Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Making Food During The Mourning Period - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Making Food During The Mourning Period (10707 Views)

Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? / Ramadan 14442AH: Countries With Shortest And Longest Fasting Period (pics) / Ruling On Celebrating ‘aashooraa’ Or Taking It As A Day Of Mourning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Food During The Mourning Period by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
Making food during the mourning period

Question

What is the ruling on making food during the period of mourning? What is the ruling on guests of the household eating the food that has been brought to them?

Answer

Praise be to Allaah.

It is better for neighbours and relatives to make food in their own houses then bring it to the household (of the deceased), because it was narrated that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard that his cousin Ja’far ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him) had died in the Battle of Mu’tah, he told his family to make food for the family of Ja’far, and said, “Because there has come to them that which will preoccupy them.”

But it is not permitted for the family to make food for people because for the sake of the deceased. This is one of the actions of the Jaahiliyyah, whether it is done on the day of the death, or on the fourth or tenth day after the death, or at the new year. All of that is not permitted, because it was narrated that Jareer ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Bajali (may Allaah be pleased with him) – one of the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) – said, “We used to count gathering with the family of the deceased and making food for them after the burial to be a kind of wailing (niyaahah).”

But if guests come to the family of the deceased during the mourning period, there is nothing wrong with them making food for them for the sake of hospitality, and there is nothing wrong with the household inviting whoever they want of their neighbours and relatives to eat with them from the food that has been given to them. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Source: Majmoo’ Fataawa Wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah Li Samaahat Al-Shaykh Al-‘Allaamah ‘Abd Al-‘Azeez Ibn ‘Abd-Allaah Ibn Baaz (May Allaah Have Mercy On Him), Vol. 9, P. 325

IslamQA

3 Likes

Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Babaheekmat: 7:43am On Nov 22, 2019
If only you could follow hadith in matters of aqeedah like you did in some akam..

It would have been better for you.
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by madridguy(m): 9:18am On Nov 22, 2019
But if guests come to the family of the deceased during the mourning period, there is nothing wrong with them making food for them for the sake of hospitality, and there is nothing wrong with the household inviting whoever they want of their neighbours and relatives to eat with them from the food that has been given to them. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

1 Like

Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by BigBelleControl(m): 9:34am On Nov 22, 2019
What I can deduce from here is that is not Haram if people invite family and friends and cook for them during mourning period.

Someone should enlighten me if I'm wrong.
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Olami2020(m): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2019
What is bin refered to is that, "you can give them food, but not in a celebration manner, assuming ur visitors comes from a far distance, there is no wrong in offering them food, or those that are near comes early in the morning, u can offer them breakfast. Tho it' does not literally mean it must be certain hour of the day. The thing is "offering them food should not be inform of celebration" but of a normal gesture.
Allahu Allam

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Abid2020(m): 10:18am On Nov 22, 2019
Happy Jumma!!! May Allah accept all our act of worship. Jazakallahu khairan for sharing this
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 10:43am On Nov 22, 2019
Alhamdullilahi

Jazakhumullahu Khairan
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Patrioticman007(m): 11:05am On Nov 22, 2019
What an excellency.
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by adedehinbo(m): 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
Olami2020:
What is bin refered to is that, "you can give them food, but not in a celebration manner, assuming ur visitors comes from a far distance, there is no wrong in offering them food, or those that are near comes early in the morning, u can offer them breakfast. Tho it' does not literally mean it must be certain hour of the day. The thing is "offering them food should not be inform of celebration" but of a normal gesture.
Allahu Allam
jaza kumulah
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Maamaaleeyhu(f): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
Alhamdulillah ala kulli halin

It is even worst in the villages...... Mourning is now celebrated among Muslim ummahs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:32am On Nov 23, 2019
Babaheekmat:
If only you could follow hadith in matters of aqeedah like you did in some akam..

It would have been better for you.
You are advising someone you've given "a certificate of kufr" to follow Hadith right?
I think you need to fix pipe connections from your medulla oblongata to your frontal brain.
Only those who follow Jabata version of Islam are Muslims to you. Better don't comment on my post anymore.
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Babaheekmat: 7:21am On Nov 23, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

You are advising someone you've given "a certificate of kufr" to follow Hadith right?
I think you need to fix pipe connections from your medulla oblongata to your frontal brain.
Only those who follow Jabata version of Islam are Muslims to you. Better don't comment on my post anymore.

Laughing..

E pain am.

Allah has already given you certification of hell fire of you die on your innovations
Rosul has already called your forefathers in innovations kufar
Ali killed them
Abu Bakr waged war against them
Umar called and beat one of your forefathers kufar and till he repented respectively

So, who am I not to call you a kafir when you are not a kafir.

Calling you a kafir doesn't mean I have given you certification of hell..
Until you die on your innovations.. Ehn ehn.. I will now affirm your certificates of hell..

Just like I did for

1. Ibrahim Niyas
2. Ahmad Tijani
3. Ibn Hajar
4. Adam Abdullah
5. Kamaldeen Al Adaby
6. Yahya Solaaty
...... And all others that have died and regarded these idiots as Muslims or died on the same aqeedah alongside these people

The hadith is clear.

1. Do not invite family and friends and cook for them in celebration of the dead
2. If the people that someone died for. (example. Your father died. And it hurts you so much that you, your mum and siblings can't cook nor eat.. Your family members that are coming to your side to mourn with you can come along to your house with food. So that you can eat. Or perhaps if they are coming to stay with you.. They can be cooking for you and your family to eat)

That's all
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:45am On Nov 23, 2019
Babaheekmat:

Laughing..
E pain am.
I don't think I've ever seen anyone so asinine, uncouth, ill-bred and one who prides himself in his stupidity as you.
You are only skillful in fixing Plumbing pipes, exhibiting your bad-tempered Character and calling people kufar. You are an example of people who disgrace themselves online & offline and you can't put Islam in to disrepute.

Babaheekmat:

Allah has already given you certification of hell fire of you die on your innovations
Rosul has already called your forefathers in innovations kufar
Ali killed them
Abu Bakr waged war against them
Umar called and beat one of your forefathers kufar and till he repented respectively
So, who am I not to call you a kafir when you are not a kafir.
Calling you a kafir doesn't mean I have given you certification of hell..
Until you die on your innovations.. Ehn ehn.. I will now affirm your certificates of hell..
Just like I did for
1. Ibrahim Niyas
2. Ahmad Tijani
3. Ibn Hajar
4. Adam Abdullah
5. Kamaldeen Al Adaby
6. Yahya Solaaty
...... And all others that have died and regarded these idiots as Muslims or died on the same aqeedah alongside these people

"O kare boda plumba to di osise nepa ton pina"

Allah says:
O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do that which they are commanded.

When did you become part of the appointed angels above for you to confirm certificate of hell?

In Jabatiyyah, there's a list of people (dead or alive) you must agree to be out of Islam. Once you don't agree 100%, you are a kaafir. How don't you feel pathetic with this kind of life?
I think i have forgotten the innovations that took me out of Islam can you remind me of them since you are the registrar of people's innovations
Babaheekmat:

The hadith is clear.
1. Do not invite family and friends and cook for them in celebration of the dead
2. If the people that someone died for. (example. Your father died. And it hurts you so much that you, your mum and siblings can't cook nor eat.. Your family members that are coming to your side to mourn with you can come along to your house with food. So that you can eat. Or perhaps if they are coming to stay with you.. They can be cooking for you and your family to eat)
That's all

I know the hadith you are saying and i am for it.
The Post only emphasizes making food while mourning the dead and it never talked about celebration of the dead. Kindly make your own post on celebrating the dead and stop exhibiting your laughing syndrome on my thread.

Check No 2 https://www.nairaland.com/3692784/some-deeds-not-meant-muslims
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by najib632(m): 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Subhaan allah, he declared you a kafir too?! It is his type that makes other sects to bad mouth salafiyah. By Allah if you run a background check on him he might have not even memorised a juz of the Qur'an and could possibly be an utter jaheel.

1 Like

Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2019
najib632:
Subhaan allah, he declared you a kafir too?! It is his type that makes other sects to bad mouth salafiyah. By Allah if you run a background check on him he might have not even memorised a juz of the Qur'an and could possibly be an utter jaheel.

I just hope he won't be among those Jabata guys i hear brainwash sisters turning them against their parents and then dump them later after having their fill or having kids with them.
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by najib632(m): 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

I just hope he won't be among those Jabata guys i hear brainwash sisters turning them against their parents and then dump them later after having their fill or having kids with them.
but for sure this guy will be affiliated with tableegh.
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2019
najib632:

Far from Tableegh. The name of their leader is Muhammad Ali Jabata from Kwara state. I call their brand of Islam "Jabatiyyah".
Their major pillar of Islam is "all bid'a is kufr". And they can list all the innovators in Nigeria (dead or alive) for you.
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by najib632(m): 2:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Far from Tableegh. The name of their leader is Muhammad Ali Jabata from Kwara state. I call their brand of Islam "Jabatiyyah".
Their major pillar of Islam is "all bid'a is kufr". And they can list all the innovators in Nigeria (dead or alive) for you.
hmmm... but they would'nt identify themselves jabatiyyah they will claim salafiyyah and help the innovators lie against salafiyyah.
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Babaheekmat: 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone so asinine, uncouth, ill-bred and one who prides himself in his stupidity as you.
You are only skillful in fixing Plumbing pipes, exhibiting your bad-tempered Character and calling people kufar. You are an example of people who disgrace themselves online & offline and you can't put Islam in to disrepute.

"O kare boda plumba to di osise nepa ton pina"

Allah says:
O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do that which they are commanded.

When did you become part of the appointed angels above for you to confirm certificate of hell?

In Jabatiyyah, there's a list of people (dead or alive) you must agree to be out of Islam. Once you don't agree 100%, you are a kaafir. How don't you feel pathetic with this kind of life?
I think i have forgotten the innovations that took me out of Islam can you remind me of them since you are the registrar of people's innovations

I know the hadith you are saying and i am for it.
The Post only emphasizes making food while mourning the dead and it never talked about celebration of the dead. Kindly make your own post on celebrating the dead and stop exhibiting your laughing syndrome on my thread.

Check No 2 https://www.nairaland.com/3692784/some-deeds-not-meant-muslims

Who told you that you are a believer?

You are known for your shubha and nonsense arrant about Islam...

Your innovations.
1. You believed we are jabatiyah. (you call us a kafir by affirming sect for us)
2. You belive some sects are Muslims
3. Bidah is a sin to you.
4. No kafir in Islam.
5. We can't kafara anybody
6. Alaro and his cacaus are Muslims to you
7. Rasheedi eran aye, sarumi, ejigbo and other kufar are Muslims to you
8. All ahkam innovations are sin in your aqeedah. All bidah ceremony means nothing to you
9. You detest eating with spoon
10. You side with the kufar on qobla zawal and wearing footwear to perform Salah
11. Baba lagbeni is a Muslim to you, Ibn hajar, Adam Abdullah and others
12. Sujud to greet is a sin to you.
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Babaheekmat: 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Laughing..

Saying All bidah is kufru is bidah?

Aye e ti ta pau..

So rosul is onibida according to you
Sahabahs are onibida according to you

Why do you think rosul kafara khawarij?
Why do you think Umar kafara qodariyah?
Why do you think Ali killed Shia back then?
Why do you think that Muhammad Bin Abdul wahab was called wahabiyah?
Why do you think the sects hates salafs so much?

Is it because of sin or bidah?

Bring dalil that all bidah isn't kufru
Bring dalil that divide bidah?

Stupid boy
.. Kaaaaaafir
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2019
Babaheekmat:

Your innovations.
1. You believed we are jabatiyah. (you call us a kafir by affirming sect for us)
4. No kafir in Islam.
8. All ahkam innovations are sin in your aqeedah. All bidah ceremony means nothing to you
9. You detest eating with spoon
10. You side with the kufar on qobla zawal and wearing footwear to perform Salah

@najib632, You see?

Babaheekmat, how sure are you on the scale of 100% that all these you itemise on your list is applicable to me?
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Babaheekmat: 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2019
najib632:

Ain't like any sect.. No sect in islam. They're all kufar.

Rosul kafara them(hadith khawarij and hadith on sects) . Allah called them kufar (suratul rum)

And, just like they called our scholars by their name..

Wahabiyah
Madkhalist
Jabatiyah

Calling us names only make us firm that we are on haqq.

See the reasons I called him a kafir. If it's not up to calling him a kafir.. Speak up
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Babaheekmat: 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

@najib632, You see?

Babaheekmat, how sure are you on the scale of 100% that all these you itemise on your list is applicable to me?

If any of those things I said is a lie against you.. Prove it.

All your scholars.. That's exactly what they are on.

That's why they mix with the sects like MSSN and others. That's why they refer to some sects as Muslims

You people divided bidah into 2. Mukafiroh (kufru) and mufasiko (sin)

All your scholars placed mufasiko under sins

Even people that fall into mufasiko, they do not kafara them.

Why do you think you all refer to alaro, habeeb markaz, ejigbo, Adam Abdullah as a Muslim
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by najib632(m): 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

You see?

By Allah there is a lot of ignorance in that brother. He should seek for more knowledge. And fear Allah, and he should know that Allah's mercy far is bigger than the followers of Jabata.
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Babaheekmat: 5:18pm On Nov 23, 2019
najib632:
By Allah there is a lot of ignorance in that brother. He should seek for more knowledge. And fear Allah, and he should know that Allah's mercy far is bigger than the followers of Jabata.

Laughing..

Well, it's cool you regarded me as your brother..

Probably you don't know what you are on.

List those things that makes you think jabata is astray..
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2019
Babaheekmat:

So what am i?

Babaheekmat:

Your innovations.

Yes, you are a new sect that brings what the Prophet never preached. Your sect leader is Muhammad Ali Jabata from Kwara State. Only you and your Ustadh's sect are Muslims others are non-Muslims.

Babaheekmat:

It was narrated from Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood among us and said: “Those who came before you of the people of the Book split into seventy-two sects, and this ummah will split into seventy-three: seventy-two in Hell and one in Paradise, and that is the jamaa’ah (main body of Muslims).”
Narrated by Abu Dawood (4597) and others; classed as saheeh by al-Haakim (1/128)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also described them in the following terms: “My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said: Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.” This is mentioned in the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr which was recorded and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi (2641). It was also classed as hasan by al-‘Iraaqi in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan (3/432), al-‘Iraaqi in Takhreej al-Ihya’ (3/284) and al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Did the Prophet call his Ummah disbelievers in the above narrations? He called them his Ummah despite the splitting!

Babaheekmat:

Yes bid'a is like sin. Some can take one out of Islam and some don't.

Bid’ah may be divided into two categories:

(i)bid’ah which constitutes kufr

(ii)bid’ah which does not constitute kufr

If you ask, what is the definition of bid’ah which constitutes kufr and that which does not constitute kufr?

The answer is:

Shaykh Haafiz al-Hukami (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The kind of bid’ah which constitutes kufr is when one denies a matter on which there is scholarly consensus, which widely-known, and which no Muslim can have any excuse for not knowing, such as denying something that is obligatory, making something obligatory that is not obligatory, or making something haraam halaal, or making something halaal haraam; or believing some notion about Allaah, His Messenger and His Book when they are far above that, whether in terms of denial of affirmation – because that means disbelieving in the Qur’aan and in the message with which Allaah sent His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Examples include the bid’ah of the Jahamiyyah, who denied the attributes of Allaah; or the notion that the Qur’aan was created; or the notion that some of the attributes of Allaah were created; or the bid’ah of the Qadariyyah who denied the knowledge and actions of Allaah; or the bid’ah of the Mujassimah who likened Allaah to His creation… etc.

The second category, bid’ah which does not constitute kufr, is defined as that which does not imply rejection of the Qur’aan or of anything with which Allaah sent His Messengers.

Examples include the Marwaani bid’ahs (which were denounced by the greatest Sahaabah who did not approve of them, although they did not denounce them as kaafirs or refuse to give them bay’ah because of that), such as delaying some of the prayers until the end of the due times, doing the Eid khutbah before the Eid prayer, delivering the khutbah whilst sitting down on Fridays, etc.

(Ma’aarij al-Qubool, 2/503-504)

Babaheekmat:

4. No kafir in Islam.

Contrary to what you claim i created a thread here https://www.nairaland.com/4752792/summary-things-throw-muslim-out

Babaheekmat:

We can call someone Kaafir but with guidelines https://www.nairaland.com/4311984/guidelines-takfeer-ruling-someone-kaafir

Babaheekmat:

Allah knows the true situation of his slave. You have the innovators lists. How many rewards was added to your scale when you call them Kafir?

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
“Part of the perfection of one’s Islam is his leaving that which does not concern him.” (Tirnidhi) An-Nawawi Hadith 12

Babaheekmat:

8. All ahkam innovations are sin in your aqeedah. All bidah ceremony means nothing to you.
Refer to Bid'a above
Babaheekmat:

9. You detest eating with spoon.
Lies! i ate with spoon this morning. There is nothing wrong with eating with a fork or spoon and the like, and that is not imitating the kuffaar, because it is not something that is unique to them.
Babaheekmat:

Wearing a clean footwear for Solah is a Sunnah as the hadith says the Prophet did it.
“While the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was leading his companions in prayer, he took off his shoes and placed them to his left. When the people saw that, they took off their shoes too. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) finished his prayer, he asked, ‘What made you take off your shoes?’ They said, ‘We saw you take off your shoes, so we took ours off too.’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘Jibreel (peace be upon him) came to me and told me that there was something dirty on them.’ When any one of you comes to the mosque, let him look and if he sees anything dirty on his shoes, let him wipe them and then pray in them.” (Abu Dawood, 650; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 605).

Babaheekmat:

I don't even know Baba lagbeni...
Refer to 6 & 7 above.
Babaheekmat:

Yes, Sujood to greet is a sin and it is kufr if the intention is worship.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

Prostration is of two types: prostration by way of pure worship, and prostration by way of honouring and showing respect. As for the former, it can only be done for Allah.
End quote in Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa (4/361)

And he said: The Muslims are unanimously agreed that prostration to anyone other than Allah is prohibited.
End quote from Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa (4/358)

With regard to the view that prostration to anything other than Allah is shirk in all cases, because prostration in and of itself is an act of worship that cannot be directed to anyone other than Allah, this is a weak view. This is indicated by the following:

Allah commanded the angels to prostrate to Adam; if merely prostrating was shirk, Allah would not have commanded them to do that.
At-Tabari said: “…then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him” [al-Hijr 15:29] – this refers to the prostration of greeting and honour, not the prostration of worship.
Ibn al-‘Arabi said: The ummah is unanimously agreed that the angels’ prostration to Adam was not a prostration of worship.
End quote from Ahkaam al-Qur’an (1/27)

Ibn Hazm az-Zaahiri said: There is no difference of opinion among any of the Muslims that their prostration to Allah, may He be exalted, was a prostration of worship, and their prostration to Adam was a prostration of greeting and respect.
End quote from al-Fasl fi’l-Milal wa’l-Ahwa’ wa’n-Nihal (2/129).

Allah has told us about the prostration of Ya‘qoob and his sons to Yoosuf (peace be upon him). If it were shirk, the Prophets of Allah would not have done it.
We cannot say that this was part of the religious teachings of those who came before us, because shirk has never been permitted in the teachings of any of the Prophets at all, and the teachings and symbols of Tawheed (affirmation of the oneness of Allah) have not changed from the time of Adam until the time of our Prophet Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him).
At-Tabari said: Ibn Zayd said concerning the verse, “and they fell down before him prostrate” [Yoosuf 12:100]:
That was a prostration by way of honouring and showing respect, as the angels prostrated to Adam by way of honouring and showing respect; it was not a prostration of worship.

Rather with regard to the one who said that their prostration was a greeting among them, what he meant was that it was a custom on their part and was not by way of worshipping one another, and what may support this view is the fact that this custom continued to be practised by people for a long time, and was not done by way of worshipping one another.
End quote from Jaami‘ al-Bayaan (13/356)

Ibn Katheer said:
This was allowed in their laws and teachings: when they greeted an elder, they would prostrate to him. This remained permissible from the time of Adam until the teachings of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him), but this is prohibited for this ummah, and prostration is only for the Lord, may He be glorified and exalted.
End quote from Tafseer al-Qur’an al-‘Azeem (4/412)

Al-Qaasimi said:
What there can be no doubt about is that it was not a prostration of worship or humility; rather it was a prostration of respect only, beyond a doubt.
End quote from Mahaasin at-Ta’weel (6/250)

Mu‘aadh prostrated to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) when he returned from Syria. If it were shirk, the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) would have explained that to him, but the most that happened in that regard was that he explained to him that it was not permissible to prostrate to him.
It was narrated that ‘Abdullah ibn Abi Awfa said: when Mu‘aadh ibn Jabal came from Syria, he prostrated to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him, who said, “What is this, O Mu‘aadh?” He said, I went to Syria and saw them prostrating to their archbishops and patriarchs, and I wanted to do that for you. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him ) said, “Do not do that. If I were to command anyone to prostrate to anyone other than Allah, I would have commanded women to prostrate to their husbands. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, no woman can fulfil her duty towards Allah until she fulfils her duty towards her husband.”
Narrated by Ibn Maajah (1853); classed as hasan by al-Albaani

Shaykh al-Islam said: It is well known that he did not say: If I were to command anyone to be worshiped.
End quote from Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa (4/360)

Adh-Dhahabi said:
Do you not see that the Sahaabah, in their great love for the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), said: Shouldn’t we prostrate to you? And he said no. If he had given them permission, they would have prostrated to him by way of honouring and showing respect, not by way of worship, as the brothers of Yoosuf (peace be upon him) prostrated to Yoosuf.

Something similar may be said about the Muslim prostrating to the grave of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) by way of veneration and respect: he does not commit an act of disbelief thereby; rather he is sinning. So he should be told that this is not allowed, and the same applies to praying facing towards the grave.
End quote from Mu‘jam ash-Shuyookh al-Kabeer (1/73).

It is proven in some hadiths that some animals prostrated to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). If merely prostrating constituted shirk, this would not have happened in the case of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him).

Shaykh al-Islam said:
Animals used to prostrate to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), and animals do not worship any but Allah, so how can it be said that prostrating to something implies worship thereof?

“Mere prostration” is one of the shar‘i rulings which may change from one set of laws to another, unlike matters of Tawheed which is to be established in the heart; it is fixed and does not change.

Shaykh al-Islam said:
With regard to humility and devotion in the heart, acknowledgement of Lordship and servitude, this can never be to anyone except Allah alone, may He be glorified and exalted, and if directed towards anyone other than Him, it is prohibited and invalid.

As for prostration, it is something that has to do with laws and decrees, because Allah, may He be exalted, has commanded us to prostrate to Him. If He had commanded us to prostrate to any of His creation other than Him, we would have prostrated to that other one, in obedience to Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, if He wanted us to venerate the one to whom we prostrated. If He had not obliged us to prostrate, it would not be obligatory to do it at all.

The angels’ prostration to Adam was an act of worship to Allah, in obedience to Him and as a means of drawing closer to Him. For Adam it was an honour and a token of respect.

The prostration of the brothers of Yoosuf to him was a form of greeting. Do you not see that when his parents prostrated to him by way of greeting, Yoosuf did not object to that.

Differentiating between prostration by way of greeting and prostration by way of worship is the view of the majority of scholars of different madhhabs.

Fakhr ad-Deen az-Zayla‘i said:
What they do of kissing the ground before the scholars is haraam, and the one who does that and the one who approves of it are sinning, because it resembles idol worship.

As-Sadr ash-Shaheed stated that he does not become a disbeliever by doing this prostration, because what he intends thereby is a greeting.
End uqote from Tabyeen al-Haqaa’iq (6/25)

Ibn Nujaym al-Hanafi said: Prostration to tyrants constitutes disbelief, if what is intended thereby is worship, but not if what is intended thereby is a greeting, according to the view of the majority.
End quote from al-Bahr ar-Raa’iq (5/134).

An-Nawawi said:
What many of the ignorant do of prostrating before shaykhs is definitely haraam, in all cases, whether it is facing towards the qiblah or otherwise, and whether the intention is to prostrate to Allah, may He be exalted, or it is done out of heedlessness. In some cases it constitutes disbelief or almost does. May Allah, the Most Generous, pardon us.
End quote from al-Majmoo‘ Sharh al-Muhadhdhab (4/69)

Shihaab ad-Deen ar-Ramli said:
Merely prostrating before the shaykhs does not mean that venerating the shaykh is like venerating Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, in the sense that he is worshipped. It only constitutes disbelief if that is the intention.
End quote from Nihaayat al-Muhtaaj ila Sharh al- Minhaaj (1/122)

Ar-Ruhaybaani said:
Prostrating to rulers or the dead with the intention of worship constitutes disbelief, and this is agreed upon unanimously by the Muslims. Greeting a human being by prostrating to him is a grave major sin.
End quote from Mataalib Ooli an-Nuha (6/278)

Ash-Shawkaani said:
It is essential to clarify this by noting that if this prostration is done with the intention of affirming the Lordship of the one to whom one prostrates, then by prostrating in this manner he has ascribed a partner to Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, and affirmed that there is another god with Him.

But if his intention is only to show respect, as happens often with those who enter upon foreign (non-Arab) kings, where they kiss the ground in veneration of the king, this does not constitute disbelief at all. All scholars are agreed that labelling a specific person as a disbeliever is a very serious matter and is not to be taken lightly.
End quote from as-Sayl al-Jaraar (4/580)

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem said:
Bowing when greeting is haraam, if the intention is to greet the person. If it is intended by way of worship, then it constitutes disbelief.
End quote from Fataawa wa Rasaa’il ash-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem Aal ash-Shaykh (1/109)

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ‘Abd al-Lateef said:
it is well-known that prostration by way of worship, which is based on humility, submission and veneration to Allah alone, is part of Tawheed (affirmation of the Oneness of Allah), to which all the Messengers called. If it is directed to anyone other than Allah, then it is shirk and ascription of rivals to Allah.

But if a person prostrates to his father or a scholar and the like, and his intention is to offer a greeting and show respect, then this comes under the heading of prohibited matters that are less than shirk. But if the intention is to show submission and humility, then this constitutes shirk.
End quote from Nawaaqid al-Eemaan al-Qawliyyah wa’l-‘Amaliyyah (p. 278)
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by najib632(m): 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2019
Babaheekmat:

Ain't like any sect.. No sect in islam. They're all kufar.

Rosul kafara them(hadith khawarij and hadith on sects) . Allah called them kufar (suratul rum)

And, just like they called our scholars by their name..

Wahabiyah
Madkhalist
Jabatiyah

Calling us names only make us firm that we are on haqq.

See the reasons I called him a kafir. If it's not up to calling him a kafir.. Speak up
This brother is a Salafiy wether you like it or not. He is always promoting the sunnah and always against bidiah. His threads on nairaland are always about educating the ummah. You should fear Allah brother have you ever seen this brother talking down on muhammad ibn abdulwahab? Fear Allah brother.

1 Like

Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by najib632(m): 8:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
Babaheekmat:

Laughing..

Well, it's cool you regarded me as your brother..

Probably you don't know what you are on.

List those things that makes you think jabata is astray..
Declaring people as kafir without any intellectual or plain evidence from the Qur'an or sunnah. This is similar to the khawarij they declare everyone who does not agree with them a kafir.
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Babaheekmat: 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
najib632:
Declaring people as kafir without any intellectual or plain evidence from the Qur'an or sunnah. This is similar to the khawarij they declare everyone who does not agree with them a kafir.

Those things I listed that are part of his aqeedah.. Check it.. Then tell me how he's not a kafir..

Besides, someone that affirms that sujud for other than Allah is a sin.. Is that person not a kafir?
Someone that affirms Islam for kufar.. Adam Abdullah and others.. Is that person not a kafir?
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Babaheekmat: 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2019
najib632:
This brother is a Salafiy wether you like it or not. He is always promoting the sunnah and always against bidiah. His threads on nairaland are always about educating the ummah. You should fear Allah brother have you ever seen this brother talking down on muhammad ibn abdulwahab? Fear Allah brother.

Have you ever seen alaro talking down Muhammed bin Abdul wahab? And is alaro a Muslim?
Re: Making Food During The Mourning Period by Babaheekmat: 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2019
On the accusation that we are a sect.

A sect have a name... Given to them by their leader.
A sect always have different aqeedah from rosul aqeedah.
A sect always wage war against sunnah of rosul.

E. G.

Mssn. Was founded in 1906
With the aim of gathering Muslims together under one banner.
Mssn have amir
Mssn have ameera
They do meetings with other sects
All their ameers in Nigeria come together to do meetings
They conduct IVC
They mix with the kufar (other sects members).
They support democracy
They do jihad week.
They have aqeedah hassan Al Bana.

It's kufar like you people that label us jabatiyah
Just like your forefathers labeled the Muslims during era of Muhammad bin Abdul wahab WAHABIYAH

Just like the kufar labeled Muslims madkhalist and Ibn taymiyah.. In those sheiks era..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ruling On Celebrating Non-muslim Holidays And Congratulating Them / Why Do Muslims Pay Zakat ? / What Islam Says If Eid Prayer And Juma’at (friday), Coincide On The Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.