Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor (4789 Views)

PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / You Think You Know Nigeria: Which City Gate Is This? (photo) / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 8:24am On Nov 20, 2010
Hi everyone. this is a most interesting dicussion site i have visited. i accolade all the members in this forum. i am a half Romanian half Hungarian, i speak the both language fluently but i live in Cyprus. I married to a Nigeria guy. I am 28yrs old. But i want to relocate to Uk. I have been to other EU countries but i have never been in Uk. Please i need the help from this forum to adivse me the city in Uk i will start a new life with job opportuinity also preferably where i will see Romanina and hungarian community. Please Nigerians in this forum help. I love Nigeria and there people is a great Nation. Thanks in Advance

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by ishit4body(f): 9:04am On Nov 20, 2010
@poster

Please ignore the post from that goat stealer called worry246

London i think offers opportunities and cultures from a diverse spread, so, you may want London or any other big cities like Manchester, Liverpool etc.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2010
@ishit4real. thank u very much for ur help. i am coming to Uk by April 2011 to start a new life, i hope i will get romanian or hungarian community over there. plz do u know price of apartment in manchester or liverpool? thank u

@cannabise thank u, but i need more advise on job opportunity and price of apartment because i will like to pay for my apartment b4 coming.
@wart234 im surprise for ur arrogant word, please i am not in this site to insult or to plead for money to anyone but rather i am here just to get advise from nigerians in Uk because i am married to a nigerian guy. but im thanking u for ur own part of contribution, please remember that life is too short.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by worry246(m): 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2010
First you should study the sites below to see if you can migrate to UK.

I know you love your Nigerian husband but are you sure he is not using you to get to UK?
Even if you get here as EU national how will you invite him?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/eea/
# Worker Registration Scheme

This section explains the registration process for citizens of the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia who want to work for United Kingdom employers for more than one month. These citizens cannot normally work here for more than one month unless they have registered.

# Bulgarian and Romanian nationals

If you are a Bulgarian or Romanian national, you may need our permission before you can work in the United Kingdom. This section explains who needs to apply for permission, and how to apply.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by justwise(m): 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2010
jobba:

@ishit4real. thank u very much for your help. i am coming to Uk by April 2011 to start a new life, i hope i will get romanian or hungarian community over there. plz do u know price of apartment in manchester or liverpool? thank u

@cannabise thank u, but i need more advise on job opportunity and price of apartment because i will like to pay for my apartment b4 coming.
@wart234 im surprise for your arrogant word, please i am not in this site to insult or to plead for money to anyone but rather i am here just to get advise from nigerians in Uk because i am married to a nigerian guy. but im thanking u for your own part of contribution, please remember that life is too short.
Check this website for acommodation and jobs, please don't pay anybody without viewing the house. http://manchester.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/list_postings.pl?search_terms=&search_location=Manchester+City+Centre%2C+Manchester&ubercat=2548

As a Romanian, u will need a registration card to be able to work in the UK, its not hard to get. If i were you i will move to a city outside London for a start then when u settle down u can move to London if you want. Leeds, manchester etc are cheaper than London. Good luck.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2010
@worry246, thx 4ur positive contribution. please i dont undstand what u mean if my husband is using me to get to Uk.
@justwise, im so happy 4 accomodation site u give to me. Nigerians are great people. i know this site NL through a Hungarian friend that marry a Nigerian but they live in Iceland. Please justwise how much did it cost to register to get work card in Uk?
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2010
@justwise, please i was only able to view this site u give to me for accomodation but not for job. please i need also any site for job in Uk. my appreciation
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2010
jobba:

@worry246, thx 4ur positive contribution. please i dont undstand what u mean if my husband is using me to get to Uk.
@justwise, im so happy 4 accomodation site u give to me. Nigerians are great people. i know this site NL through a Hungarian friend that marry a Nigerian but they live in Iceland. Please justwise how much did it cost to register to get work card in Uk?

I think its free but i call a friend and find out for u, b4 that, have a look at this HomeOffice website for more information on it.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/eea/bulgariaromania/applying/
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by justwise(m): 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2010
jobba:

@justwise, please i was only able to view this site u give to me for accomodation but not for job. please i need also any site for job in Uk. my appreciation

http://www.gumtree.com/london/2553_1.html#, will get u more job sites.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2010
@justwise, thank u very much. u are realy nice.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by justwise(m): 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2010
jobba:

@justwise, thank u very much. u are realy nice.

This is the govt job website, http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/subjectmenu.aspx?sessionid=de69e81d-e6c8-400f-8b00-3ac9e545c99d&pid=2&o=1

Take ur time and go through them.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 5:32pm On Nov 21, 2010
@justwise am so much happy 4ur kindness. please am still waiting to know if the registration is free. thank u
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by justwise(m): 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2010
jobba:

@justwise am so much happy 4ur kindness. please am still waiting to know if the registration is free. thank u

Sorry for the late reply, my Romanian friend said its free, even in the form, there is no place money was mentioned.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2010
@justwise am so much grateful from the deepest of my heart for your help. Please do u know how long it takes to come when i apply for it? i mean how many weeks or months does it take? Am so sorry to disturb you. thank u
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by justwise(m): 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2010
jobba:

@justwise am so much grateful from the deepest of my heart for your help. Please do u know how long it takes to come when i apply for it? i mean how many weeks or months does it take? Am so sorry to disturb you. thank u
Jobba no problem at all.

My friend said it takes about 4wks or so.

I really wish you and ur hubby the very best.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by tigerpaws(f): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2010
justwise:

Check this website for acommodation and jobs, please don't pay anybody without viewing the house. http://manchester.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/list_postings.pl?search_terms=&search_location=Manchester+City+Centre%2C+Manchester&ubercat=2548

As a Romanian, u will need a registration card to be able to work in the UK, its not hard to get. If i were you i will move to a city outside London for a start then when u settle down u can move to London if you want. Leeds, manchester etc are cheaper than London. Good luck.

Jobba,

I will advice you not to use gumtree in searching for an apartment. 95% of the adverts are scams!

You can try searching for apartments using www.rightmove.com.

All the best. .
justwise:

This is the govt job website, http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/subjectmenu.aspx?sessionid=de69e81d-e6c8-400f-8b00-3ac9e545c99d&pid=2&o=1

Take your time and go through them.

You are too kind. . . . wink
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 6:13pm On Nov 22, 2010
@justwise. God bless u.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by justwise(m): 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2010
jobba:

@justwise. God bless u.

Awww!!! bless you too.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2010
tigerpaws:

Jobba,

[b]I will advice you not to use gumtree in searching for an apartment. 95% of the adverts are scams![/b]You can try searching for apartments using www.rightmove.com.
All the best. .
You are too kind. . . . wink

You are not far from the truth but no website is completely safe, that was why i told her not to pay anybody in advance, she has to view the apartment when she gets here b4 making any payment.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 7:01pm On Nov 22, 2010
@tigerpaws thank u for ur advise and also the site u gave to me, but im really scared now because of what u said, but i will follow what justwise advise that i should not make any payment until when i get to Uk,
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by justwise(m): 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2010
jobba:

@tigerpaws thank u for your advise and also the site u gave to me, but im really scared now because of what u said, but i will follow what justwise advise that i should not make any payment until when i get to Uk,

Yes tigerpaws is right, gumtree scam has increased recently but if you are careful then u will be fine, don't make payment via western union or moneygram, don't pay without viewing and signing tenancy aggreement.

Please don't 4get that almost all the rents u see online are without council tax, tenants pays that, many landlords wouldn't bother telling u that in advance.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2010
@justwise, im sorry for my late reply i was so much busy, Please do u know exactly price of council tax in Uk?
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by justwise(m): 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2010
jobba:

@justwise, im sorry for my late reply i was so much busy, Please do u know exactly price of council tax in Uk?

The amount you pay for council tax will depend on the value of the house. So ur landlord/landlady can help you with that info.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by tigerpaws(f): 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2010
jobba:

@justwise, im sorry for my late reply i was so much busy,  Please do u know exactly price of council tax in Uk?

It varies from the property value of the apartment you moved into.

The cheapest council tax band is Band A

visit http://www.upmystreet.com/local/council-tax-in-uk.html to check for the council tax band by entering the postcode in the 'Your location' box in the top right hand corner of the page.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2010
@justwise. how are u? i appreciate ur kind helpful in this forum, please could u give me any link, an agent for job in UK. I need an agen that will help me to secure a job in UK. Please help
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by justwise(m): 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2010
jobba:

@justwise. how are u? i appreciate your kind helpful in this forum, please could u give me any link, an agent for job in UK. I need an agen that will help me to secure a job in UK. Please help

@jobba i'm good, hope u are as well.

I don't know any agent here that does that, pple apply for job online or walk into any recruitment agency and apply, you don't need to pay for that. You can also walk into govt job centre and apply, staffs are also there to help you and you don't pay for these services.

I think u need to move here first then register with recruitment agencies, they will call you when job comes out.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2010
@justwise. thank u so much for the info, i will do as u said
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by justwise(m): 10:16pm On Dec 14, 2010
jobba:

@justwise. thank u so much for the info, i will do as u said

I wish you the very best.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by GogoGee: 5:57am On Dec 24, 2010
Jobba
Leeds and the surrounding towns is a good place to start life in the U.K expenses wise, what part of Nigeria is ur hubby from?
I know lots of Hungarian in Leeds also a close friend of mine is married to a hungarian lady.
Any way I can help in connecting you to any Hungarian lady(s) around Leeds will be happy to
thanks Justwise and fellow members for all ur good assistance to people here, God bless you all.

Happy Chrismas to all.
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 7:50pm On Dec 27, 2010
@gogogee, thank u very much, my husband is from eastern part of nigeria (ibo), please could u link me up wid the hungarian lady because i need someone that will help me get a job and also for accomodation. i am a very nice and sincere lady, a christian. please can u give me the contact of the lady? i really appreciate ur help. I will never regret been a member of NL. This site has shown me that Nigerians are great people, dedicated to help each other. thanks
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by juzme: 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2010
Finding job in Uk is smiliar to finding job in other western countries. which are mainly done by searching for job post online and apply for it. Even some registered job agents will still require you to apply for any vacant positiion through their online job bank. Therefore, you dont really need anyone's help in this regard. you may only ask people the best websites to search for job.
The city to move to depends on your current financial condition or the people you know around the city who may be willingly to help you with things like accomodation and others.
Sometimes, it helps by applying for job posts from your current country you are living before you move and the cities you have most response are what you may be considering to be living in. You may as well be lucky to have interview date before you move to the city.
Best of luck!
Re: Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor by jobba(f): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2010
@justwise, happy xmass and Prosperous new year!!!
@Gogogee, im waiting for ur reply

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria International Passport / Dana Air Wins Best Domestic Airline On Passenger Facilitation / Guyana Experiences And Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.