Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,746 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? (1874 Views)

Why Are Most Men Wicked In Marriage? / See Our Favorite Old Actresses, Their Families And What They Do Now / 10 tips for healthy families and relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by Santinho: 4:34am On Nov 22, 2019
I have been thinking about this for sometime now and decided to create this topic to seek your opinions and contributions.
I have realised that in most marriages and families, you will discover that the husband/father die leaving the wife or wives and children in the hands of the woman or women.
This is very common among our religious places, environment, among peers and even our places of work.
I know that some women die also thereby leaving their families behind, but the ratio is very low compare to the men.
It is never the intention of any man or father to die and leave his family and responsibilities yet, we have high rate of death among men in marriages and even boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. Moreover, this is not limited to only Africans alone, because I have also discovered this among my social media friends too.

WHY THIS?

Cc
Lalasticla
Mynd44
Ubunja
Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by Nobody: 4:40am On Nov 22, 2019
Santinho:
I have been thinking about this for sometime now and decided to create this topic to seek your opinions and contributions.
I have realised that in most marriages and families, you will discover that the husband/father die leaving the wife or wives and children in the hands of the woman or women.
This is very common among our religious places, environment, among peers and even our places of work.
I know that some women die also thereby leaving their families behind, but the ratio is very low compare to the men.
It is never the intention of any man or father to die and leave his family and responsibilities yet, we have high rate of death among men in marriages and even boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. Moreover, this is not limited to only Africans alone, because I have also discovered this among my social media friends too.

WHY THIS?

Cc
Lalasticla
Mynd44
Ubunja

Is the life of a man. Born to suffer for the family and die sooner.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by leokid866: 4:41am On Nov 22, 2019
Because they are the ones who wash the Body, Close the Eyes, and put the Soul to Rest....go read vertigo comics The SandMan and you will find all your answers in there.
Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by cenaman(m): 4:56am On Nov 22, 2019
grin Space not for sale buyer beware of 419.
Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by yeyeosoronga: 5:14am On Nov 22, 2019
They die earlier because
1. Health seeking behaviour- they avoid hospitals and Drs as much as possible till it's late, unlike women who also take their children to hospital quickly. Women tend to over estimate risks while men tend to underestimate
2. They take bigger risks like drive like maniacs disobeying traffic rules and causing accidents, drink driving after 10 bottles of alcohol and still getting on the wheels ( road safety will confirm this, and the ratio of their offenders favour males)
3. they are more violent eg like stabbing bottles on themselves over woman matter, fighting with cutlass over land matter. Thanks to testosterone, I guess
4. When they are tired of life, they actually are successful with suicide and will just do it like Nike swoosh, unlike women who are more attention seeking and would just hurt themselves but not kill themselves
5. Men have a higher risk for cardiovascular diseases like hypertension, heart attacks because estrogen in women confers some protection, while good ol' testosterone increases the levels of bad cholesterol in the body
6. They take up riskier jobs like military, construction, armed robbery, kidnapping, cultism etc.
7. Etc

Those are proven stats up there, and not some beer parlour gists of men working so hard to cater for their family hence die earlier. Women do more and still live longer.

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by kayusely70(m): 5:20am On Nov 22, 2019
Men go through a lot of stress in the quest to cater for the family and easily worn out

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by BUTTERMILKSUGAR(m): 5:26am On Nov 22, 2019
Men engage in more strenuous and dangerous activities.Men are adventurous That's why male mortality rate is higher than female.

Yet we are insulted, slapped, disrespected, unappreciated by women we love, care for and protect.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by TheSourcerer: 5:43am On Nov 22, 2019
We work till we die! Women Bleep until they die , they have longer life span
Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by zed7: 5:57am On Nov 22, 2019
Simply because we put ourselves more in harm's way.
Fighting wars, protecting the family.
Engaging in risky behaviours like trying to satisfy multiple women sexually so we can prove our sexual prowess.
Being adventurous, doing more of manual labour etc.
Unfortunately most men want to do what other men do without factoring our own individual health status. Some have weak hearts but still want to do marathon sex and drink gallons of beer.
Women have the easier part of the stick, yet still keep demanding equality. If things are to actually be shared equally, the life span of women will be 21 years... grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by excessmon(m): 6:17am On Nov 22, 2019
Biggest cause....,,,,,,,
Stress

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by genq(m): 7:39am On Nov 22, 2019
This might not be a common opinion but I actually think it's better this way.

Don't think for a second that a woman's life is rosy after the death of her husband. If she's widowed when the kids are young, she is forced to juggle the responsibilities of both mum and dad - working hard to provide while still being a nurture.

If she's much older and LUCKY, her children might try their best to give her a comfortable life at the very least. However, this will not erase the issue of loneliness especially if she's past her prime and unable to get another spouse - notice that, in most cases of mother in law drama, the mother in law is usually without a husband and is therefore fighting the daughter in law for the attention of the remaining male figure in her life (her son).

Bottom line is everybody dies eventually - whether male or female. The point is to ensure you live a life of quality while at it - which is more honorable than existing in misery and loneliness in old age.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by cococandy(f): 7:51am On Nov 22, 2019
Men often marry women younger than them.
All things being equal, the older person typically dies first.

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by farady(m): 7:59am On Nov 22, 2019
OP Dis is a simple sturvs na. The load wey we dey carry no be here oh. The other day someone created a thread requesting what men offer...... Kindly refer to that thread and see for yourself the very many things men offer - in the home, relationship, family etc.

In a bid to meet up, the man most times end accumulating so much stress that adversely affects his health; developing sicknesses ranging from hypertension to cancer, which eventually ends his life.

Shout out to all men in the house! God bless and be with us.
Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by PDPGuy: 8:03am On Nov 22, 2019
cococandy:
Men often marry women younger than them.
All things being equal, the older person typically dies first.
You smart

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by Santinho: 10:16am On Nov 22, 2019
correctguy0900:

Is the life of a man. Born to suffer for the family and die sooner.

How do you mean. I know many homes where the Wife hustles and cater for the family. But you end up seeing the man dying first before the wife.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by Santinho: 10:18am On Nov 22, 2019
leokid866:
Because they are the ones who wash the Body, Close the Eyes, and put the Soul to Rest....go read vertigo comics The SandMan and you will find all your answers in there.

You maybe right but I would appreciate if you explain better.
Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by Santinho: 10:18am On Nov 22, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
They die earlier because
1. Health seeking behaviour- they avoid hospitals and Drs as much as possible till it's late, unlike women who also take their children to hospital quickly. Women tend to over estimate risks while men tend to underestimate
2. They take bigger risks like drive like maniacs disobeying traffic rules and causing accidents, drink driving after 10 bottles of alcohol and still getting on the wheels ( road safety will confirm this, and the ratio of their offenders favour males)
3. they are more violent eg like stabbing bottles on themselves over woman matter, fighting with cutlass over land matter. Thanks to testosterone, I guess
4. When they are tired of life, they actually are successful with suicide and will just do it like Nike swoosh, unlike women who are more attention seeking and would just hurt themselves but not kill themselves
5. Men have a higher risk for cardiovascular diseases like hypertension, heart attacks because estrogen in women confers some protection, while good ol' testosterone increases the levels of bad cholesterol in the body
6. They take up riskier jobs like military, construction, armed robbery, kidnapping, cultism etc.
7. Etc

Those are proven stats up there, and not some beer parlour gists of men working so hard to cater for their family hence die earlier. Women do more and still live longer.

Thanks for your opinion
Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by Santinho: 10:20am On Nov 22, 2019
TheSourcerer:
We work till we die! Women Bleep until they die , they have longer life span

So does that mean that the women bleep themselves �

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by Santinho: 10:23am On Nov 22, 2019
zed7:
Simply because we put ourselves more in harm's way.
Fighting wars, protecting the family.
Engaging in risky behaviours like trying to satisfy multiple women sexually so we can prove our sexual prowess.
Being adventurous, doing more of manual labour etc.
Unfortunately most men want to do what other men do without factoring our own individual health status. Some have weak hearts but still want to do marathon sex and drink gallons of beer.
Women have the easier part of the stick, yet still keep demanding of equality. If things are to actually be shared equally, the life span of women will be 21 years... grin

21 years? Bad guy �
Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
Marrying younger women might attribute for the men dying earlier but in most cases, women generally have a longer life span because women are more reserved, do less stressful work and take better care of their health.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2019
Santinho:

How do you mean. I know many homes where the Wife hustles and cater for the family. But you end up seeing the man dying first before the wife.

There's always an exception. But in most homes, the man does everything

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by leokid866: 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2019
Santinho:

You maybe right but I would appreciate if you explain better.
Just go read the book.....I can't be explaining the inner workings of the universe here when someone has already put it in color for all to read.
Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by cococandy(f): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
kiss
PDPGuy:

You smart
Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by yazga: 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
Our African parents made it look like marital abuse is better than divorce and that’s why our generation need to correct that and make our girl child know that when her marriage is tough and rough and beyond saving, our house is always opened

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by Tarabye: 5:49pm On Nov 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by 24kmagic: 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2019
Because nature made it so
Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by Pavore9: 7:03pm On Nov 22, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
They die earlier because
7. Etc

Well captured.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
They die earlier because
7. Etc

You agree with what you are arguing against in your number 6.
]They take up riskier jobs like military, construction, armed robbery, kidnapping, cultism etc

Men take up riskier jobs to provide. It is not the only reason they take up riskier jobs but it's a factor.

If you want to know if the necessity to provide can be a strong factor in people people deciding to take up risky jobs, go to a whorehouse and ask how many of them became prostitutes after becoming single mothers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by yeyeosoronga: 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
WORLDPEACE:

You agree with what you are arguing against in your number 6.
]They take up riskier jobs like military, construction, armed robbery, kidnapping, cultism etc

Men take up riskier jobs to provide. It is not the only reason they take up riskier jobs but it's a factor.

If you want to know if the necessity to provide can be a strong factor in people people deciding to take up risky jobs, go to a whorehouse and ask how many of them became prostitutes after becoming single mothers.

I inserted some sarcasm in there. I didn't want to say men are more criminally minded, hence they have shorter lifespans. Armed robbery, kidnapping, cultism are vices that should probably carry the death sentence sef, and are not seen as jobs. You cannot cause tears and sadness in people's lives and expect happiness and joy in yours all under the guise of "providing".
I didn't list my points in order of their relevance, but I'm very certain that the leading causes of death in men in Nigeria has nothing to do with their desire or hustling to provide for their family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by LadySarah: 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
EverytiMe you go have drinks with ur Gees,bottle after bottle while your wife is at home eting fruits with the kids and you think they will live long?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? by b3llo(m): 2:59am On Nov 23, 2019
Men engage in more dangerous n risky behaviour/activity unlike women. This expose Men to sudden death.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uplifting And Encouraging Quotes And Images...believe You Can Try Once More / Polygamy, Forced Marriage Practiced In Texas.read On……… / 105 Years Old Woman Hangs Herself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.