Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences (16592 Views)

Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos / Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. / Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by noisy45(m): 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2019
MrMcJay:

They once sold a land to a soldier. Thereafter, they sold it to a Naval officer.

True life story, in this same Lagos.

Chao this boys ehn cheesy grin
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by nextstep(m): 9:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
noisy45:
They don't try shit with u once u have a military or paramilitary personnel related to the owners of the land or owns the land
MrMcJay:
They once sold a land to a soldier. Thereafter, they sold it to a Naval officer.

grin grin grin I was about to say something similar, those boys get sense die. grin

1 Like

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by tonididdy(m): 9:04pm On Nov 22, 2019
Skepticus:
grin

Lagos is omo onile. Omo onile is Lagos. They are conjoined twins.

Separating Lagos from Omo Onile is like separating Nigerians from bad leaders.

It can never happen.

The Lagos State political and economic system which gets so much hype has an underworld element that most people fail to acknowledge but is highly relevant.

Omo-onile, NURTW thugs, Agberos, task force etc.

Never say never... Same way we in Edo state thought it could never stop but over 5years now the state is enjoying an omonile free environment ever since the Great Oba of Benin made a declaration it should stop and it did stop.

Otherwise b4 it was a menace, they come for settlement at every stage of the house, foundation, roofing, plastering, fencing, decking... But now it's cook for the community and kalas.

God bless Edo state and the Oba of Benin Kingdom

7 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Zino89: 9:04pm On Nov 22, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
if you are humble and know your way,you and omo onile no go fight....find them small change ,they will hail you.
u are right

1 Like

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by danemenike: 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
Omonile na fire
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Jaidooo(m): 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
if you are humble and know your way,you and omo onile no go fight....find them small change ,they will hail you.
But they always come back. Settle them for foundation, carpenter nack lintel dem still collect, roofing, german floor. Guy you sef go vex and frustrate at some point.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by bujebudanu1(m): 9:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
Lol grin
Those guys are just terrible especially in ibeshe area of ikorodu. Kia Lagos State needs cleaning.

Went for a project. We wanted to drop our 2 cleared containers , as we were offloading, one bike just came( they have one uniform,native and face cap, ones u see anybody with that.just know say na omonile b dat grin) , and started shouting bla bla.we didn't answer at first, so he went to call his back up( before we.say they just came like 10bikes just entered d site with their boss.(kob) king of boys, this one is a bleeping big boy omonile chopping free money.i stayed in d town for like 4 months and I saw his doings, drives a venza, tundra , has hotels and tippers and so on , investment. We paid #150k and that phase was gone.

Mind u. There at ibeshe. If.u come to buy something and they see the truck,( they must see, cos they stay 24/7 outside d road, under the tree) u must pay, u want to sell,u must pay. U want to drop ur goods, u want to develop. Anything

Finishing the project too. They came for settlement .

They have informants in every street ,inshort all the youths and men in their 40s ,50s are omonile

While on water , another set came with canoe

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Owologbo(m): 9:52pm On Nov 22, 2019
nextstep:
Not only Lagos oh... they are plentiful here in Delta. I am speaking from painful experiences.
At the end of the day, as somebody already commented: be humble, find them small change, and no worries.

The money you would have used to get police, security, or lawyer, just use this for the omo onnile tax.
It's good to verify and double-secure your documents, tax, forms, etc... but 10k and a smile will work wonders.

Seconded, it's quite similar to my experiences in the smaller towns outside Asaba. I acquired a few plots, and the first sign of trouble was when people came to start breaking the building I was constructing. Or when they won't let the suppliers offload their trucks. Or when I had to settle them again before roofing.

Nawa for you o. so because you had in one corner close to Asaba, you have to tag the whole state.
I'm from Delta State, and this is my first time of hearing this.
Talking of Lagos, it happens in every corner of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by aspirebig: 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
Mine was very sad.

Lagos /Login state Omoniles are heartless and very wicked. Not what one should remember.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by ud4u: 9:54pm On Nov 22, 2019
They came when I was painting my house, not a new building.

4 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

You don't have a clue about how bad they're, wait until you want to build a house, then you Will definitely change tune bro.

2 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by nextstep(m): 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2019
Owologbo:

Nawa for you o. so because you had in one corner close to Asaba, you have to tag the whole state.
I'm from Delta State, and this is my first time of hearing this.
Talking of Lagos, it happens in every corner of Lagos.

You haven't heard of it... does not mean it doesn't happen.

I have experience trouble in 3 places around Asaba.

I haven't built in the following places, but I have friends and family who have built in Warri, Agbor, Ughelli, Sapele.
Their stories lead me to believe it happens all over the state.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by webngnews: 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2019
Oh
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by tunde82seidat(f): 10:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
Wow I'm surprised people still buy from Òmò onile o when we have some good reputable real estate companies that have done all the work of Òmò onile .
We market for very few of them with good titled properties in Òmole phase 2 extension , Ajah, Abijò , Sangotedo and ibeju lekki and even outside lagos like ibadan and Abuja at affordable prices o .Check my signature for more information
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by tonididdy(m): 10:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
yommytino:
Issue of Omo Onile in Lagos has extended to almost all south west states. If you want to commence construction they will collect foundation fee, if you want to roof building another tax, plastering tax, flooring tax, septic tank charge, cement work fee, plumbing fee, Aluminum windows etc. Ikorodu is even worst. Osun state is catching up gradually.
Jesus hence the reason no development in those States... Take a trip to Benin and its outskirts and see magnificent structure. It's build as you please but cook for your host community, if they don't want to eat, then give the money equivalent.

I feel really proud of my state reading this. This can only frustrate one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by tonididdy(m): 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2019
MrMcJay:

Mehn bullets go full ground... Dead body go surplus grin
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by tonididdy(m): 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
grin grin angry
ud4u:
They came when I was painting my house, not a new building.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by MrMcJay(m): 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2019
tunde82seidat:
Wow I'm surprised people still buy from Òmò onile o when we have some good reputable real estate companies that have done all the work of Òmò onile .
We market for very few of them with good titled properties in Òmole phase 2 extension , Ajah, Abijò , Sangotedo and ibeju lekki and even outside lagos like ibadan and Abuja at affordable prices o .Check my signature for more information

Where to your real estate companies get their lands from? Isn't it the same Omoniles?

From my professional experience, most Real Estate companies are worse than Omoniles in fleecing clients. The genuine ones are very few and they don't make noise or advertise much before their plots get sold out.

2 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by MrMcJay(m): 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2019
tonididdy:

Mehn bullets go full ground... Dead body go surplus grin

No, they even agreed to wait till it appreciates, sell it and share the money.

While they were waiting, Omoniles sold it to a third person. That one is a civilian.

3 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by tonididdy(m): 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2019
MrMcJay:

No, they even agreed to wait till it appreciates, sell it and share the money.

While they were waiting, Omoniles sold it to a third person. That one is a civilian.

Guy I don dey suspect this your story grin grin cheesy no Fffing way

6 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by odimbannamdi(m): 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2019
bujebudanu1:
Lol grin
Those guys are just terrible especially in ibeshe area of ikorodu. Kia Lagos State needs cleaning.

Went for a project. We wanted to drop our 2 cleared containers , as we were offloading, one bike just came( they have one uniform,native and face cap, ones u see anybody with that.just know say na omonile b dat grin) , and started shouting bla bla.we didn't answer at first, so he went to call his back up( before we.say they just came like 10bikes just entered d site with their boss.(kob) king of boys, this one is a bleeping big boy omonile chopping free money.i stayed in d town for like 4 months and I saw his doings, drives a venza, tundra , has hotels and tippers and so on , investment. We paid #150k and that phase was gone.

Mind u. There at ibeshe. If.u come to buy something and they see the truck,( they must see, cos they stay 24/7 outside d road, under the tree) u must pay, u want to sell,u must pay. U want to drop ur goods, u want to develop. Anything

Finishing the project too. They came for settlement .

They have informants in every street ,inshort all the youths and men in their 40s ,50s are omonile

While on water , another set came with canoe

Wow!

This is very scary!
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by odimbannamdi(m): 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2019
aspirebig:
Mine was very sad.

Lagos /Login state Omoniles are heartless and very wicked. Not what one should remember.

Share your story, we would love to hear it
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by MrMcJay(m): 11:04pm On Nov 22, 2019
tonididdy:

Guy I don dey suspect this your story grin grin cheesy no Fffing way

The moderator of the property section posted it here some years ago.

If you want more crazy stories, ask policemen in Lagos state police command or Zone 2. You'll hear the craziest land cases there.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by vicbry007(m): 11:12pm On Nov 22, 2019
I don’t have much to say but the fear of camouflage (soldier) is the beginning of wisdom for omo onile
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
Lagos is better.

Abuja is official omonile called fcda.

These people are evil.
U will buy land in a govt approved area with papers intact, once u start raising foundation, they will appear.
They charge according to the type of house u are building.
If u give them building plan to approve, they will continue delaying until u start building out of annoyance.

That is when they will come and and demand for the approved building plan from u. Meanwhile its with them.
Settle them or no building. Once u settle them, your building plan will be approved
Thieves in uniform.
Nigeria is rotten. It will never ever be good again

2 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by LabDNA: 12:07am On Nov 23, 2019
When we bought our land and started building, they came and caused troubles. I called the Baale of the area and gave him the contract to supply sand and water, he himself settled the omo onile boys and kept vigil at the site.

Turning problem to solution only demand common sense.

4 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by SweetPreeq(m): 12:12am On Nov 23, 2019
They're not here in Lekki
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by LabDNA: 12:24am On Nov 23, 2019
Another way to avoid them is to buy an already built house and land.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Realestatepro(m): 4:48am On Nov 23, 2019
yommytino:
Issue of Omo Onile in Lagos has extended to almost all south west states. If you want to commence construction they will collect foundation fee, if you want to roof building another tax, plastering tax, flooring tax, septic tank charge, cement work fee, plumbing fee, Aluminum windows etc. Ikorodu is even worst. Osun state is catching up gradually.

Really?
Ikorodu also?
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Realestatepro(m): 4:56am On Nov 23, 2019
But you wont experience all this when you buy from a reputable real estate firm.
Contact us today
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by bolseas(f): 6:46am On Nov 23, 2019
yommytino:

Same explerience at Adamo, ikorodu. We had to pay for borehole too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Calculate Or Estimate Longspan Aluminium Roofing Sheets. / 2014 The Year Of The New Lagos Electronic Certificate Of Occupancy ( E-C of O) / Genuine Lekki Estate Land For Sale - N1.5M (C Of O, Installmental Payment)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.