Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award (11208 Views)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by cuiz: 10:40am On Nov 22, 2019
Award-winning author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has successfully bagged another top award by the UN Foundation Global Leadership.

Chimamanda who has gotten over 16 awards since 2002 has been honored with the Global Leadership Award by the UN Foundation Global Leadership.

She was recognized at the “We the Peoples,” the 2019 UN Foundation’s Global Leadership Dinner, held in New York yesterday.

The event is held annually to commemorate the UN Charter and the work of UN agencies.

http://irukkanews.com/index.php/2019/11/22/chimamanda-adichie-honoured-with-the-global-leadership-award/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Religion6: 10:42am On Nov 22, 2019
Congratulations dear. This is a pure definition of "Slay Queen"

36 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 22, 2019
Religion6:
Congratulations dear. This is a pure definition of "Slay Queen"
That slay queen reference is overused, and is somewhat inappropriate here.
She's a great woman. You can leave it at that.

For high scores in IELTS, send a mail to editus dot ng at gmail dot com. A competent private tutor will respond immediately. Don't take that exam more than once.

37 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Maraokere: 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2019
beautiful, brave and brilliant...congrats momma

22 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Religion6: 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
DonCaxton:

That slay queen reference is overused.
She's a great woman.
Not really Nigerian's concept of slaying.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Dumebi454: 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2019
This woman has brought so much grace and honor to us

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by NOL2dworld(m): 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2019
Congratulations to her.. she is one of the people making Nigeria proud.

For those who wish to know, no matter what U are going through, there is still hope,don't give up.. Keep pushing you will overcome.

Is life not fair to you? I know someone who can give U everlasting Peace, Joy and rest of mind, his name is Jesus.. Jesus Christ is the answer..

Accept Jesus Christ, surrender to him, rededicate yourself to Him and make Him your personal Lord and Saviour. Accept Him now, for next minute may be too late..
If U want to give your life to Christ or If U have giving your life to Christ before but has taking it back.. This is the time to rededicate your life...

Make this confession loudly. Father! Forgive me, I'm sorry, please help me, I love U, I need U, hold me Jesus!!!, my heart, my soul please take control of it right now. Lead me in your ways and teach me your path so I can forever abide in your words. Save me Lord, have mercy on me and forgive my sins in Jesus name. Amen

Thank U for saving me and thank U because U have deliver me from the bondage of sins, I know my sins has been forgiving, I give U all the praise in Jesus name.

If U make this confession with an open heart, your sins have been forgiving and the Lord has removed your name from the book of death to the book of life. He has giving u peace and everlasting joy. Ask continuously with faith any good thing U want the Lord to do for U with believe in Jesus name and he will answer you...

13 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Officialgarri: 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2019
It's from this lady I learnt that feminists are of two types.

The sensible ones

And the ones who are feminists out of hatred

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by kalvoken(m): 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2019
So that dead meat suya boy has been banned indefinitely

Nairaland would have known no peace, if he had been active during and after kogi/bayelsa election.

Seeing that guy's comment on any thread annoys the hell out of me.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Sweeetheart(m): 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2019
chimamanda my love

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Opexzy: 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2019
Congratulations... Beautiful and brilliant igbo girl.. Keep representing us well...

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by tstx(m): 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2019
Cool
..... As an African writer the only thing you need to succeed is to embrace your Africanness and then add a little sprinkle of oyibo
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by ifeanyiatuadu: 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
why she never wear trousers?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by freedomchild: 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
civilised world keeps praising and awarding her shit hole world keeps bashing and insulting her
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by PopeFlatino(m): 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
This is d test result as evidence,I have to share this publicly despite any wrong to my image because am running against time to complete d payment tomorrow..And getting desperate...

As for the guy that said I should suffer the Colifon infection alone,I want to make this clear to everyone that I have been celibate for 5 months now,so I don't think it was sexually transmitted. ...Below is my earlier write-up that I pleaded for assistance.. please any amount contributed is okay from anyone...

Friends please I need ur help once more if u can?

I tested +ve to a yeast infection few days ago and I started the treatment yesterday,I don't really feel comfortable with d symptoms am receiving in my private part ..so please all I need is #5000 to complete d IV injection and drugs charges..

I have spent #3700 in culture test on Monday already,, #4000 yesterday to start injection and few drugs that will sustain d momentum till tomorrow.with d promise to complete it tomorrow...

Please if u have ever been in such condition u will understand better,,don't reply if u wanna throw shades please....am very serious here and if I faked this story let nothing good come my way..

Nairalanders have helped me twice in d past and I just wish someone can come to my help once more ..I beg all of u cry

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2019
cuiz:
Award-winning author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has successfully bagged another top award by the UN Foundation Global Leadership.

Chimamanda who has gotten over 16 awards since 2002 has been honored with the Global Leadership Award by the UN Foundation Global Leadership.

She was recognized at the “We the Peoples,” the 2019 UN Foundation’s Global Leadership Dinner, held in New York yesterday.

The event is held annually to commemorate the UN Charter and the work of UN agencies.

http://irukkanews.com/index.php/2019/11/22/chimamanda-adichie-honoured-with-the-global-leadership-award/

She is so good at promoting herself. All this awards can be gotten with some currency throw here and there...but it's good for her as that will keep promoting her
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Brandstudio01: 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2019
I like the Babe except for her believe on gender
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Bukino222(m): 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
Igbo Amaka
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
Good one
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Hubsolar: 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2019
Igbo amaka
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by prevailer247(f): 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2019
Am done hating this Woman at this point I cant help but congratulate her cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Pavore9: 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
oldtruth:

She is so good at promoting herself. All this awards can be gotten with some currency throw here and there...but it's good for her as that will keep promoting her

Why not post links to your own achievement and the awards you have received without some currency

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by DirtyGold: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
Someone please educate me, what active thing is this woman doing that keeps her getting all these awards? Whenever I see her name, it is for one honour or the other and not for a publication of anything.
Because ayam not understanding again.

Congratulations to her nonetheless.

What's tha business?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Scofieldgee(m): 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
Igboamaka
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
Pavore9:

Why not post links to your own achievement and the awards you have received without some currency

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Emperor002: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
igbo ndioma
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by israelmao(m): 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
You put up the best show compare to those youths those that engage in sextaping.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Kennyswagzz: 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
When we she be honoured with a nobel prizecrycryangry
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Omoslim26: 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2019
ifeanyiatuadu:
why she never wear trousers?

Do you want her to wear trousers?
I can help you tell

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award by Seunpaul01(m): 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
Officialgarri:
It's from this lady I learnt that feminists are of two types.

The sensible ones

And the ones who are feminists out of hatred

Abeg, how are the sensible ones like.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Heart Touching Love Stories That Will Inspire You :) / Nairalander wins #100k in The Niyi Akinmolayan Script Write Contest. (pic) / We Bled To Get Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.