Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,470 members, 7,840,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Land Grabbers: How To Avoid Issues With "Omo Oniles" - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Grabbers: How To Avoid Issues With "Omo Oniles" (11442 Views)

Land Grabbers’ Violent Return To Lagos Leaves Trail Of Blood, Deaths / Land Grabbers Invade Building Site In Ogun, Snatch N500,000, From A Lady / Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Land Grabbers: How To Avoid Issues With "Omo Oniles" by akeensbussy(m): 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
plz note that omo onile are not land grabbers...They are two different set of people. Why would omo onile grab a land that belong to them.... Land grabbing is a different ball game entirely....
Re: Land Grabbers: How To Avoid Issues With "Omo Oniles" by Hantonia(f): 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2019
FrLukas:

it is just a very unfortunate situation. but then lawlessness abounds in Nigeria.
as in ehen e tire me our leaders are just focused in d wrong direction God can only help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Land Grabbers: How To Avoid Issues With "Omo Oniles" by Hantonia(f): 1:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Just threaten them with soldiers. Soldiers don't tolerate bullshìt and will fight them off unlike police. . They will never disturb your land or property again once you involve soldiers.
partially true but they will still come
Re: Land Grabbers: How To Avoid Issues With "Omo Oniles" by Hantonia(f): 1:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
FrLukas:

If you are an architect you should know that that isn't probably the best advice to give a client. With due respect.

That's the way we attract more broke clientele to the profession and in the end a shoddy job is done by a quack.

They have just 200,000 and they want to design and build a four bedroom and we tell them, start small. Not OK in my opinion.

Let them save over the years or take a loan or use an insurance company or something and not bring their broke ass asking for a "plan" from architects.
I totally disagree with you on this you don't ave to loan money to build a house do tell my friends using my parents as example u ave 5k today buy block u ave 2 k buy anoda before u knw in a month u bought something that month is it until you ave 200k u build a house
Re: Land Grabbers: How To Avoid Issues With "Omo Oniles" by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
Hantonia:
I totally disagree with you on this you don't ave to loan money to build a house do tell my friends using my parents as example u ave 5k today buy block u ave 2 k buy anoda before u knw in a month u bought something that month is it until you ave 200k u build a house

madam, 200k cannot lay your foundation today unless maybe you are constructing a room or maybe you are talking of 200,000 dollars. You are comparing the time of our parents to now.

If you are going to be buying your blocks and cement and keeping, then you had damn well better build a store to keep them from the elements and keep them safe from pilferers as well.

another problem with this idea is the temptation to move into an uncompleted building with the aim of completing it while you are living in it. not a good idea.

another issue you will have is that the blocks you bought last year or two years ago will not be as good or fit for construction by the time you are ready to build.

A loan may not be the best option of raising money for a private residence unless you plan to make money from it somehow, but it is still an option if your earning is secure.

My opinion.
Re: Land Grabbers: How To Avoid Issues With "Omo Oniles" by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
akeensbussy:
plz note that omo onile are not land grabbers...They are two different set of people. Why would omo onile grab a land that belong to them.... Land grabbing is a different ball game entirely....

As per the land use decree of Nigeria, all land is held in trust by the government for the people. In Nigeria's reality, nobody owns any land. If you buy a land legally, you actually are leasing it. That's why you are issued a Certificate of OCCUPANCY and not OWNERSHIP.

So strictly speaking, the omo oniles don't own any land. Their actions are totally illegal.

Besides, I thought Ambode dealt with this omo onile issue through legislation during his tenure in Lagos. This present government should enforce that law.
Re: Land Grabbers: How To Avoid Issues With "Omo Oniles" by oga4prop: 10:20am On Nov 24, 2019
We are a real estate company. The reason why we put all of this information out is to protect property investors. Most real estate companies carry out due deligence to protect their customers. They settle the obas and all the cmmunity members on behalf of the buyer. That way, the buyer can buy their land and also build on it with peace of mind.
ndcide:

Will buying from real estate companies help?
Re: Land Grabbers: How To Avoid Issues With "Omo Oniles" by oga4prop: 10:21am On Nov 24, 2019
That's why its best to buy from a registered real estate company.
Hantonia:
partially true but they will still come

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MAVERICK ESTATE GBAGADA! LAGOS MAINLAND, DON'T MISS IT! / Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge / Buying Land In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.