Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences (16602 Views)

Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos / Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. / Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Chukwu94: 10:56am On Nov 22, 2019
The menace of omo onile in Lagos State have gotten out of hand. Some set of jobless individuals who have taken it up as a duty to frustrate people who work hard to earn a living and also build a house for themselves.

These thugs called omo onile who hide under the shadow of being approved by the sanwo olu's government have continued from where they stopped after the fashola's government. These people do nothing but come to request for exorbitant dues anytime you want to engage in a building project.

While I brought up this topic is to bring to the notice of the government the plight of lagosians in the hands of these jobless thugs called omo onile.

Share your experiences please..

8 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Dumebi454: 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2019
All I can say is may the Almighty bless all of us without houses with house so we can relate to topics like this

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Skepticus: 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2019
grin

Lagos is omo onile. Omo onile is Lagos. They are conjoined twins.

Separating Lagos from Omo Onile is like separating Nigerians from bad leaders.

It can never happen.

The Lagos State political and economic system which gets so much hype has an underworld element that most people fail to acknowledge but is highly relevant.

Omo-onile, NURTW thugs, Agberos, task force etc.

40 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Taiga: 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
Wicked people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by babyfaceafrica: 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
if you are humble and know your way,you and omo onile no go fight....find them small change ,they will hail you.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Fordzzy(m): 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
Waiting patiently for comments grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Jgoldie: 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
P
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Badonasty(m): 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
It's okay

2 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by tabithababy(f): 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
Na omo onile own Lagos nah

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
tongue

can only happen in a brown roof republic. They should try this shiit in the north they will know whatsup undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Ololanla: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
F
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by NOL2dworld(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ok
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by tstx(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
Sips tea
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Jasen1(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
Abuja rocks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Scofieldgee(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
International man is in London... Don't have business with lagos

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Tranquillity360: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
Is in shady and unreliable people blood.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by SURELAND: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
The best way to buy land in Lagos is from estate developer with good and verified title.

Lagos is not like other state where you can buy land from family and go to bed. You can only do that in the east and the North, Land is Lagos gold and oil, you can't buy land from a family or community in Lagos believing you are done, you need to go to Ministry of land for proper documentation.

Please don't buy land from omo onile anymore buy from estate, I mean fenced and gated estates.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by hosemujica: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
We have to keep dealing with them if you live outside Vi and ikoyi. I gave them 12k today just to let my empty container drop. Hopefully government would have sense one day and realise that omonile should not be the tax man.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by SURELAND: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
Bb
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by MrSix: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ok

Laptop deals...
Check my signature
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Emu4life(m): 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
U mean dem Tinubu boyzgrin

2 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by MrMcJay(m): 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
Interesting topic

I'm a real estate lawyer and by virtue of my job, I've come across different countless kinds of Omoniles. I mean, I have been faced by Omoniles with charms, I once had a disagreement with Omoniles on site only to narrowly escape a terrible accident on my way back to the office, I have had several crazy experiences with Omoniles. Let me give 3.

First one was in Agboyi in Ogudu, Lagos. Client bought a plot of land and wanted to start work. Omonile boys came and said he had to pay them before he starts. They chased off his workers and seized the tools. Then, the Property Protection Law of Lagos wasn't in existence. Client called me and was panicking. I told him to calm down. I met with the Omoniles and bought 2 Schnapps for them. I noticed that their leader was the most quiet one and got his phone number. Over the weekend, I called him and asked him to supply us 4 tipper loads of sand. After that, he personally helped us negotiate with the family from 400k to 50k and we paid it in 2 installments. After that day, we didn't have a problem.

Second one happened late last year. A vast portion of land running into acres was bought by someone for investment and when he wanted to start work, Omoniles brought court summons that they had a lawsuit against the family which sold to him. According to them, my client bought from the wrong family, but they refused to raise this until the elderly man who sold to my client died.

The first meeting I had with them ended up on a rancorous note. On my way back, the driver of my vehicle lost control at high speed. We narrowly escaped somersaulting. After that day, I told the Omoniles to go get a lawyer for me to talk to as I wasn't interested in discussing with them anymore. When they got a lawyer, the first question I asked him was "do you want to make case or make money?". From that point, we found a way to resolve it.

The third one, the Omoniles resold a land they initially sold to my client. I got the Baale arrested and promised to write a petition to the State Commissioner for Chieftaincy Affairs that he should be removed from office. I don't know how he did it but my client got his land back and 3 plots extra as compensation.

Omoniles require diplomacy, strong hand, generosity and street smartness in dealing with them. Once they see that you're not afraid and if they mess up, you'll deprive them of getting money. They would avoid getting into your bad books.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Brandstudio01: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ok
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by WalkerMichael(m): 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
Fire de burn for Lagos like this. & the most painful part is that we have no governor here... Its well. Next level
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by SURELAND: 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
Chukwu94:
The menace of omo onile in Lagos State have gotten out of hand. Some set of jobless individuals who have taken it up as a duty to frustrate people who work hard to earn a living and also build a house for themselves.

These thugs called omo onile who hide under the shadow of being approved by the sanwo olu's government have continued from where they stopped after the fashola's government. These people do nothing but come to request for exorbitant dues anytime you want to engage in a building project.

While I brought up this topic is to bring to the notice of the government the plight of lagosians in the hands of these jobless thugs called omo onile.

Share your experiences please..

and the second pics of those teenager are also omo onile right ?

7 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by ikorodureporta: 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
e b like say omo onile do our mod sometin
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
Mine was Ibafo. Paid for 4 plots. I delayed in fencing it, then someone else they collected money from came to cut his own 1 plot and started building it. I later fenced remaining 3 plots. Then after paying every member of the family, each coming and claiming he was cheated in the distribution of the money I paid.

The second phase is one woman in the family calling me for financial support on every occasion they had in the family, but I later told her off on a particular day. She once called me to come to her aid to complete the roofing of her house while I was yet to lay the foundation of mine at the time.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by hosemujica: 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
SURELAND:
and the second pics of those teenager are also omo onile right ?
You obviously don't know them .

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2014 The Year Of The New Lagos Electronic Certificate Of Occupancy ( E-C of O) / I Think I'm Being Cheated By A Building Contractor. / Genuine Lekki Estate Land For Sale - N1.5M (C Of O, Installmental Payment)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.