Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award (8893 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 42nd Birthday Today / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by vicdom(m): 1:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
Author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, has been honoured with the United Nations Global Leadership Award.

According to a UN statement on the award, Adichie was recognised for how she uses “literature and storytelling to connect with people across generations and cultures on issues of gender and racial equality.”

Adichie was honoured alongside, Mary Robinson, Chair of The Elders and former President of Ireland, who received the “Champion of Global Change Award for her tireless leadership on climate justice and human rights. Additionally, four UN staff members who have worked on the frontlines of crisis response will accept the UN Heroes Award on behalf of UN humanitarian agencies.”

https://punchng.com/photos-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-receives-un-global-leadership-award/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by NaijaRoyalty(m): 1:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
Chimamanda is not into business else, They woulda looked for ways to run her down while the likes of Tinubu still walking a free man despite been convicted in united states over Nacotics dealings and 3 bullion vans that drove into his compound on the eve to election.

Keep soaring high and higher Chimamanda, Ndigbo are proud of you.

Igbo Amaka .

43 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by emeijeh(m): 7:25am On Nov 27, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Keep soaring high and higher Chimamanda, Ndigbo are proud of you.

Igbo Amaka .

Nigeria amaka
Name checking and tribal bigotry doesn't pay, doesn't put money in your bank account, nor increase your status in the society.

Fûck off!

PS : I am from the east.
[img]https:///media/7-22-2015/IrLJWY.gif[/img]

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by TooNoisy(f): 7:25am On Nov 27, 2019
This is someone I respect so much, she is a proud Nigerian ambassador. In all of this, she has stayed true to her African roots; not trying to speak with an American accent.

To top it all, she has been able to keep her marriage and family together. Very proud of you!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 27, 2019
Congrats...keep making us proud

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by 1kbusiness: 7:25am On Nov 27, 2019
Congratulations.

Congrats.

If you haven't worked with us yet, this would be a good time to start.

Thank you for patronizing us.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by Amuluonyenaego: 7:25am On Nov 27, 2019
Nawaoooo this lady is something else (Elian) I doubt this IGBO AMAKA sister of mine.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by UjuJoan2: 7:26am On Nov 27, 2019
CNA . . . Always making us proud! kiss

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by SUCKCESSFUL: 7:26am On Nov 27, 2019
Wife Material.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by wonuks(m): 7:26am On Nov 27, 2019
This gal making us proud internationally. Congrats
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by lyriclekidd(m): 7:26am On Nov 27, 2019
Okay
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by Muyiwaipere(m): 7:26am On Nov 27, 2019
First good news for Nigerians this morning... We want more of this.... Not marlians and EFCC case

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by technuel: 7:27am On Nov 27, 2019
Every potential Igbo business men should know that your business will face persecution as along as it is still on Nigeria soil. The more Reason while they must rally round Nnamdi Kanu to push for referendum. Look at Innoson, Look at Ibeto now look at Allen Onyema.

Meanwhile Congrats to my Sister Chimamanda
Igbo Amaka

9 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by StrikeBack(m): 7:27am On Nov 27, 2019
Wetin we go use this award do for naija.?

Who award epp? Na award we go use generate electricity for this country.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 27, 2019
shocked

Great Woman!
An embodiment of virtues, intelligence, independence, beauty, strength and enviable character.
One of the few Nigerian women who cast positive light on the word feminist.

While most fake feminists hide under that word to slut around and suck different sizes of deeks, promiscuous single mothers, but Chimamanda remains a virtuous woman worthy of emulations.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by vincentjk(m): 7:27am On Nov 27, 2019
Chimamanda Ngozi adichie, Africa's best storyteller of all time. A well deserved award... Congrats ma

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:27am On Nov 27, 2019
From all of us @ : CONGRATULATIONS Beautiful Ngozi.

We are so proud of you.

Keep making our nation proud out there.

God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by Nelly21: 7:27am On Nov 27, 2019
Always making Nigeria proud, my role model kiss kiss
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by Renforce: 7:27am On Nov 27, 2019
Winning after winning
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by Jordan97: 7:29am On Nov 27, 2019
grin
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by ekwerendi(m): 7:29am On Nov 27, 2019
I love this woman wholeheartedly,the way she uses literature to unite the world is unprecedented....
I'm not a good storyteller,but I wish I have a wife talented like her......
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by Thebwoy: 7:29am On Nov 27, 2019
Ok
Congrats
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by anselm791(m): 7:29am On Nov 27, 2019
well deserved.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:29am On Nov 27, 2019
StrikeBack:
Wetin we go use this award do for naija.?

Who award epp? Na award we go use generate electricity for this country.
Bad energy in life ...... stay far away from this beautiful thread.
Nobody forced you to click on the thread.
Negative vibes everywhere!
Knocks!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by livebyday(m): 7:30am On Nov 27, 2019
Wait can someone please list out all the awards this lady has gotten over the last 10 years ?

Seriously I have lost count

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by kwalangida1: 7:30am On Nov 27, 2019
[s]
post=84401342:
From all of us @ : CONGRATULATIONS Ngozi.

We are so proud of you.

Keep making our nation proud out there.

God bless Nigeria.
[/s]
yolo

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by mrvitalis(m): 7:31am On Nov 27, 2019
emeijeh:

Nigeria amaka
Name checking and tribal bigotry doesn't pay, doesn't put money in your bank account, nor increase your status in the society.

Fûck off!

PS : I am from the east.
[img]https:///media/7-22-2015/IrLJWY.gif[/img]
You are from the east ? Lol
I know your pastors said speak it into existence but bro not this way
Not everything you wish for becomes reality

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by vincentjk(m): 7:32am On Nov 27, 2019
livebyday:
Wait can someone lease list out all the awards this lady has gotten over the last 10 years ?

Seriously I have lost count

I Personally can't list them all because she bags awards almost every month. Sometimes weeks

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by StrikeBack(m): 7:32am On Nov 27, 2019
post=84401397:

Bad energy in life ...... stay far away from this beautiful thread.
Nobody forced you to click on this thread.
Negative vibes everywhere!
Knocks!
Robot

Now swerve!
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award by iamjavadem(m): 7:35am On Nov 27, 2019
I dislike feminists but as a Nigerian I congratulate her and all other Nigerians that show Nigerians are intelligent and not all are criminals. My time will also come to portray Nigeria in good light. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Next Voice You Hear... / What's The Correct Usage Of "In Other To" And "In Order To" / TÉLLÀ ( A Paranormal Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.