joke cos even the Infinix devices you claim to stan so much you know little about them to be called an Infinix King, let alone Android King.

No offeinse!

U see, u can only judge well if u read or follow the beginning of this argument, its not about xiaomi company, its not about Infinix being better,

if someone want inspire or educate or create awareness on something better u can do it without attacking others...

Xiaomi has d right and power to do der marketing if they want to, d way Nairaland xiaomi users attacks individuals using Infinix or tecno here... As if there is nothing good again about der product...or as in the money is theirs in d first place

Klin do der advert without attacking OMO.
Lux do der advert without attacking premiere soup..
Mercedes Benz do der own without attacking Toyota

I want xiaomi users to create more thread and create awareness, without Attacking Infinix users....

Just like today someone told me he wants to buy pouvior 3 plus at 50k

I entered Jumia and showed him umidigi A5 at 39k he laughed at d name first, and den said if it spoil d parts will be hard.

I.don't even know how to tell him about xiaomi. Because they are not available in his area, and most don't even know about these phones...

So leave Transition to der thrash... Create more thread on Nairaland and say good about xiaomi on ur own without mentioning Tecno or Infinix....
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Androidking: 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2019
skywalker240:

Gcam for a start, at bolded dont worry, you know you can never in your life do that because obviously you're too broke to afford it. Now i wont reply you again if you dont come up with a more reasonable fact to counter the Xiaomi, MAKETEER!

So u checked in ur Brian na only Gcam u can point out... Gcam is not outstanding 90% of social media users don't use or need it, so say something better, and I told u cam is for people with less camera quality...
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Chuksteric(m): 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2019
Androidking:

So u checked in ur Brian na only Gcam u can point out... Gcam is not outstanding 90% of social media users don't use or need it, so say something better, and I told u cam is for people with less camera quality...

Gcam is not for phones with low camera quality. Google has the best image processing algorithm and that's why they achieve so much with just one camera lens. Most top notch devices port Gcam to enjoy Their image processing. If truly you're an androidking you should know this
Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Youngsage: 6:50pm On Dec 06, 2019
Androidking:

U see, u can only judge well if u read or follow the beginning of this argument, its not about xiaomi company, its not about Infinix being better,

if someone want inspire or educate or create awareness on something better u can do it without attacking others...

Xiaomi has d right and power to do der marketing if they want to, d way Nairaland xiaomi users attacks individuals using Infinix or tecno here... As if there is nothing good again about der product...or as in the money is theirs in d first place

Klin do der advert without attacking OMO.
Lux do der advert without attacking premiere soup..
Mercedes Benz do der own without attacking Toyota

I want xiaomi users to create more thread and create awareness, without Attacking Infinix users....

Just like today someone told me he wants to buy pouvior 3 plus at 50k

I entered Jumia and showed him umidigi A5 at 39k he laughed at d name first, and den said if it spoil d parts will be hard.

I.don't even know how to tell him about xiaomi. Because they are not available in his area, and most don't even know about these phones...

So leave Transition to der thrash... Create more thread on Nairaland and say good about xiaomi on ur own without mentioning Tecno or Infinix....

Don't get it twisted bro.

Like I said earlier, I'm not one to bash or attack brands unjustly, not my thing and I can only speak for myself.

However, when I'm in a position to advise a prospective phone buyer on the best options given a specific budget, I do not fail to do so albeit with no ulterior motive. The issue here like I also said earlier, is with the unwarranted comparisons between brands, usually between Xiaomi and the likes which often triggers the Xiaomi users especially, cos the comparisons are not necessary in the first place!

Now, nobody is disturbing anybody from doing their adverts however they like. But when people who happen to know better see some of these brands, running adverts positioning themselves and their devices as what not, especially for the price tags they carry, it will be unfair to tell such people who can suggest similar, even better alternatives to keep quiet.

Shouldn't you be your brothers keeper? Would you see your brother going for 'trash', as you call it and yet keep quiet? Trash well packaged and disguised is hidden and only those who are in the know can distinguish.
This is a forum after all. At the end of the day, thr ultimate choice is still left to the buyer but its the right thing to provide better knowledge to the ignorants before leaving them to make their choice.

Anybody can get any device at any time, for whatever purpose. But the moment you begin to say a device you personally decided to go for is the best in its price range with a lack of evidence to back it, you are calling for 'attack'.

As to your friend who you showed the Umidigi A5 for 39k instead of the overpriced option, good intentions there. Your next responsibility is to gain information, educate him further on the differences between these devices and how his fear of parts shouldn't be an issue. Only then will his salvation be complete.

Let me repeat: I can today decide to get an Infinix or whatever device for whatever purpose I deem fit, but in so doing only because I know what exactly I am getting, what I wanna use it for and I will not come here to say how it does basically the same thing as some device that's 4 times it's price. That will be a stu.pid thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Exciting Things About The INFINIX S5 by Androidking: 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2019
Youngsage:

Don't get it twisted bro.

Like I said earlier, I'm not one to bash or attack brands unjustly, not my thing and I can only speak for myself.

However, when I'm in a position to advise a prospective phone buyer on the best options given a specific budget, I do not fail to do so albeit with no ulterior motive. The issue here like I also said earlier, is with the unwarranted comparisons between brands, usually between Xiaomi and the likes which often triggers the Xiaomi users especially, cos the comparisons are not necessary in the first place!

Now, nobody is disturbing anybody from doing their adverts however they like. But when people who happen to know better see some of these brands, running adverts positioning themselves and their devices as what not, especially for the price tags they carry, it will be unfair to tell such people who can suggest similar, even better alternatives to keep quiet.

Shouldn't you be your brothers keeper? Would you see your brother going for 'trash', as you call it and yet keep quiet? Trash well packaged and disguised is hidden and only those who are in the know can distinguish.
This is a forum after all. At the end of the day, thr ultimate choice is still left to the buyer but its the right thing to provide better knowledge to the ignorants before leaving them to make their choice.

Anybody can get any device at any time, for whatever purpose. But the moment you begin to say a device you personally decided to go for is the best in its price range with a lack of evidence to back it, you are calling for 'attack'.

As to your friend who you showed the Umidigi A5 for 39k instead of the overpriced option, good intentions there. Your next responsibility is to gain information, educate him further on the differences between these devices and how his fear of parts shouldn't be an issue. Only then will his salvation be complete.

Let me repeat: I can today decide to get an Infinix or whatever device for whatever purpose I deem fit, but in so doing only because I know what exactly I am getting, what I wanna use it for and I will not come here to say how it does basically the same thing as some device that's 4 times it's price. That will be a stu.pid thing to do.

Thanks so much,

Like I said its not about xiaomi is just d way its users go about it.. Its becoming so painful not educating any more

most of the things I know recently is from A series Samsung. I so much love the a30. It supposed to be my first Samsung, being in that thread alone is just bunch of knowledge to grabe,

Now that xiaomi is here in Nigeria, it will take gradual step for it to enter Nigeria market to d heart ...and of course some of the Infinix and Tecno devices are over priced for der spec I know that .... But attacking users here will not solve the problem,

d solution is to create more awareness, that will force them (tecno and infinix) to drop d price, or start using quality things.

Tecno phone this year dropped price a little because Samsung came with A series and they(Samsung) did strong Marketing too...

That is d solution. Trust me it will work, good marketing and time, preaching processor and chips on Nairaland will not move xiaomi Nigeria market..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! My Samsung Ch@t222 Cant Accept Applications. / My Best Feature On The Tecno L8 / Is Tecno Pop2 Power A Good Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.